THE PREWORKOUT ULTIMATUM - Sponsored Omega Sports Ultima Log

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can't go wrong with putting it aside for another day. No rush, man. And plus, I heard there will be an awesome sale on ATW's protein coming up soon. Hell, that's where I would put my money. Of course some good old BCAA's are a must.
Just my thoughts. I don't have to try to sale you on any of IBE's products seeing how you have an in house supplier. :biglaugh:
Are you sure that's not the sale that just went down? 5lb refill bag of ATW Blend was $23.99, but it's OOS now.

Is it being extended?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can't go wrong with putting it aside for another day. No rush, man. And plus, I heard there will be an awesome sale on ATW's protein coming up soon. Hell, that's where I would put my money. Of course some good old BCAA's are a must.
Just my thoughts. I don't have to try to sale you on any of IBE's products seeing how you have an in house supplier. :biglaugh:
This is what I'm leaning towards at this point. I'm thinking I'll wait until my stock here in the house starts runnin' low and I'll just put the credit towards a big order then. I'm thinking ALCAR, PLCAR if nutra gets it in, Leucine and BCAA as always, maybe some of that RPN Thermogum...

Changing subjects, it's time for an:

Ultima Update:
Today I tried a full scoop pre-workout. I dosed it 1/4 scoop at a time sublingually. While I feel that Ultima definitely performed better, it's energy boosting capacitie still seemed less-than-adequate. By the end of the session, I was laying on the decline bench, close to puking and ready to sleep.
However, the "Nootropic" aspect of the products was VASTLY more noticeable. My drive and aggression was quite high - I was constantly telling myself to quit resting and LIFT! In result, my rest periods were very short up until the maybe the last set of my final superset. While I push myself regardless of the supplements I take, I still found it easier than normal to focus in on my sets.
Also, I have got to say that if you have a problem holding water, BUY ULTIMA. I was sweating so freaking much today you would have thought I dipped my shirt in a bucket. I also continue to drop weight - I weighed in at 141 this morning. I believe I'm looking leaner, and it is far too soon for the Eviscerate to have elicited this effect.

I'm thinking at this point that periodic cycling and increasing the dosage is important to Ultima's performance. When I began, 1/4 scoop was fine to pick me up for a workout, but that dose has had to be raised each week, it seems, to continue that same effect. I'm thinking that a break of a week or two ought to reset that sensitivity.

I'm also thinking that ALCAR+PLCAR+Ultima would be freaking unstoppable.
Both forms of Carn have been staples on and off in my regimen since my first bulk, and though PLCAR is impossible to find these days outside of DCP, I still think it would be a great addition to Ultima.

Today's Workout:

Cluster Clean and Press: 210 x6 x6 x4 x4 x2 x1 x1

Leg Press: 360 for 4x20
SS'd w/Wide-Grip Pulldowns: 225 x12 x12 x10+2 x11+1

Narrow-Grip Decline Bench: 215 x12 x12 x10+2 x8+4
Reverse EZ Curls: 95 for 4x12

Had an older guy give me a couple of pointers on my C&P. As inappropriate as it sounds, I'm going to thrust more with my hips. I did help though. :)
If you notice, my reps on the first couple of sets went up as well. Last week I had call it after 5reps, this time 6 was fine.

Narrow-Grip Decline Bench is the other movement that I thought went well. Even though I pushed myself practically to failure (which is a no-no with high-frequency training), the load I moved is a PR.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you sure that's not the sale that just went down? 5lb refill bag of ATW Blend was $23.99, but it's OOS now.

Is it being extended?
I'm sure. There is going to be another sale in coming up sson. Stryder said that the demand is so great, and the shipment sold so quickly, he is getting more to make another great run of a sale.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You did great in the gym today, Resolve. Kept pushing through all of your heavy lifts even when you were about to puke. Good job! :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You did great in the gym today, Resolve. Kept pushing through all of your heavy lifts even when you were about to puke. Good job! :D
I had a friend that came in the gym when I was working there one night...He asked for a trash bag and said, "I'm not leaving until I puke." Then went over to the squat rack and made it happen...That was so inspirational.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update. I agree that once I give ultima a spin I will eventually try it with some ALCAR/PLCAR...also they are finalizing the Ultima formula with several updates. I made a thread in the Omega forum with some of the changes

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's a great contributing gym member. I'm sure the staff truly appreciated him. :p

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd kill to have a gym where the staff worked out that hard! :head:
Ya, he's a massive genetic freak...Dude ate tons of food, rarely kept it clean; only cared about protein...Strong as an ox...5'9", 240lbs, ~6-8% bf.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now I never said that :lol:...but it's impressive nevertheless. He's off and on, yet always holds his weight. THAT'S what baffles me. There was a time period he was clean for a good while.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now I never said that :lol:...but it's impressive nevertheless. He's off and on, yet always holds his weight. THAT'S what baffles me. There was a time period he was clean for a good while.
At 5'9" and 240, I didn't think so. :lol: Still, as you say, it's impressive.
I've remained natural primarily for health reasons, but I must admit that anabolics certainly can be tempting.

At this point, I think I'd be more willing to run a full-blown AAS cycle rather than a PH, but in all honesty I don't see myself using either anytime soon...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am ITCHING big time to be back in the gym! I don't know why, but I really want to be lifting right now.

Can't wait for tomorrow and the bench press and bb hacks it will bring! Plus I'll be changing a couple of things over to Tri-sets; wanna do whatever I can to speed my sessions and burn some blubber!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, today's workout went much better than all of last weeks. I felt strong, fresh and ready as I was going in, and had a great, productive session.

Ultima Update: I do not know if it was the time off over the weekend, or maybe I got better sleep, or I just randomly started responding to Ultima very strongly again. But, whatever it was I rocked today.
As far as Ultima is concerned what I particularly noticed was an increased aerobic capacity. I was doing heavy, compound movement tri-sets and, though I was winded, I was no where near entirely out-of-breath. I expected to be heaving like I was doing sled-sprints or some such thing, but I found I had no problem breathing sufficiently to perform each movement and have minimal hesitation while moving between lifts.
The energy aspect continues to be absent, though it could have been present and I was already too alert to notice it. I was very "brighteyed and bushytailed" this morning, so it's possible that Ultima did perk me up and I just failed to notice it.
Also, because of the fast pace of this workout - the minimal rest all the way through - it lasted much less time than those of the last several weeks. I attribute the anaerobic endurane necessary to accomplish this to Ultima. And, because I was out of the gym faster, I wasn't so ready to keel over at the end of my workout; which is always a good thing!

Today's Workout:

Triset: 4x6
Bench: 305
BB Hacks: 315
DB Pullover: 115

Unilateral Leg Extensions: 70 for 4x20 with no rest between each leg

Unilateral Cable Curl: 90 for 4x6 with no rest between each arm

Unilateral Leg Press Calf Raise: 450 for 4x6 with no etc...

A very good workout. My bench continues to rise, and I believe that technically my Hacks were a PR. However, it has been at least a year since I performed bb hack squats for 6reps, so it is no surprise that I have gotten stronger in that time.

In addition to the unilateral cable curls, I did a couple of VERY light weight BB curl sets, just to test my hand, and see if it might be able to handle some actual working sets with that particular lift. BB curls have been aggravating an old injury for a while, so I've been avoiding them - but today my hand had no pain while executing the curls! Slowly, I will begin to reincorporate them into my routines.

All in all, I'm really hoping Wednesday is as good as today was!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, today's workout went much better than all of last weeks. I felt strong, fresh and ready as I was going in, and had a great, productive session.

Ultima Update: I do not know if it was the time off over the weekend, or maybe I got better sleep, or I just randomly started responding to Ultima very strongly again. But, whatever it was I rocked today.
As far as Ultima is concerned what I particularly noticed was an increased aerobic capacity. I was doing heavy, compound movement tri-sets and, though I was winded, I was no where near entirely out-of-breath. I expected to be heaving like I was doing sled-sprints or some such thing, but I found I had no problem breathing sufficiently to perform each movement and have minimal hesitation while moving between lifts.
The energy aspect continues to be absent, though it could have been present and I was already too alert to notice it. I was very "brighteyed and bushytailed" this morning, so it's possible that Ultima did perk me up and I just failed to notice it.
Also, because of the fast pace of this workout - the minimal rest all the way through - it lasted much less time than those of the last several weeks. I attribute the anaerobic endurane necessary to accomplish this to Ultima. And, because I was out of the gym faster, I wasn't so ready to keel over at the end of my workout; which is always a good thing!

Do you think Ephedrin could have attributed to you being able to breathe easier during your workout?

You did a great job! :) Pushed yourself hard. :thumbsup:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you think Ephedrin could have attributed to you being able to breathe easier during your workout?

You did a great job! :) Pushed yourself hard. :thumbsup:
No. The Ephedrine I took first thing in the morning provides a different sort of breathing aid. Being asthmatic, I'm REAL familiar with bronchodilators' effects. They make the actual action of inhaling and exhaling easier.

Ultima, on the other hand, seemed to help regulate my breathing rate rather the ease of respiration. It took more to make me out of breath than normal.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Did you ever dose it with Diet Dew or X-Force as you had planned?? (If I missed that I apologize....)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No. The Ephedrine I took first thing in the morning provides a different sort of breathing aid. Being asthmatic, I'm REAL familiar with bronchodilators' effects. They make the actual action of inhaling and exhaling easier.

Ultima, on the other hand, seemed to help regulate my breathing rate rather the ease of respiration. It took more to make me out of breath than normal.
I highly doubt that Ultima would help to regulate your ease of breathing. Nothing can reach that barrier inside the lungs; no, not even if(carried) through the blood. If has to have the MoA to do so. Ephedrine has that MoA. What brand did you take?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you ever dose it with Diet Dew or X-Force as you had planned?? (If I missed that I apologize....)
Nope. I've continued to keep Stims mainly limited to first thing in the morning and have just played around with the amount of Ultima I take sublingually. I don't know what I did to make it so effective on Monday, but geez did I like it!

I highly doubt that Ultima would help to regulate your ease of breathing. Nothing can reach that barrier inside the lungs; no, not even if(carried) through the blood. If has to have the MoA to do so. Ephedrine has that MoA. What brand did you take?
I agree - nothing in Ultima should have such an effect. Yesterday I was less out-of-breath at the end of each tri-set than I had anticipated and that is what I attribute to Ultima; the ability to do more while being less winded than normal.

I took a Bronkaid - been having a bit of congestion and that ALWAYS clears me out quick.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys, sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. I'm moving in a month and things are beginning to get a little hectic. I'm still trying to find BW and I a place to live out in Dallas, and it's proving something of a pain.

Ultima Update: Tried a full scoop sublingually, done a 1/2 scoop at a time. Using 1/2 scoops instead of 1/4 was much easier - reducing the time it took me to take Ultima by a good fraction.

I'd been psyching myself up all morning for yesterday's workout and did notice that Ultima gave some extra drive and focus once I did arrive. I even noted to myself that it was a much more markable change in my mentality than I have been usually receiving from Ultima.

However, something happened that I don't what caused. I had terrific energy through the first 3 sets of my tri-set, but once I finished the deadlifts on my fourth set, it was like my brain just shut down. I know I wasn't dehydrated and I had CHO in my intra-workout shake so I'm almost positive it couldn't be hypoglycemia, but whatever happened, I became dizzy and my eyes heavy. I wanted to lay down, badly, but fought it and finished the tri-set, though somewhat shakey. I don't attribute this to Ultima but I simply don't know what happened. Whatever it was, I didn't like it.

I'm a disciplined trainee and I've had to push through fatigue many times and that's what I did yesterday; shook my head and took a few deep breaths to clear it as best I could then push through. But it made the remainder of the routine less pleasant and less intense than it might have otherwise been.

Yesterday's Workout:

Triset: 4x10
Sumo Deadlifts: 365
Weighted Dips: BW + 70
Weighted Chin-ups: BW+70/BW+35 (I would perform as many chins as I could with 70, then drop a 35lb'er off my dipping belt and complete the set)

Unilateral Leg Press: 130 for 4x20 no rest between legs

Cable Hammer Curls: 160 for 4x10

The leg presses and hammer curls were performed in something of a haze - I was just working off of determination. The tri-set though, I felt I did quite well. 365 for 10 on a DL followed by dips and chins without rest? It was awesome. Intense as hell, but awesome.

I jerry-rigged a normal chin-up bar (my gym doesn't have one) by wedging a barbell on top of one of those dip/pull-up stations. The handles are too wide on those things for normal chins, but I that this bb over the top worked quite well. And so I was able to get in my entire tri-set with an oly bar for deads and a single piece of equipment. It was very convenient.

I did scare away some chick doing balance-ball SLDLs with 2lb DBs, though. Not by being mean or anything, I just don't think she liked the crazy looks on my face while I was DL'ing. :D

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That statement could sum up your review right there!! Sounds good..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, I guess it could! :)

My last day on Ultima: I rocked this afternoon. "Went out with a bang!", as it were. I did just straight sets, but rather than timing my rest intervals as normal, I gave myself a set amount of minutes in which to complete all my sets for a given movement. In other words, I made this workout a race against the clock.

And, IMO, I excelled: 5 sets of Power Cleans with 215lb in 7mins? 5sets of Seated shoulder press with 95lb DBs in 8? Both of those are PRs and both done in minimal amounts of time!

I didn't crash mid-workout as I have in several of my last workouts - I figured out that was a side effect of the Glycobol, and so have cut it out pre-workout. Instead, I blew through my routine in about 45mins and felt great the whole time.

Today's Workout:

Power Cleans: 215 x6 x6 x4 x4 x4

Seated Shoulder Press: 95lb DBs x6 x6 x6 x3 x3

Seated Lateral Raises: 25lb DBs x12 x12 x12 x12

Weighted Wide-Grip Pull-ups: BW+70 for 4x6

Unilateral Leg Press: 130 for 4x20 no rest between legs

Very pleased overall. I've noticed that my shoulders seem a little lacking in development, so I will be putting a bit more emphasis on them in the coming weeks, and began this focus today. Lateral raise has always been a movement I find difficult - I presume it's because of my unusually long arms, resulting in more torque upon the shoulder. Any long-sleeved shirt or coat I buy, I have tailored to extend the sleeves.

My cleans, if you notice, were not clustered, but were straight sets - and I found 215 to be a breeze. Of all things, I had to concentrate mostly upon my grip: Ultima continues to prove very thermogenic and I was sweating heavily, as usual since I began using it.

Also, while doing my pull-ups, I felt an odd twinge in my lower right ab. Not painful, just like I tweaked it a little bit. I'll be keeping an eye on it for a while and do my best to baby it - won't be pulling any PR-setting DLs until I'm sure it's ok. :)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did just straight sets, but rather than timing my rest intervals as normal, I gave myself a set amount of minutes in which to complete all my sets for a given movement. In other words, I made this workout a race against the clock.
sort of EDT-esque? (Staley)
tried that a few times myself..def a different mindframe.
And, IMO, I excelled: 5 sets of Power Cleans with 215lb in 7mins? 5sets of Seated shoulder press with 95lb DBs in 8? Both of those are PRs and both done in minimal amounts of time!
very nice! :thumbsup:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review

Ultima Final Review:

Ultima has some definite strengths, but also a few shortcomings. However, all-in-all my experience was very positive and I believe that, with a few simple tweaks, even those couples of things that I didn't like could be easily taken care of.

The primary advantage of Ultima is its recovery enhancement. It surpasses EVERY other creatine product I have used in this regard, even dethroning my long-standing favorite Neovar. Minimal to no soreness post-workout and on ensuing recovery days after continually making strength gains became a matter routine. So too did a drastically improved intra-set recovery rate; the weight would hit the floor or the rack and I'd be raring to go again in no time.

While I think it is heavily the uniqueness of the Trinitine that contributes to this aspect of Ultima, I believe that the massive amount of vitamins and electrolytes that the product contains is definitely a factor.

Which brings me to my next point: rather than relying upon copious doses of stimulants and sugars, as many pre-workout supplements do, Ultima utilizes ingredients that promote your health and well-being to improve your performance. To speak metaphorically, rather than simply throwing Nitrous Oxide in a car that needs a tune-up, Ultima is a tune-up plus some high-octane petrol. Ultima enables you to perform better via improved mental and physical acuity, not via a temporary high from an overload of caffeine.

That being said, the nootropic blend of Ultima does need some work. While I didn't particularly feel lacking in anyway while using Ultima (except of course for those few workouts where Glycobol was causing me trouble mid-workout), I didn't feel a whole lot of benefit in this regard. I had mild improvement in the beginning of use, but had to continually increase dosage to receive that same little mental "boost," and even then I found that I quickly became accustomed and non-responsive to it.

This problem should be made a moot point, however, once the updated version of Ultima becomes available - it will contain twice the dose of Glucuronolactone as the current. That ought to add a nice additional "wallop" to the brain! I wouldn't have minded seeing ALCAR or PLCAR included either, but that is merely a personal preference.

While using Ultima, I have been recomping, and doing so quite successfully. I attribute a good portion of my success to Ultima, though I am more than aware that my diet and training protocols have made the majority of the difference. When I began this log, I weighed in at 244 and around 11% BF (by my own estimate); at that time I was benching 305 for x5 x4 x4 x4 x4 x3. Now, after a month of Ultima, I weigh 238, believe I am somewhere around 9-10% BF and can bench 305 for 4x6 as part of a Tri-set. My Clean and Press (particularly my clean) has also improved substantially while using Ultima.

Ultima is quite noticeably thermogenic - somewhat in the sense of "fat-burning" but more in the literal sense of "generating heat." I found myself much warmer than normal, and sweating much heavier than normal over the last month. In result, I also found my thirst while lifting to be noticeably raised. Ultima is the only pre-workout supp to have had this effect on me, and I definitely consider it a positive for body recomposition.

The sublingual dosing is definitely the way to go with this product, however, the "yellow-mouth" that results can be somewhat annoying, and it takes a while for the powder to dissolve under one's tongue, which is also a nuisance. However, you do get used to the dosing method and the yellow-mouth is easily rectified with a quick teeth-brushing and, in the end, the results are worth it.

In closing, Ultima has fantastic potential. It has a great number of benefits that easily outweigh it's few drawbacks, and even those few should be taken care of by the coming update to the formula. Ultima is a top of the line, quality supplement that should have its place in any athlete's regimen. I can't wait for the updated version to be released! :biglaugh:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As usual R...well thought out. Great feedback!

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Ultima Final Review:

Ultima has some definite strengths, but also a few shortcomings. However, all-in-all my experience was very positive and I believe that, with a few simple tweaks, even those couples of things that I didn't like could be easily taken care of.

The primary advantage of Ultima is its recovery enhancement. It surpasses EVERY other creatine product I have used in this regard, even dethroning my long-standing favorite Neovar. Minimal to no soreness post-workout and on ensuing recovery days after continually making strength gains became a matter routine. So too did a drastically improved intra-set recovery rate; the weight would hit the floor or the rack and I'd be raring to go again in no time.

While I think it is heavily the uniqueness of the Trinitine that contributes to this aspect of Ultima, I believe that the massive amount of vitamins and electrolytes that the product contains is definitely a factor.

Which brings me to my next point: rather than relying upon copious doses of stimulants and sugars, as many pre-workout supplements do, Ultima utilizes ingredients that promote your health and well-being to improve your performance. To speak metaphorically, rather than simply throwing Nitrous Oxide in a car that needs a tune-up, Ultima is a tune-up plus some high-octane petrol. Ultima enables you to perform better via improved mental and physical acuity, not via a temporary high from an overload of caffeine.

That being said, the nootropic blend of Ultima does need some work. While I didn't particularly feel lacking in anyway while using Ultima (except of course for those few workouts where Glycobol was causing me trouble mid-workout), I didn't feel a whole lot of benefit in this regard. I had mild improvement in the beginning of use, but had to continually increase dosage to receive that same little mental "boost," and even then I found that I quickly became accustomed and non-responsive to it.

This problem should be made a moot point, however, once the updated version of Ultima becomes available - it will contain twice the dose of Glucuronolactone as the current. That ought to add a nice additional "wallop" to the brain! I wouldn't have minded seeing ALCAR or PLCAR included either, but that is merely a personal preference.

While using Ultima, I have been recomping, and doing so quite successfully. I attribute a good portion of my success to Ultima, though I am more than aware that my diet and training protocols have made the majority of the difference. When I began this log, I weighed in at 244 and around 11% BF (by my own estimate); at that time I was benching 305 for x5 x4 x4 x4 x4 x3. Now, after a month of Ultima, I weigh 238, believe I am somewhere around 9-10% BF and can bench 305 for 4x6 as part of a Tri-set. My Clean and Press (particularly my clean) has also improved substantially while using Ultima.

Ultima is quite noticeably thermogenic - somewhat in the sense of "fat-burning" but more in the literal sense of "generating heat." I found myself much warmer than normal, and sweating much heavier than normal over the last month. In result, I also found my thirst while lifting to be noticeably raised. Ultima is the only pre-workout supp to have had this effect on me, and I definitely consider it a positive for body recomposition.

The sublingual dosing is definitely the way to go with this product, however, the "yellow-mouth" that results can be somewhat annoying, and it takes a while for the powder to dissolve under one's tongue, which is also a nuisance. However, you do get used to the dosing method and the yellow-mouth is easily rectified with a quick teeth-brushing and, in the end, the results are worth it.

In closing, Ultima has fantastic potential. It has a great number of benefits that easily outweigh it's few drawbacks, and even those few should be taken care of by the coming update to the formula. Ultima is a top of the line, quality supplement that should have its place in any athlete's regimen. I can't wait for the updated version to be released! :biglaugh:
Fantastic!!! I think the final version will address some of the shortcomings you had.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When does the final version come out?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fantastic!!! I think the final version will address some of the shortcomings you had.
I think it will address them and then some! The addition of glycerine and more BA is gonna rock!

Thanks again for letting me log Ultima. :D

When does the final version come out?
That is the question on my mind too - can't wait!