The New & Improved GREEN BULGE (sponsored)

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Here's some motivation for you, my man!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Do you hold something for balance when you sissy squat? I superset them with leg press high reps, its very unpleasant.
    Yes I've been placing my left hand against a wall and holding a 25lb plate on my chest, I try to do it without my hand on the wall but I can't go as deep...

Appreciate the pic Iron!!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Shoulder day...

Another busy day for me... had to struggle to find time to lift, and I was planning on eating a ton today, but I couldn't find time to cook very much. But that just means tomorrow I will have a lot to eat.

Shoulders, Traps, & Core:

Standing BB Press - @ 125 x 10, 135 x 8, 145 x 6, 155 x 3,1

DB Shrugs - @ 75 x 12,12,12,11

Bent Laterals - @ 25 x 8,8,8

10 minutes of core work - mostly planks and hanging leg raises

Side Laterals - @ 25 (plates) x 10,10,9 superset w/
    Clean and Press - @ 105 x 8,5,3

Comments:

I was pumped after this workout, I looked more vacular than I can ever remember being during my workout too. The harderst thing was finishing with the clean and presses. That 105 lbs felt like 150 when I was done. I struggled to finish with a push press type lift. Needless to say my shoulders were beat...

Post workout I had some milk and whey. I got some more of my eggs fresh of the farm today, so I'll have eggs for like a week, maybe a little bit more. I had stuff to do this morning at 7 and I freakin forgot to set my alarm clock, so I got up at 6:30. Didn't have anytime to make anything, but I managed to grab a tub of peanut butter and a banana before I left the house. Tonight I had to go out to eat at a really good fajita spot. I had some charro beans, chicken, steak meat, and some guacamole. It was sooo good...

Tomorrow I will try to hit back and biceps...
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Looking good bud. I havent done cleans in forever it seems. Pretty pleased with this supp so far?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Looking good bud. I havent done cleans in forever it seems. Pretty pleased with this supp so far?
    Oh yeah, pretty impressed. I've lost around 5 lbs and my strength is going up on most lifts, that's all I can hope for.

I miss doing full power cleans, they used to be my bread and butter back in high school, I might throw some in soon!!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Back/Bicep Day

Today was a back day, and I was nervous about deadlifting. I wasn't sure I would be able to pull anything, or not much weight. I figured I would just go as hard as I thought I could...

Back & Bicpes:

Deadlifts - @ 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 10, 255 x 5, 275 x 5,5,5

Weighted Chin Ups - BW+20 x 8,7,5,5

DB Rows - @ 75 x 5,5,5 superset w/
    EZ bar curls - @ 100 x 4,4,4

Wide Grip Pull Ups - BW x 8,6,5,5 supset w/
    Hammer Curls - @ 25 x 12,12,12,12 superset w/
    DB Pull overs - @ 55 x 10,10,10,10

Comments:
    This session was a lot later in the day than I usually lift but it didn't seem to effect me. I was siked about being able to deadlift pain free, off course I didn't pull that heavy of weight, I was just being cautious but I still put in some work. My biceps were pumped during the whole workout and by lats were on fire when I was repping those pull overs. I hadn't done them in awhile and they felt good.

Post workout I had some milk, whey, and 2 eggs. Then I followed it up with a small steak and some black beans with a lot of greens. I got in a good amount of food today. Two steaks, 2 cans of tuna, one shake w/ peanut butter, about 12 eggs, and a turkey burger patty with various veggies throughout the day. I also had picked up some blackberries yesterday and they are really good. They might become regulars in my fridge! Tomorrow is an off day, I hope, but it might be too hard to resist...
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.58%

Nice w\o J, glad to here about the pain free deads. You dropped five lbs that is awesome bro. I have been recomping but the last week or two, I been a big cheater. So crazy at my house with preggers wife and complete home remodel going on. I stalled out so far at 215 lbs.
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Indeed, nice workout, J!

Also, congrats dedlifter! I was unaware that your wife is with child. That's awesome news, my friend!
    Are you doing the remodeling yourself? And what exactly are you having done/doing?
  9. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.22%

Looking good JD
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Appreciate it fellas!!!

Congrats ded!!
    I know what you mean with the home remodeling, I've been helping my Dad do his house the last few weeks but it has been fun. I pulled his carpet up a few days ago and then we painted some walls and the ceiling some yesterday, but I got the day off today!

Today is a straight rest day, gonna eat like a champ!! I just had a pretty big steak with some fresh collard greens and I'm sure there is much more to come!!!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Indeed, nice workout, J!

Also, congrats dedlifter! I was unaware that your wife is with child. That's awesome news, my friend!
    Are you doing the remodeling yourself? And what exactly are you having done/doing?
    Yeah man she is due in three weeks!!!! A bouncing baby girl!!! I am adding 500 sq ft to my home, all master bedroom. I framed it with my father, and did all work so far except electrical and heating. Plus I am having the house painted, new landscaping, and three months ago I remodeled the kitchen and painted the whole interior, and remodeled my other daughters room. As of now, I have three new sets of furniture to assemble as well. My days never end, but its all good. My house was built in 1909 so its like "this old house" over here with all the projects going on.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah man she is due in three weeks!!!! A bouncing baby girl!!! I am adding 500 sq ft to my home, all master bedroom. I framed it with my father, and did all work so far except electrical and heating. Plus I am having the house painted, new landscaping, and three months ago I remodeled the kitchen and painted the whole interior, and remodeled my other daughters room. As of now, I have three new sets of furniture to assemble as well. My days never end, but its all good. My house was built in 1909 so its like "this old house" over here with all the projects going on.
    dang that's crazy , you are a busy man ded!!! going to be even busier soon!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Chest

Got a good start to the weekend today, but I had limited time to lift this morning but it still went down!! I had a nice breakfast with 4 scrambled egss, half of a steak, and an assortment of berries, with some raw honey. Then about 45 min later I took all 5 Green Bulge and went on my way.

Chest/Triceps:

Bench - @ 165 x 10,10,10,8,6,6,5,4

DB Extensions - @ 75 x 10,9,8,8

"Fly" Dips - BW x 8,6,5,5

Comments:

I was on timed rest intervals today, only 30 seconds between every set. I was very winded after but I felt good. I failed hard on the 4th set of bench, and the bar got stuck on my chest, but I just let the plates slide off one side and it was good. That was the only time when I had to use a little bit more than 30 seconds to get back under the bar. The fly dips felt different, I had seen them on tmuscles "best of chest" article and I just felt like trying them out. I think I was just so fatigued and couldn't crank out any more reps though, but they are probably still harder than regular dips.

Post workout I had milk, whey, and two eggs. I had a bowl of chicken and rice with broccoli and carrots ready for me when I left. A little while later I had a nice size steak with an avacado, then I had a large turkey burger. Now I finally get to relax and watch the US in Gold Cup play Haiti. I might go somewhere to watch UFC100 tonight, but I doubt it...
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Legs

Today was a leg day, it was the first time I did regular back squats since I strained my back. I didn't want to go to heavy, but I think I hit them hard. I ate some eggs, black beans, and berries for breakfast, then 45 minutes later I took the Green Bulge, then I waited 30 minutes to go lift.

Legs:

Squats - @ 225 x 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5

Stiff Leg Deads - @ 135 x 10, 155 x 8,7,7

Standing DB Calf Raises - @ 50 x 20,20,20,20,20

Comments:

I got my milk, whey, and eggs post workout. Then I ate some turkey with some peas and potatoes from the garden. Now I got some steaks and fish on the grill that I'm gonna get into in a few minutes! My legs are sore now, but I feel good, they were shaking before I finishes up on the last set of squats. I was only taking minimal breaks between sets, all but the last two were way under a minute.

Tomorrow I may go hit shoulder, or I might just take the day off. I think I got a few days left on Green Bulge, but I'm still loving it!!
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.58%

Looking good buddy!!!!
  16. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.22%

Looking good buddy!!!!
    Definitely !

IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks guys!!

I was too busy to update yesterday's workout, but it went well. I did shoulders/traps/core, and in the evening I played basketball for about 2 hours. I would say I ate around my maintence amount yesterday. This included 2 steaks, 1 can of chicken breast, 1 can of tuna, about 7-8 eggs, a lot of berries, a lot of broccoli, wheat germ, two protein shakes w/ peanut butter, and I think I am forgetting something... I have two days left off Green Bulge including today. Today is an off day, I have tons of work to do and do not even think I could squeeze in a session.

Yesterday's Session
    Shoulder/Traps/Core:

Standing BB Shoulder Press - @ 125 x 10, 135 x 10,10,8,5,3

Bent laterals - @ 25 x 10,10,9,8 superset w/
    BB Shrugs - @ 205 x 8,8,6,5 superset w/
    Leaning Side laterals - @ 20 x 8,8,8,6

Core Work for 10 min - planks, hanging leg/knee raises, DB side bends

Arnold Press - @ 50 x 10,7,3 superset w/
    High Pulls - @120 x 7,5,4

Comments:

I was impresses by this workout for sure! The 135 barbell press felt light as could be for the first few sets, I would have thought it would be much more difficult. The shrugs were hard and the leaning side laterals were tough too. I went almost to failue for the arnold press and high pulls, well I went until my shoulders were burning so bad that I just had to drop the weight.

Post workout I got my usual whey,milk, and eggs. Then after I got a large bowl of peas and potatoes and chicken (thats what I forgot to add). I am very impressed by the strenght gains so far from the Green Bulge, the weight just is feeling lighter than it should you know? I only have today and tomorrow left and tomorrow will be a back/biceps workout. After this I will take updated pics and post a final review! Oh and I weighed in this morning at 207, I think that is up a pound from the last weigh in, which is suprsising since last night I played ball for 2 hours. Also last night I was dunking extremely easy, I put a few in vertically, one handed though. I was sad that I didn't get a chance to throw one down during a game
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.58%

lookin good J, you have some serious meals in there bro!!
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yep yep, got to keep the food intake up with all of this running around that I have been doing, and it continued today... but I did get to sit in the movies for like 3 hours watching Harry Potter. I just think Emma Watson is hot...

My last day off Green Bulge!!! I finished it up with a back/biceps day. I got to lift after breakfast which was 5 scrambled eggs, black beans, and a sliced tomatoe. Then an hour later I took my last 5 Green Bulge, waited for 30 minutes and went out the door.

Back & Biceps:

Snatch Grip Deadlifts - @ 285 x 5, 295 x 3, 305 x 3, 335 x 1,1,1

Wide Grip Pull Ups - BW + 35 x 3,3,3,3,3,3,2

Incline Hammer Curls - @ 35 x 5,5,5,5

Bent Rows - @ 135 x 10, 155 x 7, 175 x 3

DB Rows - @ 65 x 8,7,3 superset w/
    Alt DB Curls - @ 35 x 8,8,6

Comments:

Today I was keeping my rest between sets as short as possible, and I was beat after it. The hardest thing was pulling those 335 snatch deadlifts, I just kept good form, bit my lip, and pulled. On the last superset I didn't even take a break from the second set. Once I was down I just sat on a bench for a few minutes breathing hard.

Post workout I only had milk and whey, then I ate a steak, broccoli, and peas. Throughout the rest of the day I ate two cans of tuna with carrots, a turkey patty with a tomatoe, a few scoops of natty p butter, and now I think I'm going for a caesin shake. I'll post a final review tomorrow along with some pics!!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.58%

Sounds awsome bro, seems like strength is up too no?
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Green Bulge - Final Review

Well after a short 30 days my run with the reformulated Green Bulge has finally come to an end.

Strength: definite increase in stength with Green Bulge. I would say that after the first week I started to notice an increase in strenght. The weight was increasing along with the reps in almost all of my lifts (except for the ones that I was affected by my back strain). By the last week I noticed really was aware of how light weight that I used to think was heavy was now not so heavy.
    Grade: A

Endurance: When I started this log I was taking around 2 minutes of rest between most of the "big" lifts (bench, squat, deadlift, standing shoulder press). After a week I was still using this amount of time, but it felt uneccessary. So from that point on I was cutting my rest time back to 1:30, to 1:00, and then to under 1:00. During the reduced breaks I did not notice any decrease in my performance, it was the exact opposite- weight and reps were increasing.
    Grade: A+

Recovery: I did not notice any increased recovery while using Green Bulge from what I am use to. After a hard leg day, my legs would be sore. Maybe for a day, and I might have even felt them the next day too. I am not knocking Green Bulge, I just did not notice any enhanced recovery while on Green Bulge.
    Grade: C

Hardness: I also did not notice any increased hardness with my muscles.
    Grade: C

Pump: I did notice a "pump" on most days with Green Bulge. This took place on the days when I would take 45 or more minutes to wait to start lifting after I dosed GB. I also did notice a pump on days when I would not wait that long, but it came in more towards the middle of my workout and it did not seem as pronounced as when I would wait.
    Grade: B+

Recomp Ability: This was my favorite attribute of Green Bulge. Over the 30 day run I managed to lose 5 pounds. I would have thought that my strength would have dropped off, but it increased. You might not be able to tell from the pics, but a few people have told me that I look bigger than I did a month ago.
    Grade: A+

In closing I would recommend Green Bulge to anyone looking for a killer creatine to run for a month or even longer. It is a super value compaired to many other creatine products out there, and the qualtiy ingredients really put GB over the top!

I would like to say thanks to everyone at Controlled Labs, and to everyone who followed along with me!! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.58%

looking good bro!! Sounds like all in all, a good solid product. I havent used many CL products other than white flood, maybe i give it a shot.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

looking good bro!! Sounds like all in all, a good solid product. I havent used many CL products other than white flood, maybe i give it a shot.
    I used White Flood awhile back with Green Mag too, but the flavor was too much for me
  24. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.85%

Nice job on your log and great final review Jay!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 06:03 PM
  2. Replies: 188
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 12:23 AM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 07:18 PM