BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER: Snag's Recipe for a [NATURAL] Recomp, Competition Style!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"People think they can look like me if they take a pill.. c'mon, you gotta be smarter than that." - Christian Boeving (former supplement company spokesman) in 'Bigger, Stronger, Faster'

Hmm. How depressing is that statement. You mean to tell me I can't really look like this guy if I just pound the Hydroxycut? Alas, my illusions have been shattered..

Not knocking Boeving here, he's an acomplished fella, great physique, and looks like a decent dude. What I do have a beef with is the climate of the suppplement industry, the misleading by certain companies, the false advertising and claims that run rampant in our society. And as for the film 'Bigger, Stronger, Faster' - I actually liked it, and honestly it did change my opinions somewhat on steroid use in America. There seemed to be an underlying message tho: not the ethics/morals involved in whether to use/not use, but the fact that a great number of people claim to get 'x' results utilizing 'y' protocol.. all the while keeping the 'z' factor quiet or even denying its' existence. That's always bothered me.

So.. I need to be 'smarter than that' as Boeving says.. Well then let's get scientific as hell, bring some parameters into play - training/nutrition/supplementation - that can be identified for what they are, and create a schematic that can be duplicated by anyone, with no 'z-factor' hidden in the background clouding the results. That is is my goal for this log. I want to see how smart I can be!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Current Climate of Things

This log will be like a slowly developing storm {the BIGGER} that hopefully, by it's conclusion, will be wreaking some havoc with serious gale-force {the FASTER} winds of demolishing {the STRONGER} destruction!

(also, I wanted to tweak the title of the thread a bit so as not to infringe on copyright issues..) :rolleyes:

Here's the situation physically at the current time: Partly cloudy with a chance of rain.. I will be coming back from the double-whammy of some knee/tendon issues that have been recurring the last few months, but now seem to be subsided; as well as a stomach virus that knocked my ass down for 3 days last week (during 2 of which I could eat practically nothing), lingered into the weekend and is now gone - but dropped 10 lbs. of bodyweight off me. Weight upon rising this morning was 186 (ugggh), down from my off-season bulking peak of 207 just 6 short weeks ago.. first time I've been sick in over 3 years, so I guess I can't complain.

The joint issues I've been experiencing on & off are always eliminated (for me) by mega-dosing SuperCissusRx; this time is no different. I'm currently dosing 2 caps, 10 minutes prior to every meal (so 6x daily). I will eventually drop this to 1 cap prior to every meal, and then to maintenance levels. I should mention this is not a sponsored log; I'm a USP athlete, so of course my base will always be some of these products. That's just a given. All the other supps I have purchased myself (even additional quantities of SuperCissus, which I need to run at my preferred dosage) -- altho I do have to add that I've got a source that allows me to get ridiculous deals on these items, which makes it very attractive to me to try some new things.

Other supps in the mix:

USPlabs:
Jacked (3 scoops prior to training)
Prime (3 caps @ 3x daily)
Recreate (2 caps prior to w/o, 1 mid-afternoon, going to 2 eventually)
PowerFULL (3 caps prior to training, 3 caps @ bedtime, SAT & SUN off)
AP & Pslin (either one of these with virtually every meal)
SuperCissusRx (format listed above)

NXLabs
Plasmavol (2 TBS prior to training, stacked w/ Jacked)
*This is a new item for me; the whole Mannitol/Glycerol thing intrigues me.

MRI:
Anabolic Switch (3 scoops immediately following training)
NO2 Black (4 tabs upon rising, 4 tabs mid-day)
ProNOS
ProGainer

Diesel Nutrition:
Diesel Test Hardcore (1 tab 3x daily to start, increasing to 2 tabs 3x daily)
*This is a new item for me, excited to see the synergy this produces when combined with Prime!

Beverly International:
Super Pak (w/ breakfast)
Ultra Size (one of THE best protein complexes in the world imo)
Ultra 40 Liver Tabs (a staple for me; 4 tabs/meal)

CytoSport
MonsterMilk

Optimum Nutrition
NitroCore 24

And some staples..
Udo's Oil
Fish Oil
EVOO
CoQ10
Leucine/BCAA's
Beta-Alanine
Ashwagandha

1000mg addt'l vit C
400 iu vit E

thinking of possibly adding Posiedon.. but I'm not decisive here

DIETARY CONSIDERATIONS:
I had originally planned to outline the diet to a T here, but decided against this, reason being: #1) since I'm front-loading the program with heavy carbs to fill back up, and will be declining from there, this will be a constantly changing parameter; and #2) because of #1, I will have more flexibility at the beginning to utilize quite a bit of different food sources at the beginning, so no two days will be the same. However, suffice it to say that starting off, I'll be consuming anywhere from 3200-3500 cals daily, spread over 6 meals, with a C/P/F macro breakdown of 50/30/20. So on my higher cal days, I'll be consuming @450g carbs, 275g protein, 60g fat from food & dietary oils.. I'll make notations along the way as this changes. I'll also hi-lite certain meals, maybe throw some recipes out, and I'm sure I'll roll out a few pictorials of my delicacies! :p

TRAINING PROTOCOL
After mulling this over, I've decided to go with my standard comp training style, utilizing a 3-day split, with the first 3 days heavier with 90-120 second rests; the next 3 days will utilize some different exercises and be more timing-focused, rest periods being 45-75 seconds. As this evolves, I'll add some supersets, trisets, and some double-doubles toward the end of the program, shaving the rest periods down, getting the finishing touches on my slicing & dicing. There will not be much cardio in this schematic - I intend to do the majority of the work thru dietary manipulation. I am not a big fan of cardio..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
These are the horrible pics I'm scared to post. I wasn't kidding when I said that virus knocked my ass out. The good thing is, now that I'm functioning normally again there will be rapid progress. So the first goal is to fill out again with higher carb days at the front of the program, keeping things clean tho, and then shift things around to promote some slicing.
I seem to have weathered the virus storm better in my legs better than my upper body, which is quite surprising to me.
In any event, we got some work to do.. (and not to worry - I'll lose the gorilla body hair sometime soon so you can get an accurate reading of progress. I usually shave every New Year anyway - sort of an 'out with the old, in with the new' psychological thing with me.)

Attachments

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub-a-dub-a-ding-dong!! I'm hammer-deep up in dis beeyatch!! :hammer: :head:

I have pen and paper handy.....and WILL be taking notes!!! :study:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah! In!

Damn, I'm pumped! Haven't seen a Snaggle log in a long ass time.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snaggin' any tips I can with this one...gettin' ripped legally!!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome!
I've been wondering when the Swollen One was going to run another log.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the link bro. I'm thinking about breaking my natural rules when my elbow gets better, that personal decision will be made. IM in none the less .

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snag Priest at it again! Move sh2t brosef! See what I did there mixed bro and joseph in to one word.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You better believe I'm in on this one... I may not compete this year or ever again but will keep my fingers on the pulse. I am sure I will pick up some usefull tips even if I don't ever compete again.

That's the beauty of this sport you never stop learning, or you shouldn't.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am in for this one :cool:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, what an awesome collection of talent rolling into this thread.. I feel like I'm on the field with the N.Y. Yankees or something - an All-Star in every post!

:welcome: Welcome to the fray one & all! I'm hoping to have some feedback and opinions from all you guys, feel free to share. If you see an area you think I could do better in, don't be bashful. Remember, I'm trying to 'get smarter than that' here..

And maybe I can pass on a trick or two as well. Bottom line, let's have some fun, get motivated & intense, and burn some shit up in heah!@!@! :head:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Snag, I am looking forward to hearing/seeing and learning from you, man. Your training and diet tips will be very beneficial for us all.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gracios Lungz.. all right, Thundergod tells me he's bringing the unbuttered, salt-free popcorn to the theatre, I'm sure you'll bring the ladies with you (as you always do bro ;)).. I'll fix up a few main course dishes along the way.. let's get this party cracking!

:djparty:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, this looks like a log thats out of the ordinary, and anything to do with scientific, im all ears, this should be great, good idea snags, cant wait to see how this turns out, Russian

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed. :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great intro there Snag. I like the liver tabs idea; I was thinking about picking them up at $11/500, the price jump made me hold back but I think it might go in with my Christmas gift.

Just covering the basics, but do you take any additional Vitamin C, CoQ10, Vit D etc? I think your mega-dosing of cissus should help with cortisol control, but I've picked up some Endoamp (PP's Phosphatidylserine mix) and will be using that; also considering some TD 7-keto if I can find the bulk powder; was just 7-OH available for a while.

Interested to hear how you will be dosing the Leucine; there has been alot of fascinating research done in this is the past few years. Glad to hear you're feeling better; the stress of school/exams got me sick TWICE during the end Nov/early Dec, after a sick-free year+.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Your supplement stack looks pretty official man... I think we talked about Nitrocore before - I really like the profile of that ON blend. Taste is PRETTY good too for the Chocolate one that I had - Monster Milk is also great, just not nearly as economical.

Supercissus is just gravy. I wish I could run that perpetually - but it is semi-cost prohibitive at the dose I like (2 caps @ first and last meals)... I just go pick up more when my shoulder gets to an annoying level of pain.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
IN ! And DAMN, you're back with a vengeance !!!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm in !! :cheers:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great intro there Snag. I like the liver tabs idea; I was thinking about picking them up at $11/500, the price jump made me hold back but I think it might go in with my Christmas gift.
11 bones for 500? What kind are these? Wish I could get Bev's for that price. They are one of my indulgences - nobody gets good deals on them things, but I consider them mandatory.

Just covering the basics, but do you take any additional Vitamin C, CoQ10, Vit D etc?
Of course.. the supps are still under construction, that'll be fixed here shortly.

Interested to hear how you will be dosing the Leucine; there has been alot of fascinating research done in this is the past few years.
Yeah, I'm interested to hear how I'm gonna do that too! :rolleyes: I've only utilized BCAA's & EAA's before, not leucine specifically, but I have some idea of what I'll be doing with it. Yes, word on the street has it this stuff is pretty good in large quantities! ;)

Glad to hear you're feeling better; the stress of school/exams got me sick TWICE during the end Nov/early Dec, after a sick-free year+.
Thanx! Sux to be sick for sure. That stuff just smoked me like a Tyson-in-his-heyday right hook, left me all deflated & anemic looking. In fact, I'm scared to post a pic..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your supplement stack looks pretty official man... I think we talked about Nitrocore before - I really like the profile of that ON blend. Taste is PRETTY good too for the Chocolate one that I had - Monster Milk is also great, just not nearly as economical.

Supercissus is just gravy. I wish I could run that perpetually - but it is semi-cost prohibitive at the dose I like (2 caps @ first and last meals)... I just go pick up more when my shoulder gets to an annoying level of pain.
Yeah the NitroCore is a good blend I think.. but it's really down the list on my favs. I like Ultra Size, ProNOS, MonsterMilk all better, but it's versatile and I like it's profile. Now, you have to understand that cost is not a factor for me, as I get all of them pretty reasonably.

Know what you mean about SuperCissus. Man I can never get enough of that stuff. Everytime I try to wean off it to save a couple bucks, I end of tweaking something, somehow.. I might try a maintenance mode of 6/day with these after my mega-dosing.. I know they sure do the trick for me.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IN ! And DAMN, you're back with a vengeance !!!
Hahahaaa.. yeah from cycled off damn near everything, to this.. oooohh but it's gonna be fun!

You know, there's some things - like the NO2 Black - that are fluff; I don't necessarily buy into the whole nitric oxide thing, it's definitely not a requirement, but it came in a box set of stuff I purchased and was practically free, so I mean wth? :shrug: Anyways, I love the physical feeling of the pump! Which, I think this Plasmavol will deliver btw. I've always had tremendous pump results slamming glycerol, and the whole drawing water into the muscle thing (and thus nutrients as well) intrigues me.

I'm motivated bro! Rested, recovered, & recharged!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not touched a supplement in 6 weeks as well. It was difficult having to reduce my CHO intake with no P-Slin/AP, but I should be PRIME'd (cheesy, I know) for a run now!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have not touched a supplement in 6 weeks as well. It was difficult having to reduce my CHO intake with no P-Slin/AP, but I should be PRIME'd (cheesy, I know) for a run now!
Really, you cycled off those? Why?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had been taking them since October '07. :eek:
Hmm.. I didn't think you ever had to cycle off them.. been using AP since November '07 myself. Pslin only since February tho. The only things I haven't cycled.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was more of a choice than a necessity. I had stopped taking everything [even Creatine/BCAAs], and decided to include AP/P-Slin for the first time! I will say that not using any stimulants [had stopped the in the summer], Creatine and so forth did not lessen the intensity as much as I had thought! However, these were things that I did notice:

a) Lessened endurance
b) Lessened pump and vascularity
c) Predisposition to adipose gain
d) A feeling of bloat when consuming >60g CHO in one sitting
e) Severely attenuated recovery ability

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Not sure how I came so late... (no homo)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It was more of a choice than a necessity. I had stopped taking everything [even Creatine/BCAAs], and decided to include AP/P-Slin for the first time! I will say that not using any stimulants [had stopped the in the summer], Creatine and so forth did not lessen the intensity as much as I had thought! However, these were things that I did notice:

a) Lessened endurance
b) Lessened pump and vascularity
c) Predisposition to adipose gain
d) A feeling of bloat when consuming >60g CHO in one sitting
e) Severely attenuated recovery ability
That sucks.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Mullet - how about a bulk SuperCissus discount for those of us who want to use it perpetually until death?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sucks.
That was more or less comparatively to the effects [I would say supraphysiological] that I was noticing prior. I had my supplementation timing very well tuned and was training like Superman. I had to train mortally for a bit to appreciate my stack [not all USP] again.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet - how about a bulk SuperCissus discount for those of us who want to use it perpetually until death?
Hah! I hear that quite a bit, actually. Cissus is one of those 'don't know what ya got till' it's gone' supplements. The price is quite fair now, but maybe I can convince J to lower it!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hah! I hear that quite a bit, actually. Cissus is one of those 'don't know what ya got till' it's gone' supplements. The price is quite fair now, but maybe I can convince J to lower it!
Yeah, I've been buying at retail unfortunately the last two times. Just got aggrivated and needed the quick relief. If I ever see a sale on that - I'm going to pounce on 3 to 6 months worth.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I've been buying at retail unfortunately the last two times. Just got aggrivated and needed the quick relief. If I ever see a sale on that - I'm going to pounce on 3 to 6 months worth.
Retail?! As in GNC/VS retail?!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, powerfull stack I am in:thumbsup:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Honestly though... SuperCissus - no joke - is the ONLY supplement I can think of off the top of my head that does what its supposed to in less than 3 days - and just like Snagglicious said - its one of the only supplements that you miss as soon as its gone.

Its like that one chick that wasn't too cute, but could suck the color out of a marble... It was fun to dump her... you saved a few dollars... but life just isn't the same.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly though... SuperCissus - no joke - is the ONLY supplement I can think of off the top of my head that does what its supposed to in less than 3 days - and just like Snagglicious said - its one of the only supplements that you miss as soon as its gone.

Its like that one chick that wasn't too cute, but could suck the color out of a marble... It was fun to dump her... you saved a few dollars... but life just isn't the same.
Yes....something like that.....I suppose?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yes....something like that.....I suppose?
Mullet - let me put it in context closer to your heart... It's like someone making you eat your pancakes with that Mrs. Buttersworth crap you find in the grocery store.