1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Day 2

Oh, I'm tired, but feelin' good too. My second workout always seems to give me an intense feeling of relaxation and satisfaction. I've mentioned it in my logs before, but it's still a great feeling.

Napalm: 3 Pumps post-workout both AM and PM, following showers as usual. The new pump works much better than the old - it doesn't stick in the down position, and the lock is a great feature for traveling. I can chuck it in my gym bag and don't have to worry about it leaking.

AM Workout:Supersets (AKA I Punish Myself)

4x6
    RDLs: 425, 445, 445x5, 445
    Behind the Neck Standing Military: 185

4x6
    Weighted Chin-Ups: BW+75
    Cable Pull-Throughs: 140 w/4sec Ecc

4x7
    Machine Preacher Curls: 150 w/3sec Ecc
    Lateral Raises: 40

Both the RDLs and the Military are PRs. I just about blew my appendix out my colon with the deads, though - I've been doing sets of 3 with 455, so 445x6 is a big step. I psyched myself out a little bit on the third set, and so only got 5 reps, but I recovered and made my last set my best and strongest. So much of lifting is mental.
    My back was so shot that I had to back off a little bit on Chins; I've been doing 6 reps with 90, IIRC. Still, 75 felt like more than enough following those RDLs.
    This was honestly the first workout in a long time that I was less than happy with. However, it wasn't my peformance that was bad, it was just how crowded the gym was - there were people everywhere! And everything I needed was constantly in use. So I ended having to wait for equipment, which slowed the workout and generally made me irritable.

PM Workout: More Supersets (Surprise!)
    All 4x10

Hamstring Leg Presses: 600
    Incline DB Press: 95lb DBs

Cross-Cable Pulls: 140lb per arm, 3sec Ecc
    BB Calves off a block: 405, 5sec hold at stretch point

Overhead Cable Triceps Extensions: 140 w/4sec Ecc
    Reverse Cable Curls: 150 w/4sec Ecc

I had originally intended to do Good Mornings instead of Leg Presses, but my lower back said otherwise. Still those leg presses really nailed my hamstrings - better than GMs ever have, honestly. I think I'll stick with them for now.
    Cross-Cable Pulls are a movement of my own creation. I'm sure somebody else has come up with them and that there is a real name, but I don't know it. Think cable uncrossovers, but kneeling and pulling the cables downward and apart, as if doing a lat-pull. I rotate my hands too, going from pronated to supinated, so I really feel the stretch all over my back and arms.
    None of the curling or pulling movements hurt my hand today, so that's a definite plus!

Meals of Note:
    Well, I'm about to enjoy a nice, broiled top sirloin! I've been craving steak, so here it comes. Some tenderizer, some sea salt, broiled on high for about 8mins - oh yeah. Veggies all around the steak in the pan, to broil along with it and soak up the juices: carrots and onions.
    Also had some baked sweet potatoes this morning, topped with a little stevia and just a bit of cinnamon and butter. So freaking good.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Oh, also, how crazy is the idea of an Amino Acid Fast?

I was just thinking that a fairly copious amount of EAA and BCAA taken over a 24hr period of fasting might offset most of the proteolysis that could occur.

I'm not planning on doing this, at least without a lot more research, but I thought it was an interesting idea.

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

How many calories would you be able to get in with only aminos?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Calories would be pretty negligible. The BCAAs could theoretically counter the upregulation of proteolysis in a fasted state, and EAAs would supply for protein synthesis.

But, as I said, it's a pretty crazy idea and I'm far from convinced that it would be beneficial. It's just a loose hypothesis.

***NOW @ NP***
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%

Sigh, seeing this log progress makes me realize how much further I need to come.

On a seperate note, what is your view on Pecans. Not as healthy as a Walnut/Almond?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Your shoulders are lookin good in your pics bro. You are already showing more definition than in your previous thread. you're really doin good man.
    Don't know if you guys like pistacio's but that's my favorite! then i would say peanuts and almonds.

GOOD MORNING AND HAVE A GREAT DAY RESOLVE!
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%

Heck yes I like Pistachio's!!!!
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

If I recall correctly, there is a mnemonic for which nuts have the best nutritional profile: "PAW" - Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts.
    At least, I think the "P" is pecan, so they'd be a good addition to a healthy diet.

I like pistachios - especially in the form of ice cream!
    But I haven't a sweet like that in a couples of months now...

***NOW @ NP***
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Day 3

Well, aren't things lively around here?

heh, gotta love the new smileys...

Anyways, I woke up feeling just drained this morning and have felt as such all day. I have had zero appetite, which is incredibly unlike me, so I might just be fighting off an illness. I've forced down my meals all day, been drinking tea and taking some extra vitamins - I am determined to not let myself succumb.

To help my resistance/recuperation I took today as an off day - with no cardio as I would have normally done. I decided to rest for the most part and let my body fight off whatever nasty little microbe I may have contracted.

Napalm: You know the deal by now - twice a day, 3pumps after a shower. It seems to be making the skin to which it is applied somewhat more heat-sensitive. It was about 80 degrees here in SoCal today, and even with a shirt on, I was extremely aware of the "Napalm'd" area; it felt hotter than the rest of me.

Meals, because I like food and don't want to starve: French Onion Soup with extra grilled onions, Swiss Cheese and shaved Top Sirloin! Also picked up some chili makings and avocados, which I use to make one of my favorite salad dressings.
    Visited my in-laws today and had a spinach grilled-chicken salad with ranch dressing made with yogurt and cottage cheese of all things, and it was quite good.

Had a great time over there; BW is the oldest of 7 children and the rest all live at home, so visiting is quite a lot of fun for me, as I get to play the big brother to all of them. I played Call of Duty with the older boys and then wrestled and played trucks with the younger kids.
    The youngest is 18mo and just learning to talk, but his favorite word is "Butt." He just walks up to people, pinches a cheek and yells it. I was cracking up.

***NOW @ NP***
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post

heh, gotta love the new smileys...

Anyways, I woke up feeling just drained this morning and have felt as such all day. I have had zero appetite, which is incredibly unlike me, so I might just be fighting off an illness. I've forced down my meals all day, been drinking tea and taking some extra vitamins - I am determined to not let myself succumb.

To help my resistance/recuperation I took today as an off day - with no cardio as I would have normally done. I decided to rest for the most part and let my body fight off whatever nasty little microbe I may have contracted.

Napalm: You know the deal by now - twice a day, 3pumps after a shower. It seems to be making the skin to which it is applied somewhat more heat-sensitive. It was about 80 degrees here in SoCal today, and even with a shirt on, I was extremely aware of the "Napalm'd" area; it felt hotter than the rest of me.

Meals, because I like food and don't want to starve: French Onion Soup with extra grilled onions, Swiss Cheese and shaved Top Sirloin! Also picked up some chili makings and avocados, which I use to make one of my favorite salad dressings.
    Visited my in-laws today and had a spinach grilled-chicken salad with ranch dressing made with yogurt and cottage cheese of all things, and it was quite good.

Had a great time over there; BW is the oldest of 7 children and the rest all live at home, so visiting is quite a lot of fun for me, as I get to play the big brother to all of them. I played Call of Duty with the older boys and then wrestled and played trucks with the younger kids.
    The youngest is 18mo and just learning to talk, but his favorite word is "Butt." He just walks up to people, pinches a cheek and yells it. I was cracking up.
    Oh, I've been intently following a long buddy . I've been taking plenty of notes to compile all the useful information for my log, seeing as how I see such similiarities in you. Granted, Im no where near as strong as you, I have worked hard for the muscle I do have, and I do not want to sacrifice any of my strength gains in the gym while cutting. I am also super carb sensitive like you, and every attempt at cutting Ive had, Ive failed by losing too much fat AND muscle both. Thats why Im paying close attention to the meals and eating habits. Keep up the good work buddy!
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Napalm is of interest to me. I'll be looking forward to your progress
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Still here R...just absorbing the info.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  13. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

I lost way too much muscle the last time I cut too, Christian; like 10lb of LBM or something. I am being much more conservative with my calories and carbs and, well, so far so good.

I'm glad people are still reading along - this is definitely the sort of log where we have to wait to see progress. I think it will be worth the wait.

I hate to admit it, but I have a bit of a cold. Energy and strength are just not what they normally are - I'll be doing nothing but resting between now and my evening session. Gotta kick this bug outta my system, because I won't stand for it hindering my progress!

***NOW @ NP***
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I lost way too much muscle the last time I cut too, Christian; like 10lb of LBM or something. I am being much more conservative with my calories and carbs and, well, so far so good.

I'm glad people are still reading along - this is definitely the sort of log where we have to wait to see progress. I think it will be worth the wait.

I hate to admit it, but I have a bit of a cold. Energy and strength are just not what they normally are - I'll be doing nothing but resting between now and my evening session. Gotta kick this bug outta my system, because I won't stand for it hindering my progress!
    Apart from the usual Vitamin C and Echinacea, I found Airborne to be extremely effective in battling creeping colds. My girlfriend is a 4th grade teacher at a Christan Elementary, so she catches kids bugs on a weekly basis. She recommended Airborne to me and wow, its worked out great.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Goodluck, I'll join the bandwagon
  16. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Apart from the usual Vitamin C and Echinacea, I found Airborne to be extremely effective in battling creeping colds. My girlfriend is a 4th grade teacher at a Christan Elementary, so she catches kids bugs on a weekly basis. She recommended Airborne to me and wow, its worked out great.
    I don't have any on hand right now, but I do agree; Airborne works well as a boost for the immune system. For now, I'll just powerhouse the VitC periodically, have a few extra doses of Essentials, and a good nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Goodluck, I'll join the bandwagon
    Welcome buddy!

and now, some gratuitous emoticons that I find amusing:
    - A classic; what man doesn't like the stooges?
    - Indiana Jones Smiley
    - This is me in real life, you guys just don't know it.
    - This is BW in real life, though she won't admit it
    - The biggest emoticon ever...

***NOW @ NP***
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%

The Airborne is great for preventing, not much if you already have one. Eating and resting to build up you strength to fight back. Light w/o to get a sweat going but not enough to beat yourself up. Sorry to hear it R.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    The Airborne is great for preventing, not much if you already have one. Eating and resting to build up you strength to fight back. Light w/o to get a sweat going but not enough to beat yourself up. Sorry to hear it R.
    Agreed, prevention, rather then therapeutic
    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%

:bukkake:
    I still cannot believe this is an emoticon.

You have so many good food ideas! I never thought of making ranch like that. Tell me more...tell me more!
  20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    :bukkake:
    I still cannot believe this is an emoticon.

You have so many good food ideas! I never thought of making ranch like that. Tell me more...tell me more!
    WTF?! I missed that one somehow, and I'm glad I did!

Yeah, the ranch was really good. I still gotta get around to making my avocado dressing, that's even better:

1 peeled and pitted avocado
    1/4 of a lime
    A sprig of Cilatro
    1/2 clove of Garlic (either raw or sauteed)
    2Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream or Half and Half
    Dash of Water

Blend it all together and add water until it gets to your desired consistency. It's awesome - like a quacamole cream sauce!

***NOW @ NP***
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%

I'm here a bit late, but I'm subbed.

So many great emoticons, but I luv's me some izza:
    Last edited by carib102; 01-16-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: can't type...doh!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%

Always wondered about Napalm...I'm in
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%

You stink!!!
    It was -15 today. It hurt to go outside.
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Day 5

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    You stink!!!
    It was -15 today. It hurt to go outside.
    -15?! Where do you live?

And to all you newcomers

Today was a high carb day, my only in the week. That simply means a 25% increase in CHO in any meal that contains them. For instance, breakfast usually contains about 50g, but today I had approx 63g. The increase in calories is just to help prevent my body from adapting to any given caloric amount and restore hormone levels that may have down-regulated over the week of being on a deficit, albeit a slight one.

Also, I am feeling AMAZINGLY better after tonight's workout! Honestly, I am feeling 100% better than I did this morning. I always feel good after my night sessions, but geez, this is certainly a precedent.

Part of my NP order arrived today. Dsade, you should be happy to know that among it there was a bottle of DCP, which I plan to run after finishing this log. We'll see if I can make it that long without busting into it.
    As for the other items that arrived, I'll be giving a full update on my supplementation tomorrow.

Napalm: Same protocol. Noticed slight irritation around my navel, probably due to shaving the area this morning immediately prior to my first application. I continue to be able to "feel" the Napalm on me, similar to sensation that Vix Vaporub produces when applied to the chest and neck - scent is even slight similar, though lacking in the eucalyptol, of course. Must be the alcohol in the carrier.

AM Workout: Squats!!! :Woohoo:

5x5
    Squats: 345
    Supinated Cable Rows: 285 w/3sec ecc

5x5 Dips: BW+105
    5x7 Unilateral Leg Ext.: 120 w/4sec ecc

5x5
    Hammer Preacher Curls: 60lb DBs
    DB Flies: 60lb DBs

This was tough - I wasn't feeling well; I had no energy and just wanted to go back to sleep honestly. But when I intend to lift, I lift, and it takes more than fatigue to keep me from hittin' it hard. I pushed myself and despite my lack of vim, I was pleased. Squats were great, I hit ATG on practically every rep; there were a couple that only made it to parallel, but they were in the first two sets, when I was less warmed up.
    Rows are getting easier and easier; I don't know what I'm gonna do once I move up to 300lb, that's the whole stack! Start doing BB Rows on a bench, I suppose, to increase my range of motion to be comparable to the cable.
    Dips were hard, but the other 3movements were great, definitely will be increasing weight there.

PM Workout: All Supersets 4x12

Single Leg Squats a la AZMIDLYF: 20lb DBs
    Decline Cable Press: 110lb Per Arm

DB Pullovers: 115lb DB
    Donkey Calf Raises: 335 w/5sec Ecc

Unilateral Cable Preacher Curls: 60, 70, 70, 70 w/3sec Ecc
    Cable Skull Crushers: 100 w/3sec Ecc

Um...BW is singing a song about pizza right now... and kind of scaring me. Anyways, DB pullovers required a bit of psyching up, but I found myself more than able for every other lift, which is encouraging as each movement was increased in weight by an average of 10lbs.
    Also, the last superset of Curls/Skull was turned into a triple dropset with mid-range partials. It's the last workout of the week, I thought I go out with a bang!

Meals of Note: Low-Carb, Cauliflower Crust Pizza topped with Mushroom, Bell Pepper and Lean Turkey Sausage. Oh man, it's like a cheat it's so good. I believe I've posted the recipe somewhere on here... I'll put it up again if anyone is interested.

***NOW @ NP***
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

That pizza sounds delicious! Seriously I'm fixin to cut cals and I would love to know the recipe!

BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%

Way to finish the week strong R. I want to know the pizza song. Look forward to your use of DCP. I have been curious about it for awhile now.
  27. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

AZ - your Avatar is great! That skit is hilarious and Jim Carrey is ridiculously creepy in it.

Here's the pizza recipe.
    1/2 head of steamed Cauliflower, Grated
    1 1/4 C Shredded Part-Skim or Fat-Free Mozzarella Cheese
    1 Egg
    1/2 C Tomato Sauce
    Basil
    Oregano
    Thyme
    Toppings of Choice

Steam the Cauliflower, allow to cool, then grate it into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
    Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.

To the bowl of Cauliflower, add the egg and about half of the shredded cheese.
    Mix and knead this "dough" by hand until thoroughly blended.
    On a well-sprayed cookie sheet (this recipe won't work for a deep-dish pizza), spread the dough until it is approximately 1/4-1/2inch thick, with a slightly thicker crust around the edges.
    Bake the crust for 20mins at 450degrees or until top is somewhat browned and feels firm to the touch.
    Remove from oven, cover crust with tomato sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, the remaining cheese and desired toppings (our favorites are thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, whole basil leaves and turkey kielbasa).
    Set oven to Broil on High. Broil pizza for 3-5mins or until the toppings are cooked
    Depending on your oven, it may take a little playing with the cooking times and amount of cheese you use to get this one perfect; but this recipe is a real treat when you get it right! We enjoy on average once a week.

The pizza song? Well, that was BW goofing off, so it was something like, "Pizza is my friend, and I'm not gonna share, 'cuz you're a big hairy man." She's real encouraging like that.

***NOW @ NP***
  28. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Avoid the navel for the next couple of days. Once in a while the Napalm can cause a slight skin reaction which, if left alone, clears and has never returned.

Also might want to pick up a good moisturizer.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for the recipe resolve! I must spread more before showin more love...

BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I like Pizza! And you are hairy...
  31. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Avoid the navel for the next couple of days. Once in a while the Napalm can cause a slight skin reaction which, if left alone, clears and has never returned.

Also might want to pick up a good moisturizer.
    Will do. Got some BoBu - ought to fit the bill perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
    Thanks for the recipe resolve! I must spread more before showin more love...
    No prob, bro. Glad I could help.

***NOW @ NP***
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Supplementation Changes and Update

With the ar***** of most of my NP order, I can finally implement the supplementation I had planned for this log fully.

Forskolin is increased from 90mg per day to 120mg; starting today, in 30mg doses

EGCG will remain the same: 700mg twice daily

5g Leucine will be added to Meals 1, 3, 4 and 6. I have read about this protocol several times and, knowing the efficacy of BCAAs taken throughout the day, thought this would be worth trying.

My Pre/Intra-Workout Shakes will contain 4:1:1 BCAAs rather than 2:1:1. They will also be the only shakes that contain CHO (Post-Wo will simply be ~50g Whey Isolate). This is Dsade's idea, and having thought it over; it makes a lot of sense. Insulin will already be high from the intra-workout shake, protein synthesis will already have been ellicited as well, so no further spike should be necessary and only more protein needed to continue fueling recovery. Thanks Dsade!

Also, to those shakes I will be adding GlycerGrow, so that my Pre/Intra Nutrition now looks like:

AM:
    5 Neovar
    90g CHO
    1scoop Purple Wraath
    3scoops GlycerGrow
    1scoop Essentials
    15g EAA
    25g 4:1:1 BCAA
    3g VitC

PM:
    5 Neovar
    1scoop Assault
    3scoops GlycerGrow
    1scoop Essentials
    20g EAA
    25g 4:1:1 BCAA
    3g VitC
    120g CHO

I also have the DCP, which I will be running at 8-10 per day, but don't plan on starting that yet; unless you all think it would make a suitable addition to this log.

Pre-Bed I will continue using Bullet Proof on training days, and ZMA on off days.

***NOW @ NP***
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%

R, you have the 90g cho in the PM. Typo?
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%

Oh man that pizza recipe sounds so delicious. Gotta try that 'cause like I said before I luv's me some pizza and being able to have it more often will be a real treat.

Regarding the DCP, why not throw it in and see where it takes you? I have 2 bottles myself that I'm itchin' to crack open, but am waiting until the right time (which will be about 5-6 weeks from now )
  35. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

The DCP works great with napalm...helping to both speed mobilization and elimination through burning, while the napalm will direct the majority of the release from abdominal area.

Mozilla/4.0 Sprint:MotoQ (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220)
  36. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    R, you have the 90g cho in the PM. Typo?
    Thank you yes, I'll actually be using ~120g in the PM. That session is higher volume than the AM session, so theoretically it should require more CHO.

I'm sure the DCP will stack well with the Napalm; I'd been wanting to run both simultaneously, but thought it might cloud my results. However, we have kind of gone over that same thing with the Forsk. and EGCG.

Tell ya what, if it's cool with Avant, I'll start it Monday.

***NOW @ NP***
  37. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Days 6 & 7

Last night (Day 6), I went to a friend's wedding party. He got married New Year's Eve, but it was in Iowa, so a bunch of his pals out here in Ca didn't get to attend. Well last night we made up for it, and got to meet his new bride as well.

He's a PhD candidate in Mathematics and, well, she's a perfect match for him, that's for sure. I swear, their kids someday are gonna be named Schrodinger and Fibonacci.

Anyways, I was there until pretty late and so wasn't able to update.

Today, nothing much is happening. I'll get some cardio in a little later on, but otherwise relax and ready myself for the coming week.

Napalm: Yesterday's second application was much later than usual - about 11pm. I went to bed shortly thereafter, but slept on my back, with my stomach uncovered, so as not to rub the Napalm off.
    Today's first application was shortly ago, after my morning shower. Irritation has ceased, and definition appears somewhat improved; whether this is a drop in water or fat though remains to be determined.

I am continuing to ponder the validity of my new peri-workout nutrition, specifically the amount of carbs. I based this off of the volume of each workout, i.e. higher volume = more CHO, but I'm wondering if my amounts are excessive for my current recomp goals.
    Any input or opinions on this?

***NOW @ NP***
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%

Yeah, the ranch was really good. I still gotta get around to making my avocado dressing, that's even better:

1 peeled and pitted avocado
    1/4 of a lime
    A sprig of Cilatro
    1/2 clove of Garlic (either raw or sauteed)
    2Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream or Half and Half
    Dash of Water

Blend it all together and add water until it gets to your desired consistency. It's awesome - like a quacamole cream sauce!

Bravo!! I just made that avacado salad dressing for a nice grilled chicken salad with some walnuts and a few sprinkles of blue cheese. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%

Glad you liked it man! It's one of my faves

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%

Feed me more ideas!!!!
    Ughhhhhhhh, I just got done shoveling snow off my driveway for the past 2 hours. Im sure that didn't help me get over this bug that I've somehow come down with. I think I may have picked up something from the gym on Thursday.

It's been one thing after another lately!!!
    Last edited by mrchristian; 01-18-2009 at 04:46 PM.