AI Staples with some added Magic...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
going to take a break or a "de-load"(light training)?
I will be going on a break this time. My next run will take me all the way till Xmas so I'll need the rest. I will keep the cardio though 50 K walking and 75 minutes Eliptical is the plan.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the PR! This program has been working wonders for your strength!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the PR! This program has been working wonders for your strength!
A lot of this is the PM, I have done this same routine on Prme and am up about 30 lbs from what I did then on some exercises, up on all exercises. I will get the old spreadsheet and make a comparision per lift. Oh and I was about 10-15 lbs heavier then too..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some struggling but I got some things done and another PR on Front squats...

Front squats 310 X 4 310 X 5 PR! First set not deep enough second set I'll give it a pass but will not go up again, as a matter of fact will go down to 200 and do some nice reps.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 100 X 5 100 X 2 did another set with the 90's for 5 I was very sloppy with the 100's
Lat pulldown 185 X 5 X 2 owned.
Bent over rows supine grip 215 X 5 X 2 ok something wasn't right here using a different bar and it was turning too much in my grip...
Push Press 155 X 1 155 X 1 145 X 3 Ok something definitely wrong hadn't figured it out yet.
Decline Tri Extension 120 X 5 X 2 very tough will not be able to increase this.
Obar curl 145 X 3 145 X 5 Now I had it figured out, the fuggin bar was bent or something, the second set was done with my regular bar...
Ok then Push press again, 155 X 3 145 X 5 that's better, probably would have gotten it if I had used the right bar in the first place
Calf raise 150 X 5 X 2

So it was the fuggin bar not me, I made sure I got my exercise. I will revisit these lifts on Thursday. I will shoot for one more PR on bent over rows, I actually think I have already set a PR but lets make sure. 225 for 5 on Thursday.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I imagine that the push press was effected by the heavy incline press. This has happened to me, you are using the same accessory muscles and [at least mine] get fatigued very easily. Don't sweat it DW, at some point we all reach our maxes then we back down and get the form right before we go back and pass through them. Great work on front squats man, you own that exercise ;).

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I imagine that the push press was effected by the heavy incline press. This has happened to me, you are using the same accessory muscles and [at least mine] get fatigued very easily. Don't sweat it DW, at some point we all reach our maxes then we back down and get the form right before we go back and pass through them. Great work on front squats man, you own that exercise ;).
I actually had to go back and edit the front squats it was 310 for both sets. I am actually thinking of giving the legs a break and just hit upper body on thursday. With all the walking and lifting they're totally trashed. I would be able to face 320 if I had god recovery on legs but 2 days is not going to do it. I can do 3 sets on upper body instead of 2.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually had to go back and edit the front squats it was 310 for both sets. I am actually thinking of giving the legs a break and just hit upper body on thursday. With all the walking and lifting they're totally trashed. I would be able to face 320 if I had god recovery on legs but 2 days is not going to do it. I can do 3 sets on upper body instead of 2.
That is some smart talk right there Doug. You walk more in a week than I do in a month, I am sure a little rest on Thursday will not hurt at all.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is some smart talk right there Doug. You walk more in a week than I do in a month, I am sure a little rest on Thursday will not hurt at all.
Yah and I will pound the upper body with some good reps, yah sounds like a plan, going to be fun...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I imagine that the push press was effected by the heavy incline press. This has happened to me, you are using the same accessory muscles and [at least mine] get fatigued very easily
I notice this effect too frequently. I'll bang out 3 nice sets of 8 with a solid weight in 1 exercise and then when I shift to another for the same body part I'll get thru 1 good set then die off.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I notice this effect too frequently. I'll bang out 3 nice sets of 8 with a solid weight in 1 exercise and then when I shift to another for the same body part I'll get thru 1 good set then die off.
Yah sometimes on HST it's just a matter of burnout.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some struggling but I got some things done and another PR on Front squats...

Front squats 310 X 4 310 X 5 PR! First set not deep enough second set I'll give it a pass but will not go up again, as a matter of fact will go down to 200 and do some nice reps.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 100 X 5 100 X 2 did another set with the 90's for 5 I was very sloppy with the 100's
Lat pulldown 185 X 5 X 2 owned.
Bent over rows supine grip 215 X 5 X 2 ok something wasn't right here using a different bar and it was turning too much in my grip...
Push Press 155 X 1 155 X 1 145 X 3 Ok something definitely wrong hadn't figured it out yet.
Decline Tri Extension 120 X 5 X 2 very tough will not be able to increase this.
Obar curl 145 X 3 145 X 5 Now I had it figured out, the fuggin bar was bent or something, the second set was done with my regular bar...
Ok then Push press again, 155 X 3 145 X 5 that's better, probably would have gotten it if I had used the right bar in the first place
Calf raise 150 X 5 X 2

So it was the fuggin bar not me, I made sure I got my exercise. I will revisit these lifts on Thursday. I will shoot for one more PR on bent over rows, I actually think I have already set a PR but lets make sure. 225 for 5 on Thursday.
Awesome stuff DW congrats!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice work DW!!! Your front squats are improving at an amazing rate...Definitely a sure fire sign that your hard work and dedication is paying off!:cheers::You_Rock_Emoticon:

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I'll be the first to admit... there is some obsession involved :13:
Obsession and dedication are the same word, one is an unhealthy state of mind and the other a healthy passionate state of mind... Having a tendency towards *DPGO (and not **OCBD like the psychologist atnwork might suggest) I completely agree that this is pure drive, tenacity and dedication, I see no evidence to suggest Doug is in anyway obsessive

* Dedicated Passionate Goal Orientated
** Obsessive Compulsive Behavioural Disorder

P.S - I'm sitting wondering if anyone has purposefully tilted all the pictures in the house again? Some of them look skew! I might have to go and get the spirit level and straighten them all up, should I start at the top or the bottom of the house, I wonder if there's in efficiency in doing top down?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bodybuilding and fitness happens to be one of the healthier outlets for an obsessive compulsive personality.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing wrong with obsession if it is used in a positive way.:)
Indeed that is how I have learned to use it...

Nice work DW!!! Your front squats are improving at an amazing rate...Definitely a sure fire sign that your hard work and dedication is paying off!:cheers::You_Rock_Emoticon:
Yah the big push was on but I am glad to see it end, my poor joints...

Obsession and dedication are the same word, one is an unhealthy state of mind and the other a healthy passionate state of mind... Having a tendency towards *DPGO (and not **OCBD like the psychologist atnwork might suggest) I completely agree that this is pure drive, tenacity and dedication, I see no evidence to suggest Doug is in anyway obsessive

* Dedicated Passionate Goal Orientated
** Obsessive Compulsive Behavioural Disorder

P.S - I'm sitting wondering if anyone has purposefully tilted all the pictures in the house again? Some of them look skew! I might have to go and get the spirit level and straighten them all up, should I start at the top or the bottom of the house, I wonder if there's in efficiency in doing top down?
I think there are different levels of obsession, I know I need to use my obsessive type personality to keep me focused but that side of me gets less strong as dedication starts to take over. It's like a balance between the two.

bodybuilding and fitness happens to be one of the healthier outlets for an obsessive compulsive personality.
So it would seem, I get that from so many lifters, a lot of people in various types of recovery will use it as a replacement.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its like with many mental disorders, they don't always try to truly fix them so much as point them towards someting harmless

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its like with many mental disorders, they don't always try to truly fix them so much as point them towards someting harmless
That's how I roll... :13:

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Totally agree guys, constantly washing and waxing my car was getting really boring every Saturday!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I gave legs a rest and hammered upper body with 3 sets of 5...

Db incline press (30 degrees) 90 X 5 X 3 went down on this to get better reps cuz of my shoulder, these were the best reps I've done in a while
Lat pulldown 190 X 5 X 3 owned.
Bent over rows supine grip 225 X 5 X 3 There it is PR!
Push Press 155 X 4 155 X 5 155 X 4 That's more like it...
Decline Tri Extension 125 X 5 X 3 it was brutal but got it done.
Obar curl 145 X 5 145 X 3 135 X 5 hit the wall
Calf raise 155 X 5 X 3

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok now for the comparison between the same routine on Prime and on Prime and Pm

Front squats Prime 280 X 5 Prime and PM 310 X 5 PR
Only a little improvement on db inclines, shoulder does not get better with supps
Lat pulldown Prime 170 X 5 Prime and PM 190 X 5
Bent over rows 195 X 5 to 225 X 5 and PR
Push Press 140 X 5 to 155 X 5
Decline tri ext 110 to 125 X 5
Obar curls 135 X 5 to 145 X 5
Calf raise 145 to 155

So significant increases on all lifts.

I expected some strength gains but was surprised at the size increase. A lot of people mention they have difficulty gaining size on this compound or there doesn't seem to be much talk about size increase. My theory is people just don't eat enough. If you're getting stronger and eating enough you should gain size whether you're taking supps or not. In this case you may have to eat a little extra to compensate for the nutrient repartitioning of PM.

My diet was often undisciplined but I did not gain any fat, I actually became slightly smaller around the waist.

So PM is a solid product of that there is no doubt. I love the way I am at maximum volume 24/7. Strength size and recomp what else could you ask of it.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Ok now for the comparison between the same routine on Prime and on Prime and Pm

Front squats Prime 280 X 5 Prime and PM 310 X 5 PR
Only a little improvement on db inclines, shoulder does not get better with supps
Lat pulldown Prime 170 X 5 Prime and PM 190 X 5
Bent over rows 195 X 5 to 225 X 5 and PR
Push Press 140 X 5 to 155 X 5
Decline tri ext 110 to 125 X 5
Obar curls 135 X 5 to 145 X 5
Calf raise 145 to 155

So significant increases on all lifts.

I expected some strength gains but was surprised at the size increase. A lot of people mention they have difficulty gaining size on this compound or there doesn't seem to be much talk about size increase. My theory is people just don't eat enough. If you're getting stronger and eating enough you should gain size whether you're taking supps or not. In this case you may have to eat a little extra to compensate for the nutrient repartitioning of PM.

My diet was often undisciplined but I did not gain any fat, I actually became slightly smaller around the waist.

So PM is a solid product of that there is no doubt. I love the way I am at maximum volume 24/7. Strength size and recomp what else could you ask of it.
Good stuff Doug, really great numbers and another great log... now looking forward to my PM run post this month, i've got two bottles, a bottle of recreate, a packet of PSLIN and some TCF-1 at the ready... had originally toyed with the idea of adding the asteroid stack but not sure, will do some more reading first.

Any final thoughts on dosing protocols with PM? or use as directed and then adjust as necessary?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am looking forward to my Pink Magic run more than ever now... the sad part is it will be in the distant future. Damn injuries!!!! :(

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff Doug, really great numbers and another great log... now looking forward to my PM run post this month, i've got two bottles, a bottle of recreate, a packet of PSLIN and some TCF-1 at the ready... had originally toyed with the idea of adding the asteroid stack but not sure, will do some more reading first.

Any final thoughts on dosing protocols with PM? or use as directed and then adjust as necessary?
6/8 dosing is sufficient for PM...