JD's Quest To Succes! LeanGains Diet

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    JD's Quest To Succes! LeanGains Diet


    Day 1 LeanGains diet/ PP contest!

    Thought I'd start a new log for this, going to try the LeanGains and enter the Andromass contest, as long as I think the after pictures are good enough lol. I took before pics today but forgot the news paper so I'll redo them tomorrow. I got enough fat to lose, gained quite a bit since then with injuries and all lately, I'll give this diet at least 4 weeks to see how it works for me.

    Will keep trying to improve overall strength and endurance, hopefully I can get the lower back up and running 100% in the next 4-6 then I'll be going back to the MMA gym and putting all my time into that. But for now this will do lol.

    Recently changed up how im doing weight training, pretty much doing tons of extra sets rippin the muscle tissue up aha, fingers crossed this change helps overall performance.


    Morning weight- 191.8lbs

    LeanGains Diet
    3 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake
    5 PM: Pre-workout(1.5 scoops of Meso+4 caps of Super Cissus)
    5:30 PM: Weights/Cardio
    9 PM: Large meal- Extra lean hamburger/ Fruit smoothie
    11 PM: Last Meal- Chicken Breat and Fat free Cottage cheese
    1 PM: 1 scoop of Xtend
    3 AM: 2 scoops of Xtend
    Fasted state- 11pm-3pm


    Monday, May 9th 2011 Workout


    Back Rehab Routine
    Lower back stretches
    Hamstring stretches
    Knee in stretch
    Pelvic tlits
    Cat and Camel stretch
    Press ups
    Planks(including side bridges)
    Bridges
    Bird Dog
    Superman
    Knee to chest

    Workout- Chest, Shoudlers, Triceps, and H.I.T Cardio

    Bench Press- 8 sets 45x20/ 95x8/ 135x5/ 185x3/ 225x5/ 185x10/ 170x10/ 170x8

    Incline Bench Press- 8 sets 45x10/ 95x10/ 135x10/ 150x5/ 115x12/ 95x12/ 95x15/ 80x10

    Incline DB Flys- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/ 35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
    Super Set
    V-ups- 4 sets 25/20/20/20

    Flat DB Press- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
    Super Set
    V-Ups 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20

    Circuit Overhead DB Press- 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
    Overhead 1 arm DB extension- 3 sets 35x10/ 35x8/ 35x6
    V-UPS 20/ 20/ 20
    Repeated 3 times

    Circuit Reverse overhead press- 3 sets 80x10/ 45x20/ 45x20 Pressdowns- 3 sets 120x15/ 120x15/ 120x15 Crunches 3 sets 20/20/20 Repeated 3 times


    Circuit Upright Row- 3 sets 45x15/ 45x15/ 45x15
    DB Shrugs - 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
    Oblique Crunches- 3 sets 25/25/25
    Repeated 3 times

    Circuit Shoulder raise circuit- 3 sets 8's'sx60/ 25'sx30/ 8'sx60
    Pressdowns circuit- 3 sets
    Leg Ups- 25/ 20/ 20
    Repeated 3 times

    Total ab reps=500

    Body Squats- 5 sets 20/20/20/20/20

    H.I.T Cardio Skipping 10x1min sprints

    Sauna 30min




    Thoughts
    Went with 1 rounded scoop and half a scoop of Meso, holy shizzzz, little to much for me lol, will stick with 1 rounded scoop!
    Right now I'm taking Mesomorph/ Creatine and Super Cissus. Will be done the Meso and Creatine Friday.

    Bench press didn't go as well this week but for some reason after 225x5 my right shoulder felt overly pumped and sore, I believe I havn't healed up from fridays full body workout. So went a little lighter through the workout but still got an amazing pump and very sick intense workout. Skipping 1min sprints with 30 sec rest is fun, I am a jump rope whore LOL.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com

  2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,868
    Rep Power
    778115
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    It's funny, my natural eating is almost intermittent fasting but I had more like 9-10 eating hours.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Subbed JD, I like the changes you made to your diet. Any trouble with hunger or anything?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,967
    Rep Power
    123678
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    5.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    IN for this. Let the transformation... COMMENCE!
    Celtic Labs Rep
  5. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    22019
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    94.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nice, in to follow!

  6. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,944
    Rep Power
    2569484
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    This Lean Gains is really gaining momentum on the boards.. Hope it works out for you JD!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  7. Senior Member
    ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3028
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Day 1 LeanGains diet/ PP contest!

    Thought I'd start a new log for this, going to try the LeanGains and enter the Andromass contest, as long as I think the after pictures are good enough lol. I took before pics today but forgot the news paper so I'll redo them tomorrow. I got enough fat to lose, gained quite a bit since then with injuries and all lately, I'll give this diet at least 4 weeks to see how it works for me.

    Will keep trying to improve overall strength and endurance, hopefully I can get the lower back up and running 100% in the next 4-6 then I'll be going back to the MMA gym and putting all my time into that. But for now this will do lol.

    Recently changed up how im doing weight training, pretty much doing tons of extra sets rippin the muscle tissue up aha, fingers crossed this change helps overall performance.



    LeanGains Diet
    3 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake
    5 PM: Pre-workout(1.5 scoops of Meso+4 caps of Super Cissus)
    5:30 PM: Weights/Cardio
    9 PM: Large meal- Extra lean hamburger/ Fruit smoothie
    11 PM: Last Meal- Chicken Breat and Fat free Cottage cheese
    1 PM: 1 scoop of Xtend
    3 AM: 2 scoops of Xtend
    Fasted state- 11pm-3pm


    Monday, May 9th 2011 Workout


    Back Rehab Routine
    Lower back stretches
    Hamstring stretches
    Knee in stretch
    Pelvic tlits
    Cat and Camel stretch
    Press ups
    Planks(including side bridges)
    Bridges
    Bird Dog
    Superman
    Knee to chest

    Workout- Chest, Shoudlers, Triceps, and H.I.T Cardio

    Bench Press- 8 sets 45x20/ 95x8/ 135x5/ 185x3/ 225x5/ 185x10/ 170x10/ 170x8

    Incline Bench Press- 8 sets 45x10/ 95x10/ 135x10/ 150x5/ 115x12/ 95x12/ 95x15/ 80x10

    Incline DB Flys- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/ 35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
    Super Set
    V-ups- 4 sets 25/20/20/20

    Flat DB Press- 8 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx12/35'sx10/ 35'sx8/ 35'sx6/ 35'sx5/ 35'sx4/ 35'sx4
    Super Set
    V-Ups 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20/ 20

    Circuit Overhead DB Press- 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
    Overhead 1 arm DB extension- 3 sets 35x10/ 35x8/ 35x6
    V-UPS 20/ 20/ 20
    Repeated 3 times

    Circuit Reverse overhead press- 3 sets 80x10/ 45x20/ 45x20 Pressdowns- 3 sets 120x15/ 120x15/ 120x15 Crunches 3 sets 20/20/20 Repeated 3 times


    Circuit Upright Row- 3 sets 45x15/ 45x15/ 45x15
    DB Shrugs - 3 sets 35'sx15/ 35'sx15/ 35'sx15
    Oblique Crunches- 3 sets 25/25/25
    Repeated 3 times

    Circuit Shoulder raise circuit- 3 sets 8's'sx60/ 25'sx30/ 8'sx60
    Pressdowns circuit- 3 sets
    Leg Ups- 25/ 20/ 20
    Repeated 3 times

    Total ab reps=500

    Body Squats- 5 sets 20/20/20/20/20

    H.I.T Cardio Skipping 10x1min sprints

    Sauna 30min




    Thoughts
    Went with 1 rounded scoop and half a scoop of Meso, holy shizzzz, little to much for me lol, will stick with 1 rounded scoop!
    Right now I'm taking Mesomorph/ Creatine and Super Cissus. Will be done the Meso and Creatine Friday.

    Bench press didn't go as well this week but for some reason after 225x5 my right shoulder felt overly pumped and sore, I believe I havn't healed up from fridays full body workout. So went a little lighter through the workout but still got an amazing pump and very sick intense workout. Skipping 1min sprints with 30 sec rest is fun, I am a jump rope whore LOL.
    my eating has been pretty crazy , im doing a Keto IF diet. i have a tremendous appetite but i can deal with hunger pangs but still end up finishing all my food in 1.5-4 hours no matter how hard i try to space it. but once i start the fast im golden,
  8. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    22019
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    94.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Where can I read more about this diet?

  9. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,944
    Rep Power
    2569484
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    my eating has been pretty crazy , im doing a Keto IF diet. i have a tremendous appetite but i can deal with hunger pangs but still end up finishing all my food in 1.5-4 hours no matter how hard i try to space it. but once i start the fast im golden,
    Are you logging this?

    I am interested to see how how a lean gains and keto approach would turn out. I have thought about trying it myself but wasn't sure how the absence of carbs would effect cGMP, which to my understanding is what you want to activate in the eating portion of the diet.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Where can I read more about this diet?
    The official site of leangains is www.leangains.com

    But Mr. Kleen created an amazing and informative thread here that you can find mostly all the information you need The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  10. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Where can I read more about this diet?
    leangains.com is the Mecca for this diet.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  11. Senior Member
    ssbackwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3028
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    97.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Are you logging this?

    I am interested to see how how a lean gains and keto approach would turn out. I have thought about trying it myself but wasn't sure how the absence of carbs would effect cGMP, which to my understanding is what you want to activate in the eating portion of the diet.
    cGMP is used for a lot of things, main thing to worry about IMO on a keto IF diet is the acetyl CoA production leading to ketone formation.

    i havent been logging it, but i have a thread i started in the Old school hormone use forum (not to hijack at all) where my beginning weight was 191 and now im 184 and prolly 7% leaner (bf 14. somehting to bout 8, maybe a tad less.) just waiting for someone to post pictures for me.

    but also remember carbs can be formed from lactic acid.... and you still get some in a keto diet.
  12. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    It's funny, my natural eating is almost intermittent fasting but I had more like 9-10 eating hours.
    I've never tried fasting really, I'm very excited to see how my body responds to this diet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Subbed JD, I like the changes you made to your diet. Any trouble with hunger or anything?
    So far I would say no, last night was pretty easy but right now I am sooo hungry lol, about to have my first meal of the day, Protein/oatmeal blended up.


    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    IN for this. Let the transformation... COMMENCE!
    O YA Thanks for joining in!

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Nice, in to follow!
    Glad to have ya on board!

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    This Lean Gains is really gaining momentum on the boards.. Hope it works out for you JD!
    I'm pumped to try this out Glad to have ya here bro!


    Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    my eating has been pretty crazy , im doing a Keto IF diet. i have a tremendous appetite but i can deal with hunger pangs but still end up finishing all my food in 1.5-4 hours no matter how hard i try to space it. but once i start the fast im golden,
    I never tried the Keto diet, I normally just try and stick to 4-6 meals a day, at least 1g of protein per pound and maintenance cals. Thanks for joining in!




    Just updated 1st post, I forgot to post yesterdays morning weight in 191.8lbs
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  13. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,993
    Rep Power
    4684006
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    51.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Good stuff so far JD! I can't wait to see how this treats you. I love lean gains!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  14. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Good stuff so far JD! I can't wait to see how this treats you. I love lean gains!
    Thank you MrKleen! All the info you posted about this diet really got me interested, def on the way to fat loss, some water weight dropped pretty fast.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  15. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Day 2

    Starting weight- 191.8lbs
    Morning weight- 187.5lbs -4.3 pounds(Water weight)


    LeanGains Diet
    3 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake
    5 PM: Pre-workout(1/2 scoop of Meso+2 scoops of N.OIgnite+4 caps of Super Cissus)
    5:30 PM: Weights/Cardio
    10 PM: Large meal- Extra lean hamburger Pita/ Fruit smoothie
    12 AM: Last Meal- Chicken Breat and Fat free Cottage cheese
    1 AM: 1 scoop of Xtend
    3 AM: 2 scoops of Xtend
    Fasted state- 12AM-3pm(1 Hour short)


    Tuesday, May 10th 2011 Workout

    Workout- Chest, Shoudlers, Triceps, and H.I.T Cardio

    Seated alternating DB Curls- 6 sets 20'sx10/ 40'sx8/ 60'sx8/ 70'sx3/ 70'sx2/ 50'sx10

    Hammer Curls- 5 sets 35'sx5/ 50'sx10/ 60'sx5/ 50'sx5/ 35'sx15

    Pulldowns- 5 sets 105x15/ 120x15/ 150x15/ 120x15/ 120x15

    Wide grip BW Pull ups- 5 sets 5/5/5/5/5

    Preacher Curl machine- 5 sets 50x15/ 50x15/ 50x15/ 40x15/ 40x15

    Cable crossover machine Pulldowns- 4 sets 75'sx15/ 90'x15/ 105'sx15/ 120x6

    Cable flex curls 4 sets- 45'sx15/ 30'sx10/ 30'sx10/ 30'sx10

    Forearm circuit 12 sets

    Knee ups- 4 sets 25/25/25/25reps

    Cardio

    Swimming- 20 laps

    Sauna 10 min


    Thoughts
    Dropped some water weight, felt a little weak during my workout but I don't think that has anything to do with the diet, I feel I over did it with caffeine(1/2scoop of Meso and 2 scoops of N.O Ignite). I cut the Creatine Mono out starting today and 3 more days left of Meso. The caffeine break is going to kill me!!!

    Had a pretty good workout but I did feel a little burnt out by too much stims. Didn't do back therapy workout today because lower back was sore. Tomorrow is my rest day but may do something, thursday will be kickboxing.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  16. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235092
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    In.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  17. Senior Member
    Orangatang's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    1205
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    50.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Hit it JD! After reading Kleens bangin thread and investigating website im interested to hear your opinions of this IF deal. I'm considering rolling into Paleo IF during PCT for this cycle im on
  18. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    In.
    Thanks for joining in!

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
    Hit it JD! After reading Kleens bangin thread and investigating website im interested to hear your opinions of this IF deal. I'm considering rolling into Paleo IF during PCT for this cycle im on
    Thanks for the support!
    This diet is perfect for this next month since Im really focusing on weights and cardio until my back is 100%, can't wait to get real lean


    Drinking on my Xtend drink right now and I must say Im feeling pretty hungry lol
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  19. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,967
    Rep Power
    123678
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    5.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Thanks for joining in!



    Thanks for the support!
    This diet is perfect for this next month since Im really focusing on weights and cardio until my back is 100%, can't wait to get real lean


    Drinking on my Xtend drink right now and I must say Im feeling pretty hungry lol
    Xtend is good stuff man. What flavor?
    Celtic Labs Rep
  20. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,993
    Rep Power
    4684006
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    51.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
    Hit it JD! After reading Kleens bangin thread and investigating website im interested to hear your opinions of this IF deal. I'm considering rolling into Paleo IF during PCT for this cycle im on
    If doing PCT then I would start IF now just to get your body used to it. Also make sure you are eating big enough not to lose your weight. As cool as IF is it only loosens the rules a bit as far as caloricly dense food choices, and fits better for some of our eating patterns. I would NOT try to lean up during your PCT whatsoever, or you could lose a lot of muscle and that goes with any style of eating. Find your Maintenance cals and then work off of a Recomp strategy like listed in the Lean Gains pdf. The link to that is now in the 2nd post of the Lean Gains thread if you have not read it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Thanks for joining in!



    Thanks for the support!
    This diet is perfect for this next month since Im really focusing on weights and cardio until my back is 100%, can't wait to get real lean


    Drinking on my Xtend drink right now and I must say Im feeling pretty hungry lol
    Oh yeah hunger is fun the first 3-5 days. I was good to go after 2-3 but it seems others have hunger that is more persistant. However the effects of Ghrelin seem to be about 20 minutes, Ghrelin is the hormone released to make you hungry at your normal feeding times. Once the Ghrelin runs it's course the hunger goes away for a few hours until the Ghrelin is released again. However Ghrelin follows a pattern and will adapt to your new eating structure and then you will just find yourself very hungry coming up on the normal time you break your fast. Although the more often I fast the easier it is to extend it well into the afternoon on my non training days. Like today I don't have any training other than my walk I take at lunch. I will more than likely take my walk about 1 and then eat my big meal around 3:00 when my normal meal is around noon. Just depends on how hungry I get. If famished about 11:00 and it doesn't go away I will leave for my walk around 11:30 and eat around 1:00. Although I tend to shorten my eating windows to about 6 hours instead of 8, so long as I am getting in the calories I need for the day I don't see it of much consequence. 2700 calories in a short time frame is going to take longer to digest than the 4-6-or even 8 hour feeding window regardless so it is not a big deal to me. The big deal to me is that I fast at least 16 hours.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,868
    Rep Power
    778115
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    If doing PCT then I would start IF now just to get your body used to it. Also make sure you are eating big enough not to lose your weight. As cool as IF is it only loosens the rules a bit as far as caloricly dense food choices, and fits better for some of our eating patterns. I would NOT try to lean up during your PCT whatsoever, or you could lose a lot of muscle and that goes with any style of eating. Find your Maintenance cals and then work off of a Recomp strategy like listed in the Lean Gains pdf. The link to that is now in the 2nd post of the Lean Gains thread if you have not read it yet.
    Yeah, its definitely a bit of a drag if you have moderately high maintenance (like 3000) to do paleo as IF and not be forced to eat half a jar of peanut butter a day to make calories. Of course the problem with doing that is that you have to be cautious as to actually measuring the pb, as its soooo easy to be off by a few hundred calories either way. I found it near impossible to maintain even on paleo without taking in a bunch of nuts + nut butter. With breakfast (not doing IF ) being 6 eggs, 2 bannanas, 2 apples it still only came to around 800 calories and I was pretty well stuffed from all the fiber in the fruit.
  22. New Member
    believer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    329
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    49.58%

    Not to be nit-picking but I think you've got the AM/PM wrong on your diet posts. It reads as though your fast is only 3 hours.....unless I'm off my nut.
    If you think you can or you can't, you're right!

    I think therefore I can!
  23. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by believer View Post
    Not to be nit-picking but I think you've got the AM/PM wrong on your diet posts. It reads as though your fast is only 3 hours.....unless I'm off my nut.
    Yeah, his 12PM is actually 12AM...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  24. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Yeah, its definitely a bit of a drag if you have moderately high maintenance (like 3000) to do paleo as IF and not be forced to eat half a jar of peanut butter a day to make calories. Of course the problem with doing that is that you have to be cautious as to actually measuring the pb, as its soooo easy to be off by a few hundred calories either way. I found it near impossible to maintain even on paleo without taking in a bunch of nuts + nut butter. With breakfast (not doing IF ) being 6 eggs, 2 bannanas, 2 apples it still only came to around 800 calories and I was pretty well stuffed from all the fiber in the fruit.
    Yes! I would go through a lb of PB in 4 days not measuring and just eating it with a spoon. Now I just eat it out of a tablespoon!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  25. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Xtend is good stuff man. What flavor?
    Blue Raspberry


    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Oh yeah hunger is fun the first 3-5 days. I was good to go after 2-3 but it seems others have hunger that is more persistant. However the effects of Ghrelin seem to be about 20 minutes, Ghrelin is the hormone released to make you hungry at your normal feeding times. Once the Ghrelin runs it's course the hunger goes away for a few hours until the Ghrelin is released again. However Ghrelin follows a pattern and will adapt to your new eating structure and then you will just find yourself very hungry coming up on the normal time you break your fast. Although the more often I fast the easier it is to extend it well into the afternoon on my non training days. Like today I don't have any training other than my walk I take at lunch. I will more than likely take my walk about 1 and then eat my big meal around 3:00 when my normal meal is around noon. Just depends on how hungry I get. If famished about 11:00 and it doesn't go away I will leave for my walk around 11:30 and eat around 1:00. Although I tend to shorten my eating windows to about 6 hours instead of 8, so long as I am getting in the calories I need for the day I don't see it of much consequence. 2700 calories in a short time frame is going to take longer to digest than the 4-6-or even 8 hour feeding window regardless so it is not a big deal to me. The big deal to me is that I fast at least 16 hours.
    I've had worse tho, that post-workout meal helps a lot more then 5-6 small meals.


    Quote Originally Posted by believer View Post
    Not to be nit-picking but I think you've got the AM/PM wrong on your diet posts. It reads as though your fast is only 3 hours.....unless I'm off my nut.
    Yup my bad ment 12am-3pm 15 hours, was short 1 hour.


    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Yeah, his 12PM is actually 12AM...
    my bad lol/ fixed it
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  26. Professional Member
    packers6211's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,976
    Rep Power
    1486120
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    80.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    In as always brother and yeah 1 scoop of Meso is all I can handle too lol. That stuff is unreal and I see it's on sale now too!!!
  27. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,993
    Rep Power
    4684006
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    51.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Yeah I would pick some meso up but I am broke as a joke right now and of course it is on sale... Enjoying WYKED right now but would love to compare them.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  28. New Member
    kyoryoko's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    57.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
    Hit it JD! After reading Kleens bangin thread and investigating website im interested to hear your opinions of this IF deal. I'm considering rolling into Paleo IF during PCT for this cycle im on

    I'm actually doing this diet now, though not on PCT and I must say I feel great on it.

    I just really have to keep my workouts in the "strength" area and my conditioning around 2-3 times a week, not more than 30 mins each.

    though my only non veggie carb comes from a half a sweet potato after strength days.
  29. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    In as always brother and yeah 1 scoop of Meso is all I can handle too lol. That stuff is unreal and I see it's on sale now too!!!
    Thanks for joining in brotha
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  30. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Day 3

    Morning weight- 187.4lbs -4.4 pounds

    LeanGains Diet
    3 PM: Hamburger Pita/ Fruit smoothie + 1/2 scoop of Meso and 3 caps of Super Cissus
    9 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake
    11 PM: Chicken pita + 3 caps of Super Cissus
    2 AM-4AM: 3 scoops of Xtend
    Fasted state- 11pm-3pm(16 hours)

    Rest Day!


    Thoughts
    Rest Day so no training, but kept busy all day. Love me some Mesomorph for everyday energy! Tomorrow is kickboxing and plan on getting a good back rehab workout in as well, going to try some new things that will hopefully strengthen my lower back.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  31. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    On your off days are you keeping cals 20% below maintenance?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  32. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    On your off days are you keeping cals 20% below maintenance?
    About that, getting around 2000-2300 cals on off days and 1800-2000 on workout days.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  33. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,608
    Rep Power
    83752
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    57.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    sorry i'm late Tommy.

    i need to read further into the diet!
  34. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    sorry i'm late Tommy.

    i need to read further into the diet!
    Great to see ya hear bro!

    The diet is very interesting, it's too late to tell anything yet, hopefully in the next couple weeks I lean out more, after looking at my pics I feel very out of shape compared to my pics before I went through all these injuries with my lower back and ankle.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  35. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    About that, getting around 2000-2300 cals on off days and 1800-2000 on workout days.
    Dude, that's backwards! You're supposed to eat 20% ABOVE maintenance on workout days and 20% BELOW on off days...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  36. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,993
    Rep Power
    4684006
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    51.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I am thinking he mistyped that. If not it is an easy adjustment.

    JD I went through the same thing. I was a bit sloppy after my surgery in January. It was very frustrating. I have been working towards recomp this whole time since I lost a good bit of muscle so I haven't shredded up yet but I look WAY better than I did.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  37. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Dude, that's backwards! You're supposed to eat 20% ABOVE maintenance on workout days and 20% BELOW on off days...
    I didn't think it would really matter too much as long as I got the 16 hour fast, but I'll try it that way then. Good I can have a Chicken Pita tonight now lol, I think you made my day, I wasn't looking forward to just Chicken and Cottage cheese lol
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  38. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I am thinking he mistyped that. If not it is an easy adjustment.

    JD I went through the same thing. I was a bit sloppy after my surgery in January. It was very frustrating. I have been working towards recomp this whole time since I lost a good bit of muscle so I haven't shredded up yet but I look WAY better than I did.

    No thats what I've been doing for the last 3 days, but I'll switch it around.

    Damn surgery sucks, what did you get surgery on? I'm supposed to get surgery on my ankle because I completely torn 2 out of 3 ligaments in my ankle on the left foot on the left side in the middle. But they have already made me wait 7 months and going to prob make me wait another 4 months so I don't think it's worth it at this point in time, It's not as painful anymore and I'm getting around it fine. I'll see how running treats it next week when I pick up a new pair of shoes.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  39. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,330
    Rep Power
    3609260
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Day 4
    Starting weight- 191.8lbs
    Morning weight- 187.4lbs -4.6 pounds


    LeanGains Diet
    3 PM: Oatmeal + low carb protein shake(mixed with 250ml of Skim milk)
    5:45 PM: Pre-workout(1 scoop of Meso + 1 cap of Pro Xanthine 500-XT+4 caps of Super Cissus)
    6:30 PM: Kickboxing (2 hours and 30min)
    10 PM: Extra lean hamburger on multigrain buns & Fruit smoothie, skim milk(tons of water)
    12 AM: Chicken Pita
    2:30 AM: 3 scoops of Xtend
    Fasted state- 12AM-3pm(1 Hour short)


    Thursday, May 12th 2011 Workout

    Before workout weight- 190.2lbs

    Boxing workout
    Stetch
    Back warm up and exercises
    100 jumping jacks
    100 shuffle jacks
    100 punching out
    100 punching up

    Shadow boxing 5x3min rounds

    Heavy bag 5x3min rounds

    Combos on heavybag + agility drills 10x3min rounds

    Sprint Skipping 10x1min rounds

    Abs 100 reps
    Superman 5sec holdsx10
    Stretch

    Post-Workout Weight- 182.2lbs


    Thoughts
    Well I liked the 1 scoop of Mesomorph+1 cap of Pro Xanthine 500-XT combo better then the Meso/N.O Ignite combo. Energy was awesome.
    Had a killer workout, pushed myself hard from the get go, super aggressive every round, my endurance felt twice as better as last week, Im getting my speed and slick technique back, really worked on angles with combos and pivots, power felt good, couldn't have asked for a better workout, sweat like crazy, the heater was on full blast so it was hot! Lost 8 pounds during the workout!


    LeanGain Diet thoughts- Can't comment too much on this yet but I am looking a bit leaner!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  40. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Lean Gains is taking over AM.
    NSCA - CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Which to believe? Quest Ultra E2 or Standard Quest E2?
    By pcgizzmo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. LeanGains Cycle
    By ssbackwards in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 06:41 PM
  3. LeanGains Diet Plan and Questions
    By T50 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 06:24 AM
  4. lab quest
    By engival in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in