GREASEFIRE!!! - Burning Down Resolve with Napalm and Lipoderm-Ultra

Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    R, you have the 90g cho in the PM. Typo?
    Thank you yes, I'll actually be using ~120g in the PM. That session is higher volume than the AM session, so theoretically it should require more CHO.

I'm sure the DCP will stack well with the Napalm; I'd been wanting to run both simultaneously, but thought it might cloud my results. However, we have kind of gone over that same thing with the Forsk. and EGCG.

Tell ya what, if it's cool with Avant, I'll start it Monday.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. Days 6 & 7

Last night (Day 6), I went to a friend's wedding party. He got married New Year's Eve, but it was in Iowa, so a bunch of his pals out here in Ca didn't get to attend. Well last night we made up for it, and got to meet his new bride as well.

He's a PhD candidate in Mathematics and, well, she's a perfect match for him, that's for sure. I swear, their kids someday are gonna be named Schrodinger and Fibonacci.

Anyways, I was there until pretty late and so wasn't able to update.

Today, nothing much is happening. I'll get some cardio in a little later on, but otherwise relax and ready myself for the coming week.

Napalm: Yesterday's second application was much later than usual - about 11pm. I went to bed shortly thereafter, but slept on my back, with my stomach uncovered, so as not to rub the Napalm off.
    Today's first application was shortly ago, after my morning shower. Irritation has ceased, and definition appears somewhat improved; whether this is a drop in water or fat though remains to be determined.

I am continuing to ponder the validity of my new peri-workout nutrition, specifically the amount of carbs. I based this off of the volume of each workout, i.e. higher volume = more CHO, but I'm wondering if my amounts are excessive for my current recomp goals.
    Any input or opinions on this?

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Yeah, the ranch was really good. I still gotta get around to making my avocado dressing, that's even better:

1 peeled and pitted avocado
    1/4 of a lime
    A sprig of Cilatro
    1/2 clove of Garlic (either raw or sauteed)
    2Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream or Half and Half
    Dash of Water

Blend it all together and add water until it gets to your desired consistency. It's awesome - like a quacamole cream sauce!

Bravo!! I just made that avacado salad dressing for a nice grilled chicken salad with some walnuts and a few sprinkles of blue cheese. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!

4. Glad you liked it man! It's one of my faves

***NOW @ NP***

5. Feed me more ideas!!!!
    Ughhhhhhhh, I just got done shoveling snow off my driveway for the past 2 hours. Im sure that didn't help me get over this bug that I've somehow come down with. I think I may have picked up something from the gym on Thursday.

It's been one thing after another lately!!!
    Last edited by mrchristian; 01-18-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    •   

6. Ha! Well, I'll keep 'em coming as I think of 'em...

***NOW @ NP***

7. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    in.
    Was wondering where you been!

***NOW @ NP***

8. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Was wondering where you been!
    Didn't even know you had this log going until Volcom mentioned it.

9. No worries bro, glad you made it over.

***NOW @ NP***

10. Well gentlemen all this talk about recipes! I made a crawfish pie today with some deer meat in it! Talk about awesome! Veggies-venison- crawfish! The pie crust was legit! I'm gonna yet the dip for the super bowl MC!

BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

11. That is awesome! Unfortunately I do not have easy access to venison as I don't hunt, I've also never had any experience cooking crawfish. That sounds like quite the interesting concoction.

12. Crawfish pie w/venison? How very unconventional - yet it sounds delicious. Your taste in food tends to have what appears a Cajun bend, Bravo; are you from Louisiana by chance?

A couple of quick updates for everbody:

Waist: Still 39"
    Weight: 246 first thing this morning; and my weight fluctuates by up to 5lb everyday, so this is normal
    Suprailiac Skinfold: ~10mm; I thought I would measure this as a way to track more specifically the fat-loss on my abs. My skill is such that in no way would I attempt to judge my BF% from it, but merely use it to monitor the adiposity of that one region.

***NOW @ NP***

13. Subbed.
    Thinking of trying Napalm on my lower chest.
  14. Day 8

Welcome Lonewolf.

I'm now into my second week of Napalm - where did that week go?

There are about 4 guys I see routinely at the gym that are more muscular than I. They are not "bigger" than me as I am several inches taller and obviously heavier, but in ratio to me, they have more muscle, and their workouts are nothing but high volume. I lift more than all of them on every lift I've ever seen them do, but they perform way more reps than I, albeit at lower weight. I've always trained for strength and size, but I beginning to feel like my size is lagging behind my strength. In result, I'm considering making my next routine (for after this log) rather high volume and somewhat reduce the intensity. I'll post the routine once I have it assembled.

Napalm: I'm finding it doesn't wash off the hands very readily, takes a bit more effort to suds up the hand with Napalm on it. Not a problem, just an observation. Having used Napalm once before, I knew coming into this that a clean and warm application site seems most effective, and so far, this continues to hold true. The longer I let the shower spray my abdomen, it seems, the more apparent the sensations from Napalm. The sensation does not necessarily indicate efficacy, but it certainly isn't hindering anything.

AM Workout: Strength and Functional Hypertrophy Supersets

6x3
    Deads: 465
    Smith-Machine Push-Press: 245

6x3 Weighted Chins: BW+105
    3x8 Leg Curls: 220 w/4sec Ecc

3x8
    Lateral Raises: 40
    Reverse Cable Curls: 150 w/3sec Ecc

I didn't want to use the Smith Machine, it doesn't work my shoulders nearly as well and requires a lot more weight, but both the Squat racks were being used. I loved those deads, though - 465 is PR and a 10lb increase!
    Also, I'm digging the GlycerGrow - I was getting a full on Pump in my quads (yeah, quads!) from the first superset, and my biceps were burning once I finished those Chin-ups.
    I'm making good progress in my lateral raises too: I increased by one rep over last week and am beginning to accentuate the negative more. Progress!

PM: Hypertrophy Supersets, All 3x14

Jump Step-Ups: BW
    Arnold Press: 60lb DBs

Wide-Grip Lat-pulls: 240
    Seated Calf-Raises: 180 w/5sec at Stretch Point

Rope Tricep Extensions: 150 w/4sec Ecc
    DB Curls: 50, 55, 65 lb DBs

I was getting some funny looks from people launching myself off a bench with those step-ups, but my glutes were telling I was doing something right. Arnold Presses are up 2reps over last week. Lat-Pulls were tough, but my back is in shambles after this mornings session, so that's really to be expected.
    What shocked me was my DB curls: 50lb felt like nothing, so I just kept upping the weight! And there was no pain in the hand that has been causing me trouble - a big plus! I'm apprehensive still about BB Curls, but I'm recuperating and getting stronger too.

Meals of Note: I ate nothing exciting today. Chicken with a little yogurt ranch dressing over the top, top sirloin, eggs over easy, nothing creative today. Sorry.
    I did order 20lb of ATW Cinnamon Bun WPI, though! Went through AM's own Marcus and was treated like a freaking VIP.

***NOW @ NP***

15. What is this yogurt ranch dressing you speak of? Is it just one of those ranch flavor packets and instead of using sour cream, you use yogurt?

16. Yeah, I mentioned in an earlier post the ranch dressing made with yogurt and cottage cheese - well, we ran out of cottage cheese, so I used just yogurt

***NOW @ NP***

17. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    WTF?! I missed that one somehow, and I'm glad I did!

Yeah, the ranch was really good. I still gotta get around to making my avocado dressing, that's even better:

1 peeled and pitted avocado
    1/4 of a lime
    A sprig of Cilatro
    1/2 clove of Garlic (either raw or sauteed)
    2Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream or Half and Half
    Dash of Water

Blend it all together and add water until it gets to your desired consistency. It's awesome - like a quacamole cream sauce!
    What would you eat this with?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    What would you eat this with?
    you could put in on salad or use it as a veggie dip. It also tastes good on cooked meat- like hamburger or chicken.

19. It's really good over turkey burgers, IMO

Any of you guys seen Pineapple Express? We watched it last night and typically Judd Appatow's movies aren't my style, but this had me absolutely rolling with laughter. James Franco and Seth Rogan played off each other so well as a couple of stoned buddies in peril.

***NOW @ NP***

20. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    It's really good over turkey burgers, IMO

Any of you guys seen Pineapple Express? We watched it last night and typically Judd Appatow's movies aren't my style, but this had me absolutely rolling with laughter. James Franco and Seth Rogan played off each other so well as a couple of stoned buddies in peril.
    I saw it but didn't care for it too much. It was funny how that guy got shot like ten times and didn't die, though. That made me laugh.

21. Bummer - I enjoyed it quite a bit!

***NOW @ NP***

22. You see, I also heard it was no good so I didn't rent it. Hmmmmm.....

23. The ending is somewhat cheesy, but done in what struck me as a very ironic manner. The building of the characters for the first half of the movie had me roaring - BW too.

On another note: I could tell no difference in my recovery on Monday, even though my Post-workout shake had no carbs. This was due to the intra-workout carbs I had; so, I've been debating with myself whether or not it would be beneficial to cut the carbs from my morning's post-workout meal as well. I would add some additional CHO to my breakfast instead, but a lesser amount.

Of course, another option is to lift fasted in the morning: no breakfast, just intra-workout nutrition and then a slightly larger Post-workout meal. This would be following in the footsteps of Irish, but truth be told, I'm concerned the lack of food will hinder my performance.

What do you think? Change things up or stick with how I have them for now?

Edit: Also - I was over browsing RPN's forum today and I noticed they had acquired the license to the Lipoderm-Y formula. That is awesome Dsade! Congrats!
    So, basically, we could all be running stacks of Napalm/Lipo-U and maybe a RPN Lipo-Y-based DCP transdermal. That's just my conjecture, but how cool would that be?

***NOW @ NP***

24. I've been seeing great progress. The only problems I've had is I've been overtraining my legs, so I have to back off of that a little. Everything else is making great gains. Have you never done fasted training?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Xtreme and Lipoderm Ultra
    By KingMeso in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 04:54 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:24 PM
  3. Sustain alpha and lipoderm ultra
    By eagleba in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 07:20 PM