Are your balls Diesel? Diesel Test Hardcore/Sunami libido/strength Log.

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,288
    Rep Power
    15977
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    36.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thanks guys. Chuck, will ready4war stack with dth, dt2010, and sunami as well as jp8?

  2. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    JP8 gives you crazy focus, then the endurance kicks in. Just read around, and yes, I feel as do others that it stacks very well with DTH. I haven't used anything yet that has given me that laser-like focus.
    the funny thing is I see all these post over at AM with people saying "oh I get better results from superpump."
  3. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1620
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    79.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I've tried Superpump, and I liked it better than everything else, until I tired JP8, it beats it hands down. Not just saying that, it's a fact for me. The thing that sets JP8 apart is the focus. The endurance kicks in for me later, but nothing gives me that Laser-like focus.
    •   
       

  4. Are you Diesel?
    Chuck Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,787
    Rep Power
    2008
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    44.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Thanks guys. Chuck, will ready4war stack with dth, dt2010, and sunami as well as jp8?
    Go R4W, DTH, sunami

    U dont to run JP8 and DT2010 in there. Now if u want the creatine part of it, u should go:

    DTH/ETHER Tabs/R4W maybe Sunami in there. But you have to realize, its never really nec. to stack 3 or more GET DIESEL products for results. I know thats the mentality today, but trust me, all that stuff you listed, u dont want to stack them.
  5. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Day 22:
    Dose: 2/2/1 DTH, 1/1/1 Sunami

    Day 23:
    Dose: 2/2/1 DTH, 0/0/0 Sunami

    Day 24:
    Dose: 0/0/0 DTH, 2/0/2 Sunami

    Vascularity is up, some nice pumps going on, strength and endurance are up, getting leaner and bigger, looking WAY better actually.

    At this moment I dont know if I like 4 DTH or 5 better. Libido does seem higher on 4, muscle hardness and the way my body looks seems better on 5, but I dont know at this point if thats the increased dose or just gains that just keep coming

    Something strange, my haircolour seems to be lighter. Is that possible from DTH/Sunami?? It's growing a lot faster then normal too, I need a haircut every 3 weeks where I would normally go once every 5 or so.
  6. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13732
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Hows the strength gains so far 1HP?
  7. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Current max lifts:
    Parallel Squat 10x310 lbs
    Deadlift 1x375 lbs
    Clean&Press 5x130 lbs
    Last week I did:
    Parallel Squat 10x340 lbs
    Deadlift 5x340 lbs (dont know current 1RM but up for sure )
    Clean&Press 5x145 lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    muscle hardness and the way my body looks seems better on 5, but I dont know at this point if thats the increased dose or just gains that just keep coming
    Hmm actually I'm on NOS ETHER now which might also explain the increase in muscle hardness and bigger looks
  8. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Stack update:

    I've added some things (new stuff in bold):

    2 x Diesel Test Hardcore
    5 x Sunami
    1 x Diesel Test 2010 (in transit)
    1 x JP8
    1 x NOS ETHER
    3 tubs Primoridal performance Toco-8 (vitamin E thingy)
    3 tubs Primordial performance Endoamp (Phosphatidylserine)
    2 bottles PGHt (growth hormone precursor)
    RPN stuff, virile mane, flawless, java lather, banish (in transit)
    Applied Neutricals Osteo (joint support)(in transit)

    Bulk Fishoil
    2 x NOW Astaxantin
    1 x NOW Saw Palmetto
    4 tubs Xtend

    Damn and I wanted to keep it basic :S
    Lookin kinda thick there bro!! Nice!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  9. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    I've tried Superpump, and I liked it better than everything else, until I tired JP8, it beats it hands down. Not just saying that, it's a fact for me. The thing that sets JP8 apart is the focus. The endurance kicks in for me later, but nothing gives me that Laser-like focus.
    yeah i agree superpump is actually good.
    i havent tried JP8 yet though.
  10. New Member
    valheruking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.22%

    I'm anxiously waiting for my bottle of DTH and can't wait to try it. Here is my question, since DTH increases testosterone, can it actually assist in buring body fat?
  11. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by valheruking View Post
    I'm anxiously waiting for my bottle of DTH and can't wait to try it. Here is my question, since DTH increases testosterone, can it actually assist in buring body fat?
    yes, thats one of things test is able to do mate:bruce3:
  12. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by valheruking View Post
    I'm anxiously waiting for my bottle of DTH and can't wait to try it. Here is my question, since DTH increases testosterone, can it actually assist in buring body fat?
    Yup it can, through multiple pathways. Good test boosters improve my body composition more then fatburners.
  13. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1620
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    79.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm anxiously waiting for my bottle of DTH and can't wait to try it. Here is my question, since DTH increases testosterone, can it actually assist in buring body fat?
    Yessir!!
  14. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1620
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    79.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Lookin good there 1HP!! I can't wait to start NOS Ether here soon. Almost outta JP8, time to re-order!! Seems for me once I take a day off the stack, the next day I start it up again, it hits me like a ton of bricks again, I love it!!! Is that the same for you?
  15. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Lookin good there 1HP!! I can't wait to start NOS Ether here soon. Almost outta JP8, time to re-order!! Seems for me once I take a day off the stack, the next day I start it up again, it hits me like a ton of bricks again, I love it!!! Is that the same for you?
    Hmm no I dont think I'm noticing that in particular, except for the Sunami, the happy feelings are less on my Sunami day off.. Same as on 2 vs 3 a day, immediately noticable..
  16. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1620
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    79.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hokey dokey, thanks man!!
  17. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Day 25:
    Dose: 2/2/1 DTH, 1/1/1 Sunami.

    Recepy for extreme pumps/vascularity:

    Pre workout:
    2 scoops Xtend
    2 scoops JP8
    1 scoop NOS ETHER

    During workout:
    2 scoops Xtend

    Post workout:
    2 scoops Xtend
    1 scoop NOS ETHER

    HOLY PUMPS BATMAN!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Day 13:
    Left ball: 34x52 mm
    Right ball: 35x50 mm

    Upper leg: 24.8"
    Waist: 34.2"
    Arm: 14.9"
    Chest 48"
    Weight: 189 lbs
    [/B]
    Day 25 Measurements:
    Left ball: 34x54 mm
    Right ball: 35x52 mm

    Upper leg: 25.2"
    Waist: 34.2"
    Arm: 14.9"
    Chest 48.3"
    Weight: 193.5 lbs

    Gained 4.5 lbs and some size on my legs/chest since starting JP8/NOS ETHER, balls a little bigger again aswell

    Notes: Some acne developing on shoulders. Libido a bit down on 5DTH. I wish I could do 4.5 tabs DTH maybe try 4 one day, 5 the other. Energy during workout was unreal. Today I really felt the force of JP8/NOS ETHER.
  18. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13732
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Like the xtend do ya? lol me too. Its the shizzle.

    I use 8 scoops in 1 gallon of h20 every day while at work.

    Preworkout for Legs day-
    1.5 scoop JP8
    1 scoop purple wraath
    1 scoop xtend

    All other preworkout days get-
    1 scoops vasocharge
    1 scoop Nos ether
    1 scoop xtend

    Postworkout- 1 scoop Nos Ether +1 scoop xtend

    Pumps and strength went up alot since adding in all the BCAA's.


    I think i need to buy a truck load of xtend. lol
    Last edited by Kristofer68SS; 11-03-2008 at 06:14 PM.
  19. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Lol yeah really, I take 10 scoops Xtend on non w/o days, 12 on w/o days.. It rocks!
  20. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    nice guys
  21. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yeah xtend is the best thing ever, bcca's rock the socks of of the whey proteins of yesteryear, if u take bcaa's before,during and after a workout theres no need for whey anymore. Bcca's r much more anabolic than whey.
  22. Senior Member
    DaveGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    9018
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    yeah xtend is the best thing ever, bcca's rock the socks of of the whey proteins of yesteryear, if u take bcaa's before,during and after a workout theres no need for whey anymore. Bcca's r much more anabolic than whey.
    This is a joke I hope


    If you have adequate protein throughout the day there is no need for ffAA's. Only properly dosed around a workout can they provide additional benefits that in tract protein cannot.

    Layne Norton has written many articles on utilizing amino acids, may want to look into some his stuff as he is a pioneer when it comes to amino acids.

    The only other reason I can imagine someone using 10-12 scoops of amino acids throughout the day is on an extreme cut where a strong caloric deficit is taking place and it's necessary to prevent catabolism. Other than that, save your $.


    This log is making me VERY anxious to crack open my tub of ETHER and bottle of DTH
  23. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    This is a joke I hope


    If you have adequate protein throughout the day there is no need for ffAA's. Only properly dosed around a workout can they provide additional benefits that in tract protein cannot.

    Layne Norton has written many articles on utilizing amino acids, may want to look into some his stuff as he is a pioneer when it comes to amino acids.

    The only other reason I can imagine someone using 10-12 scoops of amino acids throughout the day is on an extreme cut where a strong caloric deficit is taking place and it's necessary to prevent catabolism. Other than that, save your $.


    This log is making me VERY anxious to crack open my tub of ETHER and bottle of DTH
    Thats exactly what layne norton does, hip drink 2 scoops of xtend in between meals to improve protein synthesis. Whey is pretty obsolete compares to BCAA's, Luecine in particular, which is a directly related to protein sysntheis according to layne norton and his research. BCAA's are way better than whey, not for a meal replacement though.
  24. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Xtend decreases recovery time and has a positive influence on body composition for me.
  25. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13732
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I eat chicken/brown rice 4 times a day at work . 50/50, 1 packed cup each time. 1gallon of water at work alone.

    oatmeal and protein breakfast

    balanced dinner.


    My strength has gone up since adding bcaa's..........

    I really dont care what data is spit out. I know what works for me in the gym. End of story.

    Many guys have success megadosing BCAA'
    s we are not the exception.
  26. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1620
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    79.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Xtend decreases recovery time and has a positive influence on body composition for me.
    Pretty much same for me, additionally, you can't beat it when on a cut phase.
  27. Senior Member
    DaveGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    9018
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    Thats exactly what layne norton does, hip drink 2 scoops of xtend in between meals to improve protein synthesis. Whey is pretty obsolete compares to BCAA's, Luecine in particular, which is a directly related to protein sysntheis according to layne norton and his research. BCAA's are way better than whey, not for a meal replacement though.
    Strong broscience
  28. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    update on haircolour.
    Went to the hairdresser today (2nd time since on DTH already). Anyways he commented on my lighter haircolour so it's not me imagining things.. What gives.. Chuck??
  29. Senior Member
    DaveGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    9018
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Interrelationship between Physical Activity and Branched-Chain Amino Acids1
    Michael Gleeson2

    School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, England, UK

    2To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: m.gleeson@lboro.ac.uk.

    Some athletes can have quite high intakes of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) because of their high energy and protein intakes and also because they consume protein supplements, solutions of protein hydrolysates, and free amino acids. The requirement for protein may actually be higher in endurance athletes than in sedentary individuals because some amino acids, including the BCAAs, are oxidized in increased amounts during exercise compared with rest, and they must therefore be replenished by the diet. In the late 1970s, BCAAs were suggested to be the third fuel for skeletal muscle after carbohydrate and fat. However, the majority of later studies, using various exercise and treatment designs and several forms of administration of BCAAs (infusion, oral, and with and without carbohydrates), have failed to find a performance-enhancing effect. No valid scientific evidence supports the commercial claims that orally ingested BCAAs have an anticatabolic effect during and after exercise in humans or that BCAA supplements may accelerate the repair of muscle damage after exercise. The recommended protein intakes for athletes (1.2 to 1.8 g ? kg body mass–1 ? d–1) do not seem to be harmful. Acute intakes of BCAA supplements of about 10–30 g/d seem to be without ill effect. However, the suggested reasons for taking such supplements have not received much support from well-controlled scientific studies.
    Here is Alan Aragon's thoughts:

    As far as the research goes, free-form BCAA simply hasn't proven itself superior to an isonitrogenous amount of protein for the purpose of improving body composition. The only exception to this rule was a 1997 study (Mourier, et al) which compared a 0.9g/kg soy protein supp with 0.9g/kg BCAA-enriched protein supp under hypocaloric conditions. Can you guess which treatment got beaten for improving body comp?

    If there was objective proof beyond the brotacular testimonials of those with a predetermined belief that free-form BCAA is the magic bullet, I'd give it some credit. But thankfully, the same results can be achieved by eating more animal flesh, or you can take the convenient/cheap route & have more whey.
    I hope you are beginning to understand that supplementing AA's throughout the day is simply broscience, and there is really nothing but anecdotal/placebo results.
  30. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Yup it can, through multiple pathways. Good test boosters improve my body composition more then fatburners.
    Good answer there bro, and def true.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  31. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Day 25:
    Dose: 2/2/1 DTH, 1/1/1 Sunami.

    Recepy for extreme pumps/vascularity:

    Pre workout:
    2 scoops Xtend
    2 scoops JP8
    1 scoop NOS ETHER

    During workout:
    2 scoops Xtend

    Post workout:
    2 scoops Xtend
    1 scoop NOS ETHER

    HOLY PUMPS BATMAN!!!





    Day 25 Measurements:
    Left ball: 34x54 mm
    Right ball: 35x52 mm

    Upper leg: 25.2"
    Waist: 34.2"
    Arm: 14.9"
    Chest 48.3"
    Weight: 193.5 lbs

    Gained 4.5 lbs and some size on my legs/chest since starting JP8/NOS ETHER, balls a little bigger again aswell

    Notes: Some acne developing on shoulders. Libido a bit down on 5DTH. I wish I could do 4.5 tabs DTH maybe try 4 one day, 5 the other. Energy during workout was unreal. Today I really felt the force of JP8/NOS ETHER.
    Thats whats up man!! I'm up 4 pounds on day like 18 of something.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  32. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1620
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    79.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    update on haircolour.
    Went to the hairdresser today (2nd time since on DTH already). Anyways he commented on my lighter haircolour so it's not me imagining things.. What gives.. Chuck??
    Well, I can't help ya out man, no hair on my head, and I can't see what color it is on my back
  33. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Here is Alan Aragon's thoughts:



    I hope you are beginning to understand that supplementing AA's throughout the day is simply broscience, and there is really nothing but anecdotal/placebo results.
    read that e-book
    http://books.google.com/books?id=pQq...result#PPP1,M1

    BCAA supplements for recovery after endurance exercise
    Branched-chain amino acid supplementation and indicators of muscle damage after endurance exercise.
    Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2007 December. Greer BK, Woodard JL, White JP, Arguello EM, Haymes EM. Dept. of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT 06825, USA.
    The purpose of this study was to determine whether branched-chain amino acid BCAA supplementation attenuates indirect indicators of muscle damage during endurance exercise as compared with an isocaloric, carbohydrate (CHO) beverage or a noncaloric placebo (PLAC) beverage. Nine untrained men performed three 90 min cycling bouts at 55% VO 2peak. The volunteers blinded to beverage selection, ingested a total of 200 kcal of energy via the CHO or BCAA beverage before and at 60 min of exercise, or they drank the PLAC beverage. Creatine kinase (CK), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), isokinetic leg-extension and -flexion torque, and muscle soreness were assessed before and immediately, 4 h, 24 h, and 48 h postexercise. The trials were separated by 8 wk. CK activities were significantly lower after the BCAA trial than in the PLAC trial at 4, 24, and 48 h postexercise, as well as lower than the CHO beverage at 24 h postexercise. CK was lower in the CHO trial at the 24- and 48-h time points than in the PLAC trial. LDH activities were lower in the BCAA trial at 4 h than in the PLAC trial. As compared with the CHO and PLAC trials, ratings of perceived soreness were lower at 24 h postexercise, and leg-flexion torque was higher at the 48-h time point after the BCAA trial. The present data suggest that BCAA supplementation attenuates muscle damage during prolonged endurance exercise in untrained college-age men. CHO ingestion attenuates CK activities at 24 and 48 h postexercise as compared with a placebo beverage.

    BCAA for Cancer Surgery
    Response of muscle protein and glutamine kinetics to branched chain enriched amino acids - BCAA - in intensive care patients after radical cancer surgery.
    Nutrition. 2006 May;22(5):475-82. Epub 2006 Feb 10. Department of Clinical, Technological and Morphological Sciences, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy.
    Patients with cancer are characterized by decreased muscle protein synthesis and glutamine availability that contribute to an impaired immune response. These abnormalities worsen after surgical stress. We tested the hypothesis that pharmacologic doses of branched-chain amino acids would improve the early metabolic response after major cancer surgery. CONCLUSIONS: An excess of branched-chain amino acids in the presence of an optimal profile of other essential amino acids acutely increased muscle protein synthesis and glutamine flux from skeletal muscle in cancer patients after surgery.

    BCAA for fatigue
    A role for branched chain amino acids in reducing central fatigue.
    J Nutr. 2006 Feb;136(2):544S-547S. Blomstrand E. Astrand Laboratory, University College of Physical Education and Sports and Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
    Several factors have been identified to cause peripheral fatigue during exercise, whereas the mechanisms behind central fatigue are less well known. Changes in the brain 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) level is one factor that has been suggested to cause fatigue. The rate-limiting step in the synthesis of 5-HT is the transport of tryptophan across the blood-brain barrier. This transport is influenced by the fraction of tryptophan available for transport into the brain and the concentration of the other large neutral amino acids, including the BCAA (leucine, isoleucine, and valine), which are transported via the same carrier system. Studies in human subjects have shown that the plasma ratio of free tryptophan (unbound to albumin) / BCAA increases and that tryptophan is taken up by the brain during endurance exercise, suggesting that this may increase the synthesis of 5-HT in the brain. Ingestion of BCAA increases their concentration in plasma. This may reduce the uptake of tryptophan by the brain and also 5-HT synthesis and thereby delay fatigue. Accordingly, when BCAA were supplied to human subjects during a standardized cycle ergometer exercise their ratings of perceived exertion and mental fatigue were reduced, and, during a competitive 30-km cross-country race, their performance on different cognitive tests was improved after the race. In some situations the intake of BCAA also improves physical performance. The results also suggest that ingestion of carbohydrates during exercise delays a possible effect of BCAA on fatigue since the brain's uptake of tryptophan is reduced.

    its not broscience dude, bcca's are just as proven as creatine and beta alanine.
  34. New Member
    valheruking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    yes, thats one of things test is able to do mate:bruce3:
    Lol funny but yeah I have used other supplements that increase Test but no change in body fat.

    Can I take DTH with food or will that inhibit absorption?

    Ps. Canadian customs are ****ing retarded, every time they keep my supplements for a week.
  35. Senior Member
    DaveGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    9018
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    its not broscience dude, bcca's are just as proven as creatine and beta alanine.

    I have some weird feeling you don't even know what you posted. NOTHING that you posted proves BCAA's more effective than whey protein.

    The first study was on un-trained college men, which means they are not taking on the high protein diets we are.

    Second, cancer patients are most likely not taking in 2g/lb of protein and most likely not eating every 3hrs with high protein meals, so of course the introduction of free form amino acids will give some results. This still fails to prove how they're of any benefit when diet is in check.

    The third test, was done with a 30km cross country race. I cannot begin to fathom the type of relevance you've perceived from that study.

    Hate to break it to you, but there is NO study out there that proves amino acids to be better than whey. On top of that, when you've got a proper diet set up...the use of amino acids for beneficial purposes becomes VERY VERY limited. Whether or not you choose to believe it because I do realize broscience can reach the roots of many people's beliefs...it is reality.
  36. Banned
    ari4216's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    I have some weird feeling you don't even know what you posted. NOTHING that you posted proves BCAA's more effective than whey protein.

    The first study was on un-trained college men, which means they are not taking on the high protein diets we are.

    Second, cancer patients are most likely not taking in 2g/lb of protein and most likely not eating every 3hrs with high protein meals, so of course the introduction of free form amino acids will give some results. This still fails to prove how they're of any benefit when diet is in check.

    The third test, was done with a 30km cross country race. I cannot begin to fathom the type of relevance you've perceived from that study.

    Hate to break it to you, but there is NO study out there that proves amino acids to be better than whey. On top of that, when you've got a proper diet set up...the use of amino acids for beneficial purposes becomes VERY VERY limited. Whether or not you choose to believe it because I do realize broscience can reach the roots of many people's beliefs...it is reality.
    look do what you want, well do what we want there are thousand of satisfied customers of xtend, everyone i know takes that and it works, it also has citrline maltate and gluatamine, but the bcaa's are big component of it. Ill laugh because all of are happily enjoying our xtend.

    good day sir, im tired of arguing
  37. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by valheruking View Post
    Lol funny but yeah I have used other supplements that increase Test but no change in body fat.

    Can I take DTH with food or will that inhibit absorption?

    Ps. Canadian customs are ****ing retarded, every time they keep my supplements for a week.
    Check my stats change from start till now, my waist circumference is a lot lower.

    You have to take DT before food on an empty stomach. It's enteric coated and has to pass through the stomach.
  38. Senior Member
    DaveGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    9018
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    look do what you want, well do what we want there are thousand of satisfied customers of xtend, everyone i know takes that and it works, it also has citrline maltate and gluatamine, but the bcaa's are big component of it. Ill laugh because all of are happily enjoying our xtend.

    good day sir, im tired of arguing
    Not really, arguing. Simply debating science, but I guess that's not really your thing? I was simply trying to save you money. I agree that amino acids can be beneficial when timed properly around a workout...my only point was that it is a waste to mega dose them throughout the day. And all the research and experts agree with me, I'm not really sure why people are so stuck on the damn broscience.

    I'm sure there's thousands of satisfied customers with "the strap" too, just because they simply don't know any better. Does that mean the strap is better than "steroids of yesteryear?"
  39. Senior Member
    1HP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Power
    627
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    14.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Not really, arguing. Simply debating science, but I guess that's not really your thing? I was simply trying to save you money. I agree that amino acids can be beneficial when timed properly around a workout...my only point was that it is a waste to mega dose them throughout the day. And all the research and experts agree with me, I'm not really sure why people are so stuck on the damn broscience.

    I'm sure there's thousands of satisfied customers with "the strap" too, just because they simply don't know any better. Does that mean the strap is better than "steroids of yesteryear?"
    I have to disagree with you, not because of science but because of personal experience. See my previous log:
    BCAA (Extend) miracle supp for strength/body composition
  40. Senior Member
    DaveGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    9018
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    I have to disagree with you, not because of science but because of personal experience. See my previous log:
    BCAA (Extend) miracle supp for strength/body composition

    That's fine I can't really argue with anecdotal feedback. Glad you found something that works for you, although it is still difficult to gauge whether or not more protein would have yielded the same results.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 05:46 AM
  3. Diesel test Hardcore/Sunami question
    By Mach .78 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 09:45 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 08:53 PM
  5. SCD23 Gets Diesel: Diesel Test Hardcore (Sponsored)
    By SCDiesel23 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in