Cut/Recomp Exravaganza of Dream's

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    man I'm a little late but good log as always DW reading your description of your workouts just makes me wanna go slay some iron but today is just cardio so will have to wait till tomarrow

    I just started dominatp last week its a pretty nice pre workout I'm also liking refresh anyways keep up the good work bro I'll be checkin in
    Cario for me too... starting the Freak tommorow...

    Halfway things are looking good!! Looks like I'm a bit ahead of schedule...

    Started Prime again today .. back on Napalm for 2 weeks...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug


  2. Loved my first day on Freak!! I was out of there in 30 minutes and feeling great!! I was a bit conservative as it was my first time, next time I'll throw some more weight on. Shoulder didn't feel too bad.

    Not as difficult as I thought today is day 2 Legs!!.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    today is day 2 Legs!!.
    oooo..fun times!

    Not as difficult as I thought..
    famous last words..

  4. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    famous last words..
    Oh noo!! That doesn't sound good!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  5. Damn not a good night for legs!!

    I doing the second month of the freak so legs is leg press 5X5. I mean it's only leg press so I load it right up and when I go to do my second set I get a cramp in my inner right thigh, I tried to rub it out did some stretches it wouldn't go away. So I couldn't finish as I was not going to risk injury, I get this sometimes it goes away the next day. I go very very deep on my leg press with a wide stance and toes slightly outward which does put some extra stress on the inner thigh (intentionally).

    I finished the calf raise on the leg press machine, felt very good, I held my contractions for a couple seconds as this seems to be the best way to work this exercise.

    On to clean and press.. first couple sets went very well and I was pretty impressed with my form. Then on the third set I felt a twinge in my previously injured hamstring. I finished the 3rd set and part of the 4th but finished off the rest of the 4th and 5th just doing push press. No sense in risking injury and I did not like the way my hamstring felt. Worse comes to worse push press is ok for me as my traps tend to get overdeveloped when I do cleans anyway.

    I am a bit concerned that the hamstring is not healed completely, hope it doesn't cause me further difficulty.

    Damn!! it's so hard when your ready to tear it to pieces and your body is whining!! Fuggg!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I doing the second month of the freak so legs is leg press 5X5. I mean it's only leg press so I load it right up and when I go to do my second set I get a cramp in my inner right thigh..
    here's where I had to start tweaking the program a smidge, as I don't have a leg press sled in my garage..thought about doing lunges, but went w/ BB squats..I'm just picturing you saying 'it's only squats'..
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I am a bit concerned that the hamstring is not healed completely, hope it doesn't cause me further difficulty.
    ouch..me too man.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    here's where I had to start tweaking the program a smidge, as I don't have a leg press sled in my garage..thought about doing lunges, but went w/ BB squats..I'm just picturing you saying 'it's only squats'..
    ouch..me too man.

    Yah squats are not to be disrespected ... I stayed with the leg press cuz I have been doing squats for a long time and thought maybe time for a change. Normally I only do single legs on leg press...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  8. Sorry to hear it DW! That is the worst when the desire is screaming go go go and your body is griping. A wise man will prevail big man!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  9. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Sorry to hear it DW! That is the worst when the desire is screaming go go go and your body is griping. A wise man will prevail big man!!
    Yah .. I didn't want to be wise ... I wanted to kick azz....
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  10. Hah!!! Azz kikin went down last night... love arm day on this routine!! I powered right through both exercises 10 X 3 sets. For those who don't know the two exercises are decline close grip bench and curls which to me means O bar curls. I felt like a real monster.

    Woke up today did a weigh in and I was down 1.4 lbs from last week so that's 7.4 total in 4.5 weeks. If your recall last week I was up a half a lb or so. This weigh in makes more sense and overall I have to say it jibes with what I am seeing in the mirror. Retained muscle mass with significant leaning out. That's what I aimed for. So 240.6 looks like I will drop down below 240 but not by much. Who know's with Prime kicking in now I may just stay the same and reach my mark of 10% at 240. It's going to get interesting stay tuned.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Hah!!! Azz kikin went down last night... love arm day on this routine!! I powered right through both exercises 10 X 3 sets. For those who don't know the two exercises are decline close grip bench and curls which to me means O bar curls. I felt like a real monster.
    yeah that was one of my fav days too.
    Woke up today did a weigh in and I was down 1.4 lbs from last week so that's 7.4 total in 4.5 weeks. If your recall last week I was up a half a lb or so. This weigh in makes more sense and overall I have to say it jibes with what I am seeing in the mirror. Retained muscle mass with significant leaning out. That's what I aimed for. So 240.6 looks like I will drop down below 240 but not by much. Who know's with Prime kicking in now I may just stay the same and reach my mark of 10% at 240.
    It's going to get interesting stay tuned.
    sure thing..

    slow and steady, making nice progress my man.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    yeah that was one of my fav days too.

    sure thing..

    slow and steady, making nice progress my man.
    Thanks yah sure beats the heck out of having to lose everything so quickly.. like I used to do. It's a lot easier to tollerate as well. I don't feel like I am depriving myself.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  13. Pretty good workout last night but really fuggin short!! I was in and out... I get tonight off did some morning fasted cardio and still have about 140 grams of carbs to play with this evening.

    What a fuggin bad day for recieving supps... first I find out customs has my T911 and AP, I am pretty sure AP is ok but T911 has yohimbine and it may not be allowed in Canada. Then I ordered powerfull from a Canadian distibutor and some guy phones me and says he has 3 bottles of AP by mistake sent to him ?? Ok they screwed up my order and sent it to the wrong guy. I will get the AP off him tommorow. We'll see how the customs situation pans out.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  14. Boy I am really loving the Prime AP combo.. both are going to be staples. I get excited when I think where I will be in a year from now possibly getting back on stage. I know one thing I will be in another class physique wise. I am so much bigger than I was and as I slowly lean out I can really see improvements. Slow and steady as she goes ..Snag and I agree on that. My skin should tighten up nicely too.

    I am also thinking of extending the carb cycle and adding in some of the new USP powder for fat loss. I still have enough of my other fat burners to run this a bit longer. There is nothing remotely catabolic about this protocol and with Prime I may actually add a little lean mass so I don't see the harm.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  15. Mornng fasted cardio with AP...

    Freak day 5 - I was very strong ... Prime's kickin in nicely

    30 more minutes cardio on this new precor cross trainer at the gym... very challenging. I was sweating like a pig... even moreso than usual.

    So back to day 1 of the freak ... I will be more agressive this time around... it ain't waitin... it's comin now!!!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  16. Second week day 1 Freak... Chest and back.

    Incline bench - 10 X 3 sets shoulder was bothering me again so I could not increase the weight as I had hoped. It was no worse though.

    Bent over rows - 10 X 3 sets increased by 10 lbs it went easily I may go up 20 next time.

    I am feeling nice and sore today so the Freak is doing it's job.

    Diet is still going well - today is a medium day.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  17. solid man you taking anything to help the shoulder like super cissus or something man that stuff did great things for my shoulder and knee

  18. Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    solid man you taking anything to help the shoulder like super cissus or something man that stuff did great things for my shoulder and knee


    Oh yah super cissus powder 2-2.5 grams a day...

    AM fasted cardio avec AP...

    Day 2 Week 2 freak Leg day!!

    Well I have been stretching out my hams more and man were they tight, no wonder I have been having problems. I will be stretching them periodically so I can get my flexibility back. I got through the leg portion without incident. I did not go that aggressive as my hams are still pretty tight.

    I killed it on puch press though up 20 lbs ...yah decided to just stick with push press rather than clean and press .. again the fuggin hammies.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  19. Whew what a battle last night, I started off the close grip bench 10 lbs up but had to go back down on the fifth set due to some soreness in my right shoulder. I guess push press and close grip take there toll, I don't ever remember close grip putting this much preasure on the out shoulder. I am thinking maybe my grip should be more narrow, I made this adjustment in my latter sets.

    Same weight on O curls as I found it very challenging the week before. When a got to 8-10 sets it was very challenging this week as well .. sets 1-7 were a lot better form however.

    Now here's a new turn.. the last couple - three days I have not noticed fat loss however I have noticed some significant size and volume increase. Muscle density like I have never seen it before on me. Now I am a little disappointed not to be visibly shedding body fat the way I had been in previous weeks but I am very pleased with the change in muscle hardness. Prime's kicked in I guess and pretty darn hard at 6 ed.

    As far as fat loss goes I am sure I will see some changes soon.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  20. Continued good stuff DW..patience on everything coming together my man! You'll know when/if you need to make changes to continue hitting your goals, and then they will be small adjustments at that. You're monitoring everything quite nicely.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Continued good stuff DW..patience on everything coming together my man! You'll know when/if you need to make changes to continue hitting your goals, and then they will be small adjustments at that. You're monitoring everything quite nicely.
    Thanks!


    Yah i already know where I can make some improvements if I have to. I will wait for tommorows weigh in and that coupled with what I see in the mirror along with my wife's opinion will help me make further decisions.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  22. This is kind of hard to believe but I weighed in today 4.4 lbs up from last week, I can't imagine what could have caused this!! I have been looking a lot bigger this week but 4 lbs!!

    The mirror today seemed to indicate some slight fat loss but I had so much more volume that it was hard to tell. I asked the wife she says I look a bit leaner and my love handles are pretty much gone. So when I weighed in I though maybe a little weight loss. I will confirm these numbers with the gym scales.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  23. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    This is kind of hard to believe but I weighed in today 4.4 lbs up from last week, I can't imagine what could have caused this!! I have been looking a lot bigger this week but 4 lbs!!

    The mirror today seemed to indicate some slight fat loss but I had so much more volume that it was hard to tell. I asked the wife she says I look a bit leaner and my love handles are pretty much gone. So when I weighed in I though maybe a little weight loss. I will confirm these numbers with the gym scales.
    you been back on the prime for about a week now eh?

    thats what it did for me week 1 4 lbs gained kinda nice

  24. Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    you been back on the prime for about a week now eh?

    thats what it did for me week 1 4 lbs gained kinda nice
    It's really strange though, on a calorie deficit ?
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  25. yea that is strange I wasn't in deficit I was at maintenance how much of a deficit are u in?

    Are u using any bcca or eaa I would imagine so if you are cutting depending on if and how much that could be the answer

  26. Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    yea that is strange I wasn't in deficit I was at maintenance how much of a deficit are u in?

    Are u using any bcca or eaa I would imagine so if you are cutting depending on if and how much that could be the answer
    It was my crappy scale I weighed myself at the gym was down by a tenth of a pound maybe 2 tenths. Makes more sense, I have seen size increase but not 4 lbs worth. I am still going to tighten my diet up just a tad though. I am defininitely leaner as my clothes fit more loosely.

    Last night day 4 of the freak and it's a real fast workout but I went up 15 lbs on bench and 10 on B.O. rows (could have gone 20). So that's the Prime strength gains kickin ... right on schedule.

    Fasted AP cardio this morning .. get the rest of the day off .. high carbs yoohoo!! Had a cup of oats, with a spoon full of natural pb and a heaping scoop of myofusion in 1/4 cup of skim milk, threw in 2 slices of raisin cinnimon ezeikiel bread. Feeling pretty damn huge!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  27. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Fasted AP cardio this morning .. get the rest of the day off .. high carbs yoohoo!! Had a cup of oats, with a spoon full of natural pb and a heaping scoop of myofusion in 1/4 cup of skim milk, threw in 2 slices of raisin cinnimon ezeikiel bread. Feeling pretty damn huge!!
    mmmm, yummy. I bet you're feeling good on the carb re-up!
    Got one coming myself soon..

  28. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    mmmm, yummy. I bet you're feeling good on the carb re-up!
    Got one coming myself soon..
    You know it... I think plsin is working better and better for me and on the high carbs days I am using plsin for 2 meals and AP for lunch. No carbs are taken without some kind of nutrient catalyst. I have adopted this policy throughout the week as well, I am always covered.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  29. Well the mirror is telling a nice story today.. patience is the key as Snag mentioned and I am sure I have also throughout this thread. Now that Prime has kicked in there should be minimal actual weight loss but obvious fat loss. This may slow the cut down a bit who knows but I will take quality fat loss over quick loss any day. This isn't a race and I will extend the cut anyway. Cycling nutrients this way can be done indefinitely anyway. I am not losing any mass (actually gaining some) so there is no harm done. Lets see how low I can go.

    The extension will involve similar macro cycling and I still have a bottle of Meltdown and will likely have some Lean Out left. I will ramp up the prime intake. We'll see how it goes and make small adjustments as needed. The leaner and tighter I get the easier for me to shoot for a contest prep next year. It will keep my skin tighter and eliminate pocket fat problems.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Well the mirror is telling a nice story today.. patience is the key as Snag mentioned and I am sure I have also throughout this thread. Now that Prime has kicked in there should be minimal actual weight loss but obvious fat loss. This may slow the cut down a bit who knows but I will take quality fat loss over quick loss any day. This isn't a race and I will extend the cut anyway. Cycling nutrients this way can be done indefinitely anyway. I am not losing any mass (actually gaining some) so there is no harm done. Lets see how low I can go.

    The extension will involve similar macro cycling and I still have a bottle of Meltdown and will likely have some Lean Out left. I will ramp up the prime intake. We'll see how it goes and make small adjustments as needed. The leaner and tighter I get the easier for me to shoot for a contest prep next year. It will keep my skin tighter and eliminate pocket fat problems.
    what are you dosing the prime at now?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. M16's 7 Day X-Dream log
    By M16 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
  2. This looks like a bad dream...
    By ModelMike in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
  3. I had this dream
    By Ubiquitous in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Log in
Log in