2 DAYS ON RECREATE/PWFULL/AP-feeling like an alpha FE-MALE !!!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
After 2 weeks of anxious waiting (and constant over-the-phone-abuse :aargh: of the supplement store for doing a major stuff-up with my order), my USP stack finally arrived. I have never been so excited to try a supplement stack before (and believe me I tried sooooo much stuff it HURTS my head just to think about it…not to mention my bank account). This was a scary feeling because great expectations always come along with an even greater risk of disappointment.
After being ONLY 2 DAYS on RECREATE/PwFULL/AP, I can only say this: USP Labs :box::box::box::clap2::clap2::hammer:

First of all I've been suffering from Adrenal Fatigue for A VERY LONG TIME, due to overtraining and caffeine abuse. In fact, I can’t remember a day in the last couple of years where I’ve managed to escape from the mid-afternoon abyss of lethargy. In the past, the thing that would get me going in the gym was coffee…and lots of it. Outside of the gym by and large I used to feel like a total lazy slob and getting through the day was generally a major challenge. :sad:

I followed the USP instructions and planned the supplementation as follows (starting with 2AP&3PwFULL/day in the first week, will increase that to 3AP&4PwFULL/day in the following weeks, Recreate will stay at 3/day)

1. 30min b4 morning cardio: 1PwFULL +2Recreate (cardio 20-30min, HIT)

2. Following cardio and 30min b4 breakfast: 1AP (protein shake+40g complex carbs)

3. 30min b4 workout (approx 1hr after pre-WO meal):
1Recreate+2PwFULL

4. Immediately Post-WO & 30min b4 post-WO meal: 1AP
Post-WO meal: same as breakfast

OK, so after 1st day on RECREATE/PwFULL/AP I felt like jumping out of my skin !!! I had an energy rush throughout the day without any crashes. It wasn’t steady though, to my uttermost surprise, it peaked right at the “usual crisis time”, mid-afternoon just after lunch (~4-5hrs after taking the first Recreate dose, forgot the morning PwFULL, oh well…). I was totally stoked, I couldn’t wait to hit the gym !!! There was a second peak in energy around 9PM (~4-5hrs following the pre-WO Recreate/PwFULL dose). Interestingly, on day 2 of supplementation, the timing of the two “energy peaks” was EXACTLY the same as on day 1 !!! Addition of PwFULL had an interesting effect: euphoria :woohoo: :head: :woohoo: :head:, it was like being on alcohol but without side effects :p (like I said, on day 1 I forgot the morning dose of PwFULL and I wasn’t euphoric). The effect of the stack on the gym workout was more noticeable on day 2. The drive to lift weights and to go further out of the comfort zone was increased. This is something I’ve experienced before however, NEVER on an EMPTY stomach. Which brings me to the appetite suppression effect of Recreate. It kicked in from the first dosing !!!! I usually workout around 5PM and have a big pre-WO shake 1hr before. After taking Recreate hunger was diminished, I had lunch @2PM and then @4PM I basically FORCED myself to down ½ of the usual pre-WO shake. I took the 2nd Recreate/PwFULL dose as planned, 30min b4 workout and I was amazed at the endurance I had in the gym. The workout was legs and back (very basic stuff: deads, front squats, leg curls, leg ext, pull-ups). 2nd day, out of curiosity, I decided to omit the pre-WO shake altogether, instead I just had a cup of decaff with some milk. Same thing happened, endurance was great and I was smashing the weights (decided to do legs and back again cause I felt like self mutilation, :saw: haha ! started off with walking db lunges, then superset: Pendlay Row+Overhead squat, deads superset with db jumping lunges, unilateral leg press). With AP, the effects really kicked in on the 2nd day, after dose 2 (post-WO). Approximately 1hr after the post-WO meal I got severely hypoglycemic (even though the amount of carbs was the same as with previous dosings). Usually, if I’m hypoglycemic I am as pleasant to deal with as a cornered cobra. Not on this occasion, I was still euphoric from Recreate/PwFULL and was dancing and jumping around like a lunatic :dance: :fool2: as I was preparing my dinner (USPlabs reps, are you sure all substances in this stack are legal ? :lol:). Not sure yet if I’ll start a proper log but I will definitely be posting updates on this ! I’m so ecstatic to be officially a part of the USP supp addict crowd :thumbsup:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Alpha FE-MALE! Love it! Good luck with this! :)

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great mini-review. Anxious to see your upcoming results!

As i have said on AM before, my girlfriend has used AP/RC for months and loves it...

Maybe i will throw some PF in the mix for her....

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Great mini-review. Anxious to see your upcoming results!
Me too !!!! It is well after midnight here in Australia and it is a long wait till my next Powerfully Recreated morning cardio. I want to do it NOW !!! :lol:

As i have said on AM before, my girlfriend has used AP/RC for months and loves it...
Maybe i will throw some PF in the mix for her....
No you shouldn't, I want to be the only alpha FE-MALE...oooops, sorry borobulker, I'm not usually like this, maybe I took too much PWF... :icon_lol:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! Good luck to you too, with recovering :) What is the injury ?
Thank you! I ruptured my hamstring 11 days ago. Gonna be a bit of a process getting back to normal, but I'm finally off bed rest this week, and I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time since my accident. One day at a time... :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great stuff so far DragonFly - as far as I know you're the first female to log this stack!

I'll be following the adventures of the Alpha-Female for sure!.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
I am now at the beginning of DAY 5 of the stack and feel an urge to give some updates.
The addition of PwFULL to Recreate definitely gives an euphoric kick.
Within 30min of PwFULL dose it feels like an atomic bomb of willpower, positive energy and excessive happiness had been unleashed. This effect does not ware out significantly after the morning HIIT cardio, I’m actually getting concerned that I payed big bucks for high quality capped booze :drunk:
:cheers: USPlabs :thumbsup:

Seriously, I’m planning on cutting back the dose because it is a bit too much to handle at the moment, especially in the morning, when I get to work (my colleagues have already asked me to share my secret “drugs” with them) :lol: So, instead of dosing 2Recreate/1PwFULL I’ll experiment with a)1Recreate/1PwFULL and b ) 2Recreate only, and see if that results in a "more down-to-earth" me. Otherwise I'll have to change my signature 'cause I have no attitude problems now :p The pre-gym afternoon dose will stay the same 1Recreate/2PwFULL.

Now, about sleep patterns. For years I’ve had difficulty falling asleep. Usually toss and turn for 1hr before coming down with a shallow, restless sleep. Quite often I’d be waking up at odd hours for no particular reason. Because of this, if I had gotten ANYTHING LESS THAN 8hrs of sleep per night (and I literally mean that), the day after I’d have the mental clarity and energy of a retarded turtle ! A shot of coffee would kind-of-fix that (non-retarded turtle).

Adding PwFULL made falling asleep easy. Also, sleep has been deep and uninterrupted now. Interestingly, to my outmost astonishment, sleeping time has dramatically DE-CREASED (since beginning of the stack: 7.5hrs, 7.5hrs, 6hrs, 7hrs) with no decrease in energy . Quite the opposite, I’m more switched on than EVER b4 in my life !!!!!!! I feel like :

[nomedia]//http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=58CJih1iYC0[/nomedia]

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a cool log.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha - now you know what we're all on about!

Just wait until the techno-graphic dreams kick in - often, erm (hushed voice) a bit x-rated!

I'm not too sure if PowerFull or ReCreate dosages are weight dependent, but perhaps initially dropping down the dose is the way to go. I found with PowerFull you do start building a tollerance - the new 5/2 dosing protocol helps mitigate that effect to a degree.

:thumbsup:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
This is a cool log.
Thanks !!! So is your meal log! The pressure's on now, it looks like it will be a proper log :D Let us know how your gf responds to PwFULL, if she decides to take it. Some alpha FE-MALE competition would be most :welcome:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
haha - now you know what we're all on about!
Just wait until the techno-graphic dreams kick in - often, erm (hushed voice) a bit x-rated!
Actually, errr..maybe better keep this one to myself :rofl:

I'm not too sure if PowerFull or ReCreate dosages are weight dependent, but perhaps initially dropping down the dose is the way to go. I found with PowerFull you do start building a tollerance - the new 5/2 dosing protocol helps mitigate that effect to a degree.

:thumbsup:
So I thought, I'm planning on taking PwFULL only on weight training days (4x a week) and I'll run Recreate 8-12 weeks on/4 off depending on how I feel.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha i will let you know.

she is not currently training or 'dieting' but she has been using ReCreate and Anabolic-Pump. We have a crazy busy semester so maybe in January she will start again.

Thanks for the props on the mlog!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
haha i will let you know.

she is not currently training or 'dieting' but she has been using ReCreate and Anabolic-Pump. We have a crazy busy semester so maybe in January she will start again.
Good luck to both of you, I hate when work/study gets in the way of training. I got a month off before starting a new job so with extra time on my hands I figured it is a perfect chance to experiment with this stack. By the time I start working again I'll know better how my body reacts to it so it will be easier to plan training around work.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Sleepiness started creeping up around 2pm and I believe it was due to partial exhaustion caused by the “excessive kick” from the morning dose of 2Recreate/1PwFULL.

Took my second dose (1Recreate/1PwFULL) at 4PM and hit the gym at 4:30PM.

Today was a chest/tri’s/bi’s day, the one I HATE the most !

Alertness - great,
Positive aggression – up, up, up, to the roof !!!
Workout notes – set PB on bench press !!!
Post workout notes – not voraciously hungry as I have been prior running this stack, Recreate definitely does its job (and again, only had half of the usual pre-workout shake)
Overall mood – still :djparty:

Need to elaborate on “workout notes”, the BP has always been my weakest link and I’ve been working extra-hard to get over a long and frustrating plateau. For the last 4 weeks I swapped the standard BP for a chained BP. Today was the first day that I attempted the standard BP again. While I do think that the chained training strategy was a major contributing factor in achieving my PB, the supp stack pushed me further to blow a few extra reps

After warming up, I did 3 sets, 88lb, reps to failure 6/5/5 (I almost felt like stopping at the 3rd or 4th rep in each of the 3 sets but there was a firm voice in my head screaming: DON’T YOU EVEN DARE !!!).

Prior to this my standard bench was 82lb, reps to failure 7/6/5

NEVER EVER have I attempted 88lb on my own, and even with a spotter, the max I’d pull out was 4 reps !

Today as I set the bar at 88lb I just thought to myself: I don’t need a spotter, GRRRR!!! I’m the FE-MALE :smite: running POWERFULL and I’m here to freakin’ lift whatever weight I set my mind to lift !!!! :head:

And so I did, and it felt bloody AWESOME !!!! :woohoo:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Awesome workout!! Congrats on the PR! Looks like things are continuing to go quite well for you! :)

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Shaddow, looks like you are not doing bad yourself
Injured. But rehabbing.
:)

I had a look at your stack and I though: whoaaa, I wouldn't mind some Anabolic Edge and Activate Xtreme but I got to force my self to take it eeeeasy on supps :lol:

I love the Palo Alto promo line for AE:
Let's face it. Your body hates extra muscle. ...the body requires more protein and sleep and it has to strengthen the joints, ligaments and tendons, it also takes 100 calories each day to maintain one pound of muscle.
Yeah, what a pain in the a$$ !!!
Compare that to the body's favorite tissue: fat, the most dense source of stored energy and a reserve fuel tank for the body in time of crisis. The body loves fat; it's easy to store, easy to maintain, and one pound of fat is 3500 extra calories for a rainy day.
How well I know that :aargh: No matter how hard I lift and eat, my "female" biochemistry is always inclined in storing fat rather than building muscle. It has been a very tough war against genetics so far but I'm not giving up, regardless what my body PREFERS to do, I'll keep yelling at it TO SHUT UP AND LIFT !!!! :clean:

Having said that, I'm a bit annoyed that lot of the "anabolic muscle building products" are marketed towards males exclusively:

Q. How do I take Anabolic Edge?

For males under 200lbs:
For best results, take 2 tablets, 2 times per day. For best results, maintain use of Anabolic Edge for 4 to 8 weeks.

For males over 200lbs:
For best results, take 3 tablets, 2 times per day. For best results, maintain use of Anabolic Edge for 4 to 8 weeks.
Seriously :wtf:, looking at the list of ingredients, there is no reason for women to avoid these products! Quite on the contrary, any female who is serious about building muscle would very likely benefit from this type of supplementation.

I know there is a stigma around testosterone boosters in women but I think it is highly overrated. First, a natural test booster is unlikely to blow up women's testosterone levels out of control (in contrast to steroids). Furtermore, most of these test-boosting ingredients have other useful properties.

Resveratrol for example, is a potent antioxidant and thus an anticancer agent. Indole-3-carbinol has also anticancer properties.

As far as hormone balance is concerned, well, high estrogen levels are not good for women either. This is particularly relevant in today's world given the high exposure of both men and women to xenoestrogens-industrial pollutants that have estrogen-like activities. As such, xenoestrogens have been linked to an increased risk of developing breast cancer in women and testicular cancer in men.
Furthermore, detoxification of these xenoestrogens puts an additional stress on the liver, thus, supplementation with compounds that promote the break down of excess estrogen has general health benefits.

I know it is too early for me to ring the bells on the benefits of my stack...ooops, but I'm alredy doing that :p ...

I LOOOVE my PowerFULL :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And now for the FEmale influence in the log...

Hiya, lady. I just noticed your log. Nice to see another female (who looks to become a 'regular') logger (most of them disappear after a while).

I have recently been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (it was initially suspected that it was adrenal fatigue), so I'm particularly interested in seeing how you get on.

...Some alpha FE-MALE competition would be most :welcome:
Bring it on, chick! :aargh:

...I know there is a stigma around testosterone boosters in women but I think it is highly overrated. First, a natural test booster is unlikely to blow up women's testosterone levels out of control (in contrast to steroids). Furtermore, most of these test-boosting ingredients have other useful properties....
I agree with you completely. But most people seem to have the idea that increased testosterone in a female is like whoah (they never realize how little testosterone a female actually has, and that any increases are INsignificant, compared to an increase in testosterone in a male).

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Hiya, lady. I just noticed your log. Nice to see another female (who looks to become a 'regular') logger (most of them disappear after a while).
Hey Rosie, well yes, it is a bit too late to pull out now, I need to maintain my "tough chick" reputation :lol: I think logs are an awesome motivational "kick-in-the-butt" tool. Failure IS NOT an option because we'd swallow broken glass before we'd admit defeat in the eyes of others. It is human nature ! ;)

I have recently been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (it was initially suspected that it was adrenal fatigue), so I'm particularly interested in seeing how you get on.
Chronic/adrenal fatigue has been a rope around my neck for way too long. The stack is making a big difference but I'm not going to use it as an excuse to keep bashing my body and not giving it enough time to recover. Like you, I have been having hard time dealing with stress and I really do not know how to relax, my mind is always too busy ... This is an area that needs improvement. However, with Recreate/PowerFULL I am getting this overwhelming feeling of happyness. This in itself reduces stress and makes dealing with everyday crap in life much easier. I wouldn't want to get too addicted to the pills, to the point where I would think - I am only the way I am thanks to some smart biochemist in USP labs :lol:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Shaddow, looks like you are not doing bad yourself :)

I had a look at your stack and I though: whoaaa, I wouldn't mind some Anabolic Edge and Activate Xtreme but I got to force my self to take it eeeeasy on supps :lol:
Yeah, I was really looking forward to running the stack and breaking some PR's, but it'll have to wait a few more weeks, and will likely be a "rehab/getting back up to par" log now.

I love the Palo Alto promo line for AE: Yeah, what a pain in the a$$ !!! How well I know that :aargh: No matter how hard I lift and eat, my "female" biochemistry is always inclined in storing fat rather than building muscle. It has been a very tough war against genetics so far but I'm not giving up, regardless what my body PREFERS to do, I'll keep yelling at it TO SHUT UP AND LIFT !!!! :clean:
That is a pretty cool promo line, huh? Women definitely get the short end of the stick in the muscle building department though. But one thing's for sure -- you've definitely got the right attitude! :thumbsup:

Having said that, I'm a bit annoyed that lot of the "anabolic muscle building products" are marketed towards males exclusively:

Seriously :wtf:, looking at the list of ingredients, there is no reason for women to avoid these products! Quite on the contrary, any female who is serious about building muscle would very likely benefit from this type of supplementation.

I know there is a stigma around testosterone boosters in women but I think it is highly overrated. First, a natural test booster is unlikely to blow up women's testosterone levels out of control (in contrast to steroids). Furtermore, most of these test-boosting ingredients have other useful properties.

Resveratrol for example, is a potent antioxidant and thus an anticancer agent. Indole-3-carbinol has also anticancer properties.

As far as hormone balance is concerned, well, high estrogen levels are not good for women either. This is particularly relevant in today's world given the high exposure of both men and women to xenoestrogens-industrial pollutants that have estrogen-like activities. As such, xenoestrogens have been linked to an increased risk of developing breast cancer in women and testicular cancer in men.
Furthermore, detoxification of these xenoestrogens puts an additional stress on the liver, thus, supplementation with compounds that promote the break down of excess estrogen has general health benefits.
I don't know, nor do I want to pretend I know, much about the safety of women taking such products, but it would be cool if women could safely take these products as well. I'm sure products like this, if truly safe, would be a great addition to any woman's arsenal!

I know it is too early for me to ring the bells on the benefits of my stack...ooops, but I'm alredy doing that :p ...

I LOOOVE my PowerFULL :D
:woohoo:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was really looking forward to running the stack and breaking some PR's, but it'll have to wait a few more weeks, and will likely be a "rehab/getting back up to par" log now.
You'll be back in the game before you know it, just make sure you take it easy, but not TOO easy :)

That is a pretty cool promo line, huh? Women definitely get the short end of the stick in the muscle building department though. But one thing's for sure -- you've definitely got the right attitude! :thumbsup:
Thanks, attitude is all that matters here anyway, it is useless to :rant: about things you can't change such as one's genetics

I don't know, nor do I want to pretend I know, much about the safety of women taking such products, but it would be cool if women could safely take these products as well. I'm sure products like this, if truly safe, would be a great addition to any woman's arsenal!
I'll let you know if at any point during this log I start growing facial hair or develop a sudden passion for fixing car's engines :lol:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Rosie, well yes, it is a bit too late to pull out now, I need to maintain my "tough chick" reputation :lol: I think logs are an awesome motivational "kick-in-the-butt" tool. Failure IS NOT an option because we'd swallow broken glass before we'd admit defeat in the eyes of others. It is human nature ! ;)

Chronic/adrenal fatigue has been a rope around my neck for way too long. The stack is making a big difference but I'm not going to use it as an excuse to keep bashing my body and not giving it enough time to recover. Like you, I have been having hard time dealing with stress and I really do not know how to relax, my mind is always too busy ... This is an area that needs improvement. However, with Recreate/PowerFULL I am getting this overwhelming feeling of happyness. This in itself reduces stress and makes dealing with everyday crap in life much easier. I wouldn't want to get too addicted to the pills, to the point where I would think - I am only the way I am thanks to some smart biochemist in USP labs :lol:
You are NEVER the way you are because of some pills. It's the willpower and character and personality that makes a person. Anyways, yes, you will get through it. And yes, failure is NEVER an option. But not everyone thinks like that.

:toofunny:

My mother wouldn't be too pleased if she knew how much time I've been spending playing with weights, she'd prefer to have grandchildren :lol: (love my mum though :))

Awesome having both you and Rosie on board :thumbsup:
My mum hates it as well. I'm not the already married housewife with children that she wanted me to be. Stuff that! I NEVER want to be that...Anyways, before a rant :D good to be here...

...I don't know, nor do I want to pretend I know, much about the safety of women taking such products, but it would be cool if women could safely take these products as well. I'm sure products like this, if truly safe, would be a great addition to any woman's arsenal!...
Females can most DEFINITELY USE these products safely! However, like with anything else, there is 'hype' that females are so different to males and that anything that will help a male will be detrimental to a female (or, even worse, make her 'like a male', which is a ****load of ****). People need to educate themselves. (yes, a small Rosie rant). And yes, they can be a great thing for a female to have on board.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Females can most DEFINITELY USE these products safely! However, like with anything else, there is 'hype' that females are so different to males and that anything that will help a male will be detrimental to a female (or, even worse, make her 'like a male', which is a ****load of ****). People need to educate themselves. (yes, a small Rosie rant). And yes, they can be a great thing for a female to have on board.
We're still talking about the test boosters I'm planning to take (Anabolic Edge, Activate Xtreme, Divanex), right?

I was just saying I have no idea whether or not women can safely take test boosters. If they can, I don't understand why they'd be marketed EXCLUSIVELY for men either. It would seem to me like supplement companies would be missing out on some profit, and women would not be getting a fair look at all of their options.

People need to educate themselves. (yes, a small Rosie rant).
I haven't had any reason to educate myself as to what women can/cannot take because I'm a dude! :p But I'm interested to know, none the less! :)

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Nice job-Keep us updated on your progress.:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're still talking about the test boosters I'm planning to take (Anabolic Edge, Activate Xtreme, Divanex), right?

I was just saying I have no idea whether or not women can safely take test boosters. If they can, I don't understand why they'd be marketed EXCLUSIVELY for men either. It would seem to me like supplement companies would be missing out on some profit, and women would not be getting a fair look at all of their options.

I haven't had any reason to educate myself as to what women can/cannot take because I'm a dude! :p But I'm interested to know, none the less! :)
Yep, females CAN use testosterone boosters safely. The testosterone increase in a female would be insignificant enough to cause any side effects seen by the use of steroids. Besides, testosterone is useful in a female.

It also depends on the individual, though. Nettle root (the active ingredient in Activate Extreme and Divanex) can interfere with the menstrual cycle and decrease the effectiveness of BC, which is why they recommend it for males only. But there is no reason why females cannot use these products.

Well, they say that "you learn something new every day". :D

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Yep, females CAN use testosterone boosters safely. The testosterone increase in a female would be insignificant enough to cause any side effects seen by the use of steroids. Besides, testosterone is useful in a female.

It also depends on the individual, though. Nettle root (the active ingredient in Activate Extreme and Divanex) can interfere with the menstrual cycle and decrease the effectiveness of BC, which is why they recommend it for males only. But there is no reason why females cannot use these products.

Well, they say that "you learn something new every day". :D
I will take your word for it! Thanks for the lesson, Rosie! :)

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Since I’ve already decided to do a proper log, I should introduce myself and my goals properly as well, for those of you who don’t know me all that well :wave:

I’m a biochem nerd, gym junkie and amateur mountainbike racer. I have been training with weights for about a year and a half and made some reasonable gains. I took on weight training mainly as a stress relief strategy and never thought that it would soon become a major focus in my life. I would REEEALYYYY like to compete one day but at the moment I just don’t have enough muscle to show off.

At the moment, I am ~120lb and 13-15% BF. Being a female I find it hard to put on muscle (that is relatively speaking, I’m certainly not an ectomorph woman). Most of my workouts involve compound movements, deads, squats, chins, powercleans, etc (max dead 165lb, 6reps). I see guys in the gym all the time, lifting less then I do in terms of their bodyweight and yet they grow like weeds even with bad form!

I seem to be a Carb II Reactive individual (damn it!!!), I do gain some minute amount of muscle when I increase carbs but 99% excess of this goes straight into my butt (haha! I feel like the whole 13-15% of my fat is there :aargh: :aargh: :rant: :rant: :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

….which brings me to my mission “impossible” : lean bulk .... :think: I bet nobody guessed that one! :stick:

My choice of weapons are PowerFULL, AP & Recreate :duel:

Other than that, my current list of supps is the following :

* BCAA, glutamine, b-alanine, arginine ethyl ester, colostrum

* ALCAR, Q10, fish oil

* MRM Driven (workout formula: Na, K, Ca, P, Cl, vit B complex, vit C, Citrulline
Malate, Dimethylglycine&Endosine, ALCAR,L-Tyrosine, Alpha—glycerol phosphatidyl choline, L-glutamine, L-asparagine, L-Potassium Aspartate)

* Nutralife Oxyguard (gingko, bilberry, milk thistle, grapeseed, green tea, turmeric, korean&siberian ginseng, citrus bioflavonoids, betacarotene)

* Nutralife horse chestnut complex (horse ch, ginkgo, bilberry, butchers broom, gotu kola, hesperidin, vit C),

* liver support formula, bromelain​

Holy smoke, I only just realized how much $hit I’m taking ! :jaw:

DIET(6 meals/day):

*Protein (kangaroo, fish, organic chicken, WHOLE eggs),
*Fats (flaxseed, fish oil, nuts, coconut),
*Carbs:
Veggies (ALL OF THEM !!!)
Complex carbs (oats, brown rice, wholemeal and rye bread)
Fruit (grapefruit, apples and berries).​

Now don’t ask me about macros because I’m not a true calorie counter, instead I like to “listen to my body” and generally have quite a good idea when I under- or over-do it, especially the later :lol: Since my main current goal is muscle building rather than cutting that should work to my advantage, haha !!!. I’m hoping that AP and PwFULL will help in the muscle-building department and the “synergy” of AP& Recreate should keep fat storage under restraint !

TRAINING:

4 x week: weights
HIIT Morning cardio 3 x week
*Cardio on off days

*I know that looks like a lot of cardio but I don’t have a car so I ride my bike everywhere, + my body is used to that ;)

SUPPLEMENTATION:

1. 30min b4 morning cardio: 1PowerFULL + Recreate (1 or 2, still experimenting)
2. Immediately b4 cardio: 1AP (cardio 20-30min, HIT)
3. Breakfast: includes complex carbs

4. 20-30min b4 third meal/pre-training meal: 1AP
Meal includes complex carbs

5. 10min b4 workout (approx 1hr after third meal):
Recreate+PowerFULL (depending on what I dose in the morning, do not want to go over 3 Recreate/day, same with PowerFULL)

6. Workout drink:
10g BCAA+5g glutamine+ALCAR+, b-alanine, arginine, ethyl ester)

7. Immediately PWO & 30min b4 PWO meal: 1AP
PWO meal: includes complex & simple carbs​

PowerFULL and Recreate are separated at least an hour from meals. With AP I am planning to start off with 30-40g of carbs per meal and ramp it up according to response. On NON-WEIGHT training days PowerFULL would be omitted, but I would still take Recreate and AP.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
….which brings me to my mission “impossible” : lean bulk .... :think: I bet nobody guessed that one! :stick:
Your training and nutrition are spot on. This is going to be an extremely successful 'trip'...

We are all rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2::woohoo:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your training and nutrition are spot on. This is going to be an extremely successful 'trip'...

Breaking PBs - great stuff DF! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I see no reason why females (Alpha Fe-Males no less) should not be taking natural test boosters either.

But Im thinking of a NEW product that is not a test booster per se, that to my knowledge hasn't been used by females....:woohoo:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But Im thinking of a NEW product that is not a test booster per se, that to my knowledge hasn't been used by females....:woohoo:
I like the way you think...

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks FELLOW MALES, borobulker and JKP, words of approval are always welcome, and constructive criticism even more so ;)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks FELLOW MALES, borobulker and JKP, words of approval are always welcome, and constructive criticism even more so ;)
Once your body has become accustomed to AP, you may wish to try taking it pre fasted cardio - there is some synergies there which can ellicit greater fat-burning potential.

However, you need to ensure your body can handle at least 45 minutes (in my opinion - you may wish to check with one of the reps) between dosage and carb consumption without going hypo.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
a bit late with the updates...

DAY 6

9AM (yeah, ok, shush everyone, I know I was a lazy a$$ to get out of bed but it was the weekend so give me a break :p)

Started off with 2Recreate and without PwFULL, had a FIRM intention to do a VERY SHORT HIIT session, but boy I was WRONG …within 10min of dosing I was switched on HIT instead: High Intensity, :dump: Intervals. Sprinted for 25 min, felt like I could have gone for longer but wanted to spare my knees ‘cause they are not used to 3 HIIT running sessions/week (and this was the third one).

Afternoon was supposed to be used for rest but I promised to teach a friend how to do deadlifts .

Hit the gym at 3pm but my friend wasn’t there so I though, I should play with weights a bit just for fun (nothing to hard, this is MEANT TO BE A REST DAY, DAMN IT!!!). WRONG AGAIN !

I was still running HIGH from the morning dose and so before I knew it I was doing a gruelling superset : pyramid cable bicep curl + pyramid cable tricep pulldown (didn’t go for deads ‘cause I’ve already done them this week, see day 2). What makes this gruelling is the PYRAMID system, anyone who has tried it before knows what I’m talking about :eek:.

Usually I do only one superset on these and then take 5 min to recover before I’m able to hold a pen and take notes, haha !! Well, after doing the first pyramid superset I thought: one is like none, so I went on and did another! I even bumped the weights up cause I felt my arms could take some further damage :lol:.

There was still no sign of my friend and at this point I thought: hope he doesn’t come at all cause I want to keep going :head:

My wish was granted, total time in the gym 1hr. I popped 1Recreate/1PwFULL in the middle of the workout and when it was over, I still had some steam left in me so I went for a 20min spin on my bike. Felt great, pumped and NOT EXHAUSTED AT ALL! :dance:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 7

Rest day :sad:.

Slept only 5hrs after a night out (no drinking, alcohol and me agree NOT), woke up mildly cranky, took 1 Recreate ONLY and went for a 20min ride to “organize my thoughts for the day”.

I was pleasantly surprised from a single dose of Recreate, it kicked in just right (I didn’t feel like I was running on illegal substances :lol:), I didn’t have the urge to do ANY form of HIT, but I didn’t have the urge to call it quits and crawl back into bed either. Took 1 more Recreate in the afternoon. Mood improved, I was VERY HAPPY and RELAXED….prior this stack, me + 5 hrs of sleep = :mad::rant::shoot::saw:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will take your word for it! Thanks for the lesson, Rosie! :)
You're welcome :)

Since I’ve already decided to do a proper log, I should introduce myself and my goals properly as well, for those of you who don’t know me all that well :wave:

At the moment, I am ~120lb and 13-15% BF. Being a female I find it hard to put on muscle (that is relatively speaking, I’m certainly not an ectomorph woman). Most of my workouts involve compound movements, deads, squats, chins, powercleans, etc (max dead 165lb, 6reps). I see guys in the gym all the time, lifting less then I do in terms of their bodyweight and yet they grow like weeds even with bad form!

I seem to be a Carb II Reactive individual (damn it!!!), I do gain some minute amount of muscle when I increase carbs but 99% excess of this goes straight into my butt (haha! I feel like the whole 13-15% of my fat is there :aargh: :aargh: :rant: :rant: :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

Eating more definitely will help you gain muscle (I know it works for me, 4000+ cal/day :D yes, no ****). As for carbs, they're NOT the important thing in gaining muscle mass; PROTEIN IS! And yes, for a female gaininig muscle IS a lot harder than for males, simply because we do not have the testosterone levels that they do (even if we manage to INcrease them, and I'm not talking steroids). However, realtively (and you'll get a kick out of this), females tend to be stronger and more powerfull than males. Also, females find it a lot easier than males to gain muscle in their LOWER body...As for a 'lean bulk', you DO have to be very careful with your diet here (diet is the KEY!). You WILL gain SOME fat, yes, but it can be controlled. As for supplements, I found that NeoVar and IGF-2 did this exceptionally well for me (very similar to the products that you are using)...So, good luck, lady.

Log continues to look good. Very thorough.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Once your body has become accustomed to AP, you may wish to try taking it pre fasted cardio - there is some synergies there which can ellicit greater fat-burning potential.

However, you need to ensure your body can handle at least 45 minutes (in my opinion - you may wish to check with one of the reps) between dosage and carb consumption without going hypo.

Thanks, I'll give it a go JKP, I think I could handle 45 min but we'll see, the fun of experimenting... :D

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

"Root (verb and noun) : synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses: "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good root". A very useful word in fairly polite company. "

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
You're welcome :)

Eating more definitely will help you gain muscle (I know it works for me, 4000+ cal/day :D yes, no ****). As for carbs, they're NOT the important thing in gaining muscle mass; PROTEIN IS! And yes, for a female gaininig muscle IS a lot harder than for males, simply because we do not have the testosterone levels that they do (even if we manage to INcrease them, and I'm not talking steroids). However, realtively (and you'll get a kick out of this), females tend to be stronger and more powerfull than males. Also, females find it a lot easier than males to gain muscle in their LOWER body...As for a 'lean bulk', you DO have to be very careful with your diet here (diet is the KEY!). You WILL gain SOME fat, yes, but it can be controlled. As for supplements, I found that NeoVar and IGF-2 did this exceptionally well for me (very similar to the products that you are using)...So, good luck, lady.

Log continues to look good. Very thorough.

Agree, protein is important however, thus far I've been following a keto-like diet with very little carbs. My protein intake was (and still is) around 2g per pound of muscle if not more (more=overkill). I also tended to go "stupid" on fats. While this type of dieting wasn't bad for my body type, I found myself stuck in a rut. Workout intensity went down and increasing carbs seemed to help in that respect...not without the price of accumulating too much "dirt" though.

I started a carb-feeding cycle about a month ago and persisted despite getting frustrated over the acquired soft-look. For the last week, due to the addition of AP, I increased carbs even more. Workouts have been great so far and the soft-look is not getting any worse :lol: If anything, it is improving, I can actually notice some definition in my upper thighs for a change :woohoo:

Also, there are no bloating or sleepiness-issues following a carb meal. This was not a case before a stack. Give me some porridge in the morning and an hour later I'm ready to join the "dead" :yawn:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I started a carb-feeding cycle about a month ago and persisted despite getting frustrated over the acquired soft-look. For the last week, due to the addition of AP, I increased carbs even more. Workouts have been great so far and the soft-look is not getting any worse If anything, it is improving, I can actually notice some definition in my upper thighs for a change
this is textbook results of Anabolic Pump - it will only improve

"Root (verb and noun) : synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses: "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good root". A very useful word in fairly polite company. "
lol - was NEARLY going to make a smartarse comment...

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
FYI - perhaps you should become a Gold Member? :head:

dragonfly has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 8

So far, on weight training days (afternoon workouts) I’ve experimented with:

*2Recreate/1PwFULL morning
1Recreate /2PwFULL afternoon (prior workout)

*2Recreate morning
1Recreate/2PwFULL afternoon

*1Recreate/1PwFULL morning
2Recreate/1PwFULL afternoon​

And the winner is :hammer:….

*2Recreate morning
1Recreate/2PwFULL afternoon​
:woohoo:

GENERAL NOTES:

RECREATE LITERALLY RECREATES YOU. I’m not an “early morning” person and I’ll find any possible excuse to avoid a scheduled morning HIIT cardio (the weather is too hot, the weather is too cold, back is stiff :whiner:…bull$hit-it is stiff every morning, :think: ...I’m not an early morning person :lol:).

With Recreate, I crave HIIT as badly as ketogenics crave their weekend carb-refeeds :jaw::pizza::donut::burg:

* Morning doses (~8:30AM)-always kick in faster, within 10min (increased -alertness, sweating, positive aggression, focus, an overwhelming rush of energy and happiness).

The effects are VERY INTENSE AND LONG LASTING (especially with a double dose of Recreate, come 2PM and the heat is still on!)

* Afternoon doses (~5PM)-EVEN WITH 2 Recreate the effect is not as intense as when the same dose is taken in the morning, also, takes ~20min to kick in​
Importantly, when dosing Recreate in 2/1 (morning/afternoon) scheme, appetite suppression is significant throughout the day as opposed to 1/2 (morning/afternoon) – not much at all

CONCLUSION: RECREATE SEEMS TO WORK BEST ON EMPTY STOMACH
To elaborate this further: afternoon dose is taken 3hrs after lunch and 1hr after a small protein shake (gastric emptying not 100% completed); morning dose is taken after >8hr overnight fast

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you've got the dosing down!

I also take in more protein than the norm: >500g/day on workout days! (Roughly 3x my bw!) :stick:

And I have to know... What does kangaroo taste like? (Please don't say chicken! LOL!)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree, protein is important however, thus far I've been following a keto-like diet with very little carbs. My protein intake was (and still is) around 2g per pound of muscle if not more (more=overkill). I also tended to go "stupid" on fats. While this type of dieting wasn't bad for my body type, I found myself stuck in a rut. Workout intensity went down and increasing carbs seemed to help in that respect...not without the price of accumulating too much "dirt" though.

I started a carb-feeding cycle about a month ago and persisted despite getting frustrated over the acquired soft-look. For the last week, due to the addition of AP, I increased carbs even more. Workouts have been great so far and the soft-look is not getting any worse :lol: If anything, it is improving, I can actually notice some definition in my upper thighs for a change :woohoo:

Also, there are no bloating or sleepiness-issues following a carb meal. This was not a case before a stack. Give me some porridge in the morning and an hour later I'm ready to join the "dead" :yawn:
Just querying WHY you would be wanting to do low carbs when you are a MTBer? I used to be a cyclist, and trust me, I know WHAT cycling and MTB takes out of you and how hard ad long you train; any carbs you ate would most definitely NOT be 'gained as fat', but be used for energy. And believe me, you are already at the BF% of an elite female athlete!

And carbs don't make you look soft. Yes, for every gram of carbs you store 3g of water (intracellular, though), but it would make you appear HARDER, if anything.

Anyways, I won't argue this point. Everyone's body works differently in some respects, and if you feel that this is your best way, then by all means, do it.

Seems you need to decide whether you want to be a MTBer or a figure competitor, since the training required for each is at OPPOSITE ends of the extreme.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you've got the dosing down!
Yeah, I'll keep Recreate at 3 pills a day on weight training days (2/1; morning/arvo; 4 x week), but I will only take 2 pills on non-weight training days (1/1; morning/arvo). All that extra stimulus from 3 pills is unecessary if one's intention is to rest!

I also take in more protein than the norm: >500g/day on workout days! (Roughly 3x my bw!) :stick:
HAHA, awesome, that makes me feel less :fool2:; besides, judging from your avatar, it seems to be working QUITE well ;)

And I have to know... What does kangaroo taste like? (Please don't say chicken! LOL!)
HELL NO, the taste is rather unique and from speaking with other people, it is either a hit or a miss, you'll either love it or you'll hate it. It has a very intense smell that some people dislike. I love it though (the taste:lol:, smell doesn't bother me much and once the meat is cooked, it is not noticeable), I have never gone back to beef since I've started eating 'roo.
Jakellpet's log has some tips on how to cook it.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Just querying WHY you would be wanting to do low carbs when you are a MTBer? I used to be a cyclist, and trust me, I know WHAT cycling and MTB takes out of you and how hard ad long you train; any carbs you ate would most definitely NOT be 'gained as fat', but be used for energy. And believe me, you are already at the BF% of an elite female athlete!

And carbs don't make you look soft. Yes, for every gram of carbs you store 3g of water (intracellular, though), but it would make you appear HARDER, if anything.

Anyways, I won't argue this point. Everyone's body works differently in some respects, and if you feel that this is your best way, then by all means, do it.
You are absolutely right, and when I used to ride 4-5x/week (2-3hrs each session), my diet was something like 60% carbs, 20%fat and 20% protein (and I was never fat)

However, since I started weight training, I cut down on mountainbiking, because building muscle is hard enough as it is. Now-days, I barely do 1 ride every 1-2 weeks and it is never over 2hrs. I do a couple of endurance events per year (this year I did two 8hr races and a 60km race), but I do no specific training for them (other than a MASSIVE carb refead :lol:)

Interestingly, even without cycling-specific training, this year had been the best in terms of racing placements (think it is because weight-training unleashed toughness that I never thought I had in me, I see mountainbiking as a painless fun now, as opposed to weight training-painful fun :D). I came 1st and 2nd in the 8hr events and 2nd in the 60km race. During my last 8hr event I scoffed down 30 dried bananas…and it was a winner :thumbsup:

Seems you need to decide whether you want to be a MTBer or a figure competitor, since the training required for each is at OPPOSITE ends of the extreme.
Right again, I've been racing for 5 years, time to try something different, if anything I may use an 8hr event as a pre-contest cut, haha !

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interestingly, even without cycling-specific training, this year had been the best in terms of racing placements (think it is because weight-training unleashed toughness that I never thought I had in me, I see mountainbiking as a painless fun now, as opposed to weight training-painful fun :D). I came 1st and 2nd in the 8hr events and 2nd in the 60km race. During my last 8hr event I scoffed down 30 dried bananas…and it was a winner :thumbsup:
That will be because you probably have gained strength (and power) withOUT a lot of muscle mass WITH it (a great bonus for an endurance athlete. And YES, it CAN be done, regardless of the people who will tell you otherwise).

Right again, I've been racing for 5 years, time to try something different, if anything I may use an 8hr event as a pre-contest cut, haha !
Sounds great. I no longer race, and my passion is in this lifestyle, and I wouldn't go back :)