50 Days of X-Factor Advanced: A Log by Resolve

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Thumbs up


    Subbed for the ride man, great looking log.


  2. NOTHING TO IT BUT TO DO IT!!

    Brother-Eternal, let's do this!!!

    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

    "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
    •   
       


  3. in for the epicness of this log!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Hola, my friend. Gotta say, 635x3 rack pulls? I hate you.



    Sounds too tasty to pass up. How would you recommend dosing for someone lifting twice a day?

    Maybe 3caps before each workout on lifting days only?
    6 caps a day is very popular and 3 before each session should benefit you tremendously both for hypetrophy and the pump.

    Youve also noted feeling almost euphoric and it sounds like you train quite intensely, on the verge of over training. Ive found ArA really shines when my volume is quite high like your appears to be, it keeps me from flattening out as well as keeps my mood from getting worse from the increased stress of extra training in an already busy schedule.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    in for the epicness of this log!
    Thanks man. I kept meaning to PM you to let you know it's up, but I'm absent-minded.

    Had a decent couple of workouts today. Will post the update later. I'm beat right now and it's Friday night - time to kick back and recoup!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    NOTHING TO IT BUT TO DO IT!!

    Brother-Eternal, let's do this!!!

    one of my fav videos to watch before I head off to train, additionally, I'll be spending extra time in this log due to the love for "The Rock"!!!

  7. Okay, gotta lot to update on from yesterday and today.

    X-Factor Notes: Primary benefit I'm seeing so far is that this stuff makes me happy. I've used products before that increase my sense of well being, but I wouldn't classify this the same. T-911, Dermacrine and similar supps made me more even-keeled and less-likely to get angry or stressed, which I consider "well-being." XFA literally just makes me... happy. Prostaglandins are associated with mood, and AA is a prostaglandin precursor - I'm really thinking there's a connection here.

    Hoping strength increases will set in soon. We'll see.

    Yesterday AM Session: DEADS!

    Superset: Deadlift/ BB hacks
    135x5/ same
    225x5/ same
    315x5/ same
    405x5/ 315x5
    455x3/ 315x5
    455x3/ 315x5

    Not a great day for DL, but not bad either. Need to work on trap rigidity and keeping my "ahem" BELLYFULL!

    Superset: Snatch Grip Speed Pull from 4" Platform/ Machine Hacks with pause at bottom
    225x3/ 2plates per side x5
    275x3/ 3x5
    275x3/ 4x5

    The snatch speed pulls are great for finishing off the posterior chain. The increased ROM is murderous and really forces major contraction through the core.

    Finished off with some calves and weighted abs.

    Yesterday PM session: Dead Assistance
    Superset: Wide Stance Good Morning to Pins/ Pipe Grip Pendlay Rows
    135x5/ same
    225x5/ 185x5
    275x5/ 225x5
    315x5/ 245x5
    365x5/ 275x3

    Dropset Cable Pullovers:
    100x10
    90x8
    80x8
    70x10
    60x10
    50x10

    100lb Plate Pushes:
    5 runs down and back, 25yd each direction

    Good mornings and plate pushes are currently my two favorite lower body movements. I love the stretch in my hams that I get the GMs, as well as the feeling of ab recruitment that tells me I'm doing them right. Plate pushes just devastate the quad and glute - they give me a pump like nothing else I've ever experienced.


    Today's Press and Curl Session

    Superset: OH Pin Press/ Monster Mini-band Face-Pull
    135x5/ 12 reps
    185x5/ 12
    205x5/ 15
    225x5/ 15
    245x2/ 15
    245x3/ 20

    Wanted 245x5 real bad, but the elbow wasn't having it. It's room for improvement to be achieved next week!

    Tri-set: Incline Press/ Incline Lean-Away Lateral Raise/ Lateral Raise
    185x5/ 25x10/ 50x10
    205x5/ 25x10/ 50x10
    225x5/ 25x8/ 50x8
    245x5/ 25x8/ 50x8
    265x4/ 25x8/ 50x8

    265x4 isn't bad at all. It's the most I've incline pressed in a long time, actually. And if you haven't tried incline lean away laterals, do it! Lay sideways on an incline bench so one shoulder is facing up and do laterals in that position - it keep the focus on the delt a lot more than a normal LR.

    Superset: Weighted Dips/ Tricep Rehab
    BW+45 x5/ 50x5 w/8sec eccentric
    +70x5/ same as above
    +80x5/ same as above
    +90x5/ same as above
    +105x4/ same as above

    One arm BB Preachers:
    40 for 4x6 with 5sec eccentrics

    Tri-set: Spider Curl/Preacher Curl/BB Curl
    85x10/x10/x10
    85x10/x10/x10
    85x10/x8/x8
    85x8/x8/x6
    85x10/x10/x10

    This tri-set works my biceps like nothing else I've ever done. It is currently far and away my favorite arm set-up. I was very displeased with my apparent weakness in the fourth set, but a little viking rage solved that problem in the fifth set.

    Finished off with some Machine Preacher 21's at 110lb.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  8. Very interesting note on the possible MOA for your mood enhancement with XFA/arachidonic acid!

    This log has my attention peaked quite thoroughly.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    Very interesting note on the possible MOA for your mood enhancement with XFA/arachidonic acid!

    This log has my attention peaked quite thoroughly.
    Yeah, I'm pretty swamped with my research right now, but if I have time, I want to read up a bit more on AA in the CNS.


    Also, for anyone interested, I took 2nd place in the CL Motiv8 transformation contest! Won a big old prize pack!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  10. Good stuff R! Enjoy the spoils..
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Also, for anyone interested, I took 2nd place in the CL Motiv8 transformation contest! Won a big old prize pack!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Good stuff R! Enjoy the spoils..
    Congratulations big Nick!!
    Where are the pics located? I'd like to see those.

    Enjoy the fruits of thy labor.

    To the victor belongeth the spoils.

    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

    "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."

  12. Resolve excellent stuff so far. I see you are using the alternate day fasting approach, are you using a paleo type diet on the days you eat or are you taking in a good amount of carbs with this? I am doing an IF diet as well, Lean Gains it is 16 hours fasting and 8 hours of eating per day. I am really surprised no one else has even mentioned the fact you are not eating anything at all every other day. Maybe no one noticed... So are you taking BCAA's at all during the fast or just water only all day, and how long have you been following the protocol? I know that there are supposed to be a plethora of health benefits with the alternate day fasting, most importantly the increased resiliency of just about any cell structure in the body to disease including cancers. How would you rate this regarding ability to gain muscle? I get some of the resiliency benefits from my 16 hour fast but I know it is supposed to be higher with the 24 hour fast.

    Looks like the product has some mood elevation, that is always an added benefit. Are you noticing an increase in the pump as well?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Good stuff R! Enjoy the spoils..
    Thanks AZ, I'm gonna enjoy 'em big time!

    Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Congratulations big Nick!!
    Where are the pics located? I'd like to see those.

    Enjoy the fruits of thy labor.

    To the victor belongeth the spoils.

    I think I'm about the leanest I've ever been. I'll upload some of the pics to my photobucket account tonight and post them up.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  14. Yours was a meaty post, Kleen; so I've put a bit of thought into my reply.

    My diet is primarily "Paleo Friendly," but still moderate in carbs - about 200g per day as fruit, legumes, veggies and sweet potato.

    On fasting days, I have 8g of leucine every 2-3hrs throughout the day, and will usually have a small helping of protein before bed. I'm too hungry to sleep otherwise and it didn't seem to impede fat loss.

    I've been following some form of intermittent fasting for over 2 years now. I began with 16/8 "Lean Gains" Protocol that you're on now. I found that very amenable to gaining weight and muscle - last summer I bulked to 265 and all my current PRs were set while on that kind of diet.

    My current ADF diet was started this past January. It was originally tailored for fat loss during the CL transformation contest, so right now is really the first time I've employed this protocol for a muscle-gain program. So, I'm playing with cals and will be adjusting things a lot as I go along.

    Calorie Restriction/fasting is really the only scientifically supported method of lifespan extension, because it has the exact effect you mentioned - it upregulates auto****y, which in a sense forces the body to "renew" itself on a continual basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Resolve excellent stuff so far. I see you are using the alternate day fasting approach, are you using a paleo type diet on the days you eat or are you taking in a good amount of carbs with this? I am doing an IF diet as well, Lean Gains it is 16 hours fasting and 8 hours of eating per day. I am really surprised no one else has even mentioned the fact you are not eating anything at all every other day. Maybe no one noticed... So are you taking BCAA's at all during the fast or just water only all day, and how long have you been following the protocol? I know that there are supposed to be a plethora of health benefits with the alternate day fasting, most importantly the increased resiliency of just about any cell structure in the body to disease including cancers. How would you rate this regarding ability to gain muscle? I get some of the resiliency benefits from my 16 hour fast but I know it is supposed to be higher with the 24 hour fast.

    Looks like the product has some mood elevation, that is always an added benefit. Are you noticing an increase in the pump as well?
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  15. My Motiv8 pics:

    Before:




    After:


    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  16. Thumbs up


    Awesome job man, really noticeable changes in your delts,abs,and lats. Congratz on winning the transformation contest. I see why, keep up the good work.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by fitcopforlife View Post
    Awesome job man, really noticeable changes in your delts,abs,and lats. Congratz on winning the transformation contest. I see why, keep up the good work.
    Thanks, I worked pretty darn hard. Not bad for a chronic endomorph who constantly struggles to keep his hormones balanced, if I say so myself.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Yours was a meaty post, Kleen; so I've put a bit of thought into my reply.

    My diet is primarily "Paleo Friendly," but still moderate in carbs - about 200g per day as fruit, legumes, veggies and sweet potato.

    On fasting days, I have 8g of leucine every 2-3hrs throughout the day, and will usually have a small helping of protein before bed. I'm too hungry to sleep otherwise and it didn't seem to impede fat loss.

    I've been following some form of intermittent fasting for over 2 years now. I began with 16/8 "Lean Gains" Protocol that you're on now. I found that very amenable to gaining weight and muscle - last summer I bulked to 265 and all my current PRs were set while on that kind of diet.

    My current ADF diet was started this past January. It was originally tailored for fat loss during the CL transformation contest, so right now is really the first time I've employed this protocol for a muscle-gain program. So, I'm playing with cals and will be adjusting things a lot as I go along.

    Calorie Restriction/fasting is really the only scientifically supported method of lifespan extension, because it has the exact effect you mentioned - it upregulates auto****y, which in a sense forces the body to "renew" itself on a continual basis.
    Very cool, I am thinking of starting up some type of thread to discuss Lean Gains and come up with ways it works best. If / when I do you will definitely be getting an invite. I read about the type of diet you are doing from something DatBTrue wrote I think. Cab't wait to see how this works out for you on the gaining attempt.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  19. Is this supplement dangerous at all? What side effects if any? And at what age is it safe to take?

  20. You did an outstanding job at transforming your physique in such a short amout of time, big man. Kudos.....

    Are you maintaining this lower level of bodyfat? I'm finding it better to stay at lower percentages year round. No need for drastic changes to diet just to get leaner. I can make a few minor adjustments here and there and drop a little lower with ease.

    You look great in those shots. Big and lean. Thick. Dense. Meaty.
    Herr Beefcake!!
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

    "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."

  21. Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    Is this supplement dangerous at all? What side effects if any? And at what age is it safe to take?
    Arachidonic Acid is just a specific lipid found in foods such as eggs, beef and certain nuts. It's pretty darn safe. I'll let an MN rep answer regarding side effects, but so far I haven't experience any other than water retention.


    Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    You did an outstanding job at transforming your physique in such a short amout of time, big man. Kudos.....

    Are you maintaining this lower level of bodyfat? I'm finding it better to stay at lower percentages year round. No need for drastic changes to diet just to get leaner. I can make a few minor adjustments here and there and drop a little lower with ease.

    You look great in those shots. Big and lean. Thick. Dense. Meaty.
    Herr Beefcake!!
    I hope to maintain this level of leanness. I've only increased my calories by 200 over what I was eating when I took the after pics. I'm shooting for a 1/4 to 1/2lb of gaining per week, so as to keep it lean as possible.

    It's going to slow my strength gains though - I'm typically strongest when my abs are barely visible. Fatties run in my family.

    XFA notes: Weighed in at 246.5 this morning, up from 242 last Monday - big time water weight gains! I've felt a little "slushy" all week, but I didn't expect this much retention. Hopefully this will subside as use continues.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  22. Resolve, huge congrats on the transformation and very noticeable gains in muscularity.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    Is this supplement dangerous at all? What side effects if any? And at what age is it safe to take?
    X-Factor is one of VERY few supplements that has been proven safe and effective by not one, but two university studies. One conducted at Baylor and the other at Benedictine. 18 years of age is the youngest any individual should begin a regimen of dietary supplements.

  24. Pretty awesome transformation! I'm impressed.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    X-Factor is one of VERY few supplements that has been proven safe and effective by not one, but two university studies. One conducted at Baylor and the other at Benedictine. 18 years of age is the youngest any individual should begin a regimen of dietary supplements.
    18. Why wouldn't 17 years old be ok?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. X-Factor advanced
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 03:26 AM
  2. X-Factor Advanced and AI's Perform..
    By tbarrows in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:48 PM
  3. X-factor Advanced??? anyone
    By killervick7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 08:55 AM
  4. AX Advanced PCT + X-factor
    By whitedevil74 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Log in
Log in