Cut/Recomp Exravaganza of Dream's

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by dmillz224 View Post
    man I'm a little late but good log as always DW reading your description of your workouts just makes me wanna go slay some iron but today is just cardio so will have to wait till tomarrow

I just started dominatp last week its a pretty nice pre workout I'm also liking refresh anyways keep up the good work bro I'll be checkin in
    Cario for me too... starting the Freak tommorow...

Halfway things are looking good!! Looks like I'm a bit ahead of schedule...

Started Prime again today .. back on Napalm for 2 weeks...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Loved my first day on Freak!! I was out of there in 30 minutes and feeling great!! I was a bit conservative as it was my first time, next time I'll throw some more weight on. Shoulder didn't feel too bad.

Not as difficult as I thought today is day 2 Legs!!.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    today is day 2 Legs!!.
    oooo..fun times!

Not as difficult as I thought..
    famous last words..
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    famous last words..
    Oh noo!! That doesn't sound good!!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Damn not a good night for legs!!

I doing the second month of the freak so legs is leg press 5X5. I mean it's only leg press so I load it right up and when I go to do my second set I get a cramp in my inner right thigh, I tried to rub it out did some stretches it wouldn't go away. So I couldn't finish as I was not going to risk injury, I get this sometimes it goes away the next day. I go very very deep on my leg press with a wide stance and toes slightly outward which does put some extra stress on the inner thigh (intentionally).

I finished the calf raise on the leg press machine, felt very good, I held my contractions for a couple seconds as this seems to be the best way to work this exercise.

On to clean and press.. first couple sets went very well and I was pretty impressed with my form. Then on the third set I felt a twinge in my previously injured hamstring. I finished the 3rd set and part of the 4th but finished off the rest of the 4th and 5th just doing push press. No sense in risking injury and I did not like the way my hamstring felt. Worse comes to worse push press is ok for me as my traps tend to get overdeveloped when I do cleans anyway.

I am a bit concerned that the hamstring is not healed completely, hope it doesn't cause me further difficulty.

Damn!! it's so hard when your ready to tear it to pieces and your body is whining!! Fuggg!!
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

I doing the second month of the freak so legs is leg press 5X5. I mean it's only leg press so I load it right up and when I go to do my second set I get a cramp in my inner right thigh..
    here's where I had to start tweaking the program a smidge, as I don't have a leg press sled in my garage..thought about doing lunges, but went w/ BB squats..I'm just picturing you saying 'it's only squats'..
    I am a bit concerned that the hamstring is not healed completely, hope it doesn't cause me further difficulty.
    ouch..me too man.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

here's where I had to start tweaking the program a smidge, as I don't have a leg press sled in my garage..thought about doing lunges, but went w/ BB squats..I'm just picturing you saying 'it's only squats'..
    ouch..me too man.

Yah squats are not to be disrespected ... I stayed with the leg press cuz I have been doing squats for a long time and thought maybe time for a change. Normally I only do single legs on leg press...
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Sorry to hear it DW! That is the worst when the desire is screaming go go go and your body is griping. A wise man will prevail big man!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Sorry to hear it DW! That is the worst when the desire is screaming go go go and your body is griping. A wise man will prevail big man!!
    Yah .. I didn't want to be wise ... I wanted to kick azz....
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Hah!!! Azz kikin went down last night... love arm day on this routine!! I powered right through both exercises 10 X 3 sets. For those who don't know the two exercises are decline close grip bench and curls which to me means O bar curls. I felt like a real monster.

Woke up today did a weigh in and I was down 1.4 lbs from last week so that's 7.4 total in 4.5 weeks. If your recall last week I was up a half a lb or so. This weigh in makes more sense and overall I have to say it jibes with what I am seeing in the mirror. Retained muscle mass with significant leaning out. That's what I aimed for. So 240.6 looks like I will drop down below 240 but not by much. Who know's with Prime kicking in now I may just stay the same and reach my mark of 10% at 240. It's going to get interesting stay tuned.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Hah!!! Azz kikin went down last night... love arm day on this routine!! I powered right through both exercises 10 X 3 sets. For those who don't know the two exercises are decline close grip bench and curls which to me means O bar curls. I felt like a real monster.
    yeah that was one of my fav days too.
    Woke up today did a weigh in and I was down 1.4 lbs from last week so that's 7.4 total in 4.5 weeks. If your recall last week I was up a half a lb or so. This weigh in makes more sense and overall I have to say it jibes with what I am seeing in the mirror. Retained muscle mass with significant leaning out. That's what I aimed for. So 240.6 looks like I will drop down below 240 but not by much. Who know's with Prime kicking in now I may just stay the same and reach my mark of 10% at 240.
    It's going to get interesting stay tuned.
    sure thing..

slow and steady, making nice progress my man.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

yeah that was one of my fav days too.

sure thing..

slow and steady, making nice progress my man.
    Thanks yah sure beats the heck out of having to lose everything so quickly.. like I used to do. It's a lot easier to tollerate as well. I don't feel like I am depriving myself.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Pretty good workout last night but really fuggin short!! I was in and out... I get tonight off did some morning fasted cardio and still have about 140 grams of carbs to play with this evening.

What a fuggin bad day for recieving supps... first I find out customs has my T911 and AP, I am pretty sure AP is ok but T911 has yohimbine and it may not be allowed in Canada. Then I ordered powerfull from a Canadian distibutor and some guy phones me and says he has 3 bottles of AP by mistake sent to him ?? Ok they screwed up my order and sent it to the wrong guy. I will get the AP off him tommorow. We'll see how the customs situation pans out.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Boy I am really loving the Prime AP combo.. both are going to be staples. I get excited when I think where I will be in a year from now possibly getting back on stage. I know one thing I will be in another class physique wise. I am so much bigger than I was and as I slowly lean out I can really see improvements. Slow and steady as she goes ..Snag and I agree on that. My skin should tighten up nicely too.

I am also thinking of extending the carb cycle and adding in some of the new USP powder for fat loss. I still have enough of my other fat burners to run this a bit longer. There is nothing remotely catabolic about this protocol and with Prime I may actually add a little lean mass so I don't see the harm.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Mornng fasted cardio with AP...

Freak day 5 - I was very strong ... Prime's kickin in nicely

30 more minutes cardio on this new precor cross trainer at the gym... very challenging. I was sweating like a pig... even moreso than usual.

So back to day 1 of the freak ... I will be more agressive this time around... it ain't waitin... it's comin now!!!!
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Second week day 1 Freak... Chest and back.

Incline bench - 10 X 3 sets shoulder was bothering me again so I could not increase the weight as I had hoped. It was no worse though.

Bent over rows - 10 X 3 sets increased by 10 lbs it went easily I may go up 20 next time.

I am feeling nice and sore today so the Freak is doing it's job.

Diet is still going well - today is a medium day.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.81%

solid man you taking anything to help the shoulder like super cissus or something man that stuff did great things for my shoulder and knee
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

solid man you taking anything to help the shoulder like super cissus or something man that stuff did great things for my shoulder and knee

Oh yah super cissus powder 2-2.5 grams a day...

AM fasted cardio avec AP...

Day 2 Week 2 freak Leg day!!

Well I have been stretching out my hams more and man were they tight, no wonder I have been having problems. I will be stretching them periodically so I can get my flexibility back. I got through the leg portion without incident. I did not go that aggressive as my hams are still pretty tight.

I killed it on puch press though up 20 lbs ...yah decided to just stick with push press rather than clean and press .. again the fuggin hammies.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Whew what a battle last night, I started off the close grip bench 10 lbs up but had to go back down on the fifth set due to some soreness in my right shoulder. I guess push press and close grip take there toll, I don't ever remember close grip putting this much preasure on the out shoulder. I am thinking maybe my grip should be more narrow, I made this adjustment in my latter sets.

Same weight on O curls as I found it very challenging the week before. When a got to 8-10 sets it was very challenging this week as well .. sets 1-7 were a lot better form however.

Now here's a new turn.. the last couple - three days I have not noticed fat loss however I have noticed some significant size and volume increase. Muscle density like I have never seen it before on me. Now I am a little disappointed not to be visibly shedding body fat the way I had been in previous weeks but I am very pleased with the change in muscle hardness. Prime's kicked in I guess and pretty darn hard at 6 ed.

As far as fat loss goes I am sure I will see some changes soon.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Continued good stuff DW..patience on everything coming together my man! You'll know when/if you need to make changes to continue hitting your goals, and then they will be small adjustments at that. You're monitoring everything quite nicely.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Continued good stuff DW..patience on everything coming together my man! You'll know when/if you need to make changes to continue hitting your goals, and then they will be small adjustments at that. You're monitoring everything quite nicely.
    Thanks!

Yah i already know where I can make some improvements if I have to. I will wait for tommorows weigh in and that coupled with what I see in the mirror along with my wife's opinion will help me make further decisions.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

This is kind of hard to believe but I weighed in today 4.4 lbs up from last week, I can't imagine what could have caused this!! I have been looking a lot bigger this week but 4 lbs!!

The mirror today seemed to indicate some slight fat loss but I had so much more volume that it was hard to tell. I asked the wife she says I look a bit leaner and my love handles are pretty much gone. So when I weighed in I though maybe a little weight loss. I will confirm these numbers with the gym scales.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.81%

This is kind of hard to believe but I weighed in today 4.4 lbs up from last week, I can't imagine what could have caused this!! I have been looking a lot bigger this week but 4 lbs!!

The mirror today seemed to indicate some slight fat loss but I had so much more volume that it was hard to tell. I asked the wife she says I look a bit leaner and my love handles are pretty much gone. So when I weighed in I though maybe a little weight loss. I will confirm these numbers with the gym scales.
    you been back on the prime for about a week now eh?

thats what it did for me week 1 4 lbs gained kinda nice
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

you been back on the prime for about a week now eh?

thats what it did for me week 1 4 lbs gained kinda nice
    It's really strange though, on a calorie deficit ?
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.81%

yea that is strange I wasn't in deficit I was at maintenance how much of a deficit are u in?

Are u using any bcca or eaa I would imagine so if you are cutting depending on if and how much that could be the answer
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

yea that is strange I wasn't in deficit I was at maintenance how much of a deficit are u in?

Are u using any bcca or eaa I would imagine so if you are cutting depending on if and how much that could be the answer
    It was my crappy scale I weighed myself at the gym was down by a tenth of a pound maybe 2 tenths. Makes more sense, I have seen size increase but not 4 lbs worth. I am still going to tighten my diet up just a tad though. I am defininitely leaner as my clothes fit more loosely.

Last night day 4 of the freak and it's a real fast workout but I went up 15 lbs on bench and 10 on B.O. rows (could have gone 20). So that's the Prime strength gains kickin ... right on schedule.

Fasted AP cardio this morning .. get the rest of the day off .. high carbs yoohoo!! Had a cup of oats, with a spoon full of natural pb and a heaping scoop of myofusion in 1/4 cup of skim milk, threw in 2 slices of raisin cinnimon ezeikiel bread. Feeling pretty damn huge!!
  27. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Fasted AP cardio this morning .. get the rest of the day off .. high carbs yoohoo!! Had a cup of oats, with a spoon full of natural pb and a heaping scoop of myofusion in 1/4 cup of skim milk, threw in 2 slices of raisin cinnimon ezeikiel bread. Feeling pretty damn huge!!
    mmmm, yummy. I bet you're feeling good on the carb re-up!
    Got one coming myself soon..
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

mmmm, yummy. I bet you're feeling good on the carb re-up!
    Got one coming myself soon..
    You know it... I think plsin is working better and better for me and on the high carbs days I am using plsin for 2 meals and AP for lunch. No carbs are taken without some kind of nutrient catalyst. I have adopted this policy throughout the week as well, I am always covered.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Well the mirror is telling a nice story today.. patience is the key as Snag mentioned and I am sure I have also throughout this thread. Now that Prime has kicked in there should be minimal actual weight loss but obvious fat loss. This may slow the cut down a bit who knows but I will take quality fat loss over quick loss any day. This isn't a race and I will extend the cut anyway. Cycling nutrients this way can be done indefinitely anyway. I am not losing any mass (actually gaining some) so there is no harm done. Lets see how low I can go.

The extension will involve similar macro cycling and I still have a bottle of Meltdown and will likely have some Lean Out left. I will ramp up the prime intake. We'll see how it goes and make small adjustments as needed. The leaner and tighter I get the easier for me to shoot for a contest prep next year. It will keep my skin tighter and eliminate pocket fat problems.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.81%

Well the mirror is telling a nice story today.. patience is the key as Snag mentioned and I am sure I have also throughout this thread. Now that Prime has kicked in there should be minimal actual weight loss but obvious fat loss. This may slow the cut down a bit who knows but I will take quality fat loss over quick loss any day. This isn't a race and I will extend the cut anyway. Cycling nutrients this way can be done indefinitely anyway. I am not losing any mass (actually gaining some) so there is no harm done. Lets see how low I can go.

The extension will involve similar macro cycling and I still have a bottle of Meltdown and will likely have some Lean Out left. I will ramp up the prime intake. We'll see how it goes and make small adjustments as needed. The leaner and tighter I get the easier for me to shoot for a contest prep next year. It will keep my skin tighter and eliminate pocket fat problems.
    what are you dosing the prime at now?
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

what are you dosing the prime at now?
    6 ed no need to go higher than that in the first 4 weeks. Not for me anyway.

Morning HIT cardio fasted with AP

Day 5 of freak which is insanely quick then did another 30 minutes cardio on the Precor cross trainer... love that machine.

It's a low carb day .. feeling pretty deflated...
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Ok quick catch up

Day 1 Freak on Sunday followed by heavy ab training

Good day for a morning session, I don't do well in morning sessions. I was up 20 lbs on the first few sets of incline bb press then dropped 10 lbs to finish which is still up 10 lbs. I know I am stronger but my shoulder is not ready for heavy weight. I was up to as high as 235 at first normally for this 10 X 3 routine 275 would be more the norm. So only about 40 lbs off.

Up 20 lbs on bent over rows, legs loosening up due to a lot of stretching my power in my low half is coming back at which point I own these, as I am ultra thick.

Ab training went well, I am becoming more proficient at Wheel of death.

Yesterdy Leg day with Clean and press

Up 50 lbs on leg press... don't be alarmed I am nowhere near my potential, this is a very good machine with excellent range so I will not be able to do as much but still I have a long way to go before I reach where I should be. My hamstrings are loosening though so that will come.

Clean and press what a battle on the fourth set I only got 3 reps due to shear exhaustion. I lowered the weight by 10 lbs and finished. Again I was up 20 to start. Now that my legs are better I will continue with these instead of push press. Man are they exhausting though. I lost this round but will be back for more next week.

Body comp looking good.. like my progress .. switched back to Lipoderm. I definitely look like I lost some fat this week as I tightened up my diet a bit.
  33. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

I am becoming more proficient at Wheel of death.
    such a cheery name, isn't it?
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

such a cheery name, isn't it?
    An accurate description however....
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Very good arm session last night ... ok the Freak is an accumulative effect. It seems like after your done some sessions your think is that all and then you do it for a couple weeks and you start to get the point. Tremendous growth potential in this routine when done with the right ferocity. Ferocity being the word for my effort last night. I was in the zone and smashed it. Up 10 lbs on close grip, I tried this the previous week but only got a few sets .. this time I made all 10. To add to the effort the bar was kind of slippery and my grip would slide a bit, otherwise I think I would have been up another 10.

O bar curl .. I just did what I had done the week before with better form. I knew I had room to improve technique wise from the previous week so that's the route I took. I was happy with the effort.

Just HITT cardio tonight back at it tommorow.

Body comp. - looks like I will be down 1-2 lbs from last week but who knows. I predict a reduction of 1.25 - 1.5 lbs. I will weigh in tommorow night.
  36. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

ok the Freak is an accumulative effect. It seems like after your done some sessions your think is that all and then you do it for a couple weeks and you start to get the point. Tremendous growth potential in this routine when done with the right ferocity.
    yes..so cool to see you embracing this protocol, and grasping the realization of benefits as I did. it's one thing to look at it and mull it..quite another to put it into practice and fully realize the brilliance of it!

your mentality (i.e. ferociusness) is perfectly matched to this strucure.
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

yes..so cool to see you embracing this protocol, and grasping the realization of benefits as I did. it's one thing to look at it and mull it..quite another to put it into practice and fully realize the brilliance of it!

your mentality (i.e. ferociusness) is perfectly matched to this strucure.
    Thanks,

One other comment on the Freak is that it there is next to no wasted effort. I feel everything I do has benefit. Some routines run you down too much.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.47%

Plowed my way through day 4 of the freak in about 15 minutes...yah it's a short day. Chest was done 10 lbs higher, same with bent over rows.

More interesting though was weigh in. Earlier I had predicted I would be about 1 to 1.5 lbs lighter well I was dead wrong up 1 lb!! Okay this is the strangest cut I am gaining weight and losing fat!! Yah I am definitely leaner than I was last week!! So I'm 241.5 don't know if I will make 10% but I have to be getting close. Oh and the weight gain started when I went back on Prime ... go figure.

I got something new to try out... the infamous product X. I plan on taking a week off after next week then I will run a more agressive Prime protocol with AP of course. I plan on continuing a macro cycle, I mean why not look how it's working. This may be a good place to add some Product X ... what dya think!!
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.81%

ohhhh the infamous product x should be a nice addition
  40. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

This may be a good place to add some Product X ... what dya think!!
    No secret that I'm a fan..

Similar Forum Threads

1. x-dream 2
    By Imeniaan in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
  2. M16's 7 Day X-Dream log
    By M16 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
  3. X-Dream..
    By AK32408 in forum Celtic Labs