50 Days of X-Factor Advanced: A Log by Resolve

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. Registered User
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,550
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Had a crappy couple of workouts over the past few days. I won't bore you with the details, but my strength was just not on par.

    Missed 505 on 4" Def Deads twice, and the next day barely got out a double with 295 on floor press.

    It's my research. I have a very important exam coming up in a few weeks and preparing for it is taking all my time and generating an unprecedented amount of stress. I've begun having trouble sleeping due to it as well.

    I'll get through this, it's just another hoop I have to jump through, but until it's done, my athletic performance is probably going to suffer a bit.
    Try adding in an extra day of recovery on your body parts. Stress slows down recovery, you may be able to get better lifts with an extra day of rest between the times you are working out.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html

  2. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    Thanks guys. I'm in battle mode right now. Plowing through the facts!

    Also: Sri-Racha sauce plus parmesan cheese makes plain chicken breast heavenly!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm in battle mode right now. Plowing through the facts!

    Also: Sri-Racha sauce plus parmesan cheese makes plain chicken breast heavenly!
    i love that hot sauce, its amazing as it tastes good on anything!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Love me some Sri Racha.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    fitcopforlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    278
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    i love that hot sauce, its amazing as it tastes good on anything!
    Me too, it's kind of like ketchup it makes anything bland taste pretty good
  6. Registered User
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    i love that hot sauce, its amazing as it tastes good on anything!


    I found that stuff 10 years ago, had to go looking for it in an Asian market after it was on the table in a restaurant. I'm wandering through the place, taller than EVERYTHING, looking for a rooster bottle. It has been called 'kok sauce' ever since.
  7. Registered User
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,550
    Answers
    1


    Love some Sri Lanka sauce, and I have called it Kock Sauce for quite a while too.

    So what is the weight looking like right now are you still able to hold on to or keep making slow gains?

    HappY Easter by the way!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1

    Talking


    if we could just have one MN log without Rob mentioning his kawk sauce...
  9. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    Taking the weekend off - too much studying!

    Happy Easter Y'all; Sri Racha plus deviled eggs FTW
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Taking the weekend off - too much studying!

    Happy Easter Y'all; Sri Racha plus deviled eggs FTW
    man, i must have had twenty deviled eggs today haha, gotta love holidays!

    Good luck with finals, I'll be swamped this week too
  11. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    Finished off the second bottle today, final review will come tomorrow!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  12. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Are you really 264 with abs right now Nick? That's unreal.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Are you really 264 with abs right now Nick? That's unreal.
    248 as of this morning, and yesterday was a fasting day so I always come in pretty light after those.

    But on lifting days, yeah, I can typically weigh in at the upper 250s lower 260s.

    Weight fluctuates a LOT on this kind of diet, but I've gained a good 4lb on XFA without increasing cals at all.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Finished off the second bottle today, final review will come tomorrow!
    I'm excited to hear your thoughts!
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    248 as of this morning, and yesterday was a fasting day so I always come in pretty light after those.

    But on lifting days, yeah, I can typically weigh in at the upper 250s lower 260s.

    Weight fluctuates a LOT on this kind of diet, but I've gained a good 4lb on XFA without increasing cals at all.
    Wow, great gains with XFA but also your weight with visible abs is damn impressive! Congrats on obtaining so much muscle!
  16. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    Wow, great gains with XFA but also your weight with visible abs is damn impressive! Congrats on obtaining so much muscle!
    Thanks! With the exception of 1 Epi cycle that I used to try and get rid of some pubertal gyno (you can see my chest is still a bit uneven in the pics I posted up a few weeks back), I haven't used anabolics.

    That will likely change, though.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  17. Registered User
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,550
    Answers
    1


    Man this stuff has my attention.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Man this stuff has my attention.
    glad to hear it brother! the word is getting out!
  19. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    Final Review:

    Beginning Weight: 242
    Ending Weight: 248.5
    -- All weights taken following approximately 24hr fasting --

    No change to my daily intake, making for an impressive 6.5 gained.

    Strength:
    Floor Press (Initial): 285x3
    Floor Press (Final): 315x3

    No increase in squat or dead, but also saw large increases in my push press.

    I dosed at 8 caps per day on lifting days (4 before each workout), and 5 on recovery days.

    Other Effects:
    For the first couple of weeks I noticed definite anti-anxiety, mood elevating effects. This subsided with continued use, so that by the end of the run, I could no longer "feel" that I was on anything. I did not note any increased "muscle fullness" or pump that other users have related beyond the initial week or so. Weight gain could possibly be due to edema, as I seem to be holding water from XFA. Whether or not these gains are LBM or just water will be seen with the passage of time.

    I did not see the 40% increase in strength that the package claimed to elicit. I do not know what the conditions of the clinical study were, though, so it could have easily been performed on an untrained population or subjects differing from me in some other capacity.

    Also, the lack of strength increases in my squat and dead could be due to the large amounts of stress that I'm currently enduring due to my academic research.

    Whatever the case, I thoroughly enjoyed using XFA, my bench went up significantly and I gained what appears to be 6.5lb. I wouldn't sing its praises from the rooftops, but I now have a solid respect for this product.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  20. Registered User
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,550
    Answers
    1


    Resolve coming from you that says a lot you are one of my most trusted guys on here. I will be seeing about giving it a shot some time in the future.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  21. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Nice review
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Final Review:

    Beginning Weight: 242
    Ending Weight: 248.5
    -- All weights taken following approximately 24hr fasting --

    No change to my daily intake, making for an impressive 6.5 gained.

    Strength:
    Floor Press (Initial): 285x3
    Floor Press (Final): 315x3

    No increase in squat or dead, but also saw large increases in my push press.

    I dosed at 8 caps per day on lifting days (4 before each workout), and 5 on recovery days.

    Other Effects:
    For the first couple of weeks I noticed definite anti-anxiety, mood elevating effects. This subsided with continued use, so that by the end of the run, I could no longer "feel" that I was on anything. I did not note any increased "muscle fullness" or pump that other users have related beyond the initial week or so. Weight gain could possibly be due to edema, as I seem to be holding water from XFA. Whether or not these gains are LBM or just water will be seen with the passage of time.

    I did not see the 40% increase in strength that the package claimed to elicit. I do not know what the conditions of the clinical study were, though, so it could have easily been performed on an untrained population or subjects differing from me in some other capacity.

    Also, the lack of strength increases in my squat and dead could be due to the large amounts of stress that I'm currently enduring due to my academic research.

    Whatever the case, I thoroughly enjoyed using XFA, my bench went up significantly and I gained what appears to be 6.5lb. I wouldn't sing its praises from the rooftops, but I now have a solid respect for this product.
    Terrific review, the number of ArA believers seems to grow every day, it only took 8 years lol

    Seriously though, XFA has stood the test of time, and I really appreciate the excellent log that you kept, congrats on the new gains!
  23. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    Terrific review, the number of ArA believers seems to grow every day, it only took 8 years lol

    Seriously though, XFA has stood the test of time, and I really appreciate the excellent log that you kept, congrats on the new gains!
    It really has been my pleasure, and in retrospect, I could've done a much better job in here if I had waited to log XFA until after my qualifying exam, so my life would be a bit more "normal" and I could've dedicated a bit more detail to this thing.

    I try to be objective in my reviews, because I too often see rave reviews for things that you can just tell are awful, simply by the formula. I prefer to let the results speak for themselves. And here, they really did.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  24. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for running such a detailed log Nick. Helps to see a log from such a trusted member.
  25. Registered User
    thundergod's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,030
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Thanks for running such a detailed log Nick. Helps to see a log from such a trusted member.
    X2. What Sir ThomasHawk said. I completely agree. Utterly.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

    "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  26. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    I just bought two bottles of X-factor
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I just bought two bottles of X-factor
    Excellent, thanks for the support Volcom and we cant wait to hear how you like it!
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,134
    Answers
    1


    Hopefully this log can get some hype going here at AM, I dont see much MN love at this forum.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. X Factor Advanced question
    By mike3107 in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
  2. X-Factor advanced
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 02:26 AM
  3. X-Factor Advanced and AI's Perform..
    By tbarrows in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 10:48 PM
  4. X-factor Advanced??? anyone
    By killervick7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM
  5. AX Advanced PCT + X-factor
    By whitedevil74 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in