The New & Improved GREEN BULGE (sponsored)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    J, do you go ATG on squats? Sometimes if you block under your heels and go atg it will help with your back not rounding out at the bottom, therefore alleviating back strain. That post wo feast sounds delicious!!!
    Yep I go ATG on my squats, I also occasionally use a flat 2" X 4" under my heels while squating and I think it does help. But I think what happened is I read an article on tnation by either Thibadeaux or Waterbury about how you should warm up with a "heavy weight" for a few reps. I tried to this on the squats and I warmed up with 255 for 2 reps twice, then did 5 and moved to 265. Usually I would start with like 165 for 10 reps, 225 for like 5 or 6, then start with the working sets. I do not think I will ever do that "heavy" warm up again.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Chest/Tri's

This morning I started my new routine with some chest and triceps. I had a breakfast of 5 scrambled eggs, blue berries, wheat germ, and a scoop of natty peanut butter. Then 30 minutes later I swallowed the 5 Green Bulge and got ready:

Chest/Tricep:

Bench Press - @ 180 x 8, 190 x 6, 200 x 4,3,2 - 165 x 6

DB extensions - @ 65 x 10, 85 x 6,5 - 65 x 8

Incline DB Press - @ 65 x 8,8,8,8,8

Dips - BW + 35 x 7,5 +45 x 3,4,4

Close grip bench press - @ 155 x 7

Push ups/ BW Dips - 25 reps each - back and forth until completed

Comments:

I was somewhat satisfied with my work today. The only real complained is the lack of poundage on the incline DB presses. I was trying to get the 75's but I couldn't even push them up for the first rep. I don't know what happened, I might have been fatigued from the bench though. My tri's were pumped when doing the dips, I was pausing at the bottom then exploding up and I feeling good.

Post workout I had my usual shake with chocolate milk, whey, & eggs. Then I had to run to Whole Foods for some things and I picked up a breakfast burrito with bacon and eggs which I ate when I got home with some chicken and a small serving of brown rice and broccoli.

I got a question for anybody, do you think I should work shoulders on a seperate day? Maybe like shoulders, some direct trap work, and maybe some core work all in one session?

I had to go watch Transformers yesterday, and I fell asleep about 30 minutes into it and woke up with like 45 minutes to go in the movie.
  3. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Nice workout J, for your chest w/o try to use the 70lbs before jumping to the 75's those can be a bitch w/o a spotter so be careful when using those heavier weights, you should look at finishing off with DB or machine flyes, I always finish off my chest w/o that wayand I get a killer pump.

You should do your shoulders on a different day, if you're doing a 4 split do shoulders and traps together.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    Nice workout J, for your chest w/o try to use the 70lbs before jumping to the 75's those can be a bitch w/o a spotter so be careful when using those heavier weights, you should look at finishing off with DB or machine flyes, I always finish off my chest w/o that wayand I get a killer pump.

You should do your shoulders on a different day, if you're doing a 4 split do shoulders and traps together.
    Yep sometimes I use some fly's as a finisher and I love getting the burn/pump from them!! I guess I'll just make it 4 day split with an exclusive shoulder day.

Hey DF you watching the US & Brasil game tomorrow? I'm gonna be busy all day from morning to night, I don't think I'm going to get a chance to watch it. US will probably lose, but I wouldn't be suprised if they did what they did against Espana. Without Bradley in the mid it will be even tougher.
  5. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    Yep sometimes I use some fly's as a finisher and I love getting the burn/pump from them!! I guess I'll just make it 4 day split with an exclusive shoulder day.

Hey DF you watching the US & Brasil game tomorrow? I'm gonna be busy all day from morning to night, I don't think I'm going to get a chance to watch it. US will probably lose, but I wouldn't be suprised if they did what they did against Espana. Without Bradley in the mid it will be even tougher.
    if you are doing a 3 day split you do something like chest/tris/bis, legs/calf's/traps, back/shoulders/abs, theres many ways mix and match this is just one example evaluate to see what can work better for you.

I did not know they're playing tomorrow, I'll tivo it and watch it if i get a chance but I already have a long queue of shows to watch
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Looking good bro. I dont know about that heavy warm up thing either,sounds fishy to me. Dude you should add in JM presses to your tri w\o they are brutal to say the least. I superset them with one arm tates.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Thanks for advice DF and ded! Always much appreciated!

Aren't JM presses like a combo of a skullcrusher and a close grip benchpress? I think I read something on tnation about best tricep stuff and it was on it, or it might have been called a "california press" or I might just have everything miexed up lol

Today is an off day, I already swallowed my Green Bulge in the morning. I was lucky to get a break today from my schedule, just a short hour though. Not enough time to watch the soccer game. I think I'll stick to a four day split with off days whenever I feel that they are needed. My next workout tomorrow will probably be a leg day again. I want to get in some front squats w/o a heavy warm up this time. Seriously now that I think about it, I never should have tried that.

I hope you all have a nice Sunday!!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

man ded those tate's look interesting, just checked a vid on youtube, I may try them
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Yeah, the tates are only effective for me when i supperset them with something more compound-ish. jm's are the rocks buddy, give em a try and tell me about the DOMS!!!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Today was a leg day, I had fewer days to recover from my last one but I still went all out. I had stuff to do this morning and couldn't lift first thing. I lifted after lunch which was just some chopped up chicken thighs, quinoa, and broccoli. Then about a half hour later I took all 5 Green Bulge and got ready...

Leg Day:

Front Squats - @ 165 x 8,8,8,8 205 x 2,2,2

Stiff Leg Deads - @ 135 x 10,10,10 155 x 8,8

Standing Barbell Calf Raises - @ 185 x 12,12,12,12,12,12

Barbell Lunges - @ 85 x 8,9,8 (each leg) superset w/
    Sissy Squats - BW+25 x 10,10,10

Comments:

It felt weird trying to front squat 205. This is the most I have ever tried and it was killing my hands (I hold the bar clean style). The first set felt like a warm up, I was unaccustomed to doing that much weight. Then the next two sets just felt heavy. The stiff legs were brutal. I had laid off them for awhile and now I'm soooo weak doing them. Now I got to get them back up badly. I probably should have done some more sets though..

Post workout I had my usual stuff; chocolate milk, whey, and eggs. I got some potatoes baking with a steak about to be cooked on the skillet. I am going to be busy the rest of the day sucks, tomorrow I got a shoulders, traps, core day to look forward too!!!!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

I dont like front squatting much either. I like sissy squats preformed with dbs. When I do front squat tho, i take straps and wrap them around the bar, then hold the straps instead of the bar ( in the same position on the clavicle.) Its hard to explain, but its effective.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

I dont like front squatting much either. I like sissy squats preformed with dbs. When I do front squat tho, i take straps and wrap them around the bar, then hold the straps instead of the bar ( in the same position on the clavicle.) Its hard to explain, but its effective.
    Hey ded do you hold the DB's behind you when you sissy squat? I think I can kind of visualize what you are talking about with the straps on the front squat. Are the straps wrapped your wrists or are you just holding them?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Shoulder day

This afternoon was the first time I have worked shoulder pretty much solo in a lonnngggg time. I did some shrugs to, which I haven't done in forever either. I ate an egg burrito with cheese and onions, and some goat milk and keifer for breakfast. Then I had a small chicken breast and a little bit of quinoa pre workout. Then 30 minutes later I took all 5 Green Bulge and I waited a little longer than usual to lift. I would typically wait around 30 minutes to lift, but today I waited closer to 50 minutes and I was felt pumped a lot faster when I started lifting. Usually I would feel it sometime into my workout, but today I was feeling it as soon as I started lifting.

Shoulder/Traps/Core:

Standing Barbell Press - @ 125 x 10,10,8,6,5,5,4

Side Laterals - @ 25 x 10,10,8,8 superset w/
    Behind the Back Shrugs - @ 185 x 10,8,8,8

About 10 minutes of core work - mainly Ab wheels & planks

DB Shoulder Press - @ 55 x 16 followed up w/
    Upright Rows - @ 90 x 12

Comments:

It felt weird doing only shoulder today, but I had fun. I was hoping to get 4 sets of 10 w/ 125 lbs on the barbell presses but I couldn't get it. The shrugs really got my traps burning, I held them at the top for a good count or two and by the last set they were on fire. The core stuff was tough and I got a good sweat going then. I decided to finish up with some db shoulder presses and upright rows to just make sure I was done. Doing 16 reps w/ 55 lb db's surprised me, I guess I had more left in the tank than I thought, then I got 12 reps on the upright row w/ 90 lbs.

Post workout I had just plain milk, whey, and eggs. I ran out of chocolate milk yesterday. Then I ate a big plate of potatoes and a nice size angus steak. I might take tomorrow off, but I don't know yet. If I do lift it will be a back/biceps day!!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Yeah, I hold one Db behind my back with the sissy squats, and I use the other arm for balance. I getting close to being able to try using two Dbs, but that is hard as hell. The straps are wrapped around the bar with the front squat, then i am holding the strap. Dont sweat the standing BB press, you get it next time for sure!
  15. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

good work J, you're doing great... technically you did shoulders and traps, when I do traps I'll 2 out of these DD shrugs, front and back BB.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

good work J, you're doing great... technically you did shoulders and traps, when I do traps I'll 2 out of these DD shrugs, front and back BB.
    Thanks for the support DF!! I did feel the traps this morning, a little soreness..

Today was bad day for me though Well it wasn't all bad. It started off normal, had some eggs, fruit, honey, and keifer for breakfast. Then a chicken breast and some rice a little later. Then 30 minutes later I got all 5 Green Bulge and hit the gym 30 minutes after that. Today was back/biceps day and I was pumped. I could feel the Green Bulge as I was warming up with some pull ups and moved onto some deads. I warmed up with 135, then 185, then 245, put then as I pulled my first rep I felt my middle left side back tighten up, just like what happened when I was squating last week. So then I tried to do some rack pulls from knee level and it didn't hurt. I did some sets at 275 for 10+ reps then at 305 for 8-10 reps. After that I went to do some weighted wide grip pull ups. Then I went on to reverse curls with an ez bar at 85 lbs. As I was going to do my first set my left side tightened up and I was kind of stuck. It felt like I was cramped up real bad. I called it a day and hobbled back to my house in pain. I took a hot shower and put a heat bad on it. Then I iced it later, and I'm about to heat it again. It still hurts, but I can deal with it.
    I think I will take a day or two off, then I'll test it very cautiously in the next few days. This SUCKS!!

17. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

give your back a little rest, let it heal before you workout your back again!
  18. Banned

Agreed. Time is the cure for almost anything... except for death, because that mother f*cker waits for no man.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Agreed. Time is the cure for almost anything... except for death, because that mother f*cker waits for no man.
    for sure guys
  20. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I'm still getting over a cold from last week and its a tough balance working out when you're sick on injured... if you get in the zone and start pushing hard for those pumps you'll make the situation worst, take a couple days off or more to recover, get well!
  21. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I'm still getting over a cold from last week and its a tough balance working out when you're sick on injured... if you get in the zone and start pushing hard for those pumps you'll make the situation worst, take a couple days off or more to recover, get well!
    Its frustrating missing the gym, but I've tried ignoring it and never clearing the cold for the 2-3 weeks. Sometimes it's better just to take 3 solid days off and completely recover. Hope to hear you're 110% soon!
  22. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I hear you on that, been there done that before, last winter I had a little cold and cough that would not go away for weeks I finally decided to take a few days off and before i noticed it was gone, time off the gym is just as important
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Take it easy with the back J, i am prone to that same injury, its probably no big deal but give it a rest or it might be ya know.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Extra recovery day...

This morning I hit the gym with one of my friends that could get me into his gym. I wasn't planning on lifting and I didn't. I strethced out for awhile and did a few pull ups, then spotted him the rest of the time. We had fun, and he has made some tremendous gains since the last time we lifted. Hopefully I will be able to lift tomorrow. The pain is letting up for the most part, the only time that I can feel it is when I reach out to grab something that is out of arms length and have to bend my back. Other than that everything is fine, hope eveyone has a safe and fun fourth of July!!!!

25. IBE/PHF Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.

but I think tomorrow or whenever it comes out I will have to go watch that new transformers movie w/ Megan Fox

The other girl towards the beginning of the movie when the kid left for college was SMOKIN' HOT.

IMO, she looked hotter than Megan Fox, lol.

Pics of her online aren't the greatest but she looked bangin' in the movie !
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    The other girl towards the beginning of the movie when the kid left for college was SMOKIN' HOT.

IMO, she looked hotter than Megan Fox, lol.

Pics of her online aren't the greatest but she looked bangin' in the movie !
    Are you talking about the fake bot girl A? If so yes she was frickin hot! Especially when she making out with the main guy on his bed...

There are tons of people out here popping fire works, after everyone was told about the burn ban and and a $500 fine if you do lol....
  27. IBE/PHF Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.

Are you talking about the fake bot girl A? If so yes she was frickin hot! Especially when she making out with the main guy on his bed...

There are tons of people out here popping fire works, after everyone was told about the burn ban and and a $500 fine if you do lol....
    Yes, her !!

I love when hottttt girls like that are aggressive like she was in T:2

I think her name is Isabel Lucas. Googling pic's of her does no justice to what she looked like in the movie, lol.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Who is this girl?
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    Yes, her !!

I love when hottttt girls like that are aggressive like she was in T:2

I think her name is Isabel Lucas. Googling pic's of her does no justice to what she looked like in the movie, lol.
    true, she looks a lot better in the movie than in the pics I just saw on google... but she still looks good in them though...

here is a pic I saw from the movie

30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Chest day

Yesterday was an off/recovery day, I ate real good, had some steaks and fish at my buddies house , then the same thing later at my Dad's. Oh yeah and I had some really good avocados. This morning I had a leftover steak with some black beans and carrots. Before that I took a 30 minute walk this morning as soon as I woke up. Two hours after breakfast I had a small whey shake with a few scoops of peanut butter, then 15 minutes later all 5 Green Bulge, then 30 minutes later I started lifting.

Chest/Triceps:

DB Incline Press (45 degree angle/30 degree angle) - @ 65 10/8, 10/8, 8/5, 6/4

Dips - +35 x 9, +50 x 5,5 + 55 x 2

Close grip bench - @165 x 5,5,3,2

Bench Press - @205 x 3,2,1

Standing EZ extension - @ 80 x 8,6,5 superset w/
    Fly's - @40 x 8,8,8

Comments:
    My chest is still burning after this one. I was siked I on almost all of my lifts today and I didn't feel any back pain today. The dips were a motha and so was the close grip bench. I was hoping to knock out a set of 5 at 205 on the bench too. I am so hungry now

Post workout I had some milk, whey, and no eggs (all out). I got one more leftover steak, but I want to save it for tonight, so I'm going to go with some tuna or salmon with some rice. So far I leaning out nicely and I think my strength is going up on most exercises. I'm going to try to get a nap in after I eat too. Nothing much to do today...
  31. IBE/PHF Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.

true, she looks a lot better in the movie than in the pics I just saw on google... but she still looks good in them though...

here is a pic I saw from the movie

Even that one doesn't do her justice haha. But sick workout my man !

I'll be starting my GB log soon
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

I know she still looks a lot better on the big screen, especially the IMAX lol.

I'll be looking forward to the log!!
  33. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

how many days are you in to your log and for how long you running this cycle for?

oh, nice workout bty!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Workout looks great J, Keep up the good work! I dont know if she is hotter than megan fox.......she is certainly no jurgita!!!!!!
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

how many days are you in to your log and for how long you running this cycle for?

oh, nice workout bty!
    I got one bottle and I'm a little bit more than half way through it!! Thanks DF!!

Workout looks great J, Keep up the good work! I dont know if she is hotter than megan fox.......she is certainly no jurgita!!!!!!
    She does seem a lot hotter in the movie though...
  36. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Even death is afraid of you!
  37. IBE/PHF Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg487

She does seem a lot hotter in the movie though...
    100% agreed. The minute I saw her in the movie I was like

38. Banned

Hehehee!
    Indeed. I keep him busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Even death is afraid of you!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Another leg day

Man I was super busy today, just glad it is almost ever... still didn't want to test my back too much...

Legs:

Front Squats - @165x 10, 175 x 8,8,8 185 x 6 135 x 10

Leg Curls - @ 65 x 8,8 75 x 5 superset w/
    Standing BB Calf Raises - @ 185 x 15 205 x 12,12

Reverse Lunge elevated - 2 25 DB's x 6,6,6 superset w/
    Split Squat - 2 25 DB's x 6,6,6

Sissy Squats - 25 plate x 15

Comments:
    I was exhausted after this one, and I was having trouble focusing with this crew fixing a water line right across the street. It seemed like every time I was getting ready for a set they would make some random really loud noise. It was all good though, had to get that water back on. My legs were shot too, and I had to walk around after this for awhile which was not very fun.

Post Workout was some milk and whey, then a big bowl of tuna and a bowl of oatmeal. I got to relax for awhile, then my friends called me up to play basketball. It couldn't be any other day but leg day?? Well we played for about 2.5 hours and we only had 12 people playing and I was picked like every game. By the end of it I was sooo hungry and beat up. I was getting out jumped and out ran by guys who were way shorter and way slower. Luckily my jumper was falling and my timing seemed on so I picked up a handful of nice blocks. I'm still tired from the pick up though, I just really want to go to bed...
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Do you hold something for balance when you sissy squat? I superset them with leg press high reps, its very unpleasant.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 04:03 PM
  2. Replies: 188
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 06:10 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 10:23 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 05:18 PM