The New & Improved GREEN BULGE (sponsored)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
New and Improved GREEN BULGE

check out the new Green Bulge right here: Green Bulge (150 caps) By: Controlled Labs

Special thanks to my man RenegadeRows for putting me down with a bottle of the new Green Buldge!!!

I have used the old Green Bulge about two years ago. Matter-of-fact, Green Bulge was the first creatine product that I ever used. Right now I am sitting at 211 lbs, down 6 pounds in the last month. My strength has remained where it was; I just lost a little bit of fat off my waist.

Training:

On most mornings I head outside and do some form of cardio. I mix it up with some sprint intervals, jogging, jump roping, and even just some walking. It depends on how I feel and what I got going on that day, or what I did the previous day.

I don’t follow any strict training protocol right now. I am just lifting based on feel. Some days I might go heavy (like 8 X 3 or something like that) or light (4 X 15 or more). I even throw in some random days with some latters, rest pause, static holds, & other fun stuff like that.

Every few workouts I will run some sprints or jump rope for like 5 minutes following my workouts.

Diet:

If I’m going out for some early morning cardio I get some BCAA’s & a green tea cap right before I exit the door.

Typical day’s food (not like this everyday):
1st meal – 4-6 whole eggs, veggies, usually some kind of meat (either chicken or steak), and a scoop or two of natty peanut butter
2nd meal (post workout) – chicken or steak, quinoa/oatmeal, veggies, & various other stuff
3rd meal – some kind of meat & veggies, or peanut butter and raw local honey
4th meal – usually a shake w/ a scoop of casein/whey protein, raw eggs, & a banana
5th meal – same as meal 3
6th meal – casein shake w/ raw eggs, natty peanut butter/string cheese, scoop of coconut oil

Supplements:

Pre-workout: 5 Green Bulge, some bulk BCAA’s, green tea cap
Intra-workout: water as of now (in the process of picking out a new intra product)
Post-workout: (as of now) some chocolate milk, 2 raw eggs, ½ scoop of whey

Around 10 fish oil spread out through the day, 2-4 uni-liver w/ every meal, multi in the morning, extra zinc, extra Vitamin D, extra beta carotene, NOW super enzymes a few times a day, and a scoop of Toco-8 at night.

Current Pics:

Focus:

My main focus during this 30 day run will be on gaining strength while maintaining my weight, which is right at 211. My recent best lifts have been: deadlifting 325 for 5 reps, squating 275 for 5 reps, and DB pressing 100 for 4 reps.

I will be posting my workouts, an overview of my daily meals, and anything else that I think is relevant to the log! Feel free to make any suggestions/comments you would like too guys!!!! It all starts tomorrow, but I think I will just be doing some early morning cardio though...

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
First in... its time for Jay to turn in to HULK!!!!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Day 1!!

Alright this morning woke up quick at about 6, lolzz

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywmMO8iilaE"]YouTube - Eazy E-Boyz n the hood[/ame]

but yeah woke up, took a serving of BCAA's, 1 nutra green tea cap, and all 5 of my new Green Bulge!!

I waited about 15 minutes, then put on my shoes, grabbed my jump rope, and then headed outside.

I did a short 2 min jog warm up, then did 1 minute of fast jump roping, followed by a minute of rest. This continued for 9 minutes and then I moved on to doing some core stuff. I hit up some planks and bridges for awhile, and then jumped back with the jump rope. This time I just did 5 straight jump rope "sets" until I messed up. I think that 3 of the 5 were pretty long, but the other two times I messed up rather quickly.

After that I came inside, took a shower, and started to make my breakfast. Today it was just 6 eggs (scrambled), 1 wheat tortilla, cheese, picante sauce, and a bunch of baby carrots along with my multi, uni lover, fish oil, zinc, and a super enzyme.

The rest of the day will be pretty boring, just got to run some errands, take my brother to the pool for awhile, then meet up with my step-dad later tonight to handle some business.

I couldn't really feel any difference today during my little session. Tomorrow I will be lifting, I just don't know what it will be, either a leg session or shoulder/arms session. Later today I will post what the rest of my meals consisted of....

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
You know i am in!!!:type: Kill it jd, maybe i will pick this up if all goes well for you. Looking forward to this log, pics look great boss!!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I like to think I'm looking at an after picture right here :D

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm in !!

:wave2:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Jay, you should consider putting together a training routine to follow, this will help you a long ways, its always nice coming in the gym and knowing exactly what exercises you'll be hitting, also do keep a training log this is a good practice to know how much you were lifting... its great to see those number heading north!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Jay, you should consider putting together a training routine to follow, this will help you a long ways, its always nice coming in the gym and knowing exactly what exercises you'll be hitting, also do keep a training log this is a good practice to know how much you were lifting... its great to see those number heading north!
yeah I know, I do keep a log where I write everything down in. It is just that lately I had been lifting heavy a lot and it was really wearing me down. So in the past three weeks I just decided to start switching it up, sometimes I would go heavy, sometimes light, and sometimes in the middle. Some programs that I have looked at look very good, but I just find a single flaw in them and in turns me off to them. That is why I have just been using a piece of this person's program one day and then using this other guy's stuff during my next workout.

I do think I need to settle on something though as well, hey if anybody wants to help design a little routine it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there are tons of guys out there who know a lot more about than me lol.

Yesterday I ate pretty good, here was what I had after breakfast at 7:30 :

9:30 Small shake w/ whole milk, mixed proteins, and a few raw eggs

11:45 Chipolte - just a chicken burrito bowl

2:00 Salad w/ all types of veggies w/ blue cheese and chicken

4:00 A few scoops of "Power Butter" peanut butter

6:15 A 12 oz. sirilion steak w/ veggies

8:00 6 oz chicken breast w/ carrots

9:15 Small casein shake w/ peanut butter & almonds

This morning I just finished up 6 scrambled eggs, some honey, and some peanut butter. A few minutes ago I also swallowed 5 Green Bulge caps and I'm about to get ready to go lift!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
yeah I know, I do keep a log where I write everything down in. It is just that lately I had been lifting heavy a lot and it was really wearing me down. So in the past three weeks I just decided to start switching it up, sometimes I would go heavy, sometimes light, and sometimes in the middle. Some programs that I have looked at look very good, but I just find a single flaw in them and in turns me off to them. That is why I have just been using a piece of this person's program one day and then using this other guy's stuff during my next workout.

I do think I need to settle on something though as well, hey if anybody wants to help design a little routine it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there are tons of guys out there who know a lot more about than me lol.

Yesterday I ate pretty good, here was what I had after breakfast at 7:30 :

9:30 Small shake w/ whole milk, mixed proteins, and a few raw eggs

11:45 Chipolte - just a chicken burrito bowl

2:00 Salad w/ all types of veggies w/ blue cheese and chicken

4:00 A few scoops of "Power Butter" peanut butter

6:15 A 12 oz. sirilion steak w/ veggies

8:00 6 oz chicken breast w/ carrots

9:15 Small casein shake w/ peanut butter & almonds

This morning I just finished up 6 scrambled eggs, some honey, and some peanut butter. A few minutes ago I also swallowed 5 Green Bulge caps and I'm about to get ready to go lift!!
thats how i lift as well. Before i ran dc and loved it but since the shoulders cashed out i just go reg style:worried:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
First session!!

Well I had an extra busy day today-

Shoulder, Triceps, & Biceps

Standing BB shoulder press - @ 110 x 10, 125 x 8, 135 x 5,4,3

Dips w/ Close-grip Chin ups 50 reps each in 7 min & 10 seconds

Standing side laterals - @ 25 x 5,5,5 tri-set w/
Bent laterals - @ 25 x 5,5,5 w/
DB shoulder presses - @ 25 x 20,20,20

Reverse grip ez bar curls - @ 70 x 8,8,8
Close grip bench press - @ 145 x 8,8,8

Comments:

I think I pretty much killed it today! Got my Green Bulge in about 35 minutes pre workout, and I had a pump like no other going on. I could seriously feel a little more than usual. That 50 reps of chins and dips might seem slow, but I was doing my dips extra slow, pausing at the bottom (my biceps were touching my forearms) and exploding up. After 2 sets of 10 my tri's were beat!! Doing that tri-set of laterals and presses brought fire to my delts. By the time it was time for the presses my shoulders felt like someone had hit them with a sledge hammer, and I just repped those 20 presses out as fast as I could. By the time I got around to the curls and close grip bench presses I was winded. I struggled to crank out the reps, but I got them all in!

This morning I was sooo close to hitting up my legs, but I had an interview to go to and I didn't want to hobble around in front of some potential bosses. So tomorrow will be a leg day fore sure, and I think I will be just as busy then as I was today.

Post workout I had some chocolate milk, a scoop of whey, and 3 raw eggs. Then after a shower I ate a chicken breast, a scoop of honey, a banana, and a few scoops of peanut butter. For lunch I ate a "monster" burrito at a place called Freebirds. This burrito spot is my favorite burrito spot, they got one down by Rice Uni that I go to all of the time. Luckily this filled me up for awhile while I had to drive to the northside of the city to handle some business. I just got home and I had another chicken breast and some fresh made pico-de-gallo. In a little bit I think I' going to get a shake w/ some eggs, peanut butter, and a scoop of some protein blend. For my last meal I think I might go with some more chicken or tuna, with some veggies, and maybe something else that I can't think of right now lol.

But so far w/ only 1 workout under my belt I like the new Green Bulge. Hope if keeps going this well!!!! :hitit:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The new formula of GB is very powerful, and overshadows the old one. You will notice a crazy pump this whole cycle.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Workout #2

This morning I got four eggs, some honey, and a small chicken breast for breakfast. An hour later I dosed all 5 Green Bulge, then waited a half hour and hit the gym:

Legs

Front Squats - @135 x 10, 155 x 8, 165 x 8, 175 x 6, 185 x 5,5

Standing DB Calf Raises - @ 45 db's x 30,30,30,30

Leg Curls - @ 50 x 10, 60 x 8, 70 x 5,4

Sissy Squats - BW x 12,12,12 superset w/
Leg extensions - 70 x 15,15,15

Standing BB Calf Raises - @ 135 repped out for 2 minutes

Comments:

This was an alright leg workout for me. I'm pretty sore, not as sore as I thought I might have been. My front squats are down from a few months ago when I would do them more frequently. My favorite thing about today's workout was the sissy squats. They felt real good and I had a nice pump in the thighs that I could really feel.

Post workout I had my chocolate milk & protein shake. Then about 45 minutes later I had a large chicken breast, veggies, and some honey. Luckily I got some free time today, probably just do some reading for awhile and take a short nap.

I didn't really notice anything extra today from the Green Bulge, but doing the sissy squats gave me a pretty ill pump. It could have been from the GB, but it might not have been from it.

a little T Swift track for y'all today lolz...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa02ww6c1PQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]​

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Man I got to go OT tomorrow morning until Sunday evening. Luckily I will have some time to rest and just eat during this time. I will be doing some early morning cardio in tomorrow before I leave though. I want to do medium distance intervals, maybe like a half mile, rest, another half mile, and so on.

Today after I had my post workout meal I ate another chicken breast with quinoa. This was by far my favorite meal of the day. I just started eating quinoa and I am really enjoying it. Then I went out to a BBQ joint and had some nasty turkey breast w/ some nasty broccoli casserole and a nasty corn on the cob. This BBQ place used to be real good like a year ago, but I guess they have just gone down hill since. So I will never be going back there. After that I ate two burgers, one with cheese and the other with an avocado. Through out the day I have been munching on almonds too. I will probably get a little shake before I get to bed.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend though!!! :wave2:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!
I have to admit, though, I am a bit jealous that you are running one of my all-time favorite supplements. Seems as if I was forgotten about. ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing your recults, man.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!
I have to admit, though, I am a bit jealous that you are running one of my all-time favorite supplements. Seems as if I was forgotten about. ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing your recults, man.
Appreciate it Iron!!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Just got back to my home base. Did some work today and yesterday and came back asap. Ate pretty well, just some chicken pot pie today and about to go out to eat with my Dad and some people for father's day. I think we are going to this Chinese place, I know they got steamed chicken and broccoli which I will probably get.
I already took the Green Bulge this morning. Tomorrow I got chest and back. I hope to get some heavy deads and some heavy incline db presses in. Still a little unsure though, hope everyone is having a fun father's day!!!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
workouts look nice J, you dont take your creatine post w\o?

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Nice detail ! :wave2:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Yep

Today was back/chest day. I tried to go heavy, but it is hard to go as heavy as you would like to without any spotters, but I did my best.

Back/Chest:

DB Incline Press - @ 80 x 5, 75 x 8,8,7

Deadlifts - @ 300 x 5, 330 x 3,3

Bench Press - @ 195 x 5,4,3 superset w/
Weighted wide grip pull ups - +35 x 5,5,5

DB Row - @ 65 x 10,10,10 superset w/
DB Fly's - @ 35 x 12,12,12

25 push ups/10 pull ups

Comments:
I think I started off to heavy on the incline presses today :dunno:, I failed to put 80 after my first set. Then 75 felt heavy too, I was disappointed to say the least. Today was the first time in awhile that I deadlifted heavy, the 300 felt easy and I was going to try to get 330 for 5 reps. I came just a little bit short though. Hopefully next time I will be able to get even more for 5 reps. Although that 330 is the most I have ever attempted to deadlift. On the bench press I was shocked that I was getting 195. I haven't benched in a long time, and the last time I was doing sets 15. This was also the first time in a month that I had added 35 pounds to me on some wide grip pull ups. They felt hard as hell to me, I was seriously struggling on the last two sets. The rows and fly's went well and I felt a real good pump doing them.

Post workout I had my usual chocolate milk, whey, and three raw eggs. I am about to make me some quinoa, a chicken breast, and some veggies to eat. I don't have much to do today so I will try to get some type of rest. I might go do shoulders and arms tomorrow if I feel up to it, or I might just rest another day.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I went and played some basketball last night. There was supposed to be a bunch of my friends who I played with in high school but there was only a few of us. We just played some half court and surprisingly I was knocking down most of my jumpers. The only bad thing was my lack of leaping ability. I was barely grabbing rim with booth hands vertically. Then I had one dunking opportunity and I missed it, it was just a one handed try off of a jump stop. I had fun and I think everyone else did to, I think we might go play again Tuesday night, but I'm not sure.

I hope everyone has a good day!! :wave2:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Woke up early this morning kind of wanting to do some cardio, but my left ankle is really sore. Last night I was walking in a room and trying to avoid some stuff that was near the door and I banged my foot into the door frame (I was only wearing some flip flops). Hopefully this will subside soon, if it does I will attempt to get some cardio in during the afternoon or evening. Nothing else to do though today. Tomorrow will be a shoulder/arms day for sure now.

I don't know, I'm pretty excited to see the new Harry Potter movie coming out next month w/ my girl Emma Watson (she is toooo cute lol) (and yes I had a crush on her since I was little)

but I think tomorrow or whenever it comes out I will have to go watch that new transformers movie w/ Megan Fox

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Jdg, you train pretty low volume huh? Not thats its real low, but deads I would think would be a few more sets.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I did a few more sets, but they were just warm up sets. That 330 was heavy for me and I just didn't want to strain my back. I should have done more work though...

Ded- do you think it would be better to bump up the volume up a tad??

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Woke up early this morning, around 5:30. Luckily I was able to fall back asleep and then got up at 6:30. I ate 5 scrambled eggs and a small 1/2 of a chicken breast with some honey. Right after that I took all 5 Green Bulge caps and got ready to go lift.

Shoulder, Triceps, & Biceps:

Standing Shoulder Press - @ 135 x 7, 145 x 5, 155 x 3 & 2, 135 x 3, 115 x 6

Skullcrushers - @ 65 x 14, @ 80 x 5,5,5

Ez bar curls - @ 80 x 10, 90 x 8, 100 x 4 & 3, 80 x 6

Dip - +20 x 10,10,10 superset w/
Upright Rows - @ 90 x 10,10,10

Incline Hammer Curls - @ 35 x 10,10,10 superset w/
Side Laterals - @ 25 x 10,10,10

Comments:

I think today was a good workout. While doing the dips and upright rows gave me a massive pump, especially in my front delts. I was doing the dips with 20 lbs of chains over my kneck, and yeah I felt pretty gangsta doing them that way.
Post workout I had my usual chocolate milk, whey, and 2 raw eggs. Then I ate a bowl of some quinoa, a large chicken breast, and some blueberries.
So far I'm feeling pumped when I start to lift and my strength is up since this first week since starting the Green Bulge. My weight has also been steadily dropping as well. I started off a week ago at 211 and now I am at 209.
My girl and I were going to go watch Transformers today, but she isn't feeling well so we are just going to hang out. I'll probably just watch the USA and Espana game today...

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
pretty good game so far,I can't believe USA has a 1-0 lead

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
wow the USA sealed the deal, 2-0 holla at yo boi

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
i would bump up the volume just a little bit i think, you know best how your body responds. Sometimes I only do two exersises per body part.:dunno:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
i would bump up the volume just a little bit i think, you know best how your body responds. Sometimes I only do two exersises per body part.:dunno:
I will throw in some extra volume! Another thing that I am going to do is switch up from chest/back and shoulder/biceps/triceps to chest/triceps/shoulders and back/biceps. I think doing this will let me focus more on my chest and back instead of having to work them on the same day. Thanks for the input ded!

Today I got legs, but I also got some stuff to do in a little bit so I will get my legs a little bit later in the morning. :wave2:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
i do chest back right now too, i am not a bigfan of it i dont think. I started doing it cause my shoulder is bad so my chest day is really limited. Have fun with leg day........:worried:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm about to switch my routine up but a good training routine i like to use is chest+tri's, back+bi's I see this combo in a lot of magazines

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I would have to say i like doin arms together (tri\bi) at the end of my week. My doms in arms get real bad so i dont like them to interfere with my other lifts. I do right now

Chest\back

legs\ shoulders

Arms

I do abs usually on leg day and arm day with a day of rest between. I deadlift every other week, rotated with BB rows. I was running a DC program before my shoulder injury, and plan on returning to that at a later date.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday Session...

I was to busy yesterday and forgot to post my leg session. I had all 5 caps of Green Bulge about 40 minutes pre workout, and like 15 minutes after having a protein shake and a tsp of raw honey.

Legs:

Squats - @ 255 x 5,5,5 @265 x 4,3

SLDL - @ 135 x 10 @ 155 x 8,8 @ 175 x 6

Standing DB Calf Raise - @ 65 x 20,20,20

Leg Curls - @ 60 x 6,6,5 superset w/
Leg Extension - @ 60 x 25,25,25

Standing DB Calf Raise -@ 65 x 40
Sissy Squats - BW x 30 total reps

Comments:

This workout was exhausting! Doing the squats I felt my back strain during my last set of 265. I stretched some before doing the stiff leg deads and it didn't bother me at all, or during the rest of my workout. But when I got home it was f**ing killing me. I heated up a hot pad and relaxed on it for awhile after my workout and again before going to bed.

Post workout I had my chocolate milk, whey, and eggs. Then I had a large chicken breast and a bowl of quinoa. After that I went to my friends house to watch the Brasil and South Africa game and we ate too good. We had like 10 T-bones of the grill along with tons of chicken breast. Not to mention the pico and guac he had made earlier. We were just feasting over there. I had like 3 T-Bones and a breast with tons a guac and pico. The rest of the day I was typing out all of this stuff that I had to have done and my back was aching the whole time. Luckily it doesn't bother me now, but I'm taking the day off anyway.
Tomorrow I am going to start the new split, I might go with chest/tri's/shoulders or back/biceps... :dunno:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
J, do you go ATG on squats? Sometimes if you block under your heels and go atg it will help with your back not rounding out at the bottom, therefore alleviating back strain. That post wo feast sounds delicious!!!:684:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
J, do you go ATG on squats? Sometimes if you block under your heels and go atg it will help with your back not rounding out at the bottom, therefore alleviating back strain. That post wo feast sounds delicious!!!:684:
Yep I go ATG on my squats, I also occasionally use a flat 2" X 4" under my heels while squating and I think it does help. But I think what happened is I read an article on tnation by either Thibadeaux or Waterbury about how you should warm up with a "heavy weight" for a few reps. I tried to this on the squats and I warmed up with 255 for 2 reps twice, then did 5 and moved to 265. Usually I would start with like 165 for 10 reps, 225 for like 5 or 6, then start with the working sets. I do not think I will ever do that "heavy" warm up again. :worried:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Chest/Tri's

This morning I started my new routine with some chest and triceps. I had a breakfast of 5 scrambled eggs, blue berries, wheat germ, and a scoop of natty peanut butter. Then 30 minutes later I swallowed the 5 Green Bulge and got ready:

Chest/Tricep:

Bench Press - @ 180 x 8, 190 x 6, 200 x 4,3,2 - 165 x 6

DB extensions - @ 65 x 10, 85 x 6,5 - 65 x 8

Incline DB Press - @ 65 x 8,8,8,8,8

Dips - BW + 35 x 7,5 +45 x 3,4,4

Close grip bench press - @ 155 x 7

Push ups/ BW Dips - 25 reps each - back and forth until completed

Comments:

I was somewhat satisfied with my work today. The only real complained is the lack of poundage on the incline DB presses. I was trying to get the 75's but I couldn't even push them up for the first rep. I don't know what happened, I might have been fatigued from the bench though. My tri's were pumped when doing the dips, I was pausing at the bottom then exploding up and I feeling good.

Post workout I had my usual shake with chocolate milk, whey, & eggs. Then I had to run to Whole Foods for some things and I picked up a breakfast burrito with bacon and eggs which I ate when I got home with some chicken and a small serving of brown rice and broccoli.

I got a question for anybody, do you think I should work shoulders on a seperate day? Maybe like shoulders, some direct trap work, and maybe some core work all in one session? :dunno:

I had to go watch Transformers yesterday, and I fell asleep about 30 minutes into it and woke up with like 45 minutes to go in the movie. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nice workout J, for your chest w/o try to use the 70lbs before jumping to the 75's those can be a bitch w/o a spotter so be careful when using those heavier weights, you should look at finishing off with DB or machine flyes, I always finish off my chest w/o that wayand I get a killer pump.

You should do your shoulders on a different day, if you're doing a 4 split do shoulders and traps together.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout J, for your chest w/o try to use the 70lbs before jumping to the 75's those can be a bitch w/o a spotter so be careful when using those heavier weights, you should look at finishing off with DB or machine flyes, I always finish off my chest w/o that wayand I get a killer pump.

You should do your shoulders on a different day, if you're doing a 4 split do shoulders and traps together.
Yep sometimes I use some fly's as a finisher and I love getting the burn/pump from them!! I guess I'll just make it 4 day split with an exclusive shoulder day.

Hey DF you watching the US & Brasil game tomorrow? I'm gonna be busy all day from morning to night, I don't think I'm going to get a chance to watch it. US will probably lose, but I wouldn't be suprised if they did what they did against Espana. Without Bradley in the mid it will be even tougher.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yep sometimes I use some fly's as a finisher and I love getting the burn/pump from them!! I guess I'll just make it 4 day split with an exclusive shoulder day.

Hey DF you watching the US & Brasil game tomorrow? I'm gonna be busy all day from morning to night, I don't think I'm going to get a chance to watch it. US will probably lose, but I wouldn't be suprised if they did what they did against Espana. Without Bradley in the mid it will be even tougher.
if you are doing a 3 day split you do something like chest/tris/bis, legs/calf's/traps, back/shoulders/abs, theres many ways mix and match this is just one example evaluate to see what can work better for you.

I did not know they're playing tomorrow, I'll tivo it and watch it if i get a chance but I already have a long queue of shows to watch :)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Looking good bro. I dont know about that heavy warm up thing either,sounds fishy to me. Dude you should add in JM presses to your tri w\o they are brutal to say the least. I superset them with one arm tates.:yikes:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for advice DF and ded! Always much appreciated!

Aren't JM presses like a combo of a skullcrusher and a close grip benchpress? I think I read something on tnation about best tricep stuff and it was on it, or it might have been called a "california press" or I might just have everything miexed up lol

Today is an off day, I already swallowed my Green Bulge in the morning. I was lucky to get a break today from my schedule, just a short hour though. Not enough time to watch the soccer game. I think I'll stick to a four day split with off days whenever I feel that they are needed. My next workout tomorrow will probably be a leg day again. I want to get in some front squats w/o a heavy warm up this time. Seriously now that I think about it, I never should have tried that.

I hope you all have a nice Sunday!!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
man ded those tate's look interesting, just checked a vid on youtube, I may try them

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the tates are only effective for me when i supperset them with something more compound-ish. jm's are the rocks buddy, give em a try and tell me about the DOMS!!!

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Today was a leg day, I had fewer days to recover from my last one but I still went all out. I had stuff to do this morning and couldn't lift first thing. I lifted after lunch which was just some chopped up chicken thighs, quinoa, and broccoli. Then about a half hour later I took all 5 Green Bulge and got ready...

Leg Day:

Front Squats - @ 165 x 8,8,8,8 205 x 2,2,2

Stiff Leg Deads - @ 135 x 10,10,10 155 x 8,8

Standing Barbell Calf Raises - @ 185 x 12,12,12,12,12,12

Barbell Lunges - @ 85 x 8,9,8 (each leg) superset w/
Sissy Squats - BW+25 x 10,10,10

Comments:

It felt weird trying to front squat 205. This is the most I have ever tried and it was killing my hands (I hold the bar clean style). The first set felt like a warm up, I was unaccustomed to doing that much weight. Then the next two sets just felt heavy. The stiff legs were brutal. I had laid off them for awhile and now I'm soooo weak doing them. Now I got to get them back up badly. I probably should have done some more sets though..

Post workout I had my usual stuff; chocolate milk, whey, and eggs. I got some potatoes baking with a steak about to be cooked on the skillet. I am going to be busy the rest of the day :bigeyes: sucks, tomorrow I got a shoulders, traps, core day to look forward too!!!!