Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The Preworkout Ultimatum:

Ultima
Codename: Thunder V2

Custom from Omega Sports was generous enough to provide me a tub of Ultima; their caffeine-free pre-workout product.
I am very grateful to Omega Sports, and am eager get this log rolling!

Ultima has been receiving some very positive reviews, which can been seen here, as well as being very thoroughly logged by our own Steveoph, Iron Lungz and B5150.

So, why was I added to the list of loggers? Because I have a very long, self-inflicted bad relationship with pre-workout stims and the numerous negative side-effects they can produce. So much so, that I have primarily ditched them, settled in on a nootropic blend of my own devise, and used that or something similar with maybe a cup of coffee pre-workout.

I, however, have high hopes for Ultima – the uniqueness of it’s formula and ingredients, it’s suggested sublingual dosing, and it’s lack of caffeine make it very promising for a “pre-workout snob” such as myself.

For a full write-up on Ultima and its contents, see this page.

As each day proceeds, I will provide a review and explanation of my experiences with Ultima. I will relate any increases in performance, strength, energy, endurance and the overall sensation of what it is like to use this product.

About Me:
6’4”
244lbs as of this morning
BF% - I don’t care so long as it’s going down (11%?)
Squat: 400x2
Deadlift: 500x3
Bench: 335x3
(These PRs are from January, and I have gained strength since then, but have not again tested my maxes)

I am currently Recomping – attempting to maintain weight, replacing fat with muscle. Progress is slow, but constant.

I began lifting to gain size and strength in June 2006, weighing in at 180lb and about 10% BF. 60+ lb and almost 3years later, I feel I’ve made some tremendous strides, and have done so entirely naturally; I have never used anything more potent than T-911.

Supplementation:

Upon Waking: 5g BCAA, 2g Vitamin C, 700mg EGCG

With Each Meal: 5g Leucine, 40mg active Forskolin, 4g Fish Oil and 1scoop TP Gemma Protein

Pre-workout: ULTIMA sublingually, 15g EAA
Intra-workout: Ultima aqueously + 50g CHO + 25g 4:1:1 BCAA
Post-workout: 2.5C 1% Milk + 30g WPI

Pre-Bed: 5g EAA or BCAA + 3 ZMA caps

Diet:
I am following an Intermittent Fasting Protocol wherein all my meals occur within an 8 hour window immediately surrounding my workouts. On lifting days, my intake is ~4200kcals, and ~1800-200kcals on recovery days. I typically begin eating around 11:30am, workout at 1pm and finish eating by 7:30pm.
Yes, I realize this diet is unorthodox, but so am I. And, I have only gained strength while eating in this way and seem to be recomping as well, considering my pants are looser in the waist and tighter in the thighs, my shirts have not gotten looser in the chest or arms, and I’m down 2lb in ~2 weeks.

Lifting Day Macronutrients:
CHO PRO FAT
Breakfast 150 100 25
Post-w/o Meal 160 100 25
2nd Post-w/o Meal 120 100 25

Revovery Day Macronutrients:
CHO PRO FAT
Breakfast 15 85 25
Meal 2 15 85 25
Meal 3 15 85 25

Training Regimen:

I lift 4 days a week, with total body sessions each time. For this log, two lifts each day will emphasize strength, while the remainder of movements will focus on hypertrophy. Also, I will be shooting for a total number of reps at a given weight, rather than a specific set rep scheme. For example, tomorrow, for my first workout on Ultima, I will begin with Squats, aiming to do 24 total reps with ~6RM, for however many sets that requires. For Strength I will perform 24 total reps, for hypertrophy I will perform anywhere from 40 to 80, dependant upon the day and the movement in question.

Typically, I perform:
2 Lower Body Movements (3 including calves),
1-2 Upper Body Pushes
1-2 Upper Body Pulls
2-3 Accessory Isolation Movements

I will of course be tracking my number and progress with my workouts in this log. I also perform a minimum of 15min of moderate pace cardio following each lifting session, of whatever kind I choose.

Tomorrow’s the first workout! Thanks for reading along!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. :)

Have you noticed much from taking Leucine with meals?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed R!!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!
I love the smell of Ultima in the morning! :D

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. :)

Have you noticed much from taking Leucine with meals?
I've noticed that it's a freaking lot cheaper than mega-dosing BCAAs and, so far, just as effective. I've been eating very little on recovery days and have not lost any muscle. Also, it seems to help a good deal with DOMS, but I'm not sure why.

Sub'd for sure! Good luck...
Welcome JD! Thanks for dropping in!

Subbed R!!
AZ - it's great to have you sir! Your always a pleasure to have around.

About time you got yours Resolve :D
I've had it for a couple of weeks, but had to wrap a couple of things up before I could start this. I just meant that I got to watch you and Iron log it and benefit from your experiences! :D

Subscribed!
I love the smell of Ultima in the morning! :D
Nice - the Ranger has arrived!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that you mentioned taking Leucine every day, I realized I haven't been taking BCAAs/EAAs on off days other than pre-bed...I may start having them in between all my meals. See what happens.

5g of BC+EAA between each meal, 1 scoop of Purple Wrath pre-bed, and 20g of BCAAs intra-wo...Yaaaaaaaa.....I'll feel greeaaaaaaaaat...Yaaaaaaaa

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed good buddy :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It must be nice, being an LG rep Irish - you get your BC+EAA free! I'm looking forward to that Kiwi Watermelon flavor coming up...

Metroba - good to see you man; it'll be nice to have you following along.

Something of note that I thought I'd point out: emblazoned large and proud across the side of the Ultima label is the GMP Seal. Good Manufacturing Practices pretty much is the symbol of quality and purity for laboratory manufactured products. You don't see it often on supplement packaging.

Having worked in GMP certified labs, I know first-hand the ordeal it is to live up to their standards - it's a sign of Omega Sports' dedication to producing untainted products.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anything being logged by an albino gorilla catches my interest.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Big man, let's do this. This sup looks pretty interesting to me.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything being logged by an albino gorilla catches my interest.
Believe me, it's harder than you would think - my hands are too freaking big for the keyboard, and every 30 seconds I get this overwhelming urge to pound my chest and attack a weaker male. :p

Big man, let's do this. This sup looks pretty interesting to me.
Hey Emerge! Yup, Ultima has definitely got potential!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
kill this thing resolve!..good luck!
slick.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I apologize ahead of time of I looked passed this but how much is this gonna run for?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1

kill this thing resolve!..good luck!
slick.
Hey slick. I'll do my best to leave it cold and lifeless!

I apologize ahead of time of I looked passed this but how much is this gonna run for?
The Beta on Omega's Website is currently running for $50, but there's an Ultima/One Stack they've got going for $60, IIRC. Additionally, that price should drop one it's hits NP. :)

Alright, my first day of Ultima, here we go...

ULTIMA - INITIAL IMPRESSION:
I dosed 1/4 scoop sublingually approx. 35min before lifting. I did not enjoy it. The taste of the powder dry was bizarre and too potent and took a freaking long time to dissolve. I was walking around with my face twisted up for a good 5min before it all dissipated. That, however, is something I can live with - taste and enjoyability are secondary to performance.

And, in terms of performance, I was satisfied. Not overly impressed, but Ultima definitely did it's job. About 10min after the sublingual dose, I began to feel more alert and focused - sure signs that the nootropics had kicked in.
No BA parasthesia, which doesn't really mean anything - I just though I'd mention it.

Had another 1/2 scoop intra-workout, along with my BCAAs. While lifting, I made some good progress in several lifts, cranking more reps with less effort than I anticipated. In particular, it was my curls and my narrow grip bench that felt much more tolerable, despite using large (for me) loads.
Also of note is that my front squats felt a little sub-par. I don't know if Ultima just hadn't quite kicked in enough yet, or what, but I had some real difficulty forcing myself all the way to the floor on my last couple of sets for those.

However, more noticeable than the increased muscular stamina in some lifts was the neural endurance. My CNS simply refused to become fatigued today - my rest periods were, by and large, short; but my response time, mind-muscle connection and concentration did not wane despite the constant activity.

Today's Workout: Strength - 24reps 6RM Hypertrophy: 40reps 11RM All Supersets

Heels Elevated Front Squats: 295lb x5 x5 x4 x4 x3 x3
Unilateral Seated Rows: 105 x9 x9 x8 x7 x7

Narrow Grip Decline Bench: 275 x5 x5 x5 x5 x4
Unilateral Upright Rows: 80lb DBs x8 x8 x8 x6 x5 x5

Seated Calf Raises: 235lb for 5x8
Push-Ups: 5x8 w/5sec Static Holds at stretch point

Unilateral Cable Curls: 80 x9 x9 x8 x8 x6
Speed Lunges: BW for 4x20 per leg

In all honesty, I believe I can consolidate this workout a bit next week - the upright rows and push-ups felt extraneous. I believe next week I shall sub in DB Inc Press, that should suffice for shoulders and chest, and cut down a little on time as well. Today's workout took about 1hr 5min, which is a bit longer than I would have liked - oh well, always room for improvement.

I was asked by two guys whether I play football, the looks on their faces when I told them I wouldn't know what to do with a football were priceless. Still, I take their comments as compliments. One of these guys was freaking huge, and easily into his 50s - the kinda guy that definitely looks like he's run some serious cycles. So, for him to tell me I'm "solid" and "big" was quite encouraging! :)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely liking those uni seated rows. I'm ALL about the unilateral work. For the uprights, did you do them narrowly or more wide?

This product is a creatine, right?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm all about short workouts, too. I love getting in there and being out within 45mins, while at the same time feeling pumped and accomplished. I did forty sets today in just under an hour, and last week on arm day, I did forty sets in about 40 minutes. THAT was a great workout!

I get those football questions, as well. I had a big powerlifter ask me if I played sports or anything when I was deadlifting on a box (to get a longer stretch) and he was shocked when I told him lifting was just a hobby for me. He said, "I rarely see people deadlift, let alone on a box!"

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm definitely liking those uni seated rows. I'm ALL about the unilateral work. For the uprights, did you do them narrowly or more wide?

This product is a creatine, right?
Yeah, it's a creatine - it has Potassium Creatine Chelate and Sodium Creatine Chelate; novel compounds that, on the theorhetical level, I like a lot. Na+ helps with the absorption of Creatine, and chelates are usually pretty bioavailable, so that combo, in theory, should be good. It's also nice just for the extra electrolytes.

You were actually the inspiration for the uni rows dude! You're uni pulldowns got me thinking and I gave the rows a try and they rock! Better ROM and control than DB rows, IMO - plus I can hit my left side a bit harder as it seems to be lagging a little bit back there. So thanks man! :D

Oh, and the Uprights were pulled wide.

I'm all about short workouts, too. I love getting in there and being out within 45mins, while at the same time feeling pumped and accomplished. I did forty sets today in just under an hour, and last week on arm day, I did forty sets in about 40 minutes. THAT was a great workout!

I get those football questions, as well. I had a big powerlifter ask me if I played sports or anything when I was deadlifting on a box (to get a longer stretch) and he was shocked when I told him lifting was just a hobby for me. He said, "I rarely see people deadlift, let alone on a box!"
I tried Gironda Workouts for a couple of weeks - 40+ sets in 40min, like you're talking about, except as a full body routine. Crazy pumps!!!! But the weight I could move was very low, and at the end of the day, I just didn't feel as worked.

I tell people lifting is my hobby and they typically are like "why?"
I also get a lot of guys asking me if I'm a powerlifter, because I'll perform reps of 3 or 2 and sometimes even do singles; but when I try to explain the concepts behind myofibrillar hypertrophy, their eyes just kind of glaze over... :rolleyes:

COUPLE OF THINGS I FORGOT TO MENTION:
During my workout, I found thirst to be extremely high. I drained my 1.8L intra-workout shake and filled it almost half way again!
Also, I had NO STOMACH TROUBLE AT ALL! Only one other pre-workout product has ever been so good to me: Eclipse Nutrition's Combustion, but that's not even on the market yet. It was awesome to have no debilitating side-effects while lifting.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's a creatine - it has Potassium Creatine Chelate and Sodium Creatine Chelate; novel compounds that, on the theorhetical level, I like a lot. Na+ helps with the absorption of Creatine, and chelates are usually pretty bioavailable, so that combo, in theory, should be good. It's also nice just for the extra electrolytes.

You were actually the inspiration for the uni rows dude! You're uni pulldowns got me thinking and I gave the rows a try and they rock! Better ROM and control than DB rows, IMO - plus I can hit my left side a bit harder as it seems to be lagging a little bit back there. So thanks man! :D

Oh, and the Uprights were pulled wide.

I tried Gironda Workouts for a couple of weeks - 40+ sets in 40min, like you're talking about, except as a full body routine. Crazy pumps!!!! But the weight I could move was very low, and at the end of the day, I just didn't feel as worked.

I tell people lifting is my hobby and they typically are like "why?"
I also get a lot of guys asking me if I'm a powerlifter, because I'll perform reps of 3 or 2 and sometimes even do singles; but when I try to explain the concepts behind myofibrillar hypertrophy, their eyes just kind of glaze over... :rolleyes:

COUPLE OF THINGS I FORGOT TO MENTION:
During my workout, I found thirst to be extremely high. I drained my 1.8L intra-workout shake and filled it almost half way again!
Also, I had NO STOMACH TROUBLE AT ALL! Only one other pre-workout product has ever been so good to me: Eclipse Nutrition's Combustion, but that's not even on the market yet. It was awesome to have no debilitating side-effects while lifting.
Good to hear its sitting easy with you. Also could you elaborate on "the concepts behind myofibrillar hypertrophy"? :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the Ultima experience.. :bandit:
Awesome! Your expertise and wealth of experience is an asset!

Good to hear its sitting easy with you. Also could you elaborate on "the concepts behind myofibrillar hypertrophy"? :D
Myofibrillar Hypertrophy - when the contractile fiber of the muscle enlarges. This is typically achieved with between 1-8 reps, dependant upon the rumber of sets performed. Lower reps requires more sets and vice versa.
I'll try and tell a guy that you don't always have to perform 10-15reps for growth; doing 15-20 singles on a lagging bodypart has helped me on several occasions.
I still incorporate higher rep (10-20 per set) movements as well, but that variety of doing both low and high rep is what keeps things fresh, and hopefully keeps the gains coming.

Subscribed.
You're always a welcome sight in my logs Strat! Your knowledge of supplementation is a great asset too!

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Myofibrillar Hypertrophy - when the contractile fiber of the muscle enlarges. This is typically achieved with between 1-8 reps, dependant upon the rumber of sets performed. Lower reps requires more sets and vice versa.
I'll try and tell a guy that you don't always have to perform 10-15reps for growth; doing 15-20 singles on a lagging bodypart has helped me on several occasions.
I still incorporate higher rep (10-20 per set) movements as well, but that variety of doing both low and high rep is what keeps things fresh, and hopefully keeps the gains coming.
:D LOL I was just messing with you but thanks for the response.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Well, it never hurts to reiterate. :)

Gotta question for you Omega Reps: there is a sticker on the lid of my Ultima that says "Contains 990mcg of Calcium Folinate"; but the label itself says 5000mcg. Which is it?
Let me find it as it was discussed before. Hold on.....

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Ok, got it.

Quick Announcement:

OK, I hope you guys all know by now that I try to refrain from BSing you all and try to be as transparent as possible. With that in mind, he is what happened last night so all of you do not freak out when you get your product...

An FDA inspector touring our manufacturing facility saw our labels being applied to the canisters and vehemently felt the 5,000mcg of folinic acid was excessive. Now the fact that I am 99.9% sure this inspector thought it was folic acid (for which a prescription is needed over 1mg) instead of folinic acid (which is routinely sold in 5mg amounts) is completely irrelevant...when you are told that if product is seen out with the labels as is, they are going to bend you over...you do whatever the heck they tell you to.

So, long story short, there will be a sticker on each bottle informing the customer of the label typo - that there is 999mcg of folinic acid instead of 5,000mcg.

Thanks in advance for you understanding.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2

I am sub'd
Log looks solid; sub.
Good to have you gentlemen!

Ultima Update: I made a conscious effort to intake extra water this morning before my workout, to see if I could counteract the unquenchable thirst that I had while lifting yesterday. It worked quite well - I still finished off everything in my 1.8L bottle, but thirst was no higher than normal today.

I dosed 1/4 scoop sublingually again on my way out the door. Still took about 5min to dissolve entirely, but for some reason I did not find it so unpleasant today. The flavor seemed better for the first minute or so, but soon delapidated into a somewhat medicinal, salty version of pop-rocks. Not bad, but not great.

Also, taking it on my way to the gym was a mistake - as it left my teeth bright yellow! I anticipated this side-affect (if you can call it that) as Steveo and Iron Lungz have both mentioned it, but I assumed I could just rinse my mouth out with some water and take care of the problem. Nope! I was scrubbing my teeth with my finger in the locker room so I didn't look like more of an idiot than normal while lifting. Tomorrow, I bring a toothbrush! :p

In addition to the pre-workout dose, I had 1/2scoop intra-workout. Aqueously, Ultima tastes very good - similar to Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist. A Lemon-Limey flavor. Again I was struck most noticeably by how, rather than giving you a tremendous amount of noticeable energy, Ultima seemed to prevent me from fatiguing. I noticed a mellow nootropic boost to clarity shortly after dosing, but didn't feel particularly energized. However, as the workout dragged on, I kept going strong - feeling very much like a butch-er energizer bunny. I started with clean and press, and that lift typically obliterates me, but I transitioned onto to other supersets fresh and focused.

Also, I found that I was sweating my butt off today. Iron has reported this, but not Steve - we'll see if it continues for me!

Today's Workout: Strength 24reps 5-6RM, Hypertrophy 50reps 15RM

Strength:
Cluster Clean and Press: 205 x6 x6 x4 x4 x3 x1

Hypertrophy:
Unilateral Leg Press: 100 4x20 per leg
Ss/d Rotary Calves: 350 x12 x11 x10 x9 x9

Strength: Weighted Pullups: BW+70 x5 x5 x4 x4 x3 x3
SS/d Hypertrophy: Triceps Rope Ext: 140 x12 x12 x10 x10 x8

Hypertrophy:
Decline Cable Press: 115lb Per Arm x12 x9 x9 x10 x10
Reverse Cable Curls: 140 x12 x12 x11 x9 x9

I was pleased as hell about those Clean and Presses. Power is anything but my strong point, but I was blasting those suckers out and keeping form no problem. I chose to cluster them so that I could perform more reps per set; 205 is what I was doing sets of 3 with very recently. So to perform 2 cluster sets of 6 made my day.

Legs are shot, and that's how I want them. This routine has a bit of quad prioritization, as they seem to really be my lagging bodypart right now. Considering I haven't done higher rep leg movements in a long time, I decided to incorporate at least one into each of my workouts. So far, it seems to be doing to the job.

I would also like to point out my Pull-ups; they're aren't quite a PR, as I've done BW+75 before, but I was also about 20lb lighter when I set that record. So, looking at it that way, I was moving more weight total than ever before on my pull-ups.

A great workout all the way around today! :thumbsup:

Note: I intend to post an example meal plan for you all to examine and critique. I'll get that up sometime later tonight.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is what I ate today. The diet is a work in progress - I am adjusting things as I find necessary. Right now I'm thinking that I would like to lower the glycemic load of the last meal, probably by substituting in beans of some kind in the place of other complex carbs.

I'm also debating with myself about the milk - it's easy and cheap and there's plenty to suggest it's great post-workout, but how it fares for recomp purposes, I'm uncertain.

Also, I have to add prior to my post-workout meal, I had an Anabolic Pump. I have about 10 caps left in a bottle and figured I might as well use them up. I gave AP a good 3 week run a while back and really didn't receive any benefit from it that I could tell.

However, with today's post-workout meal - Holy Crap. Maybe I was not eating enough CHO with my AP meals when I tried it before because that stuff hit me hard and strong and fast today. I had another one before my last meal and plan to continue it until the bottle is gone. I had written myself off as an AP "non-responder", but I'm wishing I had another bottle!

But anyways, my apologies for the randomness, I was just surprised. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: 11:15am
1C Oatmeal
1C Blueberries
2T Natty PB
1C Nonfat Plain Yogurt
1C Lowfat Milk
1Scoop Gemma Protein
1T Cocoa Powder
5oz Chicken Breast

Post-workout Meal: 3:30pm
2C Homemade Chili
2/3 Crown of Broccoli
1C Lowfat Milk
1Scoop Gemma Protein
2C All Bran
3oz Chicken Breast

3rd Meal: 6:15pm
8oz 96% Lean Beef in Yellow Curry w/
Red Bell Pepper
Mushrooms
Spinach
Onions
1/4C Coconut Milk
1/2C Brown Rice
1C Cottage Cheese

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your feedback looks good so far. Good detail.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
205 on C&P is something to be proud of.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank's guys, and thanks for stopping by Bolt! :welcome:

Sunny, Snag, you guys are kind: my numbers from yesterday's workout could definitely use some improvement. But I'll get there!

Today is a recovery day, so I'm actually not taking Ultima. However, tomorrow I plan on trying 1/4 scoop 4times throughout the day. The aqueous dose intra-workout seems to be working fine, but if additional sublingual dosing could make my response to Ultima even better, I'm all for it!

Soreness is pretty much non-existant; I have a little tightness in my traps and a little DOMS in my delts and quads, but that is understandable considering the intensity of my clean and presses, and the frequency with which I am hitting my quads.

When I consider that I'm currently taking <5g Creatine (in the total 3/4scoop of Ultima that I've been getting), I find my recovery notable. I do have naturally fast recovery, having built it up over time by increasing training frequency, but I'm still accustomed to being somewhat sore and taking at least 5g Creatine, usually 10.

The real test will be how Ultima fares against Deadlifts on Friday and ATG Squats on Monday! :head:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
What is a cluster set? And what's up with the gemma protein?

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
First great work and awesome detail. Second about AP, I loved it when Jacob sent me some. That stuff had more of a profound effect on me than probably anything I've ever used short of anything hormonal. What I liked was the pump you would get (when dosing 30 minutes pre meal) after you ate.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is a cluster set? And what's up with the gemma protein?
A cluster set: load the bar with a weight that you could lift 2-3 times normally, do one rep, pause 5-20sec and repeat 5-6times. It allows you to move a higher amount of weight for more reps per set than normal. With a full-body lift like C&Ps, I prefer clusters. I reset my stance after each rep and pull as soon as I am able. Clustering also extends the length of the set, keeping my heart rate elevated longer and helping to improve my anaerobic performance.

The gemma protein I got for cheap and it tastes decent. I take in 3-4scoops per day, which is the same amount of protein powder that I have always gotten in my diets. However, it is now just a part of each meal, rather than 2 meals' main source of protein.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First great work and awesome detail. Second about AP, I loved it when Jacob sent me some. That stuff had more of a profound effect on me than probably anything I've ever used short of anything hormonal. What I liked was the pump you would get (when dosing 30 minutes pre meal) after you ate.
Thanks! It's the least I can do considering you guys are letting me try your product for free!

To be honest, yesterday was the first time I felt ANYTHING ever on AP. But, like I said, I had it before a meal containing about 160g of CHO. When I tried it before that, I'd have it prior to a meal with a max of 50g. What a difference those additional 110g make.

Switching gears back to Ultima, I'm was thinking of this dosing schedule:
1/4scoop before breakfast
1/4scoop before workout
1/4scoop post-workout
1/4scoop before last meal

All sublingually (lots of teeth-brushing tomorrow!)
If my last meal is at about 6:30-7pm, I'm thinking Ultima shouldn't interfere with my sleep. At least that's the hope.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To be honest, yesterday was the first time I felt ANYTHING ever on AP. But, like I said, I had it before a meal containing about 160g of CHO. When I tried it before that, I'd have it prior to a meal with a max of 50g. What a difference those additional 110g make.
:blink: uhhh..yeah. just a smidge!
Forgot to comment on your diet structure, interesting format. Don't think I've ever come across someone that eats quite like that (schedule-wise).

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If my last meal is at about 6:30-7pm, I'm thinking Ultima shouldn't interfere with my sleep. At least that's the hope.
I can tell you from experience that it does not interfere with my sleep whatsoever. Go for it and let us know how it works out for you. And yes, that a unique way of taking Ultima. ;)