50 Days of X-Factor Advanced: A Log by Resolve

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went to the movies this weekend and saw a preview for the new Connan The Barbarian movie :yup:
how does it look? tell me its not like that new predator movie where they replaced the original mass monsters with some of the thinnest emaciated male figures Ive ever seen in an action movie...
It looks like dog crap!! They went with Jason Momoa, a friggin' fitness model. :261:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It looks like dog crap!! They went with Jason Momoa, a friggin' fitness model. :261:

The gayness level I just saw in that clip probably makes Arnold want to puke. Words cannot describe the disappointment, it will not even come close to the originals. :eek:p:

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The gayness level I just saw in that clip probably makes Arnold want to puke. Words cannot describe the disappointment, it will not even come close to the originals. :eek:p:
I haven't seen the previews for it...and actually wasn't aware of a remake...but crap....why....whhhhhhy are they even trying....? Originality for the most part really is dead in hollywood...dang!

...I wasn't all that pumped about Thor...but after having seen the preview for that...think it looks pretty good....

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got that shizz right!! It's gonna be a terrible movie. I may not even watch it when it goes to DVD.

They could have at least gone with the German giant Ralf Moeller who was in the TV series. He was 6'6" and around 270.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mariusz Pudzianowski with a mean beard would have been great, but who knows about his acting talent.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thought the MN reps might be interested to see this, it was in a paper I read last night pertaining to one of my projects:

Polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as arachidonic acid, have the potential to reduce SREBP-1c transcription by two mechanisms: i) they bind LXRa, functioning as competitive antagonists, and ii) the inhibit the proteolytic activation of SREBP-1 isoforms, potentially interfering with feedforward stimulation of SREBP-1c transcription through SRE... [100nM] Arachidonic Acid reduced basal transcription [of SREBP-1c] by 70% and severely blunted response to insulin.
SREBP-1c is a primary regulator of lipid synthesis. In other words - AA severely decreases insulin's fat-building capacity with a sufficient dose. :D

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Define sufficient.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok gotcha. Like what I am learning in here about AA.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So this week I'm only lifting once a day - I'm just too busy to squeeze in two-a-days. Nonetheless, I obliterated myself yesterday. It made me remember why I like two-a-days; they allow for better recovery between your main lifts and accessory movements.

XFA notes: Nothing new to report.

Box Squats:
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
285x20 - Widowmaker. I swear I saw Jesus reaching out to me. This last set kept me nauseous for the rest of the workout.

SLDLs:
135x5 - thick, false, snatch grip
225x5 - thick, false, snatch grip
275x5 - thick, false, snatch grip
315x3 - thick, snatch grip
Finished these off with a set of power shrugs to failure with 405. I got 18 reps.

Squats and SLDLs were supersetted with seated calf raises.

DC Set Leg Curls:
200x11 +4 +1 +partials to failure

DC Set Leg Exts:
300x20 +12 +11

Finished up with some more calves and some hanging leg raises.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

WTF! He looks tiny and like a weakling. If they get anyone with decent size in the movie he will look like a little bitch next to them. You would think they would be able to get someone with decent size. It is like they didnt even try.

velocityrob

velocityrob

Awards
Good looking log.

Not sure about the new Conan, will reserve opinions. :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WTF! He looks tiny and like a weakling. If they get anyone with decent size in the movie he will look like a little bitch next to them. You would think they would be able to get someone with decent size. It is like they didnt even try.
It's because pretty boys sell tickets right now. I've heard women say Jason Statham has too much muscle - the guys in shape, but c'mon! Lean, but not large physiques are in, and I feel like it's one more way society is emasculating its men.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's because pretty boys sell tickets right now. I've heard women say Jason Statham has too much muscle - the guys in shape, but c'mon! Lean, but not large physiques are in, and I feel like it's one more way society is emasculating its men.
Brother, we might as well face it. A lot of people and especially the women-folk would think you and I are freaks. I'm getting a lot of looks lately since it's tank-top/wife-beater wearing weather. I'm 260 lbs and probably 10% bodyfat right now with veins everywhere.
I'm garnering attention.....both good and bad. Dudes are eye-ballin' me with them mean-mug looks.
Gonna have to school a fool.......I just know it.
:firedevil:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd pick being strong/big and having to deal with looks anytime over being another flabby, faceless blob of mediocrity. I think it is mindset lost on the masses, but a man must strive for greatness! I'm not anything special, but I'll be damned if I let that stop me from fighting for it!

Just make sure that when your skinny-fat victim get pummeled, he realizes what an honor it is to be beaten by a god. ;)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too true. Sad a guy's movie is being dictated by what women want to see. What is Jason a buck sixty? Pretty soon it is going to be illegal to have balls.

Brother, we might as well face it. A lot of people and especially the women-folk would think you and I are freaks. I'm getting a lot of looks lately since it's tank-top/wife-beater wearing weather. I'm 260 lbs and probably 10% bodyfat right now with veins everywhere.
I'm garnering attention.....both good and bad. Dudes are eye-ballin' me with them mean-mug looks.
Gonna have to school a fool.......I just know it.
:firedevil:
Ya people dont talk to me lol. Although this little old lady in a motorized scooter ask me to get soda for her on the top shelf at the grocery store today so :thinking:

I'd pick being strong/big and having to deal with looks anytime over being another flabby, faceless blob of mediocrity. I think it is mindset lost on the masses, but a man must strive for greatness! I'm not anything special, but I'll be damned if I let that stop me from fighting for it!

Just make sure that when your skinny-fat victim get pummeled, he realizes what an honor it is to be beaten by a god. ;)
I know that is my goal. Im a long ways off but I am def working on it.

Amen to that!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd pick being strong/big and having to deal with looks anytime over being another flabby, faceless blob of mediocrity.
I wouldn't trade my strength for all the gold in Gladsheim!!

I use more weight for Bent-Over Rows than most dudes use for Deadlifts.
Monday on Bent-Over Rows I did 405 X 11 reps.

And just yesterday training chest, I did Flat DB Presses with 150's X 10 reps.

The lean physique is merely a by-product for me. I'm all about the strength, my brethren. :yup:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You make me wanna go row now. My bb row form began to have a lot of bodylanguage in it, so I've been using other row variations. I'll have to start loading the barbell back up for those soon.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You make me wanna go row now. My bb row form began to have a lot of bodylanguage in it, so I've been using other row variations. I'll have to start loading the barbell back up for those soon.
me too, i can get a little jerky with them a la ronnie coleman

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
me too, i can get a little jerky with them a la ronnie coleman
Yeah, if I put some momentum into them, I can move some serious weight. I've just been trying to use a more strict form, with my torso as close to parallel with the floor as I can get, and a good pause and squeeze at the top of the rep. For this purpose, I've been finding db rows and one-arm tbars are better. But I'ma hit some BB rows tomorrow just for the hell of it.

Anyways, here's a workout update:

XFA Notes: I'm taking 6caps a day right now. I'll bump it back up to 8 on lifting days when I resume two-a-days. For now, 6 is doing the trick. No major strength increases to report this workout, but I still did manage a PR in reps on OHP.

Superset: OHP/ Band Facepulls
135x5/ x20
155x5/ x20
185x5/ x20 - Pretty sure this is a PR for 5 reps
205x3 +1push press/ x20
DC Set: 175x8 +3 +3push presses/ x20

Superset: Floor Press/ HS Shrugs
225x5/ 3plates per side x12
275x5/ 4 x10
315x2/ 5 x8
DC Set: 225x13 +5 +3/ 6 x6

I should have worked up to 315 slower, my form felt a little off and another light set or two could've helped me find my groove. Felt almost like a JM Press, which is NOT normal.

Superset: HS Press/ Hammer Curls w/1sec pause and squeeze at the top
70per side x10/ 50x8
80 x10/ 55x8
DC Set: 90 x10 +5 +1/ 60x8

I then ran the rack with hammer curls, starting with 65x8, then doing 5reps at 10lb intervals down to 30x5.

Incline Cable Flies Dropset Finisher:
60x10 +50x8 +40x5 +30x5

Reverse Fat Bar Preacher 21's:
60 for 3sets.

Finished with some incline db curls and I was fried.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Considering picking up a lifting belt sometime soon. Anyone have any recommendations for brand/style etc?
I was gonna say the same thing. :laugh2:

Big blue suede Inzer all the way. I have the big single prong. I wish I had gotten the lever belt like Volcom.

Still........I love mine!! :love:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was gonna say the same thing. :laugh2:

Big blue suede Inzer all the way. I have the big single prong. I wish I had gotten the lever belt like Volcom.

Still........I love mine!! :love:
Your lifting belt is like your car, you're loyal to it till the end :cheers:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the input gents! The Inzer Forever 10mm Lever looks really tempting. I'm also looking at some APT and EFS stuff too. I'll keep y'all posted. :)
The Inzer may seem pricey, but that thing should last you the rest of your life.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Inzer may seem pricey, but that thing should last you the rest of your life.
That is the way I looked at it. It might be $70ish bucks but I shouldnt need another belt for the rest of my life. The only way that I would is if I dropped about 50 pounds lol.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is the way I looked at it. It might be $70ish bucks but I shouldnt need another belt for the rest of my life. The only way that I would is if I dropped about 50 pounds lol.
I've had mine for 14 years now.
It's good for another 200 or so. :saevilw:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, that's the real issue - price. But every other vendor is in about the same price range, and from I'm reading in the forums, other belts arrive quite stiff and have to be broken in much more than the Inzers.

I'll discuss finances with the wife and hopefully place an order this evening, since my lower back definitely could've used some assistance today after def deads, GMs and BB rows.

I should get a pink belt, right?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, that's the real issue - price. But every other vendor is in about the same price range, and from I'm reading in the forums, other belts arrive quite stiff and have to be broken in much more than the Inzers.

I'll discuss finances with the wife and hopefully place an order this evening, since my lower back definitely could've used some assistance today after def deads, GMs and BB rows.

Pink would be lovely, no doubt.
But to be in with the incrowd (Volcom, Tomahawk and myself), you have to get a blue one. :yup:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Royal Blue is pretty awesome.
Royalty is the reason I suggested it. You are a prince of the realm eternal after all.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Nay, hot pink and with white fluffs.

The INZERS are quality and I haven't had mine nearly as long as TG, but I don't see this belt deteriorating short of a Nuclear Winter and even then....

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nay, hot pink and with white fluffs.

The INZERS are quality and I haven't had mine nearly as long as TG, but I don't see this belt deteriorating short of a Nuclear Winter and even then....
the inzer forever lever is great for PLers, I like Schiecks leather contoured for BBers and movements like bent rows where I find PL belts to be too restricting.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pink would be lovely, no doubt.
But to be in with the incrowd (Volcom, Tomahawk and myself), you have to get a blue one. :yup:
I guess u have to check me off that list... I got the black with a white powdery substance covering it :whiner:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess u have to check me off that list... I got the black with a white powdery substance covering it :whiner:
I saw one of your deadlift videos and you were wearing a blue belt. Must have belonged to someone else. Sorry.......:(

Now get you a blue one. :laugh2:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I saw one of your deadlift videos and you were wearing a blue belt. Must have belonged to someone else. Sorry.......:(

Now get you a blue one. :laugh2:
Haha ya that was my friend Ben's and his is APT.

How about when my belt breaks I get a new one :lmao:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha ya that was my friend Ben's and his is APT.

How about when my belt breaks I get a new one :lmao:
Probably won't happen......but it could. I've heard of guys' belts breaking when they're squatting.

A big black dude named O.D. Wilson back in the late 80's or early 90's was squatting 1,000 for 2 reps and his Inzer broke coming up on the second rep!! :yikes:

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
Believe me, I am getting all the sleep I can manage. I've been going to bed about 9 or 9:30 - makes me feel like an old man, but I'm just done by that time of night. :p
ME = this as well :yup:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably won't happen......but it could. I've heard of guys' belts breaking when they're squatting.

A big black dude named O.D. Wilson back in the late 80's or early 90's was squatting 1,000 for 2 reps and his Inzer broke coming up on the second rep!! :yikes:
Well my belt wont have to put up with that kind of strain lol.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's nuts, I've never before seen a belt break yet alone a thick ass inzer

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"White powdery substance?" You rubbing crack on your belt for a little extra "help"? :D

Lol, I agree.^^
Inzer is the consensus - I'm working on making this happen. :)

Guess I better be careful on my heavy squat days then, you know how close my numbers are to 1000. /delusions of grandeur

ME = this as well :yup:
Honestly, I like getting to be early. Waking up raring to go is a great feeling!

I'll put up a weekend update later today. Stay tuned.:yup:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"White powdery substance?" You rubbing crack on your belt for a little extra "help"? :D
Shhhh Nick dont be giving away my secrets. Plus you know we got cops in here :bigok:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shhhh Nick dont be giving away my secrets. Plus you know we got cops in here :bigok:
Crap! Busted! :p

Anywhoo...

XFA Notes: 6/day is good stuff, feeling strong and full. Steady progress all around, don't know what else to really comment on.

On Friday I hit Def Deads from a 4" platform. Worked up to 455 for a triple. Weight felt light and form felt solid. Grip could have been better though - had to reset it between the 2nd and 3rd rep.

Then did GMs off Pins, working up to 365x10. For my first few sets, the ROM I had felt fine, but as my hamstrings warmed up, I realized I could've lowered the pins for a longer stretch. Next week.

Moved on to 45-degree BB rows from pins, working up to 275x10. Loaded 315 on the bar, rowed it twice, but my lower back was SHOT to HELL after Def Deads and GMs, so I called it. 315 felt very manageable on my lats and arms though, so I'll have to try them again on a day where my erectors aren't fried already.

Then yesterday I just went in and had a general bodybuilding chest/arms day. Really focused on using my pecs and biceps to move the weight and used primarily machine and isolation movements. Nothing too impressive here, so I won't bore you with the details.

Also, I ordered my belt - an XL Inzer Lever, per everyone's recommendation in royal blue.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I followed the directions, measuring around my navel. 40" :( My actual waist is 36 by the tape.
Hmm well Idk. I went by what size jeans I wear. 38s fall off my ass. Well I just checked my belt. I think it really depends on how you wear your belt. When I wear mine I suck in as much as possible and tighten that bit down then puff my gut out.

I just know my friend Matt cant really use my belt because it is too big for him. He is about 6'1" and 220ish. Granted he has a small waist but got to figure proportionally yall are somewhat similar and he is too skinny for the large. See if you can call them and talk to them. I know mine took about 2 weeks to show up and I got a generic belt.