Getting Wyked lean for summer (sponsored log)

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty everybody, it's that magical time in a young man's life when he gets to test out and log a new product!

Ill be logging Taurus Nutrition's new Pre-workout "Wyked". All opinions of this product are from me, without any bias.

Some stats for me:
Age - 22
sex - yes please (im a dude)
Workout history - 5 years training
Supplement History - numerous creatines, preworkouts, and a couple of PH/DS cycles that yielded great gains.
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 206lbs

Goal: To lean out for summer and get more abdominal definition while maintaining my strength and adding lean mass.

Current Supplements being taken: Creatine Nitrate, Fish oil, Multivitamin, Vitamin C, and SARM S4.

LETS DO THIS!!!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

Scale from 1 -10, with 10 being perfect.

Taste: 10 Goes without saying, this was an amazingly tasty product.

Endurance: 8 Kept me hitting the weights at full speed my entire workout. From Beginning to end it was all go go go!

Pump: 7 I had decent pumps on this product but it was not out of this world skin bursting kind of pumps. The only product i would give a 10 to in the pump category would be a ph/ds or AAS, so that is what im comparing this to so a 7 is not bad by any means!

Energy: 9 This product got me amped up to go to the gym, but not jittery. I know everyone says it, but it was nice "clean" feeling energy.

Focus: 9 I was really zoned in and ready to workout the entire time.

Strength
: 8 Considering I am trying to slim down and get leaner, i believe this really helped me keep my strength high. I also think the DAA in this upped my test levels because my face was constantly oily after about the first week and a half on it plus acne on my back.

Personal Observations: my sex drive was way up.

Overall : This was a terrific product and i would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great preworkout product. It definitely helped me stay on track to achieve my goals. i will be purchasing more Wyked after a few weeks off of stims and DAA.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alrighty everybody, it's that magical time in a young man's life when he gets to test out and log a new product!

. . .

Goal: To lean out for summer and get more abdominal definition while maintaining my strength and adding lean mass.
Observing the fun times :party:

Just remember that your NUTRITION is the most important factor for a successful recomp!

~Rosie~

OafMister

Awards
Subbd big dog :)

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
merci Rosie, its nice to see ya following along! and might i say, you are a knockout :) Yeah, i have been trying to nail down my nutrition the past few weeks. Luckily i dont mind eating healthy. I rarely get a sweet tooth. Its just sometimes i eat a large amount of healthy stuff lol and the calories add up.

thanks oaf!

ill try to get up some pics this weekend. i know its not needed, but it really helps me stay focused when i know other people can judge how i look and give honest feedback. my gf will always say i look great lol, so its nice to hear stuff not sugar coated.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
merci Rosie, its nice to see ya following along! and might i say, you are a knockout :) Yeah, i have been trying to nail down my nutrition the past few weeks. Luckily i dont mind eating healthy. I rarely get a sweet tooth. Its just sometimes i eat a large amount of healthy stuff lol and the calories add up.
No worries, and thanks :) That's good. There's nothing wrong with the calories adding up (I of all people know about that, LOL) - if you have such a tendency, then might I recommend calorie cycling (if you're not already), having several days above Maintenance and several below Maintenance (and it's the best nutritional method for recomp as well, IMO).

~Rosie~

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed in bro. Lets get that six pack up in here!!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info rosie, that's actually what im doing today. trying to stay right around 1900 - 2000 cals. gonna try to keep that til saturday (its pool day lol, yes im that vain). Then try to hit around 2800-3000 on saturday and sunday.

thanks fellas! hope i dont let ya'll down.

Day 1 on Wyked

took 2 scoops (yeah, i couldnt help myself lol)

Taste: Nothing short of amazing. it really did taste just like lemonade. really tasty lemonade. not too tart or sweet, but just right.
Energy: I know a lot of people say it, but this gave a very "clean" energy. i kept getting more amped to lift from about 20min after taking it til the end of the workout.
Focus: This is where it really shined for me. sometimes i get sidetracked while lifting and take too long of breaks between sets, but this kept me wanting to lift weights back to back.
Mixability: It mixed very well, no grit whatsoever, but there were those little black flakes on top, but i couldnt feel them while drinking it, so thats all good.

Legs - i killed it lol. at least i think so.

BB Squats Supersetted with DB Shoulder Press
135 x 10 x 2 40 x 10 (standing)
225 x 10 x 2 50 x 12
275 x 9 45 x 12
275 x 10 (really let out an unnatural grunt on this one lol)

Smith Machine Squats Supersetted with Plate Front Raises
225 x failure 35 x 10
135 x failure 45 x 10

Seated Calf Raises Supersetted with Straight leg dead lifts
180 x 18 x 4 185 x 12 x 4

Leg Extensions Supersetted with Leg Curls
180 x 12 170 x 10
200 x 10 x 2 190 x 10 x 2

BB Front Squats
155 x 10 x 3

did 20 min worth of cardio too! and abs. wyked kept me going the whole time!!! i think im really going to enjoy this run.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
if there is anything else i need to describe about Wyked please let me know, i feel like i hit the highlights.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if there is anything else i need to describe about Wyked please let me know, i feel like i hit the highlights.
just don't forget to mention when you start leaping tall buildings at a single bound.:veryhappy:

just kidding, looks like you have it covered, nice job.:bigok:

OafMister

Awards
Sounds good mang! Nice numbers too!

Taurus Nut.

Board Sponsor
Awards
As I said, the flakes are the bitter orange, the encaspulated synephrine drops into solution and the extra material (the other 80%) just sort of sits there. They should have dispersed in the mix though instead of just being on top.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
its no big deal, it didnt affect taste or texture at all. and yes, some did disperse a bit, but a fair amount was on top.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Directed toward Taurus reps or Eric himself, how many grams of aminos are in this over all per scoop? I do Intermittent fasting and take aminos and need to stay under 50 cals at a time before noon. How many aminos are in this per scoop so I know how much extra to add to my Wyked pre-workout. I don't want to go over my target or be grossly under it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Directed toward Taurus reps or Eric himself, how many grams of aminos are in this over all per scoop? I do Intermittent fasting and take aminos and need to stay under 50 cals at a time before noon. How many aminos are in this per scoop so I know how much extra to add to my Wyked pre-workout. I don't want to go over my target or be grossly under it.
The only thing about the prop blend that was made public is there is 1 gram creatine mono / serving.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The only thing about the prop blend that was made public is there is 1 gram creatine mono / serving.
Okay, can someone pm me the info, the amino content shouldn't be too big of a deal. I imagine knowing the reason why I want to know Eric wouldn't mind me being told. Of course check with him, but we used to be able to find out this info from him on other occasions when asked.

Actually I will just PM myself him and ask. That way no one else has to ask it is my question anyway...

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
DAY 2

Arm Day

2 scoops of Wyked

Energy: still very good energy. i kept going the whole time at full force. i was knocking out abs like a mad man at the very end of my workout. and burned up 180 cals on the elliptical in 10 min. i was haulin azz
Focus: again, this is where Wyked seems to shine. I didn't wanna talk or chit chat with my workout partner, just wanted to lift.
Pump: I got a much better pump today, then again i rarely get leg pumps lol. My arms felt huge and stayed tight the entire time.
Strength: Im still able to knock out the 45lb DBs on standing culrs with relative ease for 10 reps. Loving how this makes me feel.
vascularity: my veins were absolutley gorged with blood! Looked like i had a roadmap on my forarms while doing curls and the bicep vein was really popping out.

Like i said, it was a great workout and didn't feel tired at all. i just kept wanting to lift weights, but my roommate had to stop me from overdoing it. got 4 exercises on both biceps and triceps, 4 sets each. Can't wait to do a shoulder workout with Wyked!! I'm expecting some intense shoulder pumps.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
with the daa and creatine results will get even better.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
im also taking creatine nitrate, so that plus the creatine monohydrate, plus DAA.... yeahhhh buddy. looking forward to a great few weeks

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im also taking creatine nitrate, so that plus the creatine monohydrate, plus DAA.... yeahhhh buddy. looking forward to a great few weeks
That sounds nice bro!! Keep killing it laser and get lean and mean!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed bud!

Looking great thus far..

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
thanks man! i really need some motivation / support right now because i am soooo hungry. this whole waiting to eat between 12 and 8 is tough! plus, they are selling burritos and biscuits with sausage gravy right out in the main hallway of where i work..... its so tempting.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks man! i really need some motivation / support right now because i am soooo hungry. this whole waiting to eat between 12 and 8 is tough! plus, they are selling burritos and biscuits with sausage gravy right out in the main hallway of where i work..... its so tempting.
Don't do it!!!!!!! Damn the awesome tasting Mexican food!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
im a sucker for burritos. i used to work at Moe's southwest grill (a burrito place) and i had a burrito everyday for nearly 2 years.

as for sausage gravy biscuits... dear lord. my fat kid inside is screaming to get some. must... hold... out...

on a side note, anyone have any suggestions for my workout? anyone actually care to see the numbers, or is that just wasted typing on my part? i log all my workouts in a little notepad anyways, but if it helps anyone else out ill keep doing it. If not, then ill just update this after every workout and tell ya'll how the workout went, effects from Wyked, strength/ endurance increases, etc.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Gotta keep that willpower strong man. I understand completely what you are going through. I am about an hour and a half before my fast breaking meal and I'm ready to tear some food up, but it will make it all the better when I do eat!!:food:

OafMister

Awards
lol so hard at the fat kid inside comment, but ya man honestly just think how much more satsifying itll be when your shredded with a six pack... alot more satisfying then eatin the junk n feeling bloated after....Fock the biscuits n burritos you dont need em!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
whew, i held out til 12. and managed to scarf down the entire club sandwhich i made in 3 minutes. i do kind of like being really hungry, because it makes whatever you do eat taste that much better. also, i replaced mayo with mustard on both sides of my sammich so that saved me a few hundred calories.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris your best bet would be to message Eric directly and ask him. Im sure he will let you know the amino amounts as he has answered ingredient related questions before and in the past he has always been open with the forum members, BTW I havent seen this 50 calorie limit on the IF site. Mind sending me a link via PM?

Are you doing the fasted diet as well?

im a sucker for burritos. i used to work at Moe's southwest grill (a burrito place) and i had a burrito everyday for nearly 2 years.

as for sausage gravy biscuits... dear lord. my fat kid inside is screaming to get some. must... hold... out...

on a side note, anyone have any suggestions for my workout? anyone actually care to see the numbers, or is that just wasted typing on my part? i log all my workouts in a little notepad anyways, but if it helps anyone else out ill keep doing it. If not, then ill just update this after every workout and tell ya'll how the workout went, effects from Wyked, strength/ endurance increases, etc.
Definetely not a waste of time, I enjoying seeing other progress and hit new PRs, it actually helps motivate me to strive for higher numbers

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chris your best bet would be to message Eric directly and ask him. Im sure he will let you know the amino amounts as he has answered ingredient related questions before and in the past he has always been open with the forum members, BTW I havent seen this 50 calorie limit on the IF site. Mind sending me a link via PM?
Unfortunately I can not remember what blog entry it was in he explains that anything less than 50 calories will not bring you out of a fasted state hormonally. I believe it is somewhere he mentions taking in 10 grams of aminos during the fasting part but I can't remember the post I have read so many of them at this point. And as you know the site is kept cryptic so he can keep making his coin until the book drops.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
No need to worry about the aminos, it won't affect your fasting in that way.. it's your carbs that needs to be under 50g during the fasting.. It's ok to eat quark, yoghurt, drink a whey protein shake even on the fasting/undereating period..

I don't know about the site, but I know the books...

You are your own best judge, just test and see.. You'll notice if you get a spike or energycrash from it..

Edit:

If you're talking about the Swede Martin Berkhan's site, Leang****.com, then I have no clue.. I'm follwing Ori Hofmeklers Warrior Diet...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No need to worry about the aminos, it won't affect your fasting in that way.. it's your carbs that needs to be under 50g during the fasting.. It's ok to eat quark, yoghurt, drink a whey protein shake even on the fasting/undereating period..

I don't know about the site, but I know the books...

You are your own best judge, just test and see.. You'll notice if you get a spike or energycrash from it..

Edit:

If you're talking about the Swede Martin Berkhan's site, Leang****.com, then I have no clue.. I'm follwing Ori Hofmeklers Warrior Diet...
Yes Lean Gains is what I am referring too. Hoffmekler's isn't really a fasting period so much as a caloric deprivation period from what I have read and what you explain above. Although they are similar in many ways. Hofmekler allows for 4 hour overfeeding window, and is kind of an eat until your body tells you to stop eating deal. Lean Gains depending on the goal does have some caloric guidelines to follow, and allows you 8 hours to get the needed amount in, and is designed more with body building in mind. Hofmekler's is not about actually gaining muscle for people in body building. It really works well at maintaining it during weight loss or will increase it for many lay persons. I plan on testing it out at a later date perhaps. However right now the Lean Gains approach is working amazingly for me. I am putting on LBM and stripping off fat.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
yeah im TRYING to do the fasted diet, but its more of a modified version. (that means im not as strict as kleen and rick).

Day 3

Shoulders

took 2.5 scoops of Wyked because im pressed for time and have to go to the gym after not eating for about 4.5 hours. My cousin came in from Alabama because they dont have power after the massive tornado that hit the other night.

I felt AMAZING for not having eaten for a while. Again, the focus from Wyked is great. I wouldn't say that it out performs other PWO that i have taken, but it is definitely on par with them.

The pump i got was TERRIFIC! My shoulders looked like cannon balls they were so pumped! Also, my vascularity is off the charts (compared to what i was/ have been). While doing shrugs my veins were crazy.

DB shoulder press
70 x 10
80 x 8 x 2
65 x 15

BB Front Raises
40 x 12 x 2
50 x 10 x 3

Rear Delt (using pec deck)
110 x 15
120 x 10 x 3

DB Lateral Raises
20 x 12 x 2
25 x 10 x 2

DB Shrugs
80 x 15
90 x 15
100 x 10 x 2
65 x failure

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good thing it isn't bacon, lol.:food:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout laser. And you don't really have to be that strict on the lean gains diet man. That's the glory of it. You still want to make sure your macro ratios and calories are where you want them, but I eat a lot of things I wouldn't normally eat when cutting on my weight training days. My cardio days are still kept fairly strict on carbs and Cal's but the lifting days are pretty lenient. Hell I had pizza tonight!! :food:

OafMister

Awards
when you thinkin of postin some pics up broski? end of week one? ....Nice numbers on those lifts too big dog

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
yeah man, tomorrow since im back at my parents place and they have a digital camera. im stuck in the 90s dude and have no cam lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah man, tomorrow since im back at my parents place and they have a digital camera. im stuck in the 90s dude and have no cam lol.
don't get me started-nixon was president when i was your age, lol.:wow:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes Lean Gains is what I am referring too. Hoffmekler's isn't really a fasting period so much as a caloric deprivation period from what I have read and what you explain above. Although they are similar in many ways. Hofmekler allows for 4 hour overfeeding window, and is kind of an eat until your body tells you to stop eating deal. Lean Gains depending on the goal does have some caloric guidelines to follow, and allows you 8 hours to get the needed amount in, and is designed more with body building in mind. Hofmekler's is not about actually gaining muscle for people in body building. It really works well at maintaining it during weight loss or will increase it for many lay persons. I plan on testing it out at a later date perhaps. However right now the Lean Gains approach is working amazingly for me. I am putting on LBM and stripping off fat.
I dont know if it is addressed in the warrior diet book but in maximum muscle minimum fat he has a chapter on gaining muscle.

I am searching the LeanGains site for that 50 calorie think now. I am real interested in his reasoning behind that

Anyway back to your amino intake I really doubt aminos will break a fasted state, I dont know what his goals are for the IF version but for warrior diet it is to activate cAMP during the fasted period and I dont think BCAAs will inhibit this.

In regards to the calorie content of BCAAs, yes they do contain calories but it isn't in the same sense as food, re 50kcals from whey isn't the same as 50kcals from aminos. Remember a calorie is a unit of energy and not necessarily a measurement of food.

So while BCAAs do hold an energy value (calories) which is similar to protein (4kcal/g) they are metabolized within muscles. This is different then if aminos are being produced by the liver which would make the energy available to the whole body. When you are taking BCAAs they go straight to your muscles and then if your body needs energy it will go through the steps of either getting it from your muscle or from you stored body fat.

By fasting you are activating cAMP which will in turn activate enzymes that are responsible for protein synthesis and energy production, this results in the break down of glycogen reserves in the liver and induces lipolysis in fat cells

So BCAAs will go straight to your muscles when consumed and then your body will have a choice of muscle or fat for energy but through fasting you activated cAMP which activated lipolysis for its energy production so most likely the BCAAs will stay in your muscle and your energy will come from the fat stores IMO

At least this is my understanding of it :dunno: either way shoot Eric a PM I am sure he will get that info to ya bud

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
picture time! so this was taken just a few hours ago. im at 206.1lbs according to the scale. try not to criticize too much.
before: (right after my SD/epi cycle)

After: 6 weeks later

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You look a lot leaner in that pic than the last ones you took man. Nice job and keep up the good work!!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
thanks man. im pretty happy so far, but still got a long way to go.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i took saturday and sunday off from lifting, but i still took 1 scoop of Wyked in the morning. i must say, it had me looking pretty good for the pool on saturday afternoon. can't wait to get back in the gym and throw some more weight around today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i took saturday and sunday off from lifting, but i still took 1 scoop of Wyked in the morning. i must say, it had me looking pretty good for the pool on saturday afternoon. can't wait to get back in the gym and throw some more weight around today.
hit it hard!

OafMister

Awards
Damn bro good progress on the pics! Look alot leaner and solid/less puffy if ya know what i mean. Keep up the good work! :bigok: