Restoring Rosie: AN calls in the full cavalry (and a few extras)

Page 16 of 27 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Stretch out dem hammys and do it up!
    Will do. Thinking of going for a run this morning, but will probably end up on the rollers.

Anyways, how is your weekend going so far?
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Will do. Thinking of going for a run this morning, but will probably end up on the rollers.

Anyways, how is your weekend going so far?
    I won't say, because if I tell the truth I will be a huge disappointment to many individuals. Weekend from hell.
    Freedom means nothing here.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I won't say, because if I tell the truth I will be a huge disappointment to many individuals. Weekend from hell.
    Don't fall back in that world! You are better than that, and far stronger!
  4. Update on Supplements

Since there has been some confusion as to what I am using (and people missing what I'm taking (i.e. some thinking that I am missing the staples of protein powder and good fats - which were under 'Diet' in the first post) I am putting down what I am currently using from TODAY on. There are a few new supplements in there, and a few changes to ones I was using.

ESSENTIALS:

Creatine:
    NeoVar Recomped: 2 caps 30 min pre-gym, and 2 caps immediately post-gym, (on NON-gym days - 2 caps 30 min pre-cardio, and 2 caps immediately post-cardio); sometimes 4 caps last thing at night.

Protein Powder/BCAA's:
    Pro4 - 30g with breakfast (i.e. meal 1), 15-30g with meal 2, 15-30g with meal 4. (Note that it also contains L-Glutamine).

Good Fats:
    Flax Original - 1-2 tsps with breakfast.

Vitamins/Minerals:
    Activate Sport Multivitamin - 4 caps post-breakfast.
    Super Calcium Complex: 1 cap post-breakfast.

OTHER:

OsteoSport: 4 caps first thing in the morning.

RPM: 2 caps 80 min pre-gym.

Drive: 2 caps 80 min pre-gym, and 2 caps mid-afternoon.

Poseidon: 1 serve first thing in the morning, 1 serve 30 min pre-gym, and 1 serve last thing at night (on NON-gym days - 1 serve first thing in the morning, and 1 serve last thing at night).

IGF-2: 3 caps first thing in the morning, and 3 caps last thing at night.

Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps first thing in the morning, and 2 caps last thing at night.

Slin - 3 caps immediately post gym, and 2-3 caps 20-30 min pre-high-CHO meal later in the day (on NON-gym days - 3 caps 20-30 min pre-breakfast, and 2-3 caps 20-30 min pre-high-CHO meal later in the day).

Lean Xtreme: 1 cap first thing in the morning, 1 cap 30 min pre-gym, and 1 cap last thing at night (on NON-gym days - 1 cap first thing in the morning, 1 cap 4 hours post-waking, and 1 cap last thing at night).

Hot-Rox Extreme: 3-4 caps first thing in the morning, and 1 cap 45 min pre-lunch.

Vitamin B5: 5 grams first thing in the morning, and 5 grams immediately post-gym (on NON-gym days - 5 grams first thing in the morning, and 5 grams immediately post-cardio).
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

5. Day 43

0749 - Rollers:
    a. 2 min in 39x18 @ 50-55% HRmax @ 102-104 rpm
    b. 18 min in 39x17 @ 60-80% HRmax @ 102-104 rpm
    Just easy today. My hamstrings are still in so much pain that running is definitely NOT an option right now (although, if I was running, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much...)

0812 - Stretch 23 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0600, so ~8 hours sleep (what the normal person should be getting, LOL). Stayed in bed until 0635, because it was cold, and just enjoying being able to do so...My head had stopped spinning from last night (yeah, I got into bed last night and my head started spinning, like the feeling you get when someone's swinging you round and round or you're spinning round; and then my whole body got the same feeling; and it was NOT fun). Dreaming (funny the people that you see in your dreams). Deep sleep. Good.

Mental Alertness/Focus: I've been pretty there today. Been mostly doing work-related stuff though. No study yet. Which has me considering an all-nighter to get this logbook finished, becase at this rate I won't be done until Friday, and no study will be done either; and 4 days is NOT enough for THESE exams!!!

Energy: Had what I needed. A client today told me that I "looked shattered".

Motivation: Good.

Mood/Aggression: Pretty fcuked off in general...

Stress: As if study stress wasn't enough, work is starting to stress me out as well (hell, they KNOW I have Finals in two weeks, and that after that it will be OVER; wait until then to start making all your demands on my time!)

Libido: NOT THERE!

Joints: Ok.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Recovery.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity only a C-grade today...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Getting there.

Body Composition and Look: Arms looking better.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Walking is fcuking painful as anything, my hamstrings are THAT tight (even stretching does nothing!) Add that to my mood, and you have a deceptively calm tiger ready to attack anyone that approaches!!!

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Don't fall back in that world! You are better than that, and far stronger!
    No I'm not.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    No I'm not.
    YES, YOU ARE!!! (If I have to give you a good swift kick to get you out of that place I will!)

8. Day 44

0809 - Rollers:
    25 min in 39x17 @ 60-75% HRmax @ 104-106 rpm
    Hamstrings are still painful as, so cycling (instead of running) was really my only option this morning. (I DID consider making today this week's Day Off, since didn't really have one last week, but I NEED to be punishing myself SOMEHOW!)...This was just another 'recovery' session, with low cadence and HR, and generally not wanting to be doing it...

0839 - Stretch 22 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2100-0600, so ~9 hours sleep. Lay in bed for almost an hour before getting up, though, still a little sleepy...Dreams last night were unreal, and very sexual in nature...Hamstrings are still sore and tight as anything...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there. Not really wanting to be. Getting this done and then starting on logbook. The longer I leave to start studying, the more stressed I will end up being...

Energy: With my hamstrings still being as painful as they are (seriously, I can't even straighten my legs out!), not wanting to do much...

Mood/Aggression: Just flat, really.

Stress: High.

Libido: Increased stress and other things have made my body want to react in interesting ways. HEAD not really there, though...

Joints: Good.

Quality of Training: Ok. More recovery.

Pump and Vascularity: Not much pump...Vascularity was good from this morning though...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Good.

Body Composition and Look: Looking better. Lower body is still far from where I want it to be, but it'll get there (stop cycling, and start running again, some, girl). Slin is really decreasing any effects from binging...

Overall Sense of Feeling: "Let's just pretend like I give a **** and leave it at that." Yeah, I liked that t-shirt when I saw it too; summed my attitude of quite a few things over the last few months up pretty well...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    0809 - Rollers:
    25 min in 39x17 @ 60-75% HRmax @ 104-106 rpm
    Hamstrings are still painful as, so cycling (instead of running) was really my only option this morning. (I DID consider making today this week's Day Off, since didn't really have one last week, but I NEED to be punishing myself SOMEHOW!)...This was just another 'recovery' session, with low cadence and HR, and generally not wanting to be doing it...

0839 - Stretch 22 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2100-0600, so ~9 hours sleep. Lay in bed for almost an hour before getting up, though, still a little sleepy...Dreams last night were unreal, and very sexual in nature...Hamstrings are still sore and tight as anything...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there. Not really wanting to be. Getting this done and then starting on logbook. The longer I leave to start studying, the more stressed I will end up being...

Energy: With my hamstrings still being as painful as they are (seriously, I can't even straighten my legs out!), not wanting to do much...

Mood/Aggression: Just flat, really.

Libido: Increased stress and other things have made my body want to react in interesting ways. HEAD not really there, though...

Quality of Training: Ok. More recovery.

Pump and Vascularity: Not much pump...Vascularity was good from this morning though...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Good.

Body Composition and Look: Looking better. Lower body is still far from where I want it to be, but it'll get there (stop cycling, and start running again, some, girl). Slin is really decreasing any effects from binging...

Overall Sense of Feeling: "Let's just pretend like I give a **** and leave it at that." Yeah, I liked that t-shirt when I saw it too; summed my attitude of quite a few things over the last few months up pretty well...
    By seeing and believing in your absolute motivation, determination, and will... I am beginning to see more hope of getting through this time in my life.

Times when you literally have someone drag you out of bed even though you would rather die than get up... workouts where you truck along past the point of exhaustion... All of this exhibits will-power at it's best.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    By seeing and believing in your absolute motivation, determination, and will... I am beginning to see more hope of getting through this time in my life.

Times when you literally have someone drag you out of bed even though you would rather die than get up... workouts where you truck along past the point of exhaustion... All of this exhibits will-power at it's best.
    I'm glad that I can inspire you, Kyle.

My will-power is one of my greatest strengths. It is also one of my greatest weaknesses (so not always a good thing), and I just have to be careful that I don't destroy myself in the process sometimes.

11. Day 45

0853 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x17 @ 75% HRmax @ 116 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 4 min in 39x17 @ 85% HRmax @ 116 rpm
    d. 4 min in 39x17 @ 85-90% HRmax @ 120 rpm
    e. 4 min in 39x16 @ 90-95% HRmax @ 120 rpm
    f. 1 min in 39x17 @ 116 rpm (HR dropped back to 85% HRmax)
    I haven't done a HIIT session in what seems a loooong time. Decided that since my hamstrings felt better (yes, no pain on the bike today), I would give it a shot. Started out fairly fast (compared to the last few days' sessions), and legs handled it well. HR didn't take long to pick up. Efforts were ok; not great, but acceptable. I actually got better as they went along, with my LAST effort being the BEST! Afterwards, didn't let the pace/intensity drop too much. And did another 4 minutes of higher intensity (higher even than my efforts, and CONTINUOUS) to bring the session to a close. Actually really happy with that session.

0918 - Stretch 25 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2200-0734 (waking at 0330, 0400, and 0423), so ~ 9.5 hours sleep. Woke to the alarms, but barely registered them. Dreams were interesting. When woke for the final time I had the migraine from hell. Didn't want to get up, actually...

Mental Alertness/Focus: It's still early in the day. I would rather still be helping you out with your math than doing my assignments, LOL (I don't have to think with that). Anyways, study has to (and WILL) get done sometime today. Doing my log early, so I can concentrate (I just feel like going back to bed and sleeping some more, and doing study after lunch...)

Energy: The migraine when I woke up made me decided to make today my Day Off this week. Then, as I was reading through the Forums I decided that a Day Off was NOT acceptable, no matter how ****e I was feeling!...Migraine disappeared briefly while I was on the rollers, but came back after breakfast...Resistance sessions look to be four days in a row at the end of the week...

Motivation: I had a cheat meal last night, and it was nothing great at all; if anything, it made me want to stay on the CLEAN diet!

Mood/Aggression: Not really anything. Just tired.

Stress: High. And rising.

Libido: Also high. Also rising.

Endurance: Good. Once study is over I'm considering doing several weekly road rides over the Pahiatua Track again...

Quality of Training: Good!

Pump and Vascularity: Not much pump...Vascularity is great, though. Ropes over hands and forearms, and blue rivers across my legs...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Glutes and legs...

Body Composition and Look: Can see the leaning out in my upper body...I've been noticing over the last couple of days that I look the best (that day) at ~1200-1300...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I've actually felt like ****e the last couple of days, since upping the dose of Slin from 2 to 3 caps; however, the benefits are outweighing the negatives right now...Also, B5 has got to be the FOULEST tasting supplement I've ever had (seriously, I'd much rather uncap RPM and have THAT!)...Hamstrings are not as tight and sore as they have been. I actually didn't realize this until I was about to get on my bike this morning. They are still tender, but at least walking is fine, now. They should be right by Saturday, and another high rep session

12. Do you have a bigger size of your ava pic? I take it your the one in the front?

EDIT: i uncapped RPM once, never again! i thought i was going to vom!
    Last edited by Chub; 11-04-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

13. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Do you have a bigger size of your ava pic? I take it your the one in the front?

EDIT: i uncapped RPM once, never again! i thought i was going to vom!
    Yeah, I do. Why? And yes, I am, LOL.

Each to their own, I guess. RPM uncapped is far more pleasant than B5 powder!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yeah, I do. Why? And yes, I am, LOL.

Each to their own, I guess. RPM uncapped is far more pleasant than B5 powder!
    just curious i suppose

I uncapped them over the sink and chucked them on the back of my tongue, then i started gagging like a noob lol. I've not tried mixing them in liquid yet. I think i'll have to man up before trying that
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

15. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    just curious i suppose

I uncapped them over the sink and chucked them on the back of my tongue, then i started gagging like a noob lol. I've not tried mixing them in liquid yet. I think i'll have to man up before trying that
    I always mix powder with 300ml of water. Doesn't mean they taste any better, just easier to down (and then the taste doesn't linger in your mouth).

16. Day 46

0941 - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x17 @ 125 rpm
    Just got on the rollers and my body settled at a pace. 125 rpm it was. I decided to STAY at that cadence for the duration of the session. HR rose very rapidly, and kept rising until the twelfth minute, where it reached a 'peak', and then started decreasing again. So, HR for the session was: 4 minutes at 75-80% HRmax, 6 minutes @ 80-85% HRmax, 2 minutes @ 85-90% HRmax, and 8 minutes @ 85% HRmax. It was a good session. Hips were ok. Knees felt the cadence a little, but not enough to cause any damage. Very thirsty during the session. Felt reasonably ok afterwards.

1006 - Stretch 23 min.

2035 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets and supersets):
    1. BB FS 1 x 20
    2. B BS 1 x 40
    3. BB RD (on box) 2 x 20
    4. CG SR 2 x 20, 40
    5. P/U (feet on bench) 2 x 20
    6. BB SP 2 x 10, 20 SUPERSETTED WITH 7. DB LR 2 x 10, 20
    8. Dips 2 x 20 SUPERSETTED WITH 9. DB ZC 2 x 20
    10. PBJ 2 x 20
    Yep, a late session today, since I got up late this morning...Decided on Full-Body. I wasn't quite sure of the set-rep range I was going to do when I walked into the gym...Started on BB FS, and thought "what the hell; get 20 reps out". And after that, decided to DOUBLE the reps; which I did with BB BS...Moved to BB RD. Since high reps here isn't such a great idea, I decided to stick with 20 reps per set. Vascularity in forearms was starting to 'pick up' by the end of the second set...Onto CG SR. 20 reps. And the 40 reps. Forearms were absolutely SCREAMING by the 20th rep of the second set, and I seriously had to 'count' my way down through the reps to the finish...Kept the pattern going with P/U, with 20 reps per set. The last 5 reps of the second set were done VERY slowly, almost collapsing onto the floor after the last rep...With Shoulders I chose lower reps for BB SP, but quickly decided to make it a superset with DB LR, to make for 20 reps in total the 'first' set and 40 reps in total the 'second' set...Following the pattern I did a superset Dips and DB ZC. Dips were done with an extra 5kg (i.e. 11lb), and the second set was a battle from the 15th rep. DB ZC were good. Vascularity by the end of these was all knots and veins, and I have honestly never seen it so good during a weights session...Just for the hell of it, I finished with 2 x 40 of PBJ, done lightly and slowly...So, that's the high-rep session this week...Afterwards I got told that my face was a "funny grey colour". I almost felt like I was going to pass out, and not really too sure how well I would be able to stay awake for my planned all-nighter. But I was stoked that I'd done a resistance session today. Next one is at 0600 tomorrow morning...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2100-0819 (waking at 0330, 0400, 0423, 0730), so ~11.25 hours sleep. WTF!!! Woke shattered as anything. There's NO way I should be THIS fatigued or out-of-it, whatever; haven't even done a resistance session for four days! Bit of a headache on waking, but nothing compared to yesterday. Eyes had a red line running from side to side through the middle of each...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not really been there much today. It's been like yesterday: mind seems so out of focus. I've made some headway into my logbook (due tomorrow), but barely half (should have done it as I went along, I know). Going to stay up all night and finish it!

Energy: Energy today has been not a lot. No explanation for lack of, either. Had enough for the gym tonight, though (or maybe that was just me being a stubborn ***** and digging my heels in and saying "I AM doing this!")

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: A bit of aggression this afternoon. And a short period where I got upset. Not really a lot of anything else.

Libido: Not very high mentally. But my body is saying otherwise...

Joints: Knees a little achy, but only because I've been sitting cross-legged in front of my laptop for most of the day.

Quality of Training: Good. Both sessions.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was wicked in the gym, almost from the get go...Vascularity was the best I've seen it in the gym yet, with ropes in my forearms...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Especially glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Again, the Slin and NeoVar Recomped are working their magic in me not being bloated after a binge (and actually, I am finding that if I DON'T get in at least 150-200g of carbohydrates a day, then I DO feel (and look) a little bloated the next day! Weird). Hips and iliac spine starting to show some more 'definition'.

Appetite: Going to start adding this in, since it is becoming something important to note. The last few days I have had next to NO appetite at all. And I 'forget' to eat. And then it comes to night, and I still DON'T feel inclined to eat, but it somehow becomes a binge. Anyways, last night I was 'full' after some chips and only THREE pieces of pizza (and normally I would keep going after fries, a whole large pizza and a litre of ice-cream!), so that is saying something. The Lean Xtreme is seriously having an appetite suppressant effect on me; which is great, but NOT when I don't eat what I HAVE to!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Very tired. Very stressed (somehow I am getting really emotionally stressed lately, on top of study and work stress). Just wanting to be able to smile again and MEAN it!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    0941 - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x17 @ 125 rpm
    Just got on the rollers and my body settled at a pace. 125 rpm it was. I decided to STAY at that cadence for the duration of the session. HR rose very rapidly, and kept rising until the twelfth minute, where it reached a 'peak', and then started decreasing again. So, HR for the session was: 4 minutes at 75-80% HRmax, 6 minutes @ 80-85% HRmax, 2 minutes @ 85-90% HRmax, and 8 minutes @ 85% HRmax. It was a good session. Hips were ok. Knees felt the cadence a little, but not enough to cause any damage. Very thirsty during the session. Felt reasonably ok afterwards.

1006 - Stretch 23 min.

2035 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets and supersets):
    1. BB FS 1 x 20
    2. B BS 1 x 40
    3. BB RD (on box) 2 x 20
    4. CG SR 2 x 20, 40
    5. P/U (feet on bench) 2 x 20
    6. BB SP 2 x 10, 20 SUPERSETTED WITH 7. DB LR 2 x 10, 20
    8. Dips 2 x 20 SUPERSETTED WITH 9. DB ZC 2 x 20
    10. PBJ 2 x 20
    Yep, a late session today, since I got up late this morning...Decided on Full-Body. I wasn't quite sure of the set-rep range I was going to do when I walked into the gym...Started on BB FS, and thought "what the hell; get 20 reps out". And after that, decided to DOUBLE the reps; which I did with BB BS...Moved to BB RD. Since high reps here isn't such a great idea, I decided to stick with 20 reps per set. Vascularity in forearms was starting to 'pick up' by the end of the second set...Onto CG SR. 20 reps. And the 40 reps. Forearms were absolutely SCREAMING by the 20th rep of the second set, and I seriously had to 'count' my way down through the reps to the finish...Kept the pattern going with P/U, with 20 reps per set. The last 5 reps of the second set were done VERY slowly, almost collapsing onto the floor after the last rep...With Shoulders I chose lower reps for BB SP, but quickly decided to make it a superset with DB LR, to make for 20 reps in total the 'first' set and 40 reps in total the 'second' set...Following the pattern I did a superset Dips and DB ZC. Dips were done with an extra 5kg (i.e. 11lb), and the second set was a battle from the 15th rep. DB ZC were good. Vascularity by the end of these was all knots and veins, and I have honestly never seen it so good during a weights session...Just for the hell of it, I finished with 2 x 40 of PBJ, done lightly and slowly...So, that's the high-rep session this week...Afterwards I got told that my face was a "funny grey colour". I almost felt like I was going to pass out, and not really too sure how well I would be able to stay awake for my planned all-nighter. But I was stoked that I'd done a resistance session today. Next one is at 0600 tomorrow morning...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2100-0819 (waking at 0330, 0400, 0423, 0730), so ~11.25 hours sleep. WTF!!! Woke shattered as anything. There's NO way I should be THIS fatigued or out-of-it, whatever; haven't even done a resistance session for four days! Bit of a headache on waking, but nothing compared to yesterday. Eyes had a red line running from side to side through the middle of each...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not really been there much today. It's been like yesterday: mind seems so out of focus. I've made some headway into my logbook (due tomorrow), but barely half (should have done it as I went along, I know). Going to stay up all night and finish it!

Energy: Energy today has been not a lot. No explanation for lack of, either. Had enough for the gym tonight, though (or maybe that was just me being a stubborn ***** and digging my heels in and saying "I AM doing this!")

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: A bit of aggression this afternoon. And a short period where I got upset. Not really a lot of anything else.

Libido: Not very high mentally. But my body is saying otherwise...

Joints: Knees a little achy, but only because I've been sitting cross-legged in front of my laptop for most of the day.

Quality of Training: Good. Both sessions.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was wicked in the gym, almost from the get go...Vascularity was the best I've seen it in the gym yet, with ropes in my forearms...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Especially glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Again, the Slin and NeoVar Recomped are working their magic in me not being bloated after a binge (and actually, I am finding that if I DON'T get in at least 150-200g of carbohydrates a day, then I DO feel (and look) a little bloated the next day! Weird). Hips and iliac spine starting to show some more 'definition'.

Appetite: Going to start adding this in, since it is becoming something important to note. The last few days I have had next to NO appetite at all. And I 'forget' to eat. And then it comes to night, and I still DON'T feel inclined to eat, but it somehow becomes a binge. Anyways, last night I was 'full' after some chips and only THREE pieces of pizza (and normally I would keep going after fries, a whole large pizza and a litre of ice-cream!), so that is saying something. The Lean Xtreme is seriously having an appetite suppressant effect on me; which is great, but NOT when I don't eat what I HAVE to!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Very tired. Very stressed (somehow I am getting really emotionally stressed lately, on top of study and work stress). Just wanting to be able to smile again and MEAN it!
    That was a long post... damn. How is the binge-eating effecting your composition? It seems like you're working it off for the most part Rosie. BTW, nice avatar. Best one yet

18. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    That was a long post... damn. How is the binge-eating effecting your composition? It seems like you're working it off for the most part Rosie. BTW, nice avatar. Best one yet
    Yeah, as they are, LOL...It hasn't been too bad, actually; I've been up and down, and am now ~11% BF (still higher than I would like; but I've gained some more muscle too, so it makes me appear at what I used to look like at ~9-10% BF a few months ago)...Thank you. Must be the smile

19. Day 47

2104 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
    1. Alt. DBL - backward 2 x 24
    2. BB RD (on box) 2 x 12
    3. WG LPD 4 x 12
    4 Cable Crossovers 4 x 12
    5. DB LR 4 x 12
    6. O/H C/R T/Ext 4 x 12 SUPERSETTED WITH 7. Cable Bicep Curl (CBC) 4 x 12
    Yep, another late session (since wasn't awake this morning, and spent the day on my logbook)...In the few hours preceding the gym I was actually feeling pretty shattered, and wondering how I would go. And in the hour leading up to the gym I was in so much of a state that I WELCOMED it! IN the gym, all fatigue and lethargy seemed to evaporate, and I went about my session...Started with Legs, and Alt. DBL. Two sets of them and onto BB RD (today was 4 x 12). Done with ease, and just starting to break a sweat. Vascularity was starting to come out to play by the end of BB RD, especially in forearms and biceps...To WG LPD, where my hands were sweating so much that I actually had to pause a few times and readjust my grip, before going on. Managed all sets, though...Cable Crossovers. After each set vascularity seemed to get better (not during, but AFTER), with knots (and veins started looking like my Dad's ones do). I was gritting my teeth and really digging for it on the last couple of sets, trying to draw on as much aggression as possible...DB LR were done easily enough (weight increase next time), and vascularity continued to get better...O/H C/R T/Ext and CBC superset. Arms were so pumped already, and after each set of CBC, just got moreso...If the gym didn't close at 2200, I would have stayed and done a few miles on the treadmill, just to let loose all that pent up energy that was brewing inside me. Actually, I planned on getting on my rollers for ~20 minutes when I got home, but half-way back, the fatigue suddenly kicked in, and I was back to feeling like a steamroller had flattened me...Good session, though...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0030-0634 (waking at 0400 and 0423), so ~6 hours sleep. Yes, last night, not long after I'd finished posting my log, the fatigue suddenly washed over me, and I was almost passing out at the laptop. So went to bed, where I couldn't fall asleep (I felt like I have been lately during the day, where I just want to sleep, but I can't), and ended up tossing and turning until ~0030. I was having trouble breathing, as I have the last few nights (and during the days); and I've been told that sometimes I actually DO stop breathing when I'm sleeping (which doesn't sound too good, but is something I'll pull through). Dreams were strange and tormented. And woke feeling absolutely shattered and in no way wanting to be doing any study or assignments of any kind...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Spent most of the day writing up my logbook (and having regular breaks). After that mind wasn't really into anything...

Energy: Hamstrings are a lot less tight than they have been, so walking is no longer painful; but I can still feel them 'tug' when I stretch, and they are nowhere near as loose as they usually are...Not really had much energy today, except for in the gym...

Motivation: Little more enthusiasm, please...

Mood/Aggression: It's been an emotional rollercoaster over the last few days, and I'm just left feeling flat, drained, and empty...

Libido: Not there at all.

Joints: Just knees a little, from spending hours in from of my laptop on the floor...

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: Ok, considering how late it was and how I had been feeling all day prior...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump good...Vascularity trumped even last night...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts looked a bit harder in the gym.

Body Composition and Look: Upper back and chest is where I'm seeing the most noticeable changes...

Appetite: NONE. ALL DAY. Very UNcharacteristic of me. I've been very thirsty, though.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I just want to keep abusing my body until all the pain is gone...

20. You know if you have sleep apnea then a sleep study will show it. The machine they give you to fix that is simple and it would explain all the fatigue issues. And it would be an easy fix.

I'm with you on the tired and unable to sleep thing. It sucks!

21. Crader is right. Sleep apnea is actually fairly common and is a fairly easy fix. I as well have sleep problems. Since my deployments to Iraq, mainly flying casualty evacuations, I have become an insomniac and take ambien now.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

22. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    You know if you have sleep apnea then a sleep study will show it. The machine they give you to fix that is simple and it would explain all the fatigue issues. And it would be an easy fix.

I'm with you on the tired and unable to sleep thing. It sucks!
    Well, it would be good to STOP the fatigue!

23. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Well, it would be good to STOP the fatigue!
    I know a ton of people with sleep apnea and fatigue was the number one complaint. If it is that then a simple mask you wear to bed fixes the issue and keeps you from dying in your sleep! I would say worth it!

Maybe it could be that simple for you?!

24. My mother has sleep apnea and is also diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome.... get it checked out when you can, for sure.

25. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I know a ton of people with sleep apnea and fatigue was the number one complaint. If it is that then a simple mask you wear to bed fixes the issue and keeps you from dying in your sleep! I would say worth it!

Maybe it could be that simple for you?!
    It's not that simple, Christine (I wish it were). There are so many other things fcuked up with me, that I just try to ignore them most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    My mother has sleep apnea and is also diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome.... get it checked out when you can, for sure.
    Yeah, the doctor ran a few more tests. Pretty much it's just waiting and the doctors being useless.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I'm in the Club ...35 and over!!!!
    By Jaydela25 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 02:23 PM
  2. An evaluation for the new year and goals
    By Joey0808 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2