GREASEFIRE!!! - Burning Down Resolve with Napalm and Lipoderm-Ultra - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

GREASEFIRE!!! - Burning Down Resolve with Napalm and Lipoderm-Ultra

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ha! Well, I'll keep 'em coming as I think of 'em...
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

in.
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    in.
    Was wondering where you been!

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Was wondering where you been!
    Didn't even know you had this log going until Volcom mentioned it.
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

No worries bro, glad you made it over.

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Well gentlemen all this talk about recipes! I made a crawfish pie today with some deer meat in it! Talk about awesome! Veggies-venison- crawfish! The pie crust was legit! I'm gonna yet the dip for the super bowl MC!

BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

That is awesome! Unfortunately I do not have easy access to venison as I don't hunt, I've also never had any experience cooking crawfish. That sounds like quite the interesting concoction.
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Crawfish pie w/venison? How very unconventional - yet it sounds delicious. Your taste in food tends to have what appears a Cajun bend, Bravo; are you from Louisiana by chance?

A couple of quick updates for everbody:

Waist: Still 39"
    Weight: 246 first thing this morning; and my weight fluctuates by up to 5lb everyday, so this is normal
    Suprailiac Skinfold: ~10mm; I thought I would measure this as a way to track more specifically the fat-loss on my abs. My skill is such that in no way would I attempt to judge my BF% from it, but merely use it to monitor the adiposity of that one region.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Subbed.
    Thinking of trying Napalm on my lower chest.
  10. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Day 8

Welcome Lonewolf.

I'm now into my second week of Napalm - where did that week go?

There are about 4 guys I see routinely at the gym that are more muscular than I. They are not "bigger" than me as I am several inches taller and obviously heavier, but in ratio to me, they have more muscle, and their workouts are nothing but high volume. I lift more than all of them on every lift I've ever seen them do, but they perform way more reps than I, albeit at lower weight. I've always trained for strength and size, but I beginning to feel like my size is lagging behind my strength. In result, I'm considering making my next routine (for after this log) rather high volume and somewhat reduce the intensity. I'll post the routine once I have it assembled.

Napalm: I'm finding it doesn't wash off the hands very readily, takes a bit more effort to suds up the hand with Napalm on it. Not a problem, just an observation. Having used Napalm once before, I knew coming into this that a clean and warm application site seems most effective, and so far, this continues to hold true. The longer I let the shower spray my abdomen, it seems, the more apparent the sensations from Napalm. The sensation does not necessarily indicate efficacy, but it certainly isn't hindering anything.

AM Workout: Strength and Functional Hypertrophy Supersets

6x3
    Deads: 465
    Smith-Machine Push-Press: 245

6x3 Weighted Chins: BW+105
    3x8 Leg Curls: 220 w/4sec Ecc

3x8
    Lateral Raises: 40
    Reverse Cable Curls: 150 w/3sec Ecc

I didn't want to use the Smith Machine, it doesn't work my shoulders nearly as well and requires a lot more weight, but both the Squat racks were being used. I loved those deads, though - 465 is PR and a 10lb increase!
    Also, I'm digging the GlycerGrow - I was getting a full on Pump in my quads (yeah, quads!) from the first superset, and my biceps were burning once I finished those Chin-ups.
    I'm making good progress in my lateral raises too: I increased by one rep over last week and am beginning to accentuate the negative more. Progress!

PM: Hypertrophy Supersets, All 3x14

Jump Step-Ups: BW
    Arnold Press: 60lb DBs

Wide-Grip Lat-pulls: 240
    Seated Calf-Raises: 180 w/5sec at Stretch Point

Rope Tricep Extensions: 150 w/4sec Ecc
    DB Curls: 50, 55, 65 lb DBs

I was getting some funny looks from people launching myself off a bench with those step-ups, but my glutes were telling I was doing something right. Arnold Presses are up 2reps over last week. Lat-Pulls were tough, but my back is in shambles after this mornings session, so that's really to be expected.
    What shocked me was my DB curls: 50lb felt like nothing, so I just kept upping the weight! And there was no pain in the hand that has been causing me trouble - a big plus! I'm apprehensive still about BB Curls, but I'm recuperating and getting stronger too.

Meals of Note: I ate nothing exciting today. Chicken with a little yogurt ranch dressing over the top, top sirloin, eggs over easy, nothing creative today. Sorry.
    I did order 20lb of ATW Cinnamon Bun WPI, though! Went through AM's own Marcus and was treated like a freaking VIP.

***NOW @ NP***
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

What is this yogurt ranch dressing you speak of? Is it just one of those ranch flavor packets and instead of using sour cream, you use yogurt?
  12. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Yeah, I mentioned in an earlier post the ranch dressing made with yogurt and cottage cheese - well, we ran out of cottage cheese, so I used just yogurt

***NOW @ NP***
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

WTF?! I missed that one somehow, and I'm glad I did!

Yeah, the ranch was really good. I still gotta get around to making my avocado dressing, that's even better:

1 peeled and pitted avocado
    1/4 of a lime
    A sprig of Cilatro
    1/2 clove of Garlic (either raw or sauteed)
    2Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream or Half and Half
    Dash of Water

Blend it all together and add water until it gets to your desired consistency. It's awesome - like a quacamole cream sauce!
    What would you eat this with?
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    What would you eat this with?
    you could put in on salad or use it as a veggie dip. It also tastes good on cooked meat- like hamburger or chicken.
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

It's really good over turkey burgers, IMO

Any of you guys seen Pineapple Express? We watched it last night and typically Judd Appatow's movies aren't my style, but this had me absolutely rolling with laughter. James Franco and Seth Rogan played off each other so well as a couple of stoned buddies in peril.

***NOW @ NP***
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

It's really good over turkey burgers, IMO

Any of you guys seen Pineapple Express? We watched it last night and typically Judd Appatow's movies aren't my style, but this had me absolutely rolling with laughter. James Franco and Seth Rogan played off each other so well as a couple of stoned buddies in peril.
    I saw it but didn't care for it too much. It was funny how that guy got shot like ten times and didn't die, though. That made me laugh.
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Bummer - I enjoyed it quite a bit!

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

You see, I also heard it was no good so I didn't rent it. Hmmmmm.....
  19. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

The ending is somewhat cheesy, but done in what struck me as a very ironic manner. The building of the characters for the first half of the movie had me roaring - BW too.

On another note: I could tell no difference in my recovery on Monday, even though my Post-workout shake had no carbs. This was due to the intra-workout carbs I had; so, I've been debating with myself whether or not it would be beneficial to cut the carbs from my morning's post-workout meal as well. I would add some additional CHO to my breakfast instead, but a lesser amount.

Of course, another option is to lift fasted in the morning: no breakfast, just intra-workout nutrition and then a slightly larger Post-workout meal. This would be following in the footsteps of Irish, but truth be told, I'm concerned the lack of food will hinder my performance.

What do you think? Change things up or stick with how I have them for now?

Edit: Also - I was over browsing RPN's forum today and I noticed they had acquired the license to the Lipoderm-Y formula. That is awesome Dsade! Congrats!
    So, basically, we could all be running stacks of Napalm/Lipo-U and maybe a RPN Lipo-Y-based DCP transdermal. That's just my conjecture, but how cool would that be?

***NOW @ NP***
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I've been seeing great progress. The only problems I've had is I've been overtraining my legs, so I have to back off of that a little. Everything else is making great gains. Have you never done fasted training?
  21. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Yes, I have, but it was back when I weighed 180 and my whole workout regimen revolved around remaining lean.

On a more recent cut, I trained with very little carbs and my performance really suffered, even with Glutamine and BCAAs. So I figured if low-carbing it decreases my strength, being fasted probably would do so as well.

***NOW @ NP***
  22. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

After more thought, and sleeping on it, I decided to leave things pretty much as they are for peri-workout nutrition. I have not followed my current protocol long enough for me to fully evaluate its efficacy or short-comings, so I will wait a bit.

***NOW @ NP***
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

That's probably the best way to go. You'll know eventually if it worked for you or not. And, knowing is half the battle.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    That's probably the best way to go. You'll know eventually if it worked for you or not. And, knowing is half the battle.
    GI Joe?
  25. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    GI Joe?
    As a kid, I'd get up super-early every saturday morning to watch that show and eat breakfast with my Dad! It rocked...

***NOW @ NP***
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

My GI Joes had many a war. Some of them were even microwaved, slightly burned, cut, and or amputated. It was all part of the drama. Good times.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Yes, I have, but it was back when I weighed 180 and my whole workout regimen revolved around remaining lean.

On a more recent cut, I trained with very little carbs and my performance really suffered, even with Glutamine and BCAAs. So I figured if low-carbing it decreases my strength, being fasted probably would do so as well.
    FT puts a whole different spin on things...You don't have to have a low-carb diet to train fasted. You have to remember that your glycogen storage is cumulative, not immediate. Your body isn't taking the carbohydrates you just ate and use them for fuel...it takes the carbohydrates you ate three days ago! (I'm roughly throwing numbers out, but you get the point) - I carb up after every workout, and if I wanted to have a high-carb diet, I could...Training fasted is mainly about taking advantage of the high hormone levels and high ability to burn adipose tissue. Roughly 2/3rds of the energy exerted during weight training is from fat, not carbs.
  28. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Thank you, yeah. I do know glycogen is replenished over time. I also understand that you don't have to low-carb to do FT.

I'm just saying that, in my experience, lifting without carbs beforehand equates to a weaker workout. Also, the percentage of lipid oxidation during a lifting session can actually vary, dependant upon the intensity of the lift and the muscle fibers activated.

At this point, I'm gonna stick with what I've got going. If I find I need to change things up, i.e. my fat-loss stalls, I'll bring FT back on the table.

Thanks for the info though, man, and it's because of your log and the progress you made in it on FT that I thought about using it again. You made some good strides.

***NOW @ NP***
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I'm big on getting in my carbs preworkout! Like oatmeal or a granola bar! Intra-aid is all ive been doing during. Post workout is usually whey protein 30min after with a banana immediately following workout! If I'm real hungry I just down some peanut butter after workout! Most recomp comes for me how I deal with my sugars anf not eating many carbs after breakfast!

BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
  30. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Day 10

Oo, bugger, am I beat. I have that totally drained, limited proprioception, "the-world-feels-surreal" kind of fatigue. I'ma post this and hit the hay.

Napalm: I tried exfoliation on my abdomen today prior to an application. Let's just say:

It burned like hell for for several minutes. The sensation was similar to when I applied tiger balm to a pulled hamstring last year and ended up getting some on my crotch - less intense and the Napalm didn't make me well-up, but unpleasant none-the-less.

Needless to say, I'll just be sticking with a shower and good scrubbing before applying.

AM Workout:Strength and F.H. Supersets

4x6
    Front Squats: 275
    Rear Delt Raises: 60

4x6
    DB Bench: 110, 115, 120, 120
    Pronated Cable Rows: 285 w/3sec Ecc

4x7
    DB Lunges: 50lb DBs
    Cable Gironda Curls: 140, 150, 170, 170 w/3sec Ecc

I find front squats more systemically taxing than back squats; I feel greater activation in my abs, arms and anterior by a long shot. These honestly left me pretty drained for everything else, so I subbed in rows for cleans. I did DB bench because all the BB benches were taken.
    I was thrilled when I tried that first set of curls (I uses a straight BB) and had no pain in my hand - I'm healing and I've gotten stronger. The curls, DB bench and Front Squats are all PRs.

PM Workout: "Yes, I do enjoy pain" Supersets, All 4x10

Leg Press: 600, 3setsx690
    DB Rows: 100 lb DBs

Cable Press: 100
    Leg Press Calves: 690 w/5sec Ecc

NG Dec Bench: 215
    Hammer Curls: 75 lb DBs

Dec Bench is up 10lbs, IIRC, and that's the most I've ever leg pressed, so I was stoked. The Rows felt good - just the right amount of weight; had a good stretch at the bottom of each rep and was able to pull cleanly with my back. No "help" from my legs.
    Cable Press was the most difficult for some reason. I don't know why...
    Again, curls stood out for me as a surprise - I did DB curls on Mon for 65x14, so I knew I had to go heavier than that for less reps and a stronger movement, but I didn't expect 75 to be feasible, honestly. I was stoked.

Meals of Note: Some low-carb country fried steak (top sirloin dipped in egg white then rolled in smokehouse almond meal and sauteed) with ranch and broccoli on the side. I'm trying to convince BW to make some of her "healthy Creme Brulee", that's good stuff too, and the recipe is up in that section.

***NOW @ NP***
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Oo, bugger, am I beat. I have that totally drained, limited proprioception, "the-world-feels-surreal" kind of fatigue. I'ma post this and hit the hay.

Napalm: I tried exfoliation on my abdomen today prior to an application. Let's just say:

It burned like hell for for several minutes. The sensation was similar to when I applied tiger balm to a pulled hamstring last year and ended up getting some on my crotch - less intense and the Napalm didn't make me well-up, but unpleasant none-the-less.

Needless to say, I'll just be sticking with a shower and good scrubbing before applying.

AM Workout:Strength and F.H. Supersets

4x6
    Front Squats: 275
    Rear Delt Raises: 60

4x6
    DB Bench: 110, 115, 120, 120
    Pronated Cable Rows: 285 w/3sec Ecc

4x7
    DB Lunges: 50lb DBs
    Cable Gironda Curls: 140, 150, 170, 170 w/3sec Ecc

I find front squats more systemically taxing than back squats; I feel greater activation in my abs, arms and anterior by a long shot. These honestly left me pretty drained for everything else, so I subbed in rows for cleans. I did DB bench because all the BB benches were taken.
    I was thrilled when I tried that first set of curls (I uses a straight BB) and had no pain in my hand - I'm healing and I've gotten stronger. The curls, DB bench and Front Squats are all PRs.

PM Workout: "Yes, I do enjoy pain" Supersets, All 4x10

Leg Press: 600, 3setsx690
    DB Rows: 100 lb DBs

Cable Press: 100
    Leg Press Calves: 690 w/5sec Ecc

NG Dec Bench: 215
    Hammer Curls: 75 lb DBs

Dec Bench is up 10lbs, IIRC, and that's the most I've ever leg pressed, so I was stoked. The Rows felt good - just the right amount of weight; had a good stretch at the bottom of each rep and was able to pull cleanly with my back. No "help" from my legs.
    Cable Press was the most difficult for some reason. I don't know why...
    Again, curls stood out for me as a surprise - I did DB curls on Mon for 65x14, so I knew I had to go heavier than that for less reps and a stronger movement, but I didn't expect 75 to be feasible, honestly. I was stoked.

Meals of Note: Some low-carb country fried steak (top sirloin dipped in egg white then rolled in smokehouse almond meal and sauteed) with ranch and broccoli on the side. I'm trying to convince BW to make some of her "healthy Creme Brulee", that's good stuff too, and the recipe is up in that section.
    LOVE THE WORKOUT!
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Day 11

The cold I was fighting off has returned with a vengeance; yesterday if I was not working, I was sleeping, trying to kick this thing before having to lift today.

I got some fasted cardio in first thing yesterday morning, but BW forbade me from doing my circuits. It was probably for the better.

Napalm: I applied as normal, not a whole lot to report.

I'll update on today's sessions after completing the PM session. In the meantime, I'm recuperating.

***NOW @ NP***
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Rest well my friend. Get yourself some homemade chicken soup.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Get Yoked my friend!
  35. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Days 12 and 13

I've gotten some good rest, but I'm still feeling pretty crappy. No appetite whatsoever, nausea, a piercing headache and exhaustion. However, my spirits are high and I'm gonna just keep resting through tomorrow in the hopes of a healthier Monday.

Napalm: IMO, my abs are looking leaner and more apparent. I look to have at least lost water in the area, and hopefully lost some actual fat too.
    I have not applied my second dose for the day yet, but I will before the evening get too late. Irritation has become a thing of the past and all I notice now is that same, "vaporub" like quality when it's on.

Edit: Also; I'm planning on taking some progress pics tomorrow morning, when water should be low...

Yesterday's Sessions
    AM

5x5
    RDLs: 405, 415, 425, 435, 435
    Behind-the-Neck, Seated Military: 150, 185, 190, 195, 195

5x5 Wide-grip supinated pull-downs: 285 w/3sec ecc
    5x7 Cable Pull-throughs: 150, 160, 170, 180, 180

5x7
    Front Raises: 40
    Reverse Cable Curls: 160, 4x170

I was dead from the get-go; I was just sick and forcing myself. I didn't increase any weights from previous w/os and even did a few things to lower intensity. I felt awful this whole workout.

PM All 4x12

Hamstring Leg Presses: 600
    Incline DB Press: 90

Cross Cable Pulls: 140 per arm
    Leg Press Calves: 600 w/5sec ecc

Overhead Cable Tri Ext: 150
    Cable Unilater Preacher Curls: 70, 70, 80, 80

This workout was performed from sheer willpower. I was shivering despite the clement temperature in the room and kept my sweatshirt on the whole time, which I never do. In result, I sweated much more than normal, which I found somehow helped me feel better. To my astonishment, my curls saw another increase - my arms of late have been growing much stronger. While everything else felt like a 1000lb, those cable curls were nice.

Unless I feel much better by Monday, I plan on reducing workouts to once a day until I am feeling 100%. I am undecided whether I will do some Max Effort training this week, or just some normal full body routines.

***NOW @ NP***
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Hope you feel better, man. Take care of yourself.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

I've gotten some good rest, but I'm still feeling pretty crappy. No appetite whatsoever, nausea, a piercing headache and exhaustion. However, my spirits are high and I'm gonna just keep resting through tomorrow in the hopes of a healthier Monday.

Napalm: IMO, my abs are looking leaner and more apparent. I look to have at least lost water in the area, and hopefully lost some actual fat too.
    I have not applied my second dose for the day yet, but I will before the evening get too late. Irritation has become a thing of the past and all I notice now is that same, "vaporub" like quality when it's on.

Edit: Also; I'm planning on taking some progress pics tomorrow morning, when water should be low...

Yesterday's Sessions
    AM

5x5
    RDLs: 405, 415, 425, 435, 435
    Behind-the-Neck, Seated Military: 150, 185, 190, 195, 195

5x5 Wide-grip supinated pull-downs: 285 w/3sec ecc
    5x7 Cable Pull-throughs: 150, 160, 170, 180, 180

5x7
    Front Raises: 40
    Reverse Cable Curls: 160, 4x170

I was dead from the get-go; I was just sick and forcing myself. I didn't increase any weights from previous w/os and even did a few things to lower intensity. I felt awful this whole workout.

PM All 4x12

Hamstring Leg Presses: 600
    Incline DB Press: 90

Cross Cable Pulls: 140 per arm
    Leg Press Calves: 600 w/5sec ecc

Overhead Cable Tri Ext: 150
    Cable Unilater Preacher Curls: 70, 70, 80, 80

This workout was performed from sheer willpower. I was shivering despite the clement temperature in the room and kept my sweatshirt on the whole time, which I never do. In result, I sweated much more than normal, which I found somehow helped me feel better. To my astonishment, my curls saw another increase - my arms of late have been growing much stronger. While everything else felt like a 1000lb, those cable curls were nice.

Unless I feel much better by Monday, I plan on reducing workouts to once a day until I am feeling 100%. I am undecided whether I will do some Max Effort training this week, or just some normal full body routines.
    You absolutely have lost fat in your abs! I can tell.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Pull back and gather some strength....recuperate first and then get back on it!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Pull back and gather some strength....recuperate first and then get back on it!!
    That's the plan, I'm gonna take things rrrreeeaaalll easy for a while...

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I am in a similar hold pattern myself(back spasms), so I know how you feel. It will improve and we will come back with even more ambition!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons