Mkretz puts a spin on AI's DAA!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to give a huge thank you to AI sports for alloing me to log this product....right now I do not have the time to write out my whoel story, I jsut wnated to get this log up and running....the reason for my interesting title deals with mysituation, this will now be the usual run of DAA and i hope to have bloowork done at some point in this log! thanks for following alone and there will be more info and workouts up soon, diet too!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so about a year and a half ago i finally got my T levels checke cu i felt like crap all the time, couldnt put on any muscle, after i had lost about 50pounds of bsicallly pure muscle due to being sick and being hospitilized, It came back with levels under 100....i tried and tried to get it up on my own with things liek DAA, lots of sat fat, fat in general, etc..... got it up to about 100 natrually, unfortunately i had like no LH either so my body was not telling my balls to make any test.............. because of this my doctor put me on hrt (androgel), was on that for about a year, then went off to tr a "restart" with clomid, which didn't work and within the 2 weeks i was off the gel my Test went back down to 29!........ so they put me back on gel, well about a month ago i was taken off the gel again :-(......... I am doing everything i can to hopefully get my body to somehow perform a miracle and start making some damn hormones. I will be running AIs DAA as well as supersaponins which i have been using for a few weeks right now ( i was also on Purus labs d-pol for a few weeks) I honestly don't feel that bad which suprises me, however i have only put on a bout a pound or 2 if that in the past month, but going by feeling which is the most important in my opinion i dont feel as bad as i had int he past s i guess thats a plus!!!................

- my trainings tyle always starts witha big lift for lower reps, usually do some sort of power movement maye wit bands or chains then work more in teh hypertrophy range after that, hoping to get some hormones flowing

diet is 3500 calories sort of carb cycle....300/250/144 on mod. days p/c/f 300/350/100 on high days......I also am going to be going back to an IF or lean gains style eating which i know is usually used for recomp but its jsut alot easier for me because i work early in the mornigns as a fitness instrctor and personal trianier and i cannot eat and then immediately try to teach a class or eat while training, also i seem to be more alert throughoght the day......it is kinda hard to eat almost 2000 calories for my fast breaking meal, but very rewarding! lol

-if anyone has any secrets to maybe helping to boost my natrual T production feel free to shoot me some ideas......... I also hope to ahve some bloodwork somewhere during this log, honetlyid be happy with t levels around 250-300 at this point, which i konw sux but since its coming form literally like 29, ill take it!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i reall yhope u guys read that long post though so u know my situation and why teh title of the thread is the way it is! thanks again!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Dude you will love DAA, i personally get great results from it and it never fails me. It will be VERY beneficial for your situation as well, i have like 10 people at work on DAA and they all have given me positive feedback including older guys/younger guys all over the place. I would LOAD up on Vitamin D as well i take a multi pak that has 4,000 iu of it and i noticed a difference within 2 days considering i neglected the HELL out of my vitamins/minerals which i should have been on top of. When you deplete yourself training all these become very critical and beneficial to your overall health. I started taking Glandulars as well it seems to help as well! If i remember anything ill come back and post it up for you!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what r glandulars? i also only take a basic centrum multi, thining of getting a good multi but at the same tiem id rather wai till this runs out and i still got alot.....i take 6,000 IU a day of vit d so tahts not a prob, lie i said though my t levels have always been low since i got sick cu my brain isnt making hte LH hopefully sumthing good happens,like i siad as well id ont feel too bad, havent weighted myself recently either

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lets hope daa can get your test back for good coming off of hrt. Remember you were on a year so the longer a person is on the longer it will take to come back

are you getting testing done , total and free ?

Four weeks is shown to work and in your situataion im going to say 8 weeks at the leas so maybe next month I can get you out another tun and you continue this log for another month

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
what r glandulars? i also only take a basic centrum multi, thining of getting a good multi but at the same tiem id rather wai till this runs out and i still got alot.....i take 6,000 IU a day of vit d so tahts not a prob, lie i said though my t levels have always been low since i got sick cu my brain isnt making hte LH hopefully sumthing good happens,like i siad as well id ont feel too bad, havent weighted myself recently either
I believe they support adrenal gland function and control optimum hormone levels in the body. All i know is since i started taking them every pre workout feels like the first and i have tons more energy throughout the day. My only complaint is that they stink...a LOT haha

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you seen the blood work that's been released by some of our loggers on TestoPRO? I know Daft went from 420 to 751 in about five weeks of TestoPRO. Something to think about later down the road.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you seen the blood work that's been released by some of our loggers on TestoPRO? I know Daft went from 420 to 751 in about five weeks of TestoPRO. Something to think about later down the road.
...id love to try it out! esp, after this, if i can start making some on my own, id love to try it for sure, jsut thinking about it gets me excited lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe they support adrenal gland function and control optimum hormone levels in the body. All i know is since i started taking them every pre workout feels like the first and i have tons more energy throughout the day. My only complaint is that they stink...a LOT haha
do u have like a brand name or a place to get these....id love to try them, im so stimmed out i need something like this lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lets hope daa can get your test back for good coming off of hrt. Remember you were on a year so the longer a person is on the longer it will take to come back

are you getting testing done , total and free ?

Four weeks is shown to work and in your situataion im going to say 8 weeks at the leas so maybe next month I can get you out another tun and you continue this log for another month
i gotta tlak with my doc, my guess is i will be getting it tested soon, hopefully during this log.....and if 8 is what u recommend i would def. be down to keep the log going, that woudl be awsome!....id say its abotu 80% ill be getting bloodwork during teh log, but it will def. behappening sooner rather than later.......ill let u know as soon as i know, i cant wait to see the #s though to be honest....part of me feels liek i maybe making at least some on my own right now

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i had a cray leg workout today, definitely ALOT of hormones released, there jsut had to be lol.....
did some heavy reverse banded squats which was a real cool feel to it.
Then did 4 sets of high rep squats which had me at the bottom of the rack on the last set
-next was 3 sets of heavy hack squats where i was ablt to set soem prs, and then one drop set to ttal failure

i also did glute bridges, RDL, sumo deads (lighter weight really focusing on squeeing my glutes) from a step so i had to get down extra low, 1 leg squats and a superset of leg curls with leg ext. to finish off....one hell of a workout

funny thing is i was really tired before teh workout and was REALLY close to taking today off, but the workout turned out to be one of my best leg workouts in a really long tiem, i was soooo focused the entire time, i think part of the reason was the fact that i was sweatin my ass off lol it was hot today and the sweat jsut gets me goin i guess haha......not looking forward to teh net couple of days.....unfortunately not gonna eb getting alot of sleep again tonight so recoery may be an issue, i really think this is where i tend to fall short, i train hard as hell, eat like crazy but soemtimes i jsut dotn rest enough im always on the go, and dont sleep very well..........

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
btw..sorry i did not post weights or reps.....got some stuff i need to check still before i go to bed and gotta get up early...... sets are usuall 3 heavy sets ith one lighter higher rep set in the beginning for the big movemetns and then same idea with smaller movmetns usually but only 3 sets....i try to go very slow on the negative and try to explode up and hold the contraction....this has been working very well lately, been feelign very pumped !

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How was your weekend? You don't seem like you're the partying type, but I could be wrong. I stayed home and grilled. :D

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
honestly, not much of aprtier, but the biggest reason, i work too damn much lol...starting a 4th job soon, and school, no the jobs are a few hours at each but still......i literally cook, sleep, workout and go to school (every now and then lol)...thats y i say im very active lol plus y i think my recovery may suffer

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
btw....worked asked if i coudl come in to help outtoday so i didd , so i didnt train today

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tomorrow will be a carb load day for sure, shootin for 400g......off days i usually do carbs just from veggies.dairy/nuts etc....so i shoudl be pretty carb deplete after 2 days now so im down for a refeed

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
do u have like a brand name or a place to get these....id love to try them, im so stimmed out i need something like this lol

This is the stuff i'm currently using, it smells like ass but seems to be working pretty good right now even with me killing myself in the gym haha

http://www.nspresearchnutrition.com/nsp-sterol-11/

Nice leg workout man!! I'm training legs tomorrow gonna go for 20 rep squats for 2-3 sets i will be dead that's for sure. Stupid? Maybe, but i'm willing to try!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chest workout today...little shaky, wasnt relaly focused for sum reason, really no idea why since i took two days off.... did al ittel cardio both days, my guess is that i didnt get enough cals in, esp. sunday since i did cardio and tehn was on my feet ALL day literally dont think isat down till righ before bed, and still was only taking in around 2600 cals.....that mixed with almost no carsb both days, althoug my pre workout meal had about 125 g carbs in it so i dunno......got decently focused towards the end, ..........still feel like i got a good chest workout though, maybe iddnt get teh intesnte pumps but my reps were lower using bands alot on bench and hammer strength presses so hat could be why, we will see what soreness tomorrow brings haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and i jsut foudn out i have an exam thurs anhave liek an entire books worth of notes to memeorize by then lol soooo updates may be alittle short till then!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
honestly, not much of aprtier, but the biggest reason, i work too damn much lol...starting a 4th job soon, and school, no the jobs are a few hours at each but still......i literally cook, sleep, workout and go to school (every now and then lol)...thats y i say im very active lol plus y i think my recovery may suffer
back when i was 24 I did three jobs and school, plus dedicated to this lifestyle. Its manageable, it takes planning and brining your food along, unless you were lucky like me and yourfamily brought your food to your workoplace =).. that was over 6 years ago lol how time flies

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that woudl be nice....my mom would never weigh out food for me and all that, shed say "jsut go get a whopper, you need it"

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my family knew I was serious into bodybuilding from day one because I ate breathes and lived it since I turned 21 until now!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
same here, but my family thinks its the reason im so skinny, ......im tryin to get big though lol i dunno

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was an arm day....started offwith banded towel bench 4 sets of 6 then a couple heavy singles jsut to see what i could do, def. not a max but felt good to move some heavier weights.

then i did Rev. banded close grip smith bench presses, normally i dotn feel CG presse smuch in my tris but toay was an exception, great pumps the whoel workout, even working in the 8-10 rep range on these, i was really feelin it in my tris

next was decline skull crushers , 4 sets 8-10 last set was a drop with presses as well

then i did a different superset for me, 3 sets of vbar pushdown ss with bench dips, this relaly pumped up teh tris

lastly for tris i did DB overhead ext. but woulnt go nearly as heavy as normal, tris were def. shot, form was perfect thogh, all the way down fora good stretch

for bis i started off with sumthign ery different..... i did 4 sets of 5 negatives which was pretty tough, i have never really done negatives before i dont think, def. felt somedamage goin on haha

net was one of my new favorite exercises, banded hammer stength plate loaded curl.......the contraction at the top of the movement becasue of the band is un beatable, nothin like it! its liek a mix of a pump and a ripping feeling all at once, gota lvoe it! 4 sets of 10 for that!

next was lying cable str8 bar curl, 3 sets 10-12 then 3 sets incline curl 10-12 with a double drop on teh last set!

pumps were really good today, vascularity seemed more intense as well..... overall very good workout, my tris were shaking or a few hours after, which is not normal lol so i think i did good :)

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
You're trying to get bigger but you have low carb days...?

Squash that **** and eat, homie!

Red Meat, ZMA before bed on an empty stomach or a supplement like Animal PM, tons of compound movements, a **** load of sleep and heavy weights. Glutamine before bed too for aiding a hormone boosting sleep.

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
And real talk, no homo obviously, but make sure you bust a nut on the regular, regardless if it's with a partner or solo.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And real talk, no homo obviously, but make sure you bust a nut on the regular, regardless if it's with a partner or solo.

soudns bad but.....with my t issue, thas kinda tough :-(....and with the low carb days, calories are sill there, y do i really need the carbs if im mostly sedentary, keeps my insulin sensitivity up right?

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
I would think having a steady dose of slow digesting carbs would better insulin sensitivity more than random major spikes from carb up days.... But dont quote me on that

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think one of the ideas behind the IF style diet is the increas in sulin sensitivity....since ur not eating for so long, when u do eat, ur sensitivity is way up and u absorb everything.......i woudl think u kinda get teh same effect from low carb days......not 100% though

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very intense leg workout today, once i get going its sum good stuff lol....did rev. banded suats to start again but i think i set up the bands a little different so they didnt pull up as much so i was not able to do as much, however i made sure to get extra low and really felt it in my hams and glutes and of ccourse quads......

then i did sum jumps quats 4 sets of 6 with 135 jsut for some power....

then was high rep squats set 12-15 , went up in weight here form last week, last set was brutal, legs were shakin, ended up at the bottom of the rack

then did 3 heavy sets of hack squat where i was wable to increase weigh again and then a lighter set witha drop which once again had my legs feeling like they were o fire

then moved on to hams, did glute bridges, very controlled for a cahgne with the same weihts as last week so i was def. streonger here, then moved onto RDLs.....

next was wide stance sumo DLS with 25s on each side then jsut added weigh from tehre so i had to squat real low and really squeeed my glutes at teh top of each rep, these were brutal, but im trying to target my glutes when possible.......

last was 3 sets of leg curls and 3 sets o leg ext last set was a double drop, then flexing and stretching after those drop sets ........ tomorrow will def. be an off day cu ill eb extremely sore, gonna do sum light cardio to get teh blood flowin though and hopefully ill find time to do some foam rolling as well

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im am also debating on taking a "deload" week with lighter weihts higher reps and shorter workouts, dunno though, id ont liek tod o it lol, maybe ill take a break from teh bands cu thsoe are pretty tough on the CNS

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
how do u guys do deload weeks if at all?
I do when i start to feel "run down" or wiped out, it's hard to explain but maybe joints will bother you or you just won't feel 100%, i do 1 week of lighter weights with higher reps like 15-20 you don't want to go too light but i would pick a weight that is like 20% lower than your normal working sets, this way you get blood moving stimulate the muscle but don't kill yourself with heavy weights. For me 1 week did the trick and i felt 200%
Keep up the good work man workouts look intense!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks man, maybe next week, so far i feel pretty godo this week, not alot of sleep last night and sitll ahd plenty of energy today which is rare for me throughout teh day i usually et sluggish so im gonna eep at it for now...... made some strength imporvements on a few movemetns today again so feelin pretty good!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wierd thing though is my first movement (banded bench) i was only as strong as lasxt week, amybe a tiny bit weaker but on everythign else i was stronger, I wonder why

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
wierd thing though is my first movement (banded bench) i was only as strong as lasxt week, amybe a tiny bit weaker but on everythign else i was stronger, I wonder why
That type of **** could be from diet, how you slept the night before, if you used a bit more of a certain muscle during your previous exercises, if you came back to that muscle before it fully healed, if it's a full moon... A bunch of stuff.

If you can't increase in weight in one exercise during a workout but you can in others youre on the right track.

I usually chalk it up to the fact that I exerted myself more in the other movements and my body just doesn't have enough to keep the progression going for that day. If this happens for weeks on one lift, check your mechanics and/or switch the order up.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That type of **** could be from diet, how you slept the night before, if you used a bit more of a certain muscle during your previous exercises, if you came back to that muscle before it fully healed, if it's a full moon... A bunch of stuff.

If you can't increase in weight in one exercise during a workout but you can in others youre on the right track.

I usually chalk it up to the fact that I exerted myself more in the other movements and my body just doesn't have enough to keep the progression going for that day. If this happens for weeks on one lift, check your mechanics and/or switch the order up.

yea im not too concerned, i was stronger on everything else but it was jsut od that my fist eercise iw asnt ...i dunno

anyways, today was back and i was stronger on all lifts.....next week i will change up what lifts im doing for 2 weeks then come back to these and see how strenght is coming along..... Ive been doing alot more width exercises, for the next 2 weeks gonna go for more thickness exercises, liek heavy t bars and closegrip pulldowns.

also at teh end of the workout i was sooo focuse don on my seated calf raises for sum reason...... it was the only calf exercises i got to but i was able to get 4 sets with 2 drop sets but with amaign contractions and drop to stanidng bw raises with stretches at the end.......i feet were like twitching for at leaast a half an hour after, felt great....with calfs u really gonna squeee the top of the motion and im starting to learn to do athat better, and man does it kill lol but fels amazing!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today i did quads/shoulders...not exactly sue how longi spent in tehe but it was a while.....workout was al ittle shaky towads the end, i jsut felt drained.....dunno if its low glycogen or what....also appetite was huge today, again, not sure why, didntsleep much yest, maybe thats teh reasons for all this.......

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
deload week is always a good idea, specially when the joints start hurting!
totally Karl

today i did quads/shoulders...not exactly sue how longi spent in tehe but it was a while.....workout was al ittle shaky towads the end, i jsut felt drained.....dunno if its low glycogen or what....also appetite was huge today, again, not sure why, didntsleep much yest, maybe thats teh reasons for all this.......
eat more ! lol

are you getting bloodwork during your daa run anytime soon?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was chest/arms....but i havent done an abs ina whle so i wanted to get some of thsoe in too.......only problem was i sent way too much tiem on chet and only had time for two tri exercises and one bi execise and onlyrope curls and leg raises........ for chest i did 5 sets of 6 witha pause on teh chest to develop some power/trength in the bottom part of the motion which is my weakest part

net was explosive band benches jsut 6 ets of 6 light weight, trying to get some explosiveness...then did DB incline, weighted dips, decline bench, banded incline hammer press, cable cross overs, and what i call "stretch" d flys, is jsut doing a littel pulse rep at a full stretch, gives a geat pumpa dn keeps teh tension on the muscle longer..........

for bis i did 4 sets of a reverse drop set on cable curls , 30,40,50 lbs........also 3 sets of 5 negatives of standing barbell curls......for tris i did banded smith machine CG bench pess which really fries teh tris because teh weight is the heaviest right when the tris take over.....then did some one arm neutal grip DB ext. failing and then givin forced reps but still contolling the negative

for abs i did rope cucnhes for upper abs and leg raises for lowe abs, didnt get a good lower ab focus cuz iw as rushing which upsets me cuz i really wanna work on my lowr abs but i have a hard to focusing in on them........the rope crunches were heavy ut still got a squeeze on every rep for 4 sets 10-15 witha drop on the last set..... strenth was up on the first bench exercise but i think teh eplosive band bench tired me ou a little bit because soem of my weights were downa fter that (didnt do those last week) still had a good mind muscle connection today....been using N.O. ignite 2 from finalex, effing love the stuff!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im thinking of sticking with this split....back/hams, chest/arms, quads/shoulders........I like that I can split up the legs, but i find im in the gym longer and then i dont get to abs or calves..........any suggestions?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im thinking of sticking with this split....back/hams, chest/arms, quads/shoulders........I like that I can split up the legs, but i find im in the gym longer and then i dont get to abs or calves..........any suggestions?
once a week would work its simple and works or just try that split

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
todays workout started off slow (quads/shoulders), but ended real good...... about 3 second eccentric one second concentric no pause.....burned for sure......weights were up for shoulders.....quads were iffy ........... interested to see how the legs feel tomorrow to pull deads since i got back/hams

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, how are your legs feeling today? :D

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quads are sore but deads felt great.....did hams before back (afte deads) and felt great the whoel workout..... did RDLs, seated leg curls, lying ham curls ( heels out and in) good mornings, and wide stnace smith squts, for back i did tbar, bent over rows, 1 arm rows and 1 arm low cable rows.....solid workout for sure!