GREASEFIRE!!! - Burning Down Resolve with Napalm and Lipoderm-Ultra

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, I have, but it was back when I weighed 180 and my whole workout regimen revolved around remaining lean.

On a more recent cut, I trained with very little carbs and my performance really suffered, even with Glutamine and BCAAs. So I figured if low-carbing it decreases my strength, being fasted probably would do so as well.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After more thought, and sleeping on it, I decided to leave things pretty much as they are for peri-workout nutrition. I have not followed my current protocol long enough for me to fully evaluate its efficacy or short-comings, so I will wait a bit.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
That's probably the best way to go. You'll know eventually if it worked for you or not. And, knowing is half the battle.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
My GI Joes had many a war. Some of them were even microwaved, slightly burned, cut, and or amputated. It was all part of the drama. Good times.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I have, but it was back when I weighed 180 and my whole workout regimen revolved around remaining lean.

On a more recent cut, I trained with very little carbs and my performance really suffered, even with Glutamine and BCAAs. So I figured if low-carbing it decreases my strength, being fasted probably would do so as well.
FT puts a whole different spin on things...You don't have to have a low-carb diet to train fasted. You have to remember that your glycogen storage is cumulative, not immediate. Your body isn't taking the carbohydrates you just ate and use them for fuel...it takes the carbohydrates you ate three days ago! (I'm roughly throwing numbers out, but you get the point) - I carb up after every workout, and if I wanted to have a high-carb diet, I could...Training fasted is mainly about taking advantage of the high hormone levels and high ability to burn adipose tissue. Roughly 2/3rds of the energy exerted during weight training is from fat, not carbs.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you, yeah. I do know glycogen is replenished over time. I also understand that you don't have to low-carb to do FT.

I'm just saying that, in my experience, lifting without carbs beforehand equates to a weaker workout. Also, the percentage of lipid oxidation during a lifting session can actually vary, dependant upon the intensity of the lift and the muscle fibers activated.

At this point, I'm gonna stick with what I've got going. If I find I need to change things up, i.e. my fat-loss stalls, I'll bring FT back on the table.

Thanks for the info though, man, and it's because of your log and the progress you made in it on FT that I thought about using it again. You made some good strides.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I'm big on getting in my carbs preworkout! Like oatmeal or a granola bar! Intra-aid is all ive been doing during. Post workout is usually whey protein 30min after with a banana immediately following workout! If I'm real hungry I just down some peanut butter after workout! Most recomp comes for me how I deal with my sugars anf not eating many carbs after breakfast!

BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 10

Oo, bugger, am I beat. I have that totally drained, limited proprioception, "the-world-feels-surreal" kind of fatigue. I'ma post this and hit the hay.

Napalm: I tried exfoliation on my abdomen today prior to an application. Let's just say:

It burned like hell for for several minutes. The sensation was similar to when I applied tiger balm to a pulled hamstring last year and ended up getting some on my crotch - less intense and the Napalm didn't make me well-up, but unpleasant none-the-less.

Needless to say, I'll just be sticking with a shower and good scrubbing before applying.

AM Workout:Strength and F.H. Supersets

4x6
Front Squats: 275
Rear Delt Raises: 60

4x6
DB Bench: 110, 115, 120, 120
Pronated Cable Rows: 285 w/3sec Ecc

4x7
DB Lunges: 50lb DBs
Cable Gironda Curls: 140, 150, 170, 170 w/3sec Ecc

I find front squats more systemically taxing than back squats; I feel greater activation in my abs, arms and anterior by a long shot. These honestly left me pretty drained for everything else, so I subbed in rows for cleans. I did DB bench because all the BB benches were taken.
I was thrilled when I tried that first set of curls (I uses a straight BB) and had no pain in my hand - I'm healing and I've gotten stronger. The curls, DB bench and Front Squats are all PRs.

PM Workout: "Yes, I do enjoy pain" Supersets, All 4x10

Leg Press: 600, 3setsx690
DB Rows: 100 lb DBs

Cable Press: 100
Leg Press Calves: 690 w/5sec Ecc

NG Dec Bench: 215
Hammer Curls: 75 lb DBs

Dec Bench is up 10lbs, IIRC, and that's the most I've ever leg pressed, so I was stoked. The Rows felt good - just the right amount of weight; had a good stretch at the bottom of each rep and was able to pull cleanly with my back. No "help" from my legs.
Cable Press was the most difficult for some reason. I don't know why...
Again, curls stood out for me as a surprise - I did DB curls on Mon for 65x14, so I knew I had to go heavier than that for less reps and a stronger movement, but I didn't expect 75 to be feasible, honestly. I was stoked.

Meals of Note: Some low-carb country fried steak (top sirloin dipped in egg white then rolled in smokehouse almond meal and sauteed) with ranch and broccoli on the side. I'm trying to convince BW to make some of her "healthy Creme Brulee", that's good stuff too, and the recipe is up in that section.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Oo, bugger, am I beat. I have that totally drained, limited proprioception, "the-world-feels-surreal" kind of fatigue. I'ma post this and hit the hay.

Napalm: I tried exfoliation on my abdomen today prior to an application. Let's just say:

It burned like hell for for several minutes. The sensation was similar to when I applied tiger balm to a pulled hamstring last year and ended up getting some on my crotch - less intense and the Napalm didn't make me well-up, but unpleasant none-the-less.

Needless to say, I'll just be sticking with a shower and good scrubbing before applying.

AM Workout:Strength and F.H. Supersets

4x6
Front Squats: 275
Rear Delt Raises: 60

4x6
DB Bench: 110, 115, 120, 120
Pronated Cable Rows: 285 w/3sec Ecc

4x7
DB Lunges: 50lb DBs
Cable Gironda Curls: 140, 150, 170, 170 w/3sec Ecc

I find front squats more systemically taxing than back squats; I feel greater activation in my abs, arms and anterior by a long shot. These honestly left me pretty drained for everything else, so I subbed in rows for cleans. I did DB bench because all the BB benches were taken.
I was thrilled when I tried that first set of curls (I uses a straight BB) and had no pain in my hand - I'm healing and I've gotten stronger. The curls, DB bench and Front Squats are all PRs.

PM Workout: "Yes, I do enjoy pain" Supersets, All 4x10

Leg Press: 600, 3setsx690
DB Rows: 100 lb DBs

Cable Press: 100
Leg Press Calves: 690 w/5sec Ecc

NG Dec Bench: 215
Hammer Curls: 75 lb DBs

Dec Bench is up 10lbs, IIRC, and that's the most I've ever leg pressed, so I was stoked. The Rows felt good - just the right amount of weight; had a good stretch at the bottom of each rep and was able to pull cleanly with my back. No "help" from my legs.
Cable Press was the most difficult for some reason. I don't know why...
Again, curls stood out for me as a surprise - I did DB curls on Mon for 65x14, so I knew I had to go heavier than that for less reps and a stronger movement, but I didn't expect 75 to be feasible, honestly. I was stoked.

Meals of Note: Some low-carb country fried steak (top sirloin dipped in egg white then rolled in smokehouse almond meal and sauteed) with ranch and broccoli on the side. I'm trying to convince BW to make some of her "healthy Creme Brulee", that's good stuff too, and the recipe is up in that section.
LOVE THE WORKOUT!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 11

The cold I was fighting off has returned with a vengeance; yesterday if I was not working, I was sleeping, trying to kick this thing before having to lift today.

I got some fasted cardio in first thing yesterday morning, but BW forbade me from doing my circuits. It was probably for the better.

Napalm: I applied as normal, not a whole lot to report.

I'll update on today's sessions after completing the PM session. In the meantime, I'm recuperating.:tired:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Rest well my friend. Get yourself some homemade chicken soup. :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 12 and 13

I've gotten some good rest, but I'm still feeling pretty crappy. No appetite whatsoever, nausea, a piercing headache and exhaustion. However, my spirits are high and I'm gonna just keep resting through tomorrow in the hopes of a healthier Monday.

Napalm: IMO, my abs are looking leaner and more apparent. I look to have at least lost water in the area, and hopefully lost some actual fat too.
I have not applied my second dose for the day yet, but I will before the evening get too late. Irritation has become a thing of the past and all I notice now is that same, "vaporub" like quality when it's on.

Edit: Also; I'm planning on taking some progress pics tomorrow morning, when water should be low...

Yesterday's Sessions
AM

5x5
RDLs: 405, 415, 425, 435, 435
Behind-the-Neck, Seated Military: 150, 185, 190, 195, 195

5x5 Wide-grip supinated pull-downs: 285 w/3sec ecc
5x7 Cable Pull-throughs: 150, 160, 170, 180, 180

5x7
Front Raises: 40
Reverse Cable Curls: 160, 4x170

I was dead from the get-go; I was just sick and forcing myself. I didn't increase any weights from previous w/os and even did a few things to lower intensity. I felt awful this whole workout.

PM All 4x12

Hamstring Leg Presses: 600
Incline DB Press: 90

Cross Cable Pulls: 140 per arm
Leg Press Calves: 600 w/5sec ecc

Overhead Cable Tri Ext: 150
Cable Unilater Preacher Curls: 70, 70, 80, 80

This workout was performed from sheer willpower. I was shivering despite the clement temperature in the room and kept my sweatshirt on the whole time, which I never do. In result, I sweated much more than normal, which I found somehow helped me feel better. To my astonishment, my curls saw another increase - my arms of late have been growing much stronger. While everything else felt like a 1000lb, those cable curls were nice.

Unless I feel much better by Monday, I plan on reducing workouts to once a day until I am feeling 100%. I am undecided whether I will do some Max Effort training this week, or just some normal full body routines.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Hope you feel better, man. Take care of yourself.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've gotten some good rest, but I'm still feeling pretty crappy. No appetite whatsoever, nausea, a piercing headache and exhaustion. However, my spirits are high and I'm gonna just keep resting through tomorrow in the hopes of a healthier Monday.

Napalm: IMO, my abs are looking leaner and more apparent. I look to have at least lost water in the area, and hopefully lost some actual fat too.
I have not applied my second dose for the day yet, but I will before the evening get too late. Irritation has become a thing of the past and all I notice now is that same, "vaporub" like quality when it's on.

Edit: Also; I'm planning on taking some progress pics tomorrow morning, when water should be low...

Yesterday's Sessions
AM

5x5
RDLs: 405, 415, 425, 435, 435
Behind-the-Neck, Seated Military: 150, 185, 190, 195, 195

5x5 Wide-grip supinated pull-downs: 285 w/3sec ecc
5x7 Cable Pull-throughs: 150, 160, 170, 180, 180

5x7
Front Raises: 40
Reverse Cable Curls: 160, 4x170

I was dead from the get-go; I was just sick and forcing myself. I didn't increase any weights from previous w/os and even did a few things to lower intensity. I felt awful this whole workout.

PM All 4x12

Hamstring Leg Presses: 600
Incline DB Press: 90

Cross Cable Pulls: 140 per arm
Leg Press Calves: 600 w/5sec ecc

Overhead Cable Tri Ext: 150
Cable Unilater Preacher Curls: 70, 70, 80, 80

This workout was performed from sheer willpower. I was shivering despite the clement temperature in the room and kept my sweatshirt on the whole time, which I never do. In result, I sweated much more than normal, which I found somehow helped me feel better. To my astonishment, my curls saw another increase - my arms of late have been growing much stronger. While everything else felt like a 1000lb, those cable curls were nice.

Unless I feel much better by Monday, I plan on reducing workouts to once a day until I am feeling 100%. I am undecided whether I will do some Max Effort training this week, or just some normal full body routines.
You absolutely have lost fat in your abs! I can tell. :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pull back and gather some strength....recuperate first and then get back on it!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in a similar hold pattern myself(back spasms), so I know how you feel. It will improve and we will come back with even more ambition!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am in a similar hold pattern myself(back spasms), so I know how you feel. It will improve and we will come back with even more ambition!!
It's our Post-T-911 bodies, AZ; they're used to all that androsterone goodness and are giving us flak without it!

I concur about the rebound: all my mental drive is still present - I'm mentally ready to go back and hit things as hard as ever. But I know well enough that, at this point, that's hardly a good idea. :D

Pics will be up shortly guys!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ABs are coming in bubba..I'd call that progress!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Start of Wk 3

Today is the beginning of the 3rd wk of this intrepid endeavor. Some updates:

I am cycling in Lipoderm-Ultra for the next 2 weeks, replacing the Napalm. Applications are a full 8 pumps applied twice a day to my abs. The change in topical should keep my stomach from growing accustomed to any one active in either Lipo or Napalm.

Forskolin will be finally increased to the full 150mg per day.

DCP will be increased from 8 to 9 per day.

My waist remains the same size by my measuring tape, but the visibility of my abs has increased, indicating some localized fat-loss.

I forgot to take a skinfold measurement this morning, I will do so tomorrow morning.

I am on the mend, physically, and actually feeling pretty darn good today, but still not up to hitting the weights. I will be just doing some good moderate intensity cardio today and spotting my wife as she lifts more than most of the guys at our gym.

Also, while measuring today, my arms clocked in at a whopping 19"! That's a 1/2 inch increase in the last 5weeks! It has nothing to do with the rest of this log, but I'm stoked. :biglaugh:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are making great progress! I love your big arms! :D

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
You are definitely looking leaner my friend. :biggthumpup::arms::clap2:Did you kick the illness yet?:puke: I think mine has almost been completely eliminated. I thought I had bronchitis there for a while, I had the WORST cough that I just could not get rid of.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
You are definitely looking leaner my friend. :biggthumpup::arms::clap2:Did you kick the illness yet?:puke: I think mine has almost been completely eliminated. I thought I had bronchitis there for a while, I had the WORST cough that I just could not get rid of.
MucinexDM does wonders for me. with some theraflu! right before bed. I wake up feeling great and dried out>

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More thought on Day 15

I'm feeling much better, thanks - really looking forward to getting back in the gym tomorrow. This cold actually didn't affect my chest at all, which is unusual, considering I have had pneumonia 4 times; normally, every sickness goes straight to my lungs! Sorry about your cough, those lingering ones can be a real pain.

Alright, to update everyone, I took another skinfold test this morning:
Suprailiac Skinfold: 9mm
That's a 1mm decrese since last week, which is a good indication that something's going on. It's not huge, but it's headway.

Lipo-U: This is rather different from Napalm, in formulation obviously, but also in its physical attributes. The color is much darker, making my stomach appear tanner than the rest of me until dries. It is much milder on the skin. It's scent is different as well, not as strong or medicinal - the "vaporub" quality is gone.
It seems to dry entirely at a faster pace - Napalm can retain a slight tackiness for a short while after application. Lipo gets dry as a bone rapidly.

Today, I've done fasted cardio and will be doing a bodyweight circuit this afternoon.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 16

Lipo-U: Yeah, way easier on the skin. Shaved again today and no irritation occurred whatsoever. I remain aware that it has been applied for quite sometime after an application - I can feel it slightly underneath my shirt. The sensitivity to heat doesn't occur as it did with napalm, but the whole area feels hotter naturally for a while after applications.

On a different note, I'm blowing through that bottle of DCP. Should last another week and a half; taking it so often can be something of a bother to remember.

Meals: Pepperoncini's make any meal way better. London Broil over Kale with sliced pepperoncini's, some crumbled gorgonzola cheese and a drizzle of EVOO was outstanding.

I'll be hitting up the gym finally tomorrow. I'm easing back into things with only one session a day for now. I'll play it by ear from there.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Lipo-U: Yeah, way easier on the skin. Shaved again today and no irritation occurred whatsoever. I remain aware that it has been applied for quite sometime after an application - I can feel it slightly underneath my shirt. The sensitivity to heat doesn't occur as it did with napalm, but the whole area feels hotter naturally for a while after applications.

On a different note, I'm blowing through that bottle of DCP. Should last another week and a half; taking it so often can be something of a bother to remember.

Meals: Pepperoncini's make any meal way better. London Broil over Kale with sliced pepperoncini's, some crumbled gorgonzola cheese and a drizzle of EVOO was outstanding.

I'll be hitting up the gym finally tomorrow. I'm easing back into things with only one session a day for now. I'll play it by ear from there.
Its very easy to go through a bottle of DCP. I've blown through a bottles in no time. Get ready to pop another one open.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
AZ - your Avatar is great! That skit is hilarious and Jim Carrey is ridiculously creepy in it.

Here's the pizza recipe.
1/2 head of steamed Cauliflower, Grated
1 1/4 C Shredded Part-Skim or Fat-Free Mozzarella Cheese
1 Egg
1/2 C Tomato Sauce
Basil
Oregano
Thyme
Toppings of Choice

Steam the Cauliflower, allow to cool, then grate it into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.

To the bowl of Cauliflower, add the egg and about half of the shredded cheese.
Mix and knead this "dough" by hand until thoroughly blended.
On a well-sprayed cookie sheet (this recipe won't work for a deep-dish pizza), spread the dough until it is approximately 1/4-1/2inch thick, with a slightly thicker crust around the edges.
Bake the crust for 20mins at 450degrees or until top is somewhat browned and feels firm to the touch.
Remove from oven, cover crust with tomato sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, the remaining cheese and desired toppings (our favorites are thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, whole basil leaves and turkey kielbasa).
Set oven to Broil on High. Broil pizza for 3-5mins or until the toppings are cooked
Depending on your oven, it may take a little playing with the cooking times and amount of cheese you use to get this one perfect; but this recipe is a real treat when you get it right! We enjoy on average once a week.

The pizza song? Well, that was BW goofing off, so it was something like, "Pizza is my friend, and I'm not gonna share, 'cuz you're a big hairy man." She's real encouraging like that. :biglaugh:
It's on tonight for this recipe. I'll let ya know how it tastes. would have gotten to is sooner but now i'm ready! have a great Day Resolve!!!!:thumbsup:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its very easy to go through a bottle of DCP. I've blown through a bottles in no time. Get ready to pop another one open.
You aren't kidding - at 9caps a day that things emptying like a gatling gun :)

It's on tonight for this recipe. I'll let ya know how it tastes. would have gotten to is sooner but now i'm ready! have a great Day Resolve!!!!:thumbsup:
Press the crust out fairly thin, and grease the cookie sheet well. The more cheese you use in the crust, the tastier in my opinion, but beyond a certain point it won't stay like a crust and you'll have to eat it with a fork, because it will just fall apart in your hands.

It would probably be awesome if you put some of that deer sausage on it!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
You aren't kidding - at 9caps a day that things emptying like a gatling gun :)
Yep, and if I'm having a high cal dinner, that's a 3 cap dose. Total of 10 caps.

2 caps morning, 2 caps afternoon, 2 caps pre-workout, 2-3 caps before dinner, 1 cap before bed.

I'd try more than 10 a day, but that's just to expensive. I don't get that heavy sweating that most experience from DCP. I do sometimes find that when I wake up in the middle of the night, the back of my head is a little sweaty :(

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I have some left over from last night. I'll probably just slice it really thin and throw the sclices on top. yummy!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, and if I'm having a high cal dinner, that's a 3 cap dose. Total of 10 caps.

2 caps morning, 2 caps afternoon, 2 caps pre-workout, 2-3 caps before dinner, 1 cap before bed.

I'd try more than 10 a day, but that's just to expensive. I don't get that heavy sweating that most experience from DCP. I do sometimes find that when I wake up in the middle of the night, the back of my head is a little sweaty :(
I haven't experienced additonal sweating or any side effects at all on DCP. Doesn't mean it's not working though... The only part of my body that currently feels warm is my gut, and that's from the Lipo-U.

I have some left over from last night. I'll probably just slice it really thin and throw the sclices on top. yummy!
Turkey sausage on top with some basil is one of my faves.
I'd imagine the venison would make it even better.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Abs are coming in! Congrats on the 1/2 inch. That's quite a lot of progress in such a short time.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad you and Volcom are both running DCP. I was tempted to try it but not so much anymore. Even though it may be a good product, it doesn't sound worth the price.

Resolve, do you think Lipo-U would be better to use for abdominal fat loss than Napalm. I've used, and actually am currently using some Napalm (just on my two cardio days). I'd like to use a topical on an ED basis, but Napalm made me smell like crap...It took about a week before my "toxic sweat" went away.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Emerge, I feel like things are coming along nicely.

Irish - I went with DCP because PLCAR, in my experience, is great stuff and it's stim-free. Taking so many is somewhat of a hassle, but we'll see if it pays off.
As for the Lipo-U, I really can't say yet. I've been using it for less than a week, so I can't give a whole lot of feedback on it concerning results. It is easier on the skin and scent is not nearly as apparent once it dries. I ought to have a better answer after I've had more time using Lipo-U.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Resolve, do you think Lipo-U would be better to use for abdominal fat loss than Napalm.
Keep in mind that the answer to this will vary depending on who you ask. Some will respond to Napalm better, others L-U.

Ideally, the two should be stacked since they were orginally designed as one product.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep in mind that the answer to this will vary depending on who you ask. Some will respond to Napalm better, others L-U.

Ideally, the two should be stacked since they were orginally designed as one product.
Napalm worked quite well for me last time I used - presumably due to the glycerrhetinic acid and raspberry ketones. However, the Lipo-U has caffeine, synephrine, ALCAR and other more usual fat mobilizers that are a definite plus.

As Tony said, stacked provides the best of both worlds.

However, there's also always the option of adding Clen or Nicotine or other more heavy duty substances, as with homebrews like "Spookyderm." Still, I would be very reticent to add nicotine that I extracted myself. Without any particularly accurate means of determing concentration at my disposal, that's just too dangerous of a chemical to mess around with.

Shifting gears, I made it to the gym yesterday, and man did it feel good. I felt fresh, new, and though I was cautious not to overdo things, I lifted hard and heavy. I only went once, and added an extra superset to help compensate, but this made the workout go on longer than I would have liked.

Supersets:

6x3
Squats: 315, 335, 345, 355, 365, 375
Pronated Cable Rows: 285, 5x300 w/3sec Ecc

6x3 Weighted Dips: 105, 5x110
6x8 Leg Extensions: 235

4x8
Decline Cable Press: 120 w/3sec Ecc
Unilateral Seated Calves: 100lb w/5sec Ecc

4x8
DB Pullovers: 110
BB Curls: 95, 3x115 w/3sec Ecc

This is the first time in well over a month that I have attempted BB curls, due to the pain they had bee causing my hand. Now, I went fairly light, but I was still able to do them without pain, which is exciting.
For the rows, 300lb is the whole weight stack, and the last plate was imbedded into the pad on which the stack sits. It was awesome to rip that last plate loose and watch the whole thing move. I'm just at a loss for what to do now for progression. Normal BB rows don't give the ROM I like so much with the cable rows, so maybe I'll try BB rows standing on a plate or something and only use 35lb plates on the bar...
Any suggestions?

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Pack the bar with 2.5s! Lol, but seriously, what about a platform?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pack the bar with 2.5s! Lol, but seriously, what about a platform?
Wow, how moronic would I look?:icon16: as many of those tiny little things as the bar will hold and I'd only be moving probably 95lb? Ha!

As lame as it is, my gym doesn't have a platform, or even just barbells laying around for you to do floor based movements. I was doing deads one day, and had taken the bb from a flat bench as it was available, and had a trainer actually try to take the bar out of my hands while I'm in the middle of a set because "you have to keep the bar with the equipment it's used on."
I've asked several managers for a platform and some extra bb's, but to no avail... :(

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I can see how they wouldn't have any platforms cause a lot don't buy to take it and say it should stay with its equipment is crazy! They should be takin notes! Anyway, your gonna be upset with me resolve but my wife forgot to pick up the cauliflour yesterday so no pizza was made. I will make it though buddy! And when I do I may take a picture of it and post it haha!
Wow, how moronic would I look?:icon16: as many of those tiny little things as the bar will hold and I'd only be moving probably 95lb? Ha!

As lame as it is, my gym doesn't have a platform, or even just barbells laying around for you to do floor based movements. I was doing deads one day, and had taken the bb from a flat bench as it was available, and had a trainer actually try to take the bar out of my hands while I'm in the middle of a set because "you have to keep the bar with the equipment it's used on."
I've asked several managers for a platform and some extra bb's, but to no avail... :(

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, no worries man. I just hope you enjoy it when you do get around to trying it!

As for takin' notes, there are a couple of good trainers at my gym and a lot of bad ones. But that's not even a road I want to go down; so many dumb things I've been witness too... I just train and mind my own business as much as possible and they usually leave me alone, so I'm happy. :)

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Hey Resolve, anymore delicious recipes?! What have you been eating lately?:irked::34:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Resolve, anymore delicious recipes?! What have you been eating lately?:irked::34:
Yep, got one for ya at the bottom of today's update. Been eating pretty plainly for the last couple of days, but tonight we're having guests, so I'm busting out some yellow curry and kimchi! :head:

Boot the gym.
As sad as it is, it's the best equipped place in town (at least that I know of...), everywhere else is even worse. I only have to put up with this gym for a few more months anyway, and then I'll be going off to school again and the weight room there is nice!:notworthy:

Lipo-U: This stuff seems much better as a local diuretic than Napalm - definition continues to be up and the occasional bloating I experience has been down. However, the major culprit of bloating has typically been post-workout shakes, so dropping the carbs in those undoubtedly has helped in this area too.
Sir Savage assigned each tester with a certain protocol to follow with Napalm/Lipo-U, to see which produced greater results. I and I think DGsky are cycling back and forth every two weeks between the two, while MrChristian and Trauma1 will be applying one in the morning and the other at night.
I see the logic behind both protocols, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my fellow testers logs, but I've been considering the possible efficacy of dosing both simultaneously.
What if, for example, I were apply 1-2pumps Napalm and 4-5pumps Lipo-U at a given application. That would supply the lipolytic actives of both, I'd get the diuretic effect of Lipo, and decreasing slightly the amount of Napalm should make it easier on the skin...
Thoughts?

Anywhoo... I lifted again today. Still not up to par, but at least I don't feel like death anymore.

Supersets: 4x6/4x7

4x6
Deadlifts: 405, 425, 445, 445
Seated Military Press: 185, 195, 205, 205

4x6 Weighted Chins: BW+75
4x7 Lying Leg Curls: 200 w/4sec Ecc

4x7
Cable Lateral Raises: 30 w/4sec Ecc
Unilateral Leg Press Calves: 330 w/4sec Ecc

Everything was pretty much still on maintenance mode - just trying not to lose strength. I did show some progress in my MPs, which surprised me - my shoulders were just feeling strong, I guess. The Chins were too light, an encouraging fact - I'll up 'em next time.

Meals of Note:
Curry and Kim-chi! Alright, I use about a 1/4cup of curry paste (not the bars, they're loaded with carbs, get the paste!), whatever color I feel like. I'll sautee it in a skillet with 2 or 3 chopped garlic cloves and a 1/2cup of lite coconut milk until it starts to smell really good. Then I toss about a half pound each of chopped chicken breast and chopped lean beef (scallops are a great addition too, if you have them) in and mix it well. After a couple minutes of cooking, I'll add another 1/2cup of Coconut Milk and let it all simmer until the sauce thickens to a chowder consistency.
In a wok I stir-fry cabbage, green beans, carrots, broccoli and whatever other veggies I feel like and when they are ready, I add them to the curry.
It serves 2-3 people and after I dish it out, I throw a bit of kimchi on the side of each bowl - it makes a great addition to the meal and it's great for you.
Overall, the meal is very low carb and absolutely packed with nutrition. I used to eat it all the time, but it slipped my mind until yesterday when I read an article mentioning kimchi. It gave me the munchies for it...

carib102

carib102

Awards
Oh man, now you've got me craving curry. My wife is Thai and makes some amazing stuff with curry paste and if you like spicy its :smileeek:

I don't think I have any curry recipes posted, but you can check out my blog for some really great and (in most cases) low fat Thai recipes, all authentic from my wife.

carib102

carib102

Awards
The pumpkin stir fry is rockin', but my favorite on there is the laab gai. Basically just chopped chicken with some aromatics and chili. The recipe on my blog says 1 tsp or less of the chili, but we make it with like 2 TBS...hot as hell man! I also like the khao man gai when cutting, although I have to take it easy on the rice in both cases. Hope you enjoy!