AI Staples with some added Magic...

Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    It's either I kill it or it kills me, there is no in between!! Hey that's another good quote...

That and it fuggin hurts fortunately I welcome a little pain, lets me know that I am alive and still fighting!!

Time for my favorite poem again....

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Very nice DW.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

2. Nice DW

Also one of my favourites, as well as this one

Cats by Arthur Seymour John Tessimond

Cats no less liquid than their shadows
    Offer no angles to the wind.
    They slip, diminished, neat through loopholes
    Less than themselves; will not be pinned

To rules or routes for journeys; counter
    Attack with non-resistance; twist
    Enticing through the curving fingers
    And leave an angered empty fist.

They wait obsequious as darkness
    Quick to retire, quick to return;
    Admit no aim or ethics; flatter
    With reservations; will not learn

To answer to their names; are seldom
    Truly owned till shot or skinned.
    Cats no less liquid than their shadows
    Offer no angles to the wind
    •   

3. I moved on Saturday got a chance to get my 45 minutes fasted cardio in. I was so toasted after the move that I seriously thought about taking Sunday morning workout off.

I decided to go through the motions. It's a 50-55 minute walk to the gym now so I can despense with cardio cuz work is the same distance. I figure a total of 12 trips a week and I won't have to do any cardio. To and from work is 10 and 3 times to the gym is 6 so a possibility of 16 trips per week.

I got to the gym and got my belt and knee wraps and decided to give it a shot. Now were going to see what I am made of...

The first warmup for front squats was really stiff I decided to slow them down and really stretch it out the second was 140 and a bit looser so I decided I'd go for it...

Front squats 230 X 10 X 2 very solid reps, I slowed it down and took what I could get it was close to perfect... alright complete victory
    Db incline press (30 degrees) 70 X 10 X 2 was not too difficult first day on 10's
    Lat pulldown 145X 10 X 2 not that difficult
    Deads 295 X 10 X 2 I was most worried about these cuz I have been pushing these up very aggresively and my glutes and hams are toasted (sumo) I crushed them and only had to regrip for the last rep of the second set..
    Push Press 120 X 10 X 2 These are going well I expect some pr's on this lift..
    Decline Tri Extension 90 X 10 X 2 not too bad..
    Obar curl 100 X 10 X 2 Owned it
    Calf raise 115 X 10 X 2

Wow I guess I'm tougher than I thought... not a bad workout. I am so trashed today though, glutes and hammies are screaming!!

I finished off with bar of death and a full ab workout and walked home. Battered but victorious, never missed one rep!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

4. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I moved on Saturday got a chance to get my 45 minutes fasted cardio in. I was so toasted after the move that I seriously thought about taking Sunday morning workout off.

I decided to go through the motions. It's a 50-55 minute walk to the gym now so I can despense with cardio cuz work is the same distance. I figure a total of 12 trips a week and I won't have to do any cardio. To and from work is 10 and 3 times to the gym is 6 so a possibility of 16 trips per week.

I got to the gym and got my belt and knee wraps and decided to give it a shot. Now were going to see what I am made of...

The first warmup for front squats was really stiff I decided to slow them down and really stretch it out the second was 140 and a bit looser so I decided I'd go for it...

Front squats 230 X 10 X 2 very solid reps, I slowed it down and took what I could get it was close to perfect... alright complete victory
    Db incline press (30 degrees) 70 X 10 X 2 was not too difficult first day on 10's
    Lat pulldown 145X 10 X 2 not that difficult
    Deads 295 X 10 X 2 I was most worried about these cuz I have been pushing these up very aggresively and my glutes and hams are toasted (sumo) I crushed them and only had to regrip for the last rep of the second set..
    Push Press 120 X 10 X 2 These are going well I expect some pr's on this lift..
    Decline Tri Extension 90 X 10 X 2 not too bad..
    Obar curl 100 X 10 X 2 Owned it
    Calf raise 115 X 10 X 2

Wow I guess I'm tougher than I thought... not a bad workout. I am so trashed today though, glutes and hammies are screaming!!

I finished off with bar of death and a full ab workout and walked home. Battered but victorious, never missed one rep!!
    Nice workout. I know your address again so keep those supps well hidden LOL.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.

5. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Nice workout. I know your address again so keep those supps well hidden LOL.
    They're under lock and key. I did inventory and some shortages have been sited.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    They're under lock and key. I did inventory and some shortages have been sited.
    It was Stxnas I swear.

7. Nice work Doug. your usually are tougher than you think. In fact many times the body goes before the mind. Your mind is super powerful !
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

8. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Nice work Doug. your usually are tougher than you think. In fact many times the body goes before the mind. Your mind is super powerful !
    He sure is driven by his mind hard it is awesome.

9. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    It was Stxnas I swear.
    Might have been that I used more than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Nice work Doug. your usually are tougher than you think. In fact many times the body goes before the mind. Your mind is super powerful !
    I was in a position where I was just trying to let my body tell me how far to push it. Once I loosened up I was ok to just make it by.

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    He sure is driven by his mind hard it is awesome.
    And maybe a little stuborn ....

10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Might have been that I used more than I thought

I was in a position where I was just trying to let my body tell me how far to push it. Once I loosened up I was ok to just make it by.

And maybe a little stuborn ....
    No it was Stxnas he got my damn TestoPRO pinata also LOL.

11. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    No it was Stxnas he got my damn TestoPRO pinata also LOL.
    Damn his oily hide!!

12. Well again I was not at my best, the alarm rang at 3:30 am and I couldn't get back to sleep so I was running tired and recovery was not what it should have been, again I just played it by feel and got it done.

Front squats 240 X 10 X 2 Just a little tougth on the last rep
    Db incline press (30 degrees) 75 X 10 X 2 was not too difficult
    Lat pulldown 150X 10 X 2 not that difficult
    Deads 305 X 10 X 2 Used a different bar and the grip sucked so I went to my old bar and had no problem on the second set. Just about time to get some chalk going. I have been saving that as a psychological boost.
    Push Press 125 X 10 X 2 Surpised now easy this was.
    Decline Tri Extension 95 X 10 X 2 went well..
    Obar curl 100 X 10 X 2 Turns out that I did 100 last time as well when I was supposed to do 95
    Calf raise 120 X 10 X 2

I made it and I am not as winded as I was previously, I was so tired Sunday and before that I was doing 15's. Only problem I am encountering is recovery is pretty difficult when pushing this hard. When you're 52 that is always an issue.

I have done approx. 370 minutes fast paced walking so far this week 230 more and I do not have to add any cardio. I will have that done by tommorow.

Diet got bad on the weekend and monday as moving it's hard to get decent meals in. It was much better yesterday.

13. Oh forgot to mention I said a little prayer before I squatted and then before deads, I asked God for the strength to get through it or the good sense not to injure myself. I got the strength to finish. Yah when I feel battered I go to his playbook.

14. lol I am all about the prayer as well my friend!!!
    Working on living

15. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Oh forgot to mention I said a little prayer before I squatted and then before deads, I asked God for the strength to get through it or the good sense not to injure myself. I got the strength to finish. Yah when I feel battered I go to his playbook.
    Even as an agnostic I still call on my higher power from time to time for the same things; seems to keep the good sense in my head instead of my ego at the very least. Great workout as always DW. I got up at 3:30 as well, the difference for me was I went back to sleep for another 3 hours after my early morning drain!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

16. Even though that wasnt at your best...dam it was a good work out! You are making phenomenal progress DW!
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.

17. I agree still very good. The power of prayer is always good.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    lol I am all about the prayer as well my friend!!!
    Good to hear, I would have guessed that...

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Even as an agnostic I still call on my higher power from time to time for the same things; seems to keep the good sense in my head instead of my ego at the very least. Great workout as always DW. I got up at 3:30 as well, the difference for me was I went back to sleep for another 3 hours after my early morning drain!
    Yah problem is when you get older it gets harder to go back to sleep, plus my legs are in constant doms so that makes it hard to get comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Even though that wasnt at your best...dam it was a good work out! You are making phenomenal progress DW!
    Thanks, I just want to get a workout in where I am well rested.

I got my chalk!! Ready to take this up another notch...

19. May buddies web site is looking good now, and the new gym is in full swing...

http://www.marshallshouse.com/index.html

I a got a pretty good sleep last night, I got off the HghPro to conserve supply but I got an extra bottle recently and added it again to get some much needed recovery. Deads are hard to do in HST and I will probably opt for tbar or bent over rows next time.

20. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    May buddies web site is looking good now, and the new gym is in full swing...

http://www.marshallshouse.com/index.html

I a got a pretty good sleep last night, I got off the HghPro to conserve supply but I got an extra bottle recently and added it again to get some much needed recovery. Deads are hard to do in HST and I will probably opt for tbar or bent over rows next time.
    DW I just spent 10 minutes checking out Marshall's gym website and I have to say I want to be a member there. If you are able to make something similar to that in Montreal there will be a lot of very happy people I am sure. Considering what you get for the price, I feel it is truly a steal compared to what I pay for mine.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

21. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    DW I just spent 10 minutes checking out Marshall's gym website and I have to say I want to be a member there. If you are able to make something similar to that in Montreal there will be a lot of very happy people I am sure. Considering what you get for the price, I feel it is truly a steal compared to what I pay for mine.
    The basic idea is a trainer can be available for more than one person at a time, and the time a person needs a personal trainer with them is dependant on experience. After the initial learning curve it's just extra advice and correcting form.

22. DAMN!!! Your gym looks sweet! Now to start your own...
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)

23. Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    DAMN!!! Your gym looks sweet! Now to start your own...
    Yah maybe in a few years, it will be a franchise of Marshalls...

24. a gym that provides a towel and water??????!!!!!!!!! Have I died and gone to gym paradise???!!!! I pay over 100$$$$$ a month at Gold's for my wife and I and would switch in a heart beat!!!! Oh and 100lb steel plates??? Ummmmm.... need a roommate???
    Working on living

25. Quote Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
    a gym that provides a towel and water??????!!!!!!!!! Have I died and gone to gym paradise???!!!! I pay over 100$$$$$ a month at Gold's for my wife and I and would switch in a heart beat!!!! Oh and 100lb steel plates??? Ummmmm.... need a roommate???
    Yah you need 100 lbs plates for the big lifts... Marsh is old school, he has as sled pull too. No smith machine though, he opted for a second cage... he is not big on machines. Family type atmosphere where everybody helps each other is promoted. If you want to get these kinds of advantages for a reasonable price people need to work together.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Staples
    By zombiemuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
  2. PINK MAGIC by USPLabs--Who wants to log Magic!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 371
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
  3. What are your Staples?
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
  4. Too many staples?
    By MoTiV in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 11:45 PM
  5. $100 - What staples to get?