1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I am in a similar hold pattern myself(back spasms), so I know how you feel. It will improve and we will come back with even more ambition!!
    It's our Post-T-911 bodies, AZ; they're used to all that androsterone goodness and are giving us flak without it!

I concur about the rebound: all my mental drive is still present - I'm mentally ready to go back and hit things as hard as ever. But I know well enough that, at this point, that's hardly a good idea.

Pics will be up shortly guys!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

I think I've made some progress...

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

ABs are coming in bubba..I'd call that progress!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Start of Wk 3

Today is the beginning of the 3rd wk of this intrepid endeavor. Some updates:

I am cycling in Lipoderm-Ultra for the next 2 weeks, replacing the Napalm. Applications are a full 8 pumps applied twice a day to my abs. The change in topical should keep my stomach from growing accustomed to any one active in either Lipo or Napalm.

Forskolin will be finally increased to the full 150mg per day.

DCP will be increased from 8 to 9 per day.

My waist remains the same size by my measuring tape, but the visibility of my abs has increased, indicating some localized fat-loss.

I forgot to take a skinfold measurement this morning, I will do so tomorrow morning.

I am on the mend, physically, and actually feeling pretty darn good today, but still not up to hitting the weights. I will be just doing some good moderate intensity cardio today and spotting my wife as she lifts more than most of the guys at our gym.

Also, while measuring today, my arms clocked in at a whopping 19"! That's a 1/2 inch increase in the last 5weeks! It has nothing to do with the rest of this log, but I'm stoked.

***NOW @ NP***
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You are making great progress! I love your big arms!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.03%

You are definitely looking leaner my friend. Did you kick the illness yet? I think mine has almost been completely eliminated. I thought I had bronchitis there for a while, I had the WORST cough that I just could not get rid of.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    You are definitely looking leaner my friend. Did you kick the illness yet? I think mine has almost been completely eliminated. I thought I had bronchitis there for a while, I had the WORST cough that I just could not get rid of.
    MucinexDM does wonders for me. with some theraflu! right before bed. I wake up feeling great and dried out>
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

More thought on Day 15

I'm feeling much better, thanks - really looking forward to getting back in the gym tomorrow. This cold actually didn't affect my chest at all, which is unusual, considering I have had pneumonia 4 times; normally, every sickness goes straight to my lungs! Sorry about your cough, those lingering ones can be a real pain.

Alright, to update everyone, I took another skinfold test this morning:
    Suprailiac Skinfold: 9mm
    That's a 1mm decrese since last week, which is a good indication that something's going on. It's not huge, but it's headway.

Lipo-U: This is rather different from Napalm, in formulation obviously, but also in its physical attributes. The color is much darker, making my stomach appear tanner than the rest of me until dries. It is much milder on the skin. It's scent is different as well, not as strong or medicinal - the "vaporub" quality is gone.
    It seems to dry entirely at a faster pace - Napalm can retain a slight tackiness for a short while after application. Lipo gets dry as a bone rapidly.

Today, I've done fasted cardio and will be doing a bodyweight circuit this afternoon.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Day 16

Lipo-U: Yeah, way easier on the skin. Shaved again today and no irritation occurred whatsoever. I remain aware that it has been applied for quite sometime after an application - I can feel it slightly underneath my shirt. The sensitivity to heat doesn't occur as it did with napalm, but the whole area feels hotter naturally for a while after applications.

On a different note, I'm blowing through that bottle of DCP. Should last another week and a half; taking it so often can be something of a bother to remember.

Meals: Pepperoncini's make any meal way better. London Broil over Kale with sliced pepperoncini's, some crumbled gorgonzola cheese and a drizzle of EVOO was outstanding.

I'll be hitting up the gym finally tomorrow. I'm easing back into things with only one session a day for now. I'll play it by ear from there.

***NOW @ NP***
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.31%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Lipo-U: Yeah, way easier on the skin. Shaved again today and no irritation occurred whatsoever. I remain aware that it has been applied for quite sometime after an application - I can feel it slightly underneath my shirt. The sensitivity to heat doesn't occur as it did with napalm, but the whole area feels hotter naturally for a while after applications.

On a different note, I'm blowing through that bottle of DCP. Should last another week and a half; taking it so often can be something of a bother to remember.

Meals: Pepperoncini's make any meal way better. London Broil over Kale with sliced pepperoncini's, some crumbled gorgonzola cheese and a drizzle of EVOO was outstanding.

I'll be hitting up the gym finally tomorrow. I'm easing back into things with only one session a day for now. I'll play it by ear from there.
    Its very easy to go through a bottle of DCP. I've blown through a bottles in no time. Get ready to pop another one open.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

AZ - your Avatar is great! That skit is hilarious and Jim Carrey is ridiculously creepy in it.

Here's the pizza recipe.
    1/2 head of steamed Cauliflower, Grated
    1 1/4 C Shredded Part-Skim or Fat-Free Mozzarella Cheese
    1 Egg
    1/2 C Tomato Sauce
    Basil
    Oregano
    Thyme
    Toppings of Choice

Steam the Cauliflower, allow to cool, then grate it into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
    Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.

To the bowl of Cauliflower, add the egg and about half of the shredded cheese.
    Mix and knead this "dough" by hand until thoroughly blended.
    On a well-sprayed cookie sheet (this recipe won't work for a deep-dish pizza), spread the dough until it is approximately 1/4-1/2inch thick, with a slightly thicker crust around the edges.
    Bake the crust for 20mins at 450degrees or until top is somewhat browned and feels firm to the touch.
    Remove from oven, cover crust with tomato sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, the remaining cheese and desired toppings (our favorites are thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, whole basil leaves and turkey kielbasa).
    Set oven to Broil on High. Broil pizza for 3-5mins or until the toppings are cooked
    Depending on your oven, it may take a little playing with the cooking times and amount of cheese you use to get this one perfect; but this recipe is a real treat when you get it right! We enjoy on average once a week.

The pizza song? Well, that was BW goofing off, so it was something like, "Pizza is my friend, and I'm not gonna share, 'cuz you're a big hairy man." She's real encouraging like that.
    It's on tonight for this recipe. I'll let ya know how it tastes. would have gotten to is sooner but now i'm ready! have a great Day Resolve!!!!
  12. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Its very easy to go through a bottle of DCP. I've blown through a bottles in no time. Get ready to pop another one open.
    You aren't kidding - at 9caps a day that things emptying like a gatling gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    It's on tonight for this recipe. I'll let ya know how it tastes. would have gotten to is sooner but now i'm ready! have a great Day Resolve!!!!
    Press the crust out fairly thin, and grease the cookie sheet well. The more cheese you use in the crust, the tastier in my opinion, but beyond a certain point it won't stay like a crust and you'll have to eat it with a fork, because it will just fall apart in your hands.

It would probably be awesome if you put some of that deer sausage on it!

***NOW @ NP***
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.31%

You aren't kidding - at 9caps a day that things emptying like a gatling gun
    Yep, and if I'm having a high cal dinner, that's a 3 cap dose. Total of 10 caps.

2 caps morning, 2 caps afternoon, 2 caps pre-workout, 2-3 caps before dinner, 1 cap before bed.

I'd try more than 10 a day, but that's just to expensive. I don't get that heavy sweating that most experience from DCP. I do sometimes find that when I wake up in the middle of the night, the back of my head is a little sweaty
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have some left over from last night. I'll probably just slice it really thin and throw the sclices on top. yummy!
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Yep, and if I'm having a high cal dinner, that's a 3 cap dose. Total of 10 caps.

2 caps morning, 2 caps afternoon, 2 caps pre-workout, 2-3 caps before dinner, 1 cap before bed.

I'd try more than 10 a day, but that's just to expensive. I don't get that heavy sweating that most experience from DCP. I do sometimes find that when I wake up in the middle of the night, the back of my head is a little sweaty
    I haven't experienced additonal sweating or any side effects at all on DCP. Doesn't mean it's not working though... The only part of my body that currently feels warm is my gut, and that's from the Lipo-U.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    I have some left over from last night. I'll probably just slice it really thin and throw the sclices on top. yummy!
    Turkey sausage on top with some basil is one of my faves.
    I'd imagine the venison would make it even better.

***NOW @ NP***
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Abs are coming in! Congrats on the 1/2 inch. That's quite a lot of progress in such a short time.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'm glad you and Volcom are both running DCP. I was tempted to try it but not so much anymore. Even though it may be a good product, it doesn't sound worth the price.

Resolve, do you think Lipo-U would be better to use for abdominal fat loss than Napalm. I've used, and actually am currently using some Napalm (just on my two cardio days). I'd like to use a topical on an ED basis, but Napalm made me smell like crap...It took about a week before my "toxic sweat" went away.
  18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Thanks Emerge, I feel like things are coming along nicely.

Irish - I went with DCP because PLCAR, in my experience, is great stuff and it's stim-free. Taking so many is somewhat of a hassle, but we'll see if it pays off.
    As for the Lipo-U, I really can't say yet. I've been using it for less than a week, so I can't give a whole lot of feedback on it concerning results. It is easier on the skin and scent is not nearly as apparent once it dries. I ought to have a better answer after I've had more time using Lipo-U.

***NOW @ NP***
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.61%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post

Resolve, do you think Lipo-U would be better to use for abdominal fat loss than Napalm.
    Keep in mind that the answer to this will vary depending on who you ask. Some will respond to Napalm better, others L-U.

Ideally, the two should be stacked since they were orginally designed as one product.
  20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    Keep in mind that the answer to this will vary depending on who you ask. Some will respond to Napalm better, others L-U.

Ideally, the two should be stacked since they were orginally designed as one product.
    Napalm worked quite well for me last time I used - presumably due to the glycerrhetinic acid and raspberry ketones. However, the Lipo-U has caffeine, synephrine, ALCAR and other more usual fat mobilizers that are a definite plus.

As Tony said, stacked provides the best of both worlds.

However, there's also always the option of adding Clen or Nicotine or other more heavy duty substances, as with homebrews like "Spookyderm." Still, I would be very reticent to add nicotine that I extracted myself. Without any particularly accurate means of determing concentration at my disposal, that's just too dangerous of a chemical to mess around with.

Shifting gears, I made it to the gym yesterday, and man did it feel good. I felt fresh, new, and though I was cautious not to overdo things, I lifted hard and heavy. I only went once, and added an extra superset to help compensate, but this made the workout go on longer than I would have liked.

Supersets:

6x3
    Squats: 315, 335, 345, 355, 365, 375
    Pronated Cable Rows: 285, 5x300 w/3sec Ecc

6x3 Weighted Dips: 105, 5x110
    6x8 Leg Extensions: 235

4x8
    Decline Cable Press: 120 w/3sec Ecc
    Unilateral Seated Calves: 100lb w/5sec Ecc

4x8
    DB Pullovers: 110
    BB Curls: 95, 3x115 w/3sec Ecc

This is the first time in well over a month that I have attempted BB curls, due to the pain they had bee causing my hand. Now, I went fairly light, but I was still able to do them without pain, which is exciting.
    For the rows, 300lb is the whole weight stack, and the last plate was imbedded into the pad on which the stack sits. It was awesome to rip that last plate loose and watch the whole thing move. I'm just at a loss for what to do now for progression. Normal BB rows don't give the ROM I like so much with the cable rows, so maybe I'll try BB rows standing on a plate or something and only use 35lb plates on the bar...
    Any suggestions?

***NOW @ NP***
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Pack the bar with 2.5s! Lol, but seriously, what about a platform?
  22. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Pack the bar with 2.5s! Lol, but seriously, what about a platform?
    Wow, how moronic would I look? as many of those tiny little things as the bar will hold and I'd only be moving probably 95lb? Ha!

As lame as it is, my gym doesn't have a platform, or even just barbells laying around for you to do floor based movements. I was doing deads one day, and had taken the bb from a flat bench as it was available, and had a trainer actually try to take the bar out of my hands while I'm in the middle of a set because "you have to keep the bar with the equipment it's used on."
    I've asked several managers for a platform and some extra bb's, but to no avail...

***NOW @ NP***
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I can see how they wouldn't have any platforms cause a lot don't buy to take it and say it should stay with its equipment is crazy! They should be takin notes! Anyway, your gonna be upset with me resolve but my wife forgot to pick up the cauliflour yesterday so no pizza was made. I will make it though buddy! And when I do I may take a picture of it and post it haha!
    Wow, how moronic would I look? as many of those tiny little things as the bar will hold and I'd only be moving probably 95lb? Ha!

As lame as it is, my gym doesn't have a platform, or even just barbells laying around for you to do floor based movements. I was doing deads one day, and had taken the bb from a flat bench as it was available, and had a trainer actually try to take the bar out of my hands while I'm in the middle of a set because "you have to keep the bar with the equipment it's used on."
    I've asked several managers for a platform and some extra bb's, but to no avail...
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Haha, no worries man. I just hope you enjoy it when you do get around to trying it!

As for takin' notes, there are a couple of good trainers at my gym and a lot of bad ones. But that's not even a road I want to go down; so many dumb things I've been witness too... I just train and mind my own business as much as possible and they usually leave me alone, so I'm happy.

***NOW @ NP***
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.03%

Hey Resolve, anymore delicious recipes?! What have you been eating lately?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Boot the gym.
  27. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Hey Resolve, anymore delicious recipes?! What have you been eating lately?
    Yep, got one for ya at the bottom of today's update. Been eating pretty plainly for the last couple of days, but tonight we're having guests, so I'm busting out some yellow curry and kimchi!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Boot the gym.
    As sad as it is, it's the best equipped place in town (at least that I know of...), everywhere else is even worse. I only have to put up with this gym for a few more months anyway, and then I'll be going off to school again and the weight room there is nice!

Lipo-U: This stuff seems much better as a local diuretic than Napalm - definition continues to be up and the occasional bloating I experience has been down. However, the major culprit of bloating has typically been post-workout shakes, so dropping the carbs in those undoubtedly has helped in this area too.
    Sir Savage assigned each tester with a certain protocol to follow with Napalm/Lipo-U, to see which produced greater results. I and I think DGsky are cycling back and forth every two weeks between the two, while MrChristian and Trauma1 will be applying one in the morning and the other at night.
    I see the logic behind both protocols, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my fellow testers logs, but I've been considering the possible efficacy of dosing both simultaneously.
    What if, for example, I were apply 1-2pumps Napalm and 4-5pumps Lipo-U at a given application. That would supply the lipolytic actives of both, I'd get the diuretic effect of Lipo, and decreasing slightly the amount of Napalm should make it easier on the skin...
    Thoughts?

Anywhoo... I lifted again today. Still not up to par, but at least I don't feel like death anymore.

Supersets: 4x6/4x7

4x6
    Deadlifts: 405, 425, 445, 445
    Seated Military Press: 185, 195, 205, 205

4x6 Weighted Chins: BW+75
    4x7 Lying Leg Curls: 200 w/4sec Ecc

4x7
    Cable Lateral Raises: 30 w/4sec Ecc
    Unilateral Leg Press Calves: 330 w/4sec Ecc

Everything was pretty much still on maintenance mode - just trying not to lose strength. I did show some progress in my MPs, which surprised me - my shoulders were just feeling strong, I guess. The Chins were too light, an encouraging fact - I'll up 'em next time.

Meals of Note:
    Curry and Kim-chi! Alright, I use about a 1/4cup of curry paste (not the bars, they're loaded with carbs, get the paste!), whatever color I feel like. I'll sautee it in a skillet with 2 or 3 chopped garlic cloves and a 1/2cup of lite coconut milk until it starts to smell really good. Then I toss about a half pound each of chopped chicken breast and chopped lean beef (scallops are a great addition too, if you have them) in and mix it well. After a couple minutes of cooking, I'll add another 1/2cup of Coconut Milk and let it all simmer until the sauce thickens to a chowder consistency.
    In a wok I stir-fry cabbage, green beans, carrots, broccoli and whatever other veggies I feel like and when they are ready, I add them to the curry.
    It serves 2-3 people and after I dish it out, I throw a bit of kimchi on the side of each bowl - it makes a great addition to the meal and it's great for you.
    Overall, the meal is very low carb and absolutely packed with nutrition. I used to eat it all the time, but it slipped my mind until yesterday when I read an article mentioning kimchi. It gave me the munchies for it...

***NOW @ NP***
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%

Oh man, now you've got me craving curry. My wife is Thai and makes some amazing stuff with curry paste and if you like spicy its

I don't think I have any curry recipes posted, but you can check out my blog for some really great and (in most cases) low fat Thai recipes, all authentic from my wife.
  29. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Awesome - reps! That pumpkin stir-fry in particular looks quite appealing to me. Thank you - I grew up eating Asian food but never learned to make it.

***NOW @ NP***
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%

The pumpkin stir fry is rockin', but my favorite on there is the laab gai. Basically just chopped chicken with some aromatics and chili. The recipe on my blog says 1 tsp or less of the chili, but we make it with like 2 TBS...hot as hell man! I also like the khao man gai when cutting, although I have to take it easy on the rice in both cases. Hope you enjoy!
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Going back to finish undergrad, or embarking on the graduate program? What do you study?
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Starting a PhD in Molecular Biology...

***NOW @ NP***
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Man I wish I enjoyed science...
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Starting a PhD in Molecular Biology...

That's awesome. Goodluck.
  35. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Man I wish I enjoyed science...
    Well, you enjoy supplementation - that right there is a science unto itself. And you understand AAS and PHs way better than I; my experience with hormones is limited to research in an endocrinology lab.

***NOW @ NP***
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%

Well, you enjoy supplementation - that right there is a science unto itself. And you understand AAS and PHs way better than I; my experience with hormones is limited to research in an endocrinology lab.
    Ha...I quite honestly wish that was my only experience with them...My interest seems to be in practical issues, and I'm not at all saying that science isn't practical, that would be absurd, but I mean everyday things like politics, crime, law, etc. - And yes, I understand science influences all of that, but I think you see what I'm getting at.

I was actually a Bio major in the beginning, and really wanted to go to Creighton University for Dental School after my undergraduate studies, but I seemed to lose interest in all of it. I just couldn't get into the science enough to get the grades I needed. I'm not someone that just wants to memorize information to get the grade and move on...I want to actually dig into the material, study it, and enjoy it.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.25%
    Achievements Posting Pro

good luck wiyh the school. the older i get the more things interest me and i hated science but i do miss feeling intelligent.
  38. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Alright all, my apologies for my absence for the last couple of days - it was a busy weekend.

I continued with Lipo-U applications of course, as well as all my other goodies, and actually decided to change up my lifting routine somewhat. I've been doing two-a-days since November in two-week cycles and decided it was time for a break - I'm now on a caloric deficit and don't want to tax my system too much, and I was just getting tired of having to drive to the gym sooo much.

So, supplementation and peri-workout nutrition will stay the same, I will just be using only one intra-workout shake as I will only be doing one workout. I will lift 4 days a week: with quad dominant and vertical upper body lifts 2x/wk, and hip dominant and horizontal upper body 2x/wk.

I measured in this morning: weighed 244 on the dot, so I'm maintaining fairly well. Waist remains stubbornly at 39" and suprailiac skinfold has not changed. I am undecided whether my abs are looking better or not - I'll post pics later for your evaluation.

Ha...I quite honestly wish that was my only experience with them...My interest seems to be in practical issues, and I'm not at all saying that science isn't practical, that would be absurd, but I mean everyday things like politics, crime, law, etc. - And yes, I understand science influences all of that, but I think you see what I'm getting at.

I was actually a Bio major in the beginning, and really wanted to go to Creighton University for Dental School after my undergraduate studies, but I seemed to lose interest in all of it. I just couldn't get into the science enough to get the grades I needed. I'm not someone that just wants to memorize information to get the grade and move on...I want to actually dig into the material, study it, and enjoy it.
    It was wise to change your major - why do something you're not interested in? I loved my major courses; as you said, I "dug into the material" and learned things backwards and forwards more because I enjoyed it than because I had to.

good luck wiyh the school. the older i get the more things interest me and i hated science but i do miss feeling intelligent.
    I hear ya there - as I mature, various subjects that I never cared about become more and more interesting. The bio sciences remain my first love, though, and I can't wait to get things rolling on this degree - my undergrad years really just showed me how much I don't know.

***NOW @ NP***
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

Week 4

Lipo-U: It's drying out my hands, despite thorough washing. I've been applying cocoa butter to counter this. I'm sitting with a sweatshirt on and can really feel the Lipo underneath it, taking effect. Just like the napalm, it's a warming sensation similar to Vaporub. I still believe I'm continuing to lean out, and reducing my workouts will allow me to further reduce calories without detriment, so I should see even more progress in the weeks to come.

Today's workout: 8x3 Supersets for all movements

ATG Squats: 315, 335, 355, 4setsx365, 375
    Weighted Chins: BW+100 (sets 1-5 had 3sec Ecc)

Military Press: 205
    Unilateral Leg Press Calves: 450 w/5sec Ecc

BB Preacher Curls: 135 (sets 1-4 had 3sec Ecc)
    Unilateral Overhead Ext.s: 65lb DB

I love this set/rep scheme. Sets are over before you realize it, but so intense that you really feel them. The weight is heavy enough to build strength and the volume high enough to elicit cumulative fatigue for hypertrophy. Good stuff and I'm glad to be doing it again.
    My goal is to progressively increase the number of those squats sets at 375; I did one this week, I'll shoot for two next week, etc.
    I am wearing my poor dipping belt out. I've broken to carabiners on it and now, a chain link is pulling apart. It's sad, I've had that sucker for a long time, but hey, my chins are doing great.
    And oh, it felt so good to be doing bb preachers again! I love that freaking lift (what can I say? I'm a whore for arm movements!)
    Finally, I would like to reflect on calves - I got a freaking great calf workout and I was doing 3reps per set! They were burning and are still feeling worked despite my extremely unorthodox manner of training them today. I dig it - huge loads plus slow negatives should equal growth.

Meals: This morning for breakfast I enjoyed a nice bowl of quinoa and wheat bran porridge. I topped it with berries, a little milk and some cinnamon. Never had quinoa until recently - I like it much more than oatmeal, but that's because oatmeal's pretty much my least favorite hot cereal. But I really like the quinoa, especially mixed with the oat bran. Good flavor, lots of fiber, and low glycemically too.

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quinoa yes! I've been raving about that grain forever. Nobody listens though. Complete source of protein + gluten free = what else can you ask for in a grain!?

I make all my quinoa like rice. I interchange any rice recipe and sub in the quinoa. It's GREAT!