Restoring Rosie: AN calls in the full cavalry (and a few extras)

Page 20 of 27 First ... 1819202122 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Thank you to Matt for sending me some samples of Cre-02 to try. I had enough samples to last 4 days...I used 3 samples on consecutive days: Day 1 - HIIT Rollers + Full-Body Resistance, Day 2 - HIIT Rollers + Chest Resistance, Day 3 - 60 min Rollers; and the last sample 11 days after the third: Day 4 - HIIT Rollers + Full-Body Resistance...

What is it?

http://store.anabolicminds.com/photo...E-O2_large.jpg

* 100% stable and absorbable
    * Zero side effects
    * Maximize strength
    * Increase oxygen utilization
    * Decrease oxygen debt
    * Maximize ATP
    * Maximize endurance
    * Increase VO2max

For write-up see The Official AnabolicMinds Supplement Store.

Taste: 8/10. There wasn't really a taste.

Side Effects: 9/10. I experienced none of the unpleasant side effects such as bloating, nausea, water retention, etc., that is quite common with creatine products.

Strength: 7/10. Strength did not really change using Cre-02. However, factors such as change in training programme and doing all my resistance sessions four days consecutively (three full-Body and Chest), with my first two Cre-02 days being the last 2 days of those sessions, would have affected this. On the fourth day using Cre-02 I had just had 12 days off resistance training, and had some small losses in strength with Back and Shoulders, but maintained from where I was before having a break with other body-parts/exercises.

Oxygen Utilization/Debt: I cannot speak for my resistance sessions (as I do not wear a HR monitor during them). However, with my cardio sessions... Day 1: HIIT - I did 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy @ 85-90% HRmax, with the last 10 minutes of the session at 80-90% HRmax, managing easily. Day 2: HIIT - I did 16 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy @ 85-90% HRmax, and then went DOWN a gear (i.e. increased intensity) and did another 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy, but with HR only getting to 85% HRmax, finishing the session with 4 minutes easily at 80% HRmax. Day 3: 60 min Rollers - Despite the high cadence HR stayed at 65-75% HRmax, and would NOT go up; with 60 minutes going by before I'd even realized it (when usually 20 minutes is enough). Day 4: HIIT - 16 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy @ 85% HRmax, HR NOT going higher, despite my best efforts...Day 1 followed the 'typical' number of efforts and the HR response for a HIIT Rollers session. On Day 2 I was able to TRIPLE the efforts that I did, with not a lot of change in HR. On Day 3, instead of it being an effort to do 20 minutes, I did 60 minutes, at high cadence at a low HR. On Day 4, once again, I managed a higher amount of efforts than I would usually be able to do, at a LOWER HR. In explanation, a lower HR at the SAME (or a higher) intensity for LONGER means greater utilization of oxygen and less oxygen debt, as the heart is having to work less in getting oxygen efficiently around the body. To REALLY get a measure of this, a gas analyzer would need to have been worn during the exercise. As well as there being a longer period of Cre-02 use.

Endurance: 9/10. My endurance is usually pretty high anyway. However, resistance sessions done on both Day 1 and Day 4 were longer than I would normally do, and I could have kept going.

Recovery: 9/10. Recovery was excellent. On Day 2 I TRIPLED my efforts during HIIT, the day AFTER I had just done a HIIT session (and done on the Rollers, that is saying something, since it feels so much HARDER for me than if I do my HIIT sprinting). On Day 3 I was able to do 'steady-state' cardio at a cadence of 116-120 rpm (120 rpm is time-trial cadence), which is a high cadence to be able to maintain easily, and especially after two consecutive days of HIIT!

Overall: 8.5/10. Normally I am 'done' after 8 efforts during HIIT Rollers, and being able to do 16 and 24 efforts and STILL feel GREAT was amazing. And the fact that 60 minutes passed without me feeling it, and only stopping because I don't need to be doing cardio that long (i.e. I could have easily kept going for ANOTHER hour!), is something else that had me smiling.

Would I use it again? Yes. I would actually like to run a full bottle in early 2009.

Would I recommend? I would wait until AFTER I had done a longer run (i.e. 3-4 weeks) of Cre-02 and seen what experience/effects I had during that, before I could say whether or not I would recommend it.

This review is also available in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ie-s-mini.html, and in the Millennium Sport Technologies subsection of the Supplement Companies Forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mille...ie-s-mini.html.
    Rosie, it's damn nice to see that you got to use my favorite ergogenic product of all time! I'm super-dupe glad you got the results you did in such short time. The results keep getting better (ex. body comp, muscle fullness, strength, continued endurance) as you use the product longer. This review of the 4 days that you used it is very good. Your review is very direct and to the point. You've got some of the toughest workouts I've seen (with your heart rate, repititions, and sets) and it's great to read what Cre-02 can do for you. INVEST in the full bottle Rosie!
    Freedom means nothing here.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Rosie, it's damn nice to see that you got to use my favorite ergogenic product of all time! I'm super-dupe glad you got the results you did in such short time. The results keep getting better (ex. body comp, muscle fullness, strength, continued endurance) as you use the product longer. This review of the 4 days that you used it is very good. Your review is very direct and to the point. You've got some of the toughest workouts I've seen (with your heart rate, repititions, and sets) and it's great to read what Cre-02 can do for you. INVEST in the full bottle Rosie!
    Yep, I was actually pretty rapt with what I saw (I took a day off it after Day 3, just to 'compare' that session with the ones when using Cre-02; which is why Day 4 of Cre-02 was so much later, since I figured I may as well wait until I was doing resistance training again after that 'comparison' day).

Strength didn't change, because I wasn't training for strength (i.e. mentioned in my review: "factors such as change in training programme"); but I'd be interested in seeing what Cre-02 delivered if I were.

I will definitely be getting a bottle. Think I will run it with the Reset-AD in January.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yep, I was actually pretty rapt with what I saw (I took a day off it after Day 3, just to 'compare' that session with the ones when using Cre-02; which is why Day 4 of Cre-02 was so much later, since I figured I may as well wait until I was doing resistance training again after that 'comparison' day).

Strength didn't change, because I wasn't training for strength (i.e. mentioned in my review: "factors such as change in training programme"); but I'd be interested in seeing what Cre-02 delivered if I were.

I will definitely be getting a bottle. Think I will run it with the Reset-AD in January.
    Oh Rosie, you Raptor
  4. Day 63

Since still no NeoVar Recomped, I used the sample of Controlled Labs' Green MAGnitude that I had, dosing 35 min pre-gym...

0747 - Rollers:
    a. 3 min in 39x17 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 114 rpm
    b. 3 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 114 rpm
    c. 3 min in 39x15 @ 75-80% HRmax @ 114 rpm
    d. 3 min in 39x14 @ 80-85% HRmax @ 114 rpm
    e. 3 min in 39x13 @ 85-90% HRmax @ 114 rpm
    f. 3 min in 39x12 @ 90% HRmax @ 114 rpm
    g. 3 min in 39x17 @ 114 rpm (HR dropped back to 70% HRmax)
    Wasn't sure WHAT I was going to do this morning. It was overcast, which meant that I could have probably gotten away with going for a run. But ended up on the rollers, since my tummy was a little upset...Started out at a high-ish cadence in an easier gear. HR rose as it should. Decided to do a step protocol, and increased my gear ratio every 3 minutes, keeping cadence the same. HR rose as it should, which I was pleased with. From 9 minutes (i.e. the start of the fourth 'stage') my thighs were burning, and I had to think of something to blank it out and turn my body onto 'auto' re cadence to keep the pace. Going back to 39x17 for the last 'stage' felt like a small slice of heaven. Finished covered in a slick layer of sweat. Pleased.

0812 - Stretch 23 min.

0910 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
    1. BB BS 2 x 40, 20
    2. LLC 2 x 40, 20
    3. Inc. DB BP 2 x 40, 20
    4. CG SR 2 x 40, 20
    5. DB SP 3 x 20
    6. Dips 2 x 20
    7. Alt. DB HC 2 x 20
    High rep session today. Yes, weights were interesting, but anyways...Started out with BB BS. I actually INcreased the weight from what I HAVE been doing by 25% (since I am lifting nowhere near my 1RM with Legs), and was still nowhere near. The body handled it. Was a little heavy on the top of my traps, but it was a small niggle. I felt my adductors (yes, slightly wider stance today) from the second rep of the second set...LLC. By the 15th rep of the first set my hamstrings were ****ed, tight and aching. I had to dropset the weight, and then again for the last 15 reps. The second set was not a lot better, and I was almost in tears at the pain...Inc. DB BP. Used a weight that was higher than the one I used for this session last time. Forearms were shot by the 20th rep; but somehow I managed to struggle out the last 20 reps. On the second set I almost didn't make 20 reps. Vascularity by this stage was wicked in arms...By CG SR my forearms were screaming, and I actually had to dropset this after 25 reps on the first set, as well. Second set was better, but not by a lot...DB SP was the sticking point today. Even though I selected a weight that was LESS than HALF of what I HAVE been doing (albeit for only 6-10 reps), I only managed 20 reps on the first set before I almost dropped the weight, forearms and deltoids screaming. Shook head angrily at myself and made faces in the mirror (as you do). Gritted my teeth, and told myself to aim for 40 reps on the second set. But, the body wasn't going to do it, and I wasn't going to do down in weight any more than I had. I decided to do another set of 20 reps, to make sure that I completed 60 reps in total...Dips. Only at b/w. (It makes quite a difference supersetting or alternate setting triceps with biceps, and I noticed NOT doing it today). On my second set of Dips I had to pause for ~5 seconds after the 12th rep, and nearly didn't make the 20th rep...With Alt. BD HC I used the same weight that I have been using for 12 reps (i.e. more intense at 20 reps), and managed ok. Did 2 sets only (Arms had already been worked in other exercises)...There was a woman in the gym today who was watching me a lot of the time. In fact, it almost looked like she was COPYING me, as once I'd finished on one exercise, she proceeded to do it, at the same weights that I'd used, but only for 10 reps. Anyways...Walked out of the gym pumped as. And very SORE. Glad that I'd done the session. Not sure if I was 'happy' with it or not, though...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0630 (waking at 0142), so ~8 hours sleep. Stayed awake for some time on waking at 0142, because it started itching then (no itching late at night when trying to go to sleep, which is a small blessing). Dreaming. Deep sleep. Woke a little groggy, yet again.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there. Not really been wanting to do anything.

Energy: After the gym, body was fatigued. The heat only adds to it, and I feel like a dead weight.

Motivation: Good. I really think that I'm on track this time for proper!

Mood/Aggression: Good mood.

Stress: Pretty low. (I was actually looking through my training diary, and now that stress has gone from "Very, very high" to "Very, very low" most days, my Fatigue Index has dropped dramatically!)

Libido: Um, yes, VERY HIGH today!

Joints: Fine.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Better than the last session that was like that (albeit focus was not on strength, but REPS).

Quality of Training: Good.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump all over, from back to shoulders to arms today...Vascularity has been good too (heat is helping some, here...)

Muscle Hardness/Density: Deltoids and arms.

Body Composition and Look: Upper back looks like there is definitely more mass than even in August and has more definition (even though not as lean), so good. Could see outline of abdominals better today...Actually, since Friday I have LOST 2kg (most probably just water/food weight, though...)

Appetite: Just eating when I have to. Thirsty again (but not the extreme, constant thirst that I had when I was using SLIN).

Overall Sense of Feeling: Apart from my head feeling as though someone's hit me across the back of it with a bat, pretty good, actually

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Rosie's [Mini] Review of Controlled Labs' Green MAGnitude

What is it?

http://store.anabolicminds.com/photo...ault_large.jpg

* Improve strength
    * Boost energy
    * Improve stamina
    * Improve performance
    * Greater protein synthesis

For write-up see The Official AnabolicMinds Supplement Store.

Taste: 10/10. Sour green apple. The best tasting supplement I have EVER had!

Solubility: 9.5/10. As soon as it hit the water the powder dissolved. One quick stir, and I drank it. There was only a minute portion left on the bottom of my shaker at the finish.

Strength: 7/10. The focus of this session was NOT on strength. However, comparing this session to the last high rep session that I did (22 days ago), the weights that I used for this session were slightly higher (but the first set was only 40 reps, as opposed to the 50 reps that it was last time).

Energy: 5/10. I had the energy to get through my session, yes. However, most of my energy to get through I attribute predominantly to RPM.

Endurance: 9/10. The session that I did was only 40 minutes, but it was intense, using only 1 minute rests between 40 and 20 rep sets.

Performance: 7/10. I have just had 12 days off resistance training, and my first two sessions back are Full-Body done as a) 4 sets of 4 x trisets with 1 minute recovery, and b) 2 x 40, 20 for each body-part/exercise with 1 minute recovery. Considering yesterday's session, today was actually ok.

Protein Synthesis: After only one serving, this is not applicable. For noticeable effects in muscle growth, a longer period of time would be needed to assess this; and diet and recovery would also have to be done to optimize it.

Overall: 7.5/10. Green MAGnitude is a creatine product. You cannot expect to 'see' results from only ONE serving.

Would I use it again? Maybe. If there were no other more effective products (i.e. NeoVar Recomped or Cre-02) available, or I had run out of creatine and had some lying around.

Would I recommend? I only used one serving. It was not enough to notice any real difference in anything; and I would only be able to say whether or not I would recommend Green MAGnitude if I had used it for a longer period.

This review is also available in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ie-s-mini.html, and in the Controlled Labs subsection of the Supplement Companies Forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/contr...ie-s-mini.html

•   

6. Day 64

0756 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 100 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 2 min in 39x17 @ 110 rpm (HR dropped back to 75% HRmax)
    d. 10 min in 39x16 @ 80-85% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    Didn't feel like doing this at all, today. Efforts were slow. Body was slow. Not good

0819 - Stretch 26 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0637 (waking at 0330, 0400, and 0430), so ~8 hours sleep. Broken (but less than usual). Some dreams. Woke groggy (what is with this?), feeling as though someone had hit me over the back of the head with something...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Good. Been searching for jobs to pass me by until I go over to the States. And trying to think about that, too...

Energy: Not a lot. Been quite hot today (well, for me). The heat just drains me of anything I might have...

Motivation: Good. I'm sick of being FAT!!!

Mood/Aggression: It was ok for the most part. Now I'm just a little aggressive and want to beat someone up...

Stress: High.

Libido: None.

Joints: Fine.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Grrrr...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity good...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Upper body.

Body Composition and Look: I fcuking HATE my body!!!

Appetite: There, as it's needed to be (c'mon, you CAN do this!)

Overall Sense of Feeling: Right now I can't be bothered with training. I am over it. (WTF???) I have all the time in the world, and I want to be out there running myself into the ground, but at the same time I just can't be fcuked (get THAT attitude out of your head right now!!!)...Anyways, just something to think about:
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

7. Rosie, what is the feeling you're having about training? You just don't feel like doing it right now?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Rosie, what is the feeling you're having about training? You just don't feel like doing it right now?
    Pretty much. Honestly, it's like all the motivation and time in the world is there, and I just can't be bothered (or fcuked, whatever). It's like I couldn't care less anymore, ya know. Not a good thing.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Pretty much. Honestly, it's like all the motivation and time in the world is there, and I just can't be bothered (or fcuked, whatever). It's like I couldn't care less anymore, ya know. Not a good thing.
    Yes, I do know. I'm doing all I can to turn my fitness philosophies around from 'keep progressing each week; falling behind is failure' to 'workout for excitement, stimulation, and fun; just stay in the zone'.

If you need someone to listen, drop me a PM or email. I can't offer much advice, because it's all an individual journey, but I can support you and listen here in the thread or via PM

10. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Yes, I do know. I'm doing all I can to turn my fitness philosophies around from 'keep progressing each week; falling behind is failure' to 'workout for excitement, stimulation, and fun; just stay in the zone'.

If you need someone to listen, drop me a PM or email. I can't offer much advice, because it's all an individual journey, but I can support you and listen here in the thread or via PM
    I don't think I could ever train for fun (I've tried, but doesn't work). Excitement and seeing how far I can push myself until I collapse I can do, but not fun.

Thanks, Kyle

11. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    I don't think I could ever train for fun (I've tried, but doesn't work). Excitement and seeing how far I can push myself until I collapse I can do, but not fun.

Thanks, Kyle
    Yeah, I did that and it was cool, but it wasn't fun anymore. Now I have to find other ways of making the workout enjoyable.

12. I'm there in my own training, just burnt out. But my off diet body is not a pretty one. So I have decided that just as I tell my kids, there are things in life you do whether you want to or not. The way I look now is not acceptable to me and only I can change it.

13. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I'm there in my own training, just burnt out. But my off diet body is not a pretty one. So I have decided that just as I tell my kids, there are things in life you do whether you want to or not. The way I look now is not acceptable to me and only I can change it.
    This is true. So many people make excuses as to 'why' they are the way they are. But at the end of the day they made a choice that ultimately led to whatever...I'm TRYING to change me. I want to CONQUER this fcuking binge-eating disorder once and for all!!! I've done 3 days (I know. No big deal (well, is for me). But small steps, one day at a time). Once that's under control I'll be fine.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    This is true. So many people make excuses as to 'why' they are the way they are. But at the end of the day they made a choice that ultimately led to whatever...I'm TRYING to change me. I want to CONQUER this fcuking binge-eating disorder once and for all!!! I've done 3 days (I know. No big deal (well,is for me). But small steps, one day at a time). Once that's under control I'll be fine.
    More dopamine please?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    More dopamine please?
    Say wot? ...My IGF-2 ran out a few days ago and waiting on some more (like the NeoVar Recomped)...Frustration is pretty bad these days

16. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Say wot? ...My IGF-2 ran out a few days ago and waiting on some more (like the NeoVar Recomped)...Frustration is pretty bad these days
    Hmmm... Things that have L-Dopa usually put me out... But dopamine precursors (tyrosine, phenylalanine) will wake me up and modulate/lessen my appetite.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    This is true. So many people make excuses as to 'why' they are the way they are. But at the end of the day they made a choice that ultimately led to whatever...I'm TRYING to change me. I want to CONQUER this fcuking binge-eating disorder once and for all!!! I've done 3 days (I know. No big deal (well,is for me). But small steps, one day at a time). Once that's under control I'll be fine.

Yeah although sometimes stress dictates a break. It does no good to have a great looking body if health is a factor. I am burning out and money, my kids, trying to pay for Christmas and a bunch of other things is playing hell on my emotions. In turn I'm tired and don't want to get up. If it were not for the kids I'm not sure I would care at all.

Bodybuilding is almost a mental disease for me. As I spend all day thinking about what I need to eat, beating myself up if I don't, cardio and lifting time, etc..

We will all get there one day at a time. It just can be hard when you have such high expectations for yourself and only so muchmoney and time in a day.

18. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Yeah although sometimes stress dictates a break. It does no good to have a great looking body if health is a factor. I am burning out and money, my kids, trying to pay for Christmas and a bunch of other things is playing hell on my emotions. In turn I'm tired and don't want to get up. If it were not for the kids I'm not sure I would care at all.

Bodybuilding is almost a mental disease for me. As I spend all day thinking about what I need to eat, beating myself up if I don't, cardio and lifting time, etc..

We will all get there one day at a time. It just can be hard when you have such high expectations for yourself and only so muchmoney and time in a day.
    New years! I'm done worryin about that crap!

19. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    1153 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 55% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    b. 16 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (HR: first 8 efforts - 80% HRmax, last 8 efforts - 80-85% HRmax; rpm N/A)
    c. 16 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x15 (HR: first 8 efforts - 85-90% HRmax, last 8 efforts - 85% HRmax; rpm N/A)
    d. 1 min in 39x16 @ 80 rpm (HR dropped back to 65% HRmax)
    This was the most AWESOME session today! Started out ok, for a 'warm-up', and because not sure how the exercise and heat would make my skin react (i.e. increase irritation, etc.) HR didn't rise very much. Decided on HIIT, since only done 2 sessions so far this week. Although I was spinning as fast as I could and gasping for air, HR would NOT go up, and it seemed EASY! DAMN! After 8 efforts I decided NOT to stop and keep going for another 8. HR started to creep up a little then. But still, the efforts were easy. No pains or aches in knees or hips either. Went down a gear, to increase the intensity, and decided to aim for another 8 efforts. DAMN! Once I'd done 24 efforts, the peak HR reached started DEcreasing with each consecutive effort (odd). After 32 efforts I was drenched and dripping with sweat, smiling like an idiot, and wanting to KEEP GOING and see what I could do! THAT was the BEST HIIT Rollers EVER!!! And during it all, there was no itchiness or irritation; my mind was too concentrated on trying to get my HR through the roof (which didn't happen), and make each effort better than the last. A great way to finish off the week (training-wise)!

1219 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2330-1035 (waking at 0340, 0620, 0723, and 0800), so ~10.5 hours sleep. Like last night, VERY BROKEN and not good at all. Constant itching (I got told in the morning that I probably didn't stop the whole night, even when I was asleep!) Dreaming, too (when you start dreaming about exams and study, you know you'll be glad when study is OVER; one more day!) Not great at all...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Once I got up and training was over. I did a block of almost 2 hours of study (amazing how time flies when you're actually INTERESTED in the subject!); and am going to try for an all-nighter (fingers crossed that I don't fall asleep, like I have every other time (except for twice) this year that I have attempted all-nighters).

Energy: HIIT was AMAZING! Been bouncing around like the energizer bunny the rest of the day!

Motivation: Good. I have 6 weeks to get into what I consider great shape. I know that I CAN do it!

Mood/Aggression: Aggression at the constant irritation of my skin...Apart from that, mood is in an INTERESTING place...

Stress: High. But not from study. All this irritation and rashes/bumps.

Libido: Funny enough, there. Some.

Joints: No worries.

Endurance: Excellent.

Quality of Training: Excellent. Raising the bar. I don't know where it came from, considering the last few days. But, no complaints; that's how ALL HIIT Rollers sessions should be!

Pump and Vascularity: No pump, really...Vascularity average...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Glutes and legs, especially on rollers' days.

Body Composition and Look: Upper midsection ok. So is chest...I'm covered in rashes, bumps, welts, and gouges (from my nails). Funny thing is, the bumps and rashes come and go, and 'move' from place to place over the course of a day. Most of the time it looks worse from the welts my nails have scored all over, from the constant scratching (NOT cool; hope they don't leave scars). Having to stay OUT of the sun to stop it exacerbating it all...

Appetite: Ok. When I really get into study I tend to forget about eating until late at night...Stopping using Slin for now...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Just frustration at myself, for stupid and preventable mistakes. Honestly, I want to submerge my entire body in ice (but icing irritated areas burns me), so that it stops the itchiness. Not wanting to be wearing anything (decency dictates otherwise), because it irritates my skin...Aside from that, relieved that study is almost over...Looking forward to beginning preparing to move and finalize travel plans...
    man that is some detailed stuff- you sure you never worked in QC?
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

20. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post

Sometimes I just have to lower my expectations (I do for everyone else, so why not give myself some slack sometimes?), which is actually pretty hard for my mind to do (oh the mind games we play with ourselves). Anyways, I have a negative exercise addiction, a binge eating disorder, and perfectionist tendencies, and stress out way too easily. I just need to CHILL and let it all go sometimes (not).

Don't let yourself burn out Christine. Trust me, it's no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    man that is some detailed stuff- you sure you never worked in QC?
    You know me. Detail makes or breaks (well, maybe not in a log, but in general)...What's QC? Quality Control? No; not unless you count hospitality, health care, mental health, disability caregiving, or personal training...

21. Day 65

0725 - 5.5km Run:
    Decided to go for a run today, since I haven't been for ages, and it's about time. First km was done in 4.76 minutes, the second slower at 5.07 minutes. By the third km I was really feeling my body slow down, and by the fourth km I was so ready to stop and walk or collapse somewhere. I have been slow before. But this; this was the SLOWEST I have EVER been (so very ashamed)! Why are they like this now? Damn; at the start of the year (and right up to August) I was doing close to 4 min/km! I feel so pathetic right now

0759 - Stretch 26 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0607 (waking at 0330, 0400, and 0423), so ~7 hours sleep. Sleep was less broken than it has been; irritation and itching has become a lot less (which is a good thing). Woke groggy again (been happening a lot since ran out of IGF-2; not cool...)

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been in and out all day, doing everything...

Energy: Not really had a lot. Kind of being walking around in a daze today, feeling like I'm going to collapse at any moment. Only stayed at work for an hour. And now, feel like I'm going to pass out...

Motivation: Good. Every time I see Laura Harris, damn!...And seeing the change over the last three days has been good for me, too; I know for damn sure that I CAN get my body to where I want it to be in 4 weeks (so long as diet is in check)!!!

Mood/Aggression: Interesting. Just busy, mostly. And then upset. Actually quite a bit of 'upset'. Anyways...

Stress: Study stress gone. Money and trying to get a permanent FULL-TIME job has replaced it.

Libido: Some. But none. If that makes any sense. This changes a lot depending on my mood and emotions.

Joints: Good.

Quality of Training: Not good; not good at all. Fcuking sucked balls.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity is great...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Yeah, there.

Body Composition and Look: I've lost 3kg since Friday. Interesting. Clean diet makes such a difference. I notice it a little. But I'm still FAR TOO FAT for my liking. And when someone tells me they "like my curves", then I just hate my body even more. Curvy = Fat. GRRRR.

Appetite: Had none all day. After work, somehow downed half my sister's chocolate cake with ice-cream and mixed berries, and then fish and chips, and feel like absolute ****e now (didn't NEED any of it; that's why I ate BEFORE I went to work). I actually prefer eating clean and good. But I haven't managed to be able to stop binging for the last few years now (good thing I train hard, and it goes towards gains...)

Overall Sense of Feeling: Everything's stressing me out. And when I get stressed I feel doing nothing and binging perpetually...Right now I feel like any exercise I do is just maintaining my fitness (I haven't been this UNfit EVER!) Fcuking HATE it! And hate not having the energy to beat myself into the ground the way I used to (at least then it was from hard training, and burning the candle at both ends, and not from inexplicable fatigue!)

22. Day 66

0810 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x17 @ 60-65% HRmax @ 100 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (HR 80% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 2 min in 39x17 @ 100 rpm (HR dropped back to 65% HRmax)
    d. 10 min in 39x16 @ 75% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    Legs were sore this morning. Sore and fatigued. Cadence was pretty low. And HR stayed low as well. Really wanted to finish my session after 10 minutes. But I wouldn't let myself do LESS than 20 minutes. Feeling pretty miserable.

0834 - Stretch 23 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0700 (waking in 0330, 0400, and 0423), so ~8 hours sleep. Only about 10-15 minutes of irritation and itching last night, so it's getting better (FINALY!)...Absolutely tired when I woke up...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there today. My mind has been on OVERdrive...

Energy: Walked into town for an appointment this morning, and was shattered when I got home (wtf?) But not been needing too much energy for what I've been doing today. Was holding out for a run or the gym this evening, but can't be bothered (yes, you heard right)

Motivation: Diet has been good. I still feel like the the fattest b*tch out there, though

Mood/Aggression: Been pretty 'normal'...A few aggressive moments in there (and people wonder why I think nothing of doctors!)...Small 'happy' talking to you...

Stress: HIGH!

Libido: Some.

Joints: Good.

Quality of Training: Ok.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity pretty good...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms.

Body Composition and Look: I still hate my body!!!

Appetite: Just eating what I need to, when I need to. I don't feel like eating, and yet, at the same time I want to binge, but my mind doesn't want to, and...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Legs are pretty sore today, especially vastus lateralis and adductors (Saturday's resistance session kicking in, but at least hamstrings are not tight like last time I did high rep LLC)...Aside from diet, resistance is the next 'key' for me when it comes to being/staying lean. When I'm not doing that I don't get results nowhere near as effective, even when I AM being good with my diet (which is why I say that you DON'T need to do ANY cardio at all to lose fat, but just get your diet sorted and train hard and heavy with weights)...Anyways, feeling pretty worthless at the moment Slap in the face, girl. Where's the Rosie we're used to???

23. Let's put a SMILE on that FACE!

I am wearing this sign all day, just for you. So no more feeling worthless!

"It works if you work it! Work it, cause you're worth it!"

24. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Let's put a SMILE on that FACE!

I am wearing this sign all day, just for you. So no more feeling worthless!

"It works if you work it! Work it, cause you're worth it!"

Well, you definitely got a smile (and a laugh)

Thanks for your support, Kyle.

25. Day 67

0742 - 5.5km Run:
    Another run. First km in 4.77 minutes, second km dropping back to 5.07 minutes. After 3km I was just surviving, and dropped right back to 5.45 min/km; where I stayed at the for the rest of the run. Finished ready to collapse at the front door.

0816 - Stretch 28 min.

2034 - 5.5km Run:
    More hell. After this morning I wasn't so sure that this was the most sensible idea. However...My sister came with me. First km was done in 4.83 minutes, second km dropping back to 4.99 min/km pace; where we stayed at for the rest of the run. I was seriously working, and at 13 minutes lateral right knee was niggling, and I was favouring it a little. At 18 minutes I started falling behind by ~2 metres. Determined not to be left behind, I kept it up, and caught up. Finished absolutely slick and wet. But pleased with myself for going out and doing a run (instead of staying in watching DVD's and eating ice-cream, like I 'wanted' to...)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0631 (waking at 0021, 000, and 0423), so ~8.5 hours sleep...Woke irritated and itchy at 0021, which was the only time (short time) that I was like that yesterday (the reaction is certainly going!)...Dreaming (you know what I went to sleep thinking of ) Woke groggy and with a migraine. Again. I am really noticing the effects of NOT having my IGF-2...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Has been there all day. Applied for another job, and I actually want this one. It means relocation (but, before the US (and I got 'over' study), I'd planned on going there next year anyways for my Masters). Got an interview in just over a week (and I get to attend my best friend's graduation later that day...So, yep, expect me, Craig; maybe we can get that training session in )

Energy: Walked around town doing everything that I needed today. Not sure if it is the heat or something else, but I was almost 'out of it' after a short period. Nearly collapsed in the supermarket. Had the migraine return in the afternoon; it nearly deterred me from going for a second run...

Motivation: Great! Now I just need to get into the gym to lift some weights!!!

Mood/Aggression: Good mood all day. Talking to you has really helped lately

Stress: Still high. But decreased a little.

Libido: Not really high, but it's there...

Joints: Lateral right knee during my second run, but it was only a small niggle.

Quality of Training: The second time around was better

Pump and Vascularity: No pump (unless you count my leg after each runs)...Vascularity has been pretty good...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms.

Body Composition and Look: Still far too soft for me (and far from happy with my body). Lack of resistance training over the last few weeks has made a huge difference (to my eyes, at least). It won't take long to get back to hard definition (as long as my diet is good, and I'm doing resistance training 4-5 times a week), but it's frustrating in the process to get there...

Appetite: For the first time in a while, I'm actually going to look FORward to eating dinner, LOL.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Bit better. Still some apprehension re jobs and travel (as to be expected). But things looking up...

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I'm in the Club ...35 and over!!!!
    By Jaydela25 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
  2. An evaluation for the new year and goals
    By Joey0808 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 02:01 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 08:34 AM