Umm, I know what it is but I don't wanna say it - boro's log

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm, i know it but i dont think i should say it - boro's log

Time to jlog (the "j" is silent)..................

My current goals are to lose body fat while training strength and hardening up a tad. I am playing bodybuilder for a few weeks with a conventional bb'ing split (very unconventional to me). Today is scheduled for a conditioning or extra day for me so I may head in later tonight for some Oly lifts or something stupid like that.

Day 1

730am: PILL SLAMIN'
  • 1 Anabolic-Pump
  • 2 Recreate
  • 7.5mg Yobama HCL
  • 1 PowerFULL
  • 2 Refresh
8am-9am fasted conditioning work @ the (Sox-Harrison) Stadium
  • 4 scoops Scivation Xtend
  • 2 scoops DominATP
Worked Performed:
  • ~105lb Sled drag from waist - 2 runs (40 yds down, 40 yds back)
  • ~150lb Sled drag from waist - 4 runs (40 yds down, 40 yds back)
  • Bull Strength Tire Conditioning - Mock Wood Chops, Standing Core Work, etc. See below.
  • Equinox pushes - 1 run up hill (extremely slight grade, maximal effort) 150 yds, 1 run down hill 150yds (more of a sprint and jog)
Post taken from synergy-athletics.com featuring me... :)
Casey “No Holds” Bard sent me a few pictures of him dominating an exercise I posted a little while back and included in the Bull Strength Manual.

This exercise is a combo of tire throwing and conditioning. The weight of the tire does not matter, it is the rate of force development - how fast you can move it, generating a long toss.

Here are the benefits of tire throwing and conditioning:

* Increased work capacity
* Posterior chain strength and explosiveness
* Shoulder strength and power
* Upper back strength and power
* Grip and forearm strength

Another benefit is that you can do this with lifters of all ages with success…and for free!

Casey’s pictures

Setup

EXPLODE and launch

Sprint and Repeat

This setup and exercise is literally FREE. All you need is a used car tire and some intensity. Want to get some more intense and EFFECTIVE workouts, get Bull Strength!

Thanks for the pictures Casey, keep up the great work!

- Joe Hashey, CSCS -
Post conditioning meal
  • 1 20oz G2
  • 2.5 scoops ATW Choco-PB Whey
This should be a fun log!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal 2

Meal 2
  • 7 egg whites
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 slice of full flavor Pepper Jack Cheese
  • 1c Mixed steamed Veggies
  • 16oz Diet Snapple Raspberry
Supplements
  • 2 NutraPlanet Bulk Fish Oil caps
  • 1 GNC Max Greens VitaPak (# Green Foods Multivitamin, 500mg Calcium Citrate, Digestive Enzyme Formula, Omega-3 Fatty Acid from Flax Seed Oil)
Just talked myself into buying the Jim Wendler - EliteFTS 5/3/1 eBook... Probably will start this Monday. I am ready to lift heavy sh|t again.

Attachments

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been implementing 'calmer' songs into my daily work routine. I have found that it is re relieving a ton of headaches and anxiety from my day. I mostly use Pandora, sometime I will listen to my mp3's.

For example; current track = Explosions In The Sky - Inside It All Feels The Same
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY8BCgX0dwg"]YouTube - Explosions In The Sky - Inside It All Feels The Same[/ame]

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Suggestion - MORE PowerFULL - 3 caps.

If you need a better supply I can talk to Jacob for you...;)
I may do that... It does tend to make me lethargic regardless of stimulant dose.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed, cool log.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may do that... It does tend to make me lethargic regardless of stimulant dose.
Try to add some caffeine if you need to offset the lethargy. The GH release from the carboxy is well worth the effort to offset the lethargy in any way you can. Good luck!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try to add some caffeine if you need to offset the lethargy. The GH release from the carboxy is well worth the effort to offset the lethargy in any way you can. Good luck!
"Practice what you preach" ehh? haha
Thanks B!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal 3

Meal 3
  • ~6oz Seasoned, Baked Chicken Breast Strips w/ Ketchup
  • 3/4c Oats
  • 1/2c Quaker Granola
  • 2T Honey
Supplements:
  • 25 minutes prior to meal - 2 USPlabs Anabolic-Pump
  • 1 NOW Foods Super Enzyme Tab

Attachments

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Casey are you going to do a macro cycle with this ...what's your macro ratios look like, how much are you taking in, in the way of carbs.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Casey are you going to do a macro cycle with this ...what's your macro ratios look like, how much are you taking in, in the way of carbs.
Maybe... I am not 100% sure. I always try to take notice of the days in regards to work vs. CHO intake but I don't have anything set in stone. I am 100% addicted to CHO so, it may be tough for me to give them up and as of right now I am going by feel.

At this point I am seeing a great recomp effect from simply 'minding' my days as I stated above. When I plateau, I may consider more of a specific approach. I would probably opt for a Troponin type macro-cycling layout if I were to.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pre-Workout Supplements: 30-40 minutes prior to training
  • 2.5mg Yohimbomb HCL
  • 2 USPlabs Recreate
  • 2 USPlabs SuperCissus Rx
  • 2 USPowders Refresh
  • 2 scoops USPlabs Jack3d
  • 5 USPlabs PRIME
Intra-Drink: 10 minutes prior to training through last sets
  • 4 scoops USPowders DominATP
  • 2 scoops Scivation Xtend
Post-Workout Shake:
  • 3 scoops ATW Cinnabun Whey Blend
  • 30g packet of Gatorade Mix (Sucrose based)
I decided to start the Wendler 5/3/1 program early and do a "Squat" day. This program looks like EXACTLY what I need.

(5/3/1 - Squat) Training (1 hour, 5 minutes)
  • Foam Roller
  • Band Assisted Stretching
  • 3 40yd Sprints
  • Parallel Squats - 135x10, 135x10, 225x5, 240x5, 275x5, 310x15
  • Leg Press - 490 (in plates) - x20, x22
  • Laying Hamstring Curls - Plate 6 x20, x20
  • Decline Sit-ups - x6, x7, x8

No posting/training tomorrow, heading to Cleveland for in-store visits...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I got one of those Foam Rollers. Took it back today.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sucks... Why would you take it back? I use it freakin daily..
1) I doubt I'll take much time out of my day to use it.

2) I felt like I was anally raped by the piece of foam; paying $25 for it and all. I just kept looking at it and saying, "$25?...For this?..." and images of those floaty foam pool toys for $0.50 at the gas station down the road kept jumping into my head.

I don't know, it just didn't feel right to me.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) I doubt I'll take much time out of my day to use it.
I use it pre-workout, it takes 5 minutes.

2) I felt like I was anally raped by the piece of foam; paying $25 for it and all. I just kept looking at it and saying, "$25?...For this?..." and images of those floaty foam pool toys for $0.50 at the gas station down the road kept jumping into my head.
It is worth its weight in gold to me. This foam is way different than the sh|t they use for the noodles. What kind did you get? Color?

I don't know, it just didn't feel right to me.
I am prepared to argue with you about this one IC... :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am prepared to argue with you about this one IC... :)
Oh, I know it's different foam, but still...it's foam. Just really freaking dense.

Got red. The only color they had.

...and lol at a piece of foam being worth its weight in gold. :toofunny: - I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but that was funny.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal 5
  • 6in Steak sub from Subway (Spinach, Tomatoes, and Olives on Honey Oat w/Franks)
Supplements:
  • 10 minutes prior to meal - 1 USPlabs Anabolic-Pump
Meal 6
  • 6in Steak sub from Subway (Spinach, Tomatoes, and Olives on Honey Oat w/Franks)
Supplements:
Meal 5 & 6 were about 1 hour, 15 mins apart.

Meal 7
  • 2oz left over Baked, Seasoned Chicken Breast
  • 1 can of Tuna
  • 1c Steamed Mixed Veggies
  • 1t Parma Cheese
  • A1 sauce
Supplements:
  • 2 NutraPlanet Bulk Fish Oil caps

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You keep reminding me that I need to get in my veggies. I keep skipping them. Lots of fruits these days, but no veggies.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fasted training: yuck! So are you going to lose 25lbs and gain more strength, Big Red? Little Red out.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say I didn't lose the fat I expected doing the AP fasted, but my endurance was excellent. Obviously the fuel was there.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say I didn't lose the fat I expected doing the AP fasted, but my endurance was excellent. Obviously the fuel was there.
I do quite a bit of AP fasted cardio and I am losing fat but don't know how much the sessions contribute to my overall fat loss. It's just something I am doing hoping it helps. I am sort of in uncharted waters here, I have never been able to recomp like this... losing fat and gaining muscle, taking in more carbs. Not complaining I feel 1000% better dieting this way.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simply using AP in the fasted state is mediocre at best. 1-AP/2-Recreate/2g 1-C is ideal. I add green tea extract and yohimbine as well. I simply cannot lose weight but lean out and fill out considerably as I recomp myself until I am contented.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simply using AP in the fasted state is mediocre at best. 1-AP/2-Recreate/2g 1-C is ideal. I add green tea extract and yohimbine as well. I simply cannot lose weight but lean out and fill out considerably as I recomp myself until I am contented.
Yeah, it is a combination of things that make it successful.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it is a combination of things that make it successful.
Yes it is. Let me refresh the audience:

To tell you the truth, fasted states in conjunction with products which induce, and following, utilize lipolysis are absolutely fantastic. If you are lifting immediately after waking, may I suggest forgoing the Pre-WO shake? Glucose provides only 1/3 of the energy for anaerobic cellular reactions, and the combination of both PowerFULL and ReCreate modulating lipolysis pathways produces very strong workouts.
Whether we choose to utilize them or not, the process of lipolysis liberates stored fatty acids into our blood stream in the form of triglycerides - by engaging in anaerobic exercise, we use these newly liberated FFAs for cellular exertion (as I said, fatty acid oxidation comprises about 2/3 energy use in an anaerobic movement). This protocol merely utilizes energy which would have been wasted in a normal protocol, while ensuring that proper Post-WO nutrition is undertaken.
Anabolic Pump is often conceptualized as merely a supplement of glucose homeostasis. While that's true in part, its true identity is one of energy metabolism as a whole; specifically, modulating energy expenditure and transfer in both fat and muscle cells, via the modulation of energy storage and production mechanisms.

During a long bout of exercise (i.e., an hour long resistance training session) your body's energy homeostasis mechanisms need to take on a more oxidative (the B-oxidation of fatty acids) as opposed to glycolytic (GLUT4 translocation and glucose storage) role. This is due in part to the inability of the body to produce the fuel (glucose) for anabolic processes at the rates needed for anaerobic exercise. In response, your body has in place several mechanisms which prevent the accumulation and synthesis of triglycerides and lipids, and release them into the bloodstream to be oxidized.

These lipolytic processes actually contribute to the majority of energy transaction in a bout of anaerobic exercise - the oxidation of fatty acids and plasma triglycerides, primarily, provide the energy for resistance training.

The reason I mention all this is Anabolic Pump's fascinating ability to regulate one of the vanguards of oxidative and glycolytic energy consumption - AMPk. AMPk works as an essential gate-keeper of energy production, reacting to extracellular fluctuations of various downstream energy messengers (AMP:ATP ratio included). Its activation is responsible for various roles, including all of the above mentioned.

Using such a product in conjunction with fasted cardio simply utilizes energy which would have been stored anyway. The mere presence of AMPk ensures that the liberated fatty acids and triglycerides will be oxidized as it plays a primary role in not only lipolysis, but the inhibition of lipid, triglyceride, and cholesterol synthesis.

In terms of blood glucose, you should have circulating plasma levels which are enough to stave off hypoglycaemia, even with the use of Anabolic Pump. As carbohydrates have not been ingested, the presence of Insulin (the main inducer of hypoglycemia) is not necessarily present. Anabolic Pump works through Insulin-reactive, though not dependent, pathways of energy metabolism. The lipolytic role is also enough to provide ample energy.

Hope that helps!
On the Euphoric note, keep in mind that the latest neurobiological research is elucidating connections between essentially fatty-acids, lipid and triglycerides synthesis and metabolism, and dopamine (and thereby serotonin) receptor subtypes in the brain.

As well, AMPk is a master regulatory switch for all cellular energy transactions; including those which occur on the molecular level (i.e., brain cell mitochondria). The combination of ReCreate and AP is producing fluctuations in AMP:ATP ratio, possibly in the hypothalamus. You are embarking on a great number of cellular reactions, and as your ATP lowers (as a response to energy demand), AMPk will tell your body (including your brain) to produce, produce, produce! In your brain's case, this means the production of energy and the stimulation of neurons.

Couple this with increased levels of norepinephrine, hypothalamic ATP, and Caffeine, and you have a very prominent anabolic AND euphoric response. I have tried many protocols myself, but the one I have layed out for you B is the most physiologically complete.
Wax-on, wax-off :006:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it is. Let me refresh the audience:

Wax-on, wax-off :006:
Very glad it still works for you, Brian! Let me know if your current plan needs any tweaks!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used exactly that protocol, as well as yohimbine. Nothing much for fat loss, but again, I enjoyed the muscular endurance it gave me. It's in one of my logs here. I believe the Controlled Labs one.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I am in exactly the same boat, my weight stays around the same but I get coniderably leaner and bigger as time goes by. Slow steady recomp... that's the ticket!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As you can see, this is very similar to what I use. I added NP Green Tea this morning...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Morning work...

So I made the decision over the weekend that I am starting the 5/3/1 today. I think it is going to be exactly what I need:
1. Conditioning
2. Fat Loss
3. Increase in strength
4. Increase in lean body mass
5. Allows me to move "North of Vag" - You would know what I was talking about if you ready the 5/3/1 book... :)

6/15 - 5/3/1 day 1!

730am: PILL SLAMIN'
  • 1 Anabolic-Pump
  • 3 Recreate
  • 7.5mg Yobama HCL
  • 3 PowerFULL
  • 1 500mg NP Green Tea cap
8am-9am fasted conditioning work @ the (Sox-Harrison) Stadium
  • 4 scoops Scivation Xtend
  • 2 scoops DominATP
Worked Performed:
  • ~105lb Sled drag from shoulders - 1 runs (40 yds down, 40 yds back)
  • ~150lb SPRINT Sled drag from shoulders - 5 runs (40 yds down, 40 yds back)
  • Bull Strength Tire Conditioning - Mock Wood Chops, Standing Core Work, etc. See below.
These sprints kicked my ass. Unreal. I am so out of condition, I hope that I can regain it in the next few weeks.

Song Choice:
I usually have metal blaring out of the back of my Equinox... This was the most memorable song of the day...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTlUjOUwUMg"]YouTube - PanterA - Sandblasted Skin (Reprise)[/ame]

Post conditioning meal
  • 1 Red Delicious Apple
  • .5c Oats
  • 2.5 scoops ATW Cinnabun Whey

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal 2.......
  • 6oz Baked, Seasoned Chicken Breast
  • 1 Slice Full Flavor Pepper Jack Cheese
  • 1c Fresh Strawberries
Supplements
  • 2 NutraPlanet Bulk Fish Oil Caps
  • 1 NOW SuperEnzyme
Soundtrack of the moment...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeG-6bpeUkA"]YouTube - STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - Love? (OFFICIAL VIDEO)[/ame]

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal Thrice (Supah-Shake)
  • 1 scoop PB Chocolate ATW Whey Blend
  • 1.5 scoops Chocolate Muscle Milk
  • 1c Whole Fresh Strawberries
  • 1c Oats
  • 1 scoop Nimbus Nutrition Posidon (i forgot i had it!!!)
  • 5g NutraPlanet Bulk L-Lucine
Supplements
  • 2 USPlabs Anabolic-Pump (20mins prior to meal)
  • 1 GNC Max Greens Vitapak
  • 1 NutraPlanet Fish Oil Cap
Death Cab.......

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meal Thrice (Supah-Shake)
  • 1 scoop PB Chocolate ATW Whey Blend
  • 1.5 scoops Chocolate Muscle Milk
  • 1c Whole Fresh Strawberries
  • 1c Oats
  • 1 scoop Nimbus Nutrition Posidon (i forgot i had it!!!)
  • 5g NutraPlanet Bulk L-Lucine
Supplements
  • 2 USPlabs Anabolic-Pump (20mins prior to meal)
  • 1 GNC Max Greens Vitapak
Does Muscle Milk bloat you as it bloats me? I find it terrible. P.S., I hate you .

Death Cab.......For Cutie? Say it ain't so!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does Muscle Milk bloat you as it bloats me? I find it terrible. P.S., I hate you .

Death Cab.......For Cutie? Say it ain't so!
MM does not bloat me near as bad as any other casein/milk proteins... I have a tub of Myofusion that just about kills me if i try to use 1 scoop.

Death Cab for Cutie buddy... Read it and weep...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MM does not bloat me near as bad as any other casein/milk proteins... I have a tub of Myofusion that just about kills me if i try to use 1 scoop.

Death Cab for Cutie buddy... Read it and weep...
Oh wow, Death Cab for Cutie. Do you listen to them right after From Autumn to Ashes?

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Subbed my friend, looking interesting already.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
niiiiiiice.

i think you may be one of the only other people who uses ketchup on chicken strips.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate you.
Death Cab is actually good tunes. I was just harassing you because I told you I listened to somebody - can't recall who - and you harassed me about. Sweet revenge.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
niiiiiiice.

i think you may be one of the only other people who uses ketchup on chicken strips.
I saw that and will have to try it sometime. Although, I'm currently in a blackened grilled chicken phase, and it's quite delicious.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used exactly that protocol, as well as yohimbine. Nothing much for fat loss, but again, I enjoyed the muscular endurance it gave me. It's in one of my logs here. I believe the Controlled Labs one.
If I keep my carbs to a minimum I can shead weight and fat. If I go moderate I recomp. If I go overboard I swell up like nobodies business.

I never eat more than 50g of carbs post workout. When I am leaning out I can go as low as 25g with trace amounts throughout the day. Experiment with your carb intake.

Just my $0.02

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
Smont Anabolics 7
NattyDaddy420 Cycle Logs 94
Anabolics 25