Cut/Recomp Exravaganza of Dream's

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Thumbs up


    "I love it when a plan comes together!" -George Peppard.

    Good stuff DW.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    "I love it when a plan comes together!" -George Peppard.

    Good stuff DW.
    The perfect quote...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   
       


  3. Wow!! got up this morning I was looking pretty damn tight... not something I'm used to...

    Pretty sore after last week... feeling a bit run down... but tight and lean. I slept very well last night, could be I'm not getting enough carbs!! Man I can't believe how much I am eating and still losing weight.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  4. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Wow!! got up this morning I was looking pretty damn tight...
    I love this guy's modesty!

    Bring on some pics!!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    I love this guy's modesty!

    Bring on some pics!!
    I'll do some at the end of the cut maybe.. I am not prepared for pics.. I haven't done any tanning in 2 years, I have only been removing hair from my back and arms and that is every couple of months.

    I will be down to around 10% but there is some loose skin to deal with (remember I'm a bit long in the tooth). I am making very good progress ...yes but I don't know what people expect from someone my age. Yah I train like a young man but there will be some old man problems still.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   
       


  6. Know it well DW. I am sure you rep us old guys well!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Know it well DW. I am sure you rep us old guys well!!
    Thanks ...yah I'm doing well I know I am, but there's definitely some issues. I have about 13 months left to prep so I have plenty of time if I decide to hit the stage again. I am hoping to stay lean all year round which will take care of a lot of the loose skin. If I only have to lose 20 lbs or so during my prep that will help me tremendously as well.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  8. No pressure bro..post 'em when you feel the time is right!
    I'm just excited for your progress..

  9. You can send that 20 my way! I just can't break this plateau I'm at. I am actually going to log my first hormonal soon(sponsored) of 1-AndroRX by IronMag Labs. I am nervously excited to say the least. I just want to get into the 225-230 range!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  10. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    No pressure bro..post 'em when you feel the time is right!
    I'm just excited for your progress..
    Yah and I appreciate all you help and encouragement!! I just like to be ready when pic time comes. I will come. I think eventually when all is said and done I will look better than I ever have due to the amount of mass I have been able to gain and maintain. I'm excited too!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  11. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    You can send that 20 my way! I just can't break this plateau I'm at. I am actually going to log my first hormonal soon(sponsored) of 1-AndroRX by IronMag Labs. I am nervously excited to say the least. I just want to get into the 225-230 range!!
    Lol yah at least I have all the mass I need, now the quality!! I am trying to get a much harder look.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  12. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Lol yah at least I have all the mass I need, now the quality!! I am trying to get a much harder look.
    There lies the challenge....grainy and full!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  13. sorry, but what supplements are you taking to retain your muscle??

  14. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    sorry, but what supplements are you taking to retain your muscle??
    To some extent yes ... while I lose fat.

    I don't do hard cuts at this stage, nor will I ever do a full out bulk. I do different shades of recomp. Currently my recomp is aimed more at losing fat and maintaining muscle. I will sometimes try to gain a little muscle and lose a little fat. This is a slower process but it is possible with modern supps. So the supps I am currently taking are a) Aimed mostly at fat loss b) I take supps to remain anabolic as possible while I lose weight. TNT does a pretty good job of keeping me aggessive while cutting fat, I do however feel that Prime will do a better job. (We'll see).

    The nutrient partioners... anabolic pump and Pslin can be used either way. They are great tools for any kind of recomp. Personally I think Anabolic Pump is the most effective supplement I have ever used to help burn fat. It does not work directly to do so but allows you to design a method to do so very easily without giving up carbs.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  15. I would suggest come sort of amino acid drink such as Xtend or purplr wraath. I use these on cuts and it works wonders when i cant eat as much. Its a zero calorie drink that feeds my muscles and speeds up my metabolism.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I would suggest come sort of amino acid drink such as Xtend or purplr wraath. I use these on cuts and it works wonders when i cant eat as much. Its a zero calorie drink that feeds my muscles and speeds up my metabolism.
    Something with BCAA's and EAA's I guess. Yah I have thought about it. Catabolism is not currently an issue but this might be something to add on a contest prep type scenario. Maybe some Xtend for during workouts, I'll think about it thanks.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  17. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I would suggest come sort of amino acid drink such as Xtend or purplr wraath. I use these on cuts and it works wonders when i cant eat as much. Its a zero calorie drink that feeds my muscles and speeds up my metabolism.
    DominATP has many of the ingredients as Xtend does

    Dicreatine Malate 4500 mg **
    Beta Alanine 3000 mg **
    Leucine 5000 mg **
    Citrulline Malate 3500 mg **
    Agmatine Sulfate 500 mg **
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  18. ah ok cool. I wasnt really familiar with that product. I almost thought it was a little strange that they werent in there somewhere! It seems like you are well on your way to becoming what you want. Kee up the hard work!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    ah ok cool. I wasnt really familiar with that product. I almost thought it was a little strange that they werent in there somewhere! It seems like you are well on your way to becoming what you want. Kee up the hard work!
    Thanks...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  20. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    DominATP has many of the ingredients as Xtend does

    Dicreatine Malate 4500 mg **
    Beta Alanine 3000 mg **
    Leucine 5000 mg **
    Citrulline Malate 3500 mg **
    Agmatine Sulfate 500 mg **

    I'm jealous DW -- I haven't even been able to check out DominATP..

    While this looks like a great product, it's not quite on Xtend or PurpleWraath level (or Core ABC). I agree with you about the need to look further into this when you cut cals/carbs more, but a couple points:
    Xtend is a balanced BCAA blend, bringing in the other two BC's valine & isoleucine. IMO, these two are just as important as leucine in the process. Leucine gets all the headlines, but the other two create the proper synergy..
    And further exponentiate that with EAA's (the other 5 aminos that the body cannot produce on it's own).
    My .02 -- I like the above mentioned products, probably PurpleWraath the best because it brings in EAA's, but I also like a product called NitroE8 when I'm in hardcore cal deficit; this is not cheap, but is beyond comparison..

  21. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    I'm jealous DW -- I haven't even been able to check out DominATP..

    While this looks like a great product, it's not quite on Xtend or PurpleWraath level (or Core ABC). I agree with you about the need to look further into this when you cut cals/carbs more, but a couple points:
    Xtend is a balanced BCAA blend, bringing in the other two BC's valine & isoleucine. IMO, these two are just as important as leucine in the process. Leucine gets all the headlines, but the other two create the proper synergy..
    And further exponentiate that with EAA's (the other 5 aminos that the body cannot produce on it's own).
    My .02 -- I like the above mentioned products, probably PurpleWraath the best because it brings in EAA's, but I also like a product called NitroE8 when I'm in hardcore cal deficit; this is not cheap, but is beyond comparison..

    Yah NP got a few hundred lbs and it was gone in a few days....

    hmmm well I think I'm ok for now but may look into something else if I go on a more intense cut ... and that will be only at contest time. Good to be informed though.. thanks..
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  22. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah NP got a few hundred lbs and it was gone in a few days....

    hmmm well I think I'm ok for now but may look into something else if I go on a more intense cut ... and that will be only at contest time. Good to be informed though.. thanks..
    Yessir..I think you're good with the DominATP right now too..

  23. Really hit the wall last night.. the diet was probably a factor but not the only one. It's that time of year where it is getting hotter outside and in the gym and it's before they're willing to turn on the air conditioning. It was very hot in the gym. The other factor was pace... yah we finished at least 15-20 minutes faster than we did the previous week. There are a lot of drop sets in this routine and plenty of volume. It was not my strength that waned it was my stamina.

    At the end of my chest workout I was missing reps and having to reduce weight. It was still a good fight but definitely, performance was down.

    Back started out similar untill the last 2 exercises I got my second wind and slayed them. What a pump! I guess I realized that I was setting a wicked pace and it seemed to energize me .. plus that area of the gym is more open and less stuffy. Anywho it was another happy ending. Never give up the fight ... it's not over till it's over. Felt pretty good about my effort.. man am I stiff today.

    Like I said the diet is starting to have an effect ... don't think TNT is going to hold off the effects of dieting forever. My hope is when I start a new routine and begin taking prime I will get a boost. I won't do any kind of cut without Prime again, especially if all goes according to plan. Prime to the rescue ... starts on Sunday. I will be doing month 2 of the Freak. I'll ease into it though, will be conservative with the weight at first.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Prime to the rescue ... starts on Sunday. I will be doing month 2 of the Freak. I'll ease into it though, will be conservative with the weight at first.
    Cool deal on the month #2 schematic, rock 'n roll bro..
    Bringing back some Prime myself very shortly, need that extra edge & recovery as I trim down the cal intake.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Cool deal on the month #2 schematic, rock 'n roll bro..
    Bringing back some Prime myself very shortly, need that extra edge & recovery as I trim down the cal intake.
    You said it, exactly what I was trying to imply.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  26. Interesting development this morning .. I weighed in and it reported I was up .6 of a pound. I full expected to be down 1.5 to 2 lbs based on what I have seen this week. I am not taking this to the bank, I strongly suspect my scales are fugged.. Will see at the gym scales which give me a more consistant value.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  27. Yah!! last night was awsome, I must have hit the supps just right, I really had great strength and stamina an I rocked all the way through. I actually was able to increase on some of my shoulder exercises. The intensity was through the roof. I love that feeling where my 3rd set feels like my first. The BA was really kicked in.

    I weighed in at the gym and it's confirmed I am actually up about 3/4 of a pound from last week. Just when I was almost ready to give up on TNT I get this great workout and find I am actually putting on some mass during a diet. I definitely got leaner, by how much I don't know but I would guess about 1 to 1.5 lbs of fat. My clothes are a tad looser where it counts and I am feeling huge. Still some fat in my chest but it seems to be diminishing on my lower back and sides. I have to say there is less on my chest as well. So I think the spot reduction is working.

    I am almost half way and I seem to be right on schedule. I am a little over 242 and If I had to guess I would see I am a little under 12% body fat. If I have another week like this I will be around the same weight and just over 11% with 3 weeks left. With Prime kicking in and the way things are going my original goal of 240 at 10% is not looking impossible. My diet seems to be dialed in perfectly now as I made those adjustments adding more carbs.

    Just to give you guys a point of reference the last time I was 10% I was around 210 lbs. Yah it's been a good couple years. There is nobody that can tell me these herbal supps I have been using don't work!! My comp weight would be around 20 lbs heavier and I would probably be leaner. The very experienced guys will know just how amazing this is for natural bodybuilding.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  28. Wife was away so I threw together the following recipe

    Ingredients
    Stuff I found in the fridge

    Got home yesterday and was really fuggin hungry after my cardio session

    So looked in the fridge.. I thought she said she cooked chicken .. oh yah had that for lunch .. where does she keep the damn tuna... can't find it.

    Eggs .. I'll use eggs.
    Get the wok out
    Crack in 8 eggs try not to get too many shells in it
    Need carbs... ahh there's some cooked rice in the fridge
    Measured a cup and a half threw it in the damn wok with the eggs
    Couple handfulls of broccoli gotta have my veg...
    Now gotta flavor this sucker.. he here's some grated parmesan
    add some salt and pepper
    Lets shake some spicy thai sauce in there.
    mix till eggs are cooked
    Eat it right out of the walk.. makes less dishes.
    I didn't puke so it was a success... really didn't taste bad at all.

    See Snag is not the only one who can cook!!
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  29. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Wife was away so I threw together the following recipe

    Ingredients
    Stuff I found in the fridge



    Eggs .. I'll use eggs.
    Get the wok out
    Crack in 8 eggs try not to get too many shells in itNeed carbs... ahh there's some cooked rice in the fridge
    Measured a cup and a half threw it in the damn wok with the eggs
    Couple handfulls of broccoli gotta have my veg...
    Now gotta flavor this sucker.. he here's some grated parmesan
    add some salt and pepper
    Lets shake some spicy thai sauce in there.
    mix till eggs are cooked
    Eat it right out of the walk.. makes less dishes.I didn't puke so it was a success... really didn't taste bad at all.

    See Snag is not the only one who can cook!!

  30. man I'm a little late but good log as always DW reading your description of your workouts just makes me wanna go slay some iron but today is just cardio so will have to wait till tomarrow

    I just started dominatp last week its a pretty nice pre workout I'm also liking refresh anyways keep up the good work bro I'll be checkin in
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. M16's 7 Day X-Dream log
    By M16 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
  2. This looks like a bad dream...
    By ModelMike in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 06:35 PM
  3. I had this dream
    By Ubiquitous in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Log in
Log in