AI Staples with some added Magic...

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Puts my very EXPENSIVE gym to shame and my gym makes the Major's look reasonable :(

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If finally happend I completely hit the wall on deads, I only put on 10 more lbs but it felt like 50 I got 3 reps and completely shut down. There are a lot of reasons for this, I am exhausted but the biggest reason is my legs are just dead and I use sumo. Without the drive from you're legs you are dead in the water.

Front squats 250 X 10 X 2 Had some trouble getting full depth at first but did ok on the second set which felt stronger.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 80 X 10 X 2
Lat pulldown 155X 10 X 2
Deads 315 X 3 Hit the wall, finished with 135 on bo row supine grip X 10 too bad my grip was like a vice with the chalk, legs just weren't there, plus seems to be a slight pull in my left hammy, been coming on for a bit but hadn't stopped me cold till now.
Push Press 130 X 10 X 2 only 8.5 on second set, I was feeling drained.
Decline Tri Extension 100 X 10 X 2 went well..
Obar curl 105 X 10 X 2 Was pissed by this time so I rocked it!
Calf raise 125 X 10 X 2

What can I say it all just caught up with me, my legs are screaming. Don't know if deads will work their way back in, not with my legs like this anyway.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's official, we now know that DW is in fact human! Sorry to hear that the wheels are letting you down DW... time to get some extra rest so they can recover and come back strong next week.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's official, we now know that DW is in fact human! Sorry to hear that the wheels are letting you down DW... time to get some extra rest so they can recover and come back strong next week.
Yah I will remove deads till the legs come back. The B.O. rows will still get it done. :thumbsup:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I SOOOOOOOOOO hear you on the legs issue DW!!!! I have been stuck at 315 since the surgery. I feel weak!!! Time for us old guys to heal!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I SOOOOOOOOOO hear you on the legs issue DW!!!! I have been stuck at 315 since the surgery. I feel weak!!! Time for us old guys to heal!!
Didn't make much sense though, crushing 305 for 10's then getting stuck with 3 on 315 and I've done 340 for 10 a month or so ago. It's the damage to the legs no doubt... still frustrating... puny human :chairshot:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that's a good plan when i am having trouble with an exercise I remove it then come back to it to test it out

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that's a good plan when i am having trouble with an exercise I remove it then come back to it to test it out
I was going over my old numbers for HST and man I am miles ahead on almost every lift. Can't really say that they are all personal records because I have a long history with some of these lifts except for front squats. Lets look at where I am with front squats, the max I planned for 10 reps last time I did HST was 230. I started 10 reps at 230!! I have already done 250 and that is probably a personal record but the 260 I will do tomorrow certainly will be. I have plans of going up to 280 for 10 reps which is 50 lbs over my last HST. :banana:

That's just a sample of how much heavier I am lifting, then you throw deads in on top of that. Is it any wonder I hit the wall....:crackhead: I normally do bent over rows.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was going over my old numbers for HST and man I am miles ahead on almost every lift. Can't really say that they are all personal records because I have a long history with some of these lifts except for front squats. Lets look at where I am with front squats, the max I planned for 10 reps last time I did HST was 230. I started 10 reps at 230!! I have already done 250 and that is probably a personal record but the 260 I will do tomorrow certainly will be. I have plans of going up to 280 for 10 reps which is 50 lbs over my last HST. :banana:

That's just a sample of how much heavier I am lifting, then you throw deads in on top of that. Is it any wonder I hit the wall....:crackhead: I normally do bent over rows.
Nice goal and I am sure you will hit it.:)

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I would say I told you so, on the old "you're being to to hard on yourself", but I won't....

Great numbers Doug, pretty sure you'll nail that goal...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice goal and I am sure you will hit it.:)
I know that I will set a PR for sure on 10's but by how much remains to be seen, fugger's getting heavy!!

Hmmm, I would say I told you so, on the old "you're being to to hard on yourself", but I won't....

Great numbers Doug, pretty sure you'll nail that goal...
Like I said I'm already way ahead of my normal pace so we'll see...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dang DW this log is getting intense. Gains are being made left and right. You doing a bang up job! I swear at times i look at your workouts and think to myself...if i ever lift with this beast will i be able to keep up? LOL yeah this youngin gots a longs way to go

Keep it up!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang DW this log is getting intense. Gains are being made left and right. You doing a bang up job! I swear at times i look at your workouts and think to myself...if i ever lift with this beast will i be able to keep up? LOL yeah this youngin gots a longs way to go

Keep it up!!
Thanks good of you to say, I am a little nuts and a little proud of that fact. I get to the point where I am about to break down though. Taking deads out for rows was a smart move.

That being said the 260 on front squats went very well this morning another personal record. Part of the lift belongs to God cuz I was prayin ...

Front squats 260 X 10 X 2 I knew I was going to rock it when I was a little off balance on the first set I had the strength to correct myself the second set was even better.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 85 X 10 X 2
Lat pulldown 160X 10 X 2
Bent over rows supine grip 145 X 10 X 2 Rocked it...
Push Press 135 X 10 X 2 more weight better result plenty of power
Decline Tri Extension 105 X 10 X 2 getting challenging
Obar curl 115 X 10 X 2 Oops was supposed to go up only 5 lbs went up 10 and killed it, a little bit of body English at the end of the second set.
Calf raise 130 X 10 X 2

Finished up with bar of death and ab workout. long walk home.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks good of you to say, I am a little nuts and a little proud of that fact. I get to the point where I am about to break down though. Taking deads out for rows was a smart move.

That being said the 260 on front squats went very well this morning another personal record. Part of the lift belongs to God cuz I was prayin ...

Front squats 260 X 10 X 2 I knew I was going to rock it when I was a little off balance on the first set I had the strength to correct myself the second set was even better.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 85 X 10 X 2
Lat pulldown 160X 10 X 2
Bent over rows supine grip 145 X 10 X 2 Rocked it...
Push Press 135 X 10 X 2 more weight better result plenty of power
Decline Tri Extension 105 X 10 X 2 getting challenging
Obar curl 115 X 10 X 2 Oops was supposed to go up only 5 lbs went up 10 and killed it, a little bit of body English at the end of the second set.
Calf raise 130 X 10 X 2

Finished up with bar of death and ab workout. long walk home.
Very nice job DW!!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DW I would like to hear your thoughts on this run of the Pink Magic; how does it compare to the beta that we ran? I am going to be starting mine very soon and would like to hear any observations you have. Curious what the increased dosage is going to be like.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
DW I would like to hear your thoughts on this run of the Pink Magic; how does it compare to the beta that we ran? I am going to be starting mine very soon and would like to hear any observations you have. Curious what the increased dosage is going to be like.
Me too!!!

I still have option 3 waiting in my cupboard at home, along with my next 4 weeks on swole and then my pp ph's which are on route

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me too!!!

I still have option 3 waiting in my cupboard at home, along with my next 4 weeks on swole and then my pp ph's which are on route
Funny how you guys should mention this, as I just realized I have been so focused in on the grind of my workouts that I have ommited going over the effect the supplements are having on other aspects.

First of all the training itself has been very ambitious and so it's safe to say the strength gains are there. Remember the last time I did HST I was on Prime and I have shattered some of those numbers already on PM and Prime. It's strange you don't feel that much stronger, you can just lift more. Certainly there are times when I feel bigger and stronger but during the workouts it is not obvious till the weight goes up. Strength gain is a 9/10 maybe higher, I'm not done yet... Oh and remember I am around 15-20 lbs lighter now and much stronger.

Muscle volume is nasty, I feel huge at times. Definitely another 9/10 there has been some increased vascularity but not like when I was cutting.

Recomp, despite having been very loose in my diet at times I feel I have leaned out slightly and my waist does seem a bit smaller.

Size, this is the biggest surprise, I have gotten visibly bigger. Arms, legs shoulders are all looking very large.

It's been such a grind like I said that it's just the six inches in front of my face, just getting enough energy together to get through the next workout. Every time I squat it's another PR, approaching PR's in other lifts now as well. Some lifts, it's been a very long time since I had this much power. I am so drained it's hard to enjoy it sometimes. My butt and legs hurt all the time. There is some added recovery in the stack or I would not have made it this far, some extra recovery since I started HGHPro again. Another big night again tonight.

I would say that this is definitely stronger for me than the beta but it's much different circumstances, it's obviously more consistant. It's very steady as she goes. Remember I am continuously pushing the envelope here every workout is beyond where I have gone before. That's 3 times a week of doing this so if I make it then rest assured the product is very solid. Remember the numbers I am comparing it to are Prime numbers or numbers made while on Prime. PM is the biggest difference maker number wise.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good doug, I know what you mean on the grind though, I feel pretty much the same about my log and realise that I haven't talked much about the products for a while, will have to sort that out.... I've been tempted to add the magic, but I think I'm gonna run it solo or at least as was stacked in the option 3 package.

I'll have to see when the PP stuff arrives and then try and workout when to run my first cycle of that, although I suspect I'm gonna have to leave that until the new year...

'tis very very tempting to add the magic to my swole / DAA stack starting Friday, the last thing I want to do is waste it, but my gut tells me it really could add a little magic so to speak

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good doug, I know what you mean on the grind though, I feel pretty much the same about my log and realise that I haven't talked much about the products for a while, will have to sort that out.... I've been tempted to add the magic, but I think I'm gonna run it solo or at least as was stacked in the option 3 package.

I'll have to see when the PP stuff arrives and then try and workout when to run my first cycle of that, although I suspect I'm gonna have to leave that until the new year...

'tis very very tempting to add the magic to my swole / DAA stack starting Friday, the last thing I want to do is waste it, but my gut tells me it really could add a little magic so to speak
Yah run them separate, more bang for the buck.

No pain no gain.:)
According to this, I should be making some very big gains.... :ugh2:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an off night last night, it got really hot and humid and by the time I got to the gym I was a bit toasted. I went up to 265 on front squats and wrapped my knees too tight and only get 5 reps, I remedied that and got 9 out of 10 reps on the second set.

Front squats 265 X 5, 265 X 9 it just felt very heavy, and my focus was off.. will try this weight again on thursday.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 90 X 10, 90 X 7 damn shoulder
Lat pulldown 165 X 10 X 2 last couple reps on the second set were rough and could feel the pull in my shoulder..
Bent over rows supine grip 155 X 10 X 2 getting challenging
Push Press 140 X 9, 140 X 7 I was reeling by this time just plain dead.
Decline Tri Extension 110 X 10 X 2 was a bit surprised how well this went on the first set the second was a battle.
Obar curl 120X 10 X 2 Body English at the end of the second set.
Calf raise 135 X 10 X 2

Not Terrible but not the power I am used to having. I was a bit de-hydrated as I was sweating so much anything I drank went right through me, I needed electrolytes. Oh and I must have walked about 12 miles yesterday, it's definitely a factor but I am trimming down a bit because of it.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an off night last night, it got really hot and humid and by the time I got to the gym I was a bit toasted. I went up to 265 on front squats and wrapped my knees too tight and only get 5 reps, I remedied that and got 9 out of 10 reps on the second set.

Front squats 265 X 5, 265 X 9 it just felt very heavy, and my focus was off.. will try this weight again on thursday.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 90 X 10, 90 X 7 damn shoulder
Lat pulldown 165 X 10 X 2 last couple reps on the second set were rough and could feel the pull in my shoulder..
Bent over rows supine grip 155 X 10 X 2 getting challenging
Push Press 140 X 9, 140 X 7 I was reeling by this time just plain dead.
Decline Tri Extension 110 X 10 X 2 was a bit surprised how well this went on the first set the second was a battle.
Obar curl 120X 10 X 2 Body English at the end of the second set.
Calf raise 135 X 10 X 2

Not Terrible but not the power I am used to having. I was a bit de-hydrated as I was sweating so much anything I drank went right through me, I needed electrolytes. Oh and I must have walked about 12 miles yesterday, it's definitely a factor but I am trimming down a bit because of it.
It was also very humid here for the end of Sept. I was like WTF when I was outside.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
man those are some strong numbers DW! love the 90's on the incline press!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man those are some strong numbers DW! love the 90's on the incline press!!!
And here me thinking that my shoulder is fuggin me up and my numbers are low :privateeye: I do do much better with db's though. Bench is a fuggin disaster...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was also very humid here for the end of Sept. I was like WTF when I was outside.
Never seen anything like it this late ... I could have used a quart of gatorade...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And here me thinking that my shoulder is fuggin me up and my numbers are low :privateeye: I do do much better with db's though. Bench is a fuggin disaster...
That is why I quit bench press four years ago just not good for my shoulder and I have long arms, I get just as good if not better chest development from other exercises. Dorian Yates talks a lot about why bench really is not the best exercise. if it works for you great, just does not work for myself, decline bench works my chest much better than bench. incline as well
(when shoulder is okay to do them)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is why I quit bench press four years ago just not good for my shoulder and I have long arms, I get just as good if not better chest development from other exercises. Dorian Yates talks a lot about why bench really is not the best exercise. if it works for you great, just does not work for myself, decline bench works my chest much better than bench. incline as well
(when shoulder is okay to do them)
I do get some good development from bench press but also have long arms. I had to make some adjustments to isolate the chest as I was a major front delt presser.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here today very muggy ARGGGGG.
94.7% humidity yesterday so you better believe I was prepared this time picked up some gatorade. On top of that it just rained and rained. On my way to the gym it was 50 minutes of hell...

Front squats 265 X 10 PR, 265 X 9 Truth be told the reps on the second set were what I was most proud of, reps 2 through 8 were done very well, I was feeling good power.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 95 X 7, 95 X 5 damn shoulder again when I start to get heavy it just folds.
Lat pulldown 170 X 10 X 2 better than tuesday, all good reps
Bent over rows supine grip 165 X 10 X 2 surpising power.
Push Press 145 X 8, 145 X 6 right about here I hit the wall.
Decline Tri Extension 115 X 10 X 115 X 8
Obar curl 125 X 9 X 125 X 7 .
Calf raise 140 X 10 X 2

I had some good power in the begining but I set a very hard pace and lost it near the end.. oh well on to 5's totally different dynamic.

The walk home was horrible as it was storm like conditions, think we must have set a record for rain.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
holy PR!!!! that is a great lift there Doug!!!! well done mate!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
holy PR!!!! that is a great lift there Doug!!!! well done mate!
Thanks... It's an increase of 35 lbs over the last time I did HST on Prime.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
94.7% humidity yesterday so you better believe I was prepared this time picked up some gatorade. On top of that it just rained and rained. On my way to the gym it was 50 minutes of hell...

Front squats 265 X 10 PR, 265 X 9 Truth be told the reps on the second set were what I was most proud of, reps 2 through 8 were done very well, I was feeling good power.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 95 X 7, 95 X 5 damn shoulder again when I start to get heavy it just folds.
Lat pulldown 170 X 10 X 2 better than tuesday, all good reps
Bent over rows supine grip 165 X 10 X 2 surpising power.
Push Press 145 X 8, 145 X 6 right about here I hit the wall.
Decline Tri Extension 115 X 10 X 115 X 8
Obar curl 125 X 9 X 125 X 7 .
Calf raise 140 X 10 X 2

I had some good power in the begining but I set a very hard pace and lost it near the end.. oh well on to 5's totally different dynamic.

The walk home was horrible as it was storm like conditions, think we must have set a record for rain.
I had to drive to NY yesterday and it was pouring rain. I hate driving on the highway when it is pouring as those huge trucks decide they are going to blow by you and throw huge amounts of water making it even harder to see well ARGGGG!!!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doug, what AI Sports Nutrition supplements are you using currently?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More nice work doug!!
Thanks down to 5's this week will post my workout early tomorrow, better day today.

I had to drive to NY yesterday and it was pouring rain. I hate driving on the highway when it is pouring as those huge trucks decide they are going to blow by you and throw huge amounts of water making it even harder to see well ARGGGG!!!!!
Dodged a couple waves coming from those guys coming across the Wellington bridge... fuggers...

Doug, what AI Sports Nutrition supplements are you using currently?
Always taking Cycle support, HGHPro, Motivate, got low on glycobol so going to restock and save it for cutting. I was using stoked but that supply got low and I am using formestane now. Stoked and Glycobol are on my next order.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much better workout now that I am using 5's some exercises were more challenging that I am comfortable with at this point in time with 5 more increases.

Front squats 275 X 5 X 2 felt heavy but good power here.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 95 X 5 X 2 Might not see many increases from here shoulder is just not taking the weight the way I would like.
Lat pulldown 165 X 5 X 2 owned.
Bent over rows supine grip 175 X 5 X 2 good sets
Push Press 140 X 5 X 2 Had some problems with the first set and got mad and owned the second.
Decline Tri Extension 105 X 5 X 2 owned
Obar curl 130X 5 X 2 Completely crushed this, it felt very light
Calf raise 130 X 5 X 2

Like I said going to have to really drive to make some of these lifts go up, I have not been able to go above 100 on incline db press since the injury so I wouldn't expect to get to much higher. Not going to risk re-injury for ego.

I got some good rest this weekend, my legs were a bit stiff yesterday but when I got up this morning they were better than last monday. Just to give you an idea, I walked 80 kilometers last week (about 50 miles). I trimmed down just a bit because my eating has been off on the weekends. I have to get that under control. I am getting away with it so far but I could have been pretty lean by now.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok just got caught up Doug and thanks for answering my earlier question above. You are moving some weight big guy, don't let the shoulder diminish the positive aspects of near constant PRs. I feel you on incline man, I have gone as high as 105 but my shoulders hate me after those days (it was actually on Pink Magic I did that too) so I can't do it anymore. I actually switched to decline/incline bench press now and I have less issues which is very surprising to me.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much better workout now that I am using 5's some exercises were more challenging that I am comfortable with at this point in time with 5 more increases.

Front squats 275 X 5 X 2 felt heavy but good power here.
Db incline press (30 degrees) 95 X 5 X 2 Might not see many increases from here shoulder is just not taking the weight the way I would like.
Lat pulldown 165 X 5 X 2 owned.
Bent over rows supine grip 175 X 5 X 2 good sets
Push Press 140 X 5 X 2 Had some problems with the first set and got mad and owned the second.
Decline Tri Extension 105 X 5 X 2 owned
Obar curl 130X 5 X 2 Completely crushed this, it felt very light
Calf raise 130 X 5 X 2

Like I said going to have to really drive to make some of these lifts go up, I have not been able to go above 100 on incline db press since the injury so I wouldn't expect to get to much higher. Not going to risk re-injury for ego.

I got some good rest this weekend, my legs were a bit stiff yesterday but when I got up this morning they were better than last monday. Just to give you an idea, I walked 80 kilometers last week (about 50 miles). I trimmed down just a bit because my eating has been off on the weekends. I have to get that under control. I am getting away with it so far but I could have been pretty lean by now.
Looking good DW.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok just got caught up Doug and thanks for answering my earlier question above. You are moving some weight big guy, don't let the shoulder diminish the positive aspects of near constant PRs. I feel you on incline man, I have gone as high as 105 but my shoulders hate me after those days (it was actually on Pink Magic I did that too) so I can't do it anymore. I actually switched to decline/incline bench press now and I have less issues which is very surprising to me.
I have issues with all chest exercises, it helps when the db's are closer together and it puts less stress on my shoulder.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
man Doug those are STILL some serious numbers my friend. Oh and I am loving that orange flavored cycle support!!! In some vanilla protein it is MONEY

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man Doug those are STILL some serious numbers my friend. Oh and I am loving that orange flavored cycle support!!! In some vanilla protein it is MONEY
Yah it's pretty decent tasting, if you had tried the previous versions of chocolate then you'd know what a miracle that really is. Used to be the absolute worst. Well it tasted precisely like vomit...:eek5:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
buahahahaha gratefully my friend I never had the pleasure!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
buahahahaha gratefully my friend I never had the pleasure!
Pleasure lol that's funny. I think it's the red rice yeast that causes most of the problem but it's not the only unpleasant element. This orange they use seems to be ideal for hiding the taste, pretty remarkable. The stuff works well too, I noticed a big improvement in prostate health and my supps just seem to work a bit better, I think it might be my liver is cleaner or healthier.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Pleasure lol that's funny. I think it's the red rice yeast that causes most of the problem but it's not the only unpleasant element. This orange they use seems to be ideal for hiding the taste, pretty remarkable. The stuff works well too, I noticed a big improvement in prostate health and my supps just seem to work a bit better, I think it might be my liver is cleaner or healthier.
agree. At first dose the smell REALLY threw me off. But when I tasted it I was VERY surprised! Don't know who made that, but I will continue to use for years to come!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agree. At first dose the smell REALLY threw me off. But when I tasted it I was VERY surprised! Don't know who made that, but I will continue to use for years to come!!
Yah don't smell it... lol it smells like it used to taste..:eek5: