2 DAYS ON RECREATE/PWFULL/AP-feeling like an alpha FE-MALE !!!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Nice work DFly... the number keep growing.

Enjoyed the read pertaining to anger. Even without the religious background on the subject - the theory makes a lot of sense. So much energy is wasted with anger... Unfortunately, I fall victim to that on a somewhat daily basis. :dunno:
There is hope for the imperfect TL as long as you know which battles are really worth fighting for ;) I fell many times too. But I ain't dead :)

Where have you been of late ?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
* WG pullups were about the same as last week but I added extra 5lb on NG Pull ups (so far I've been only doing bodyweight).

* I didn't even finish my intraWO mix, strange.... :confused: (since this was another "running empty morning workout") ... or perhaps not ;)
Keep up the hard work, and good job on the extra 5lbs. I don't think I can recall a girl/women ever doing BW pull ups at my gym, let alone weighted!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
There is hope for the imperfect TL as long as you know which battles are really worth fighting for ;) I fell many times too. But I ain't dead :)

Where have you been of late ?
Nice long weekend in Las Vegas, and now a nice quiet 4 days off at home...

Work has got me a little twisted as of late - so I'm taking a little TL time to attack the video games / weights.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the hard work, and good job on the extra 5lbs. I don't think I can recall a girl/women ever doing BW pull ups at my gym, let alone weighted!
Thanks Sam, will definitely keep up the :eek: work, the short term goal is to get them up to 22lb. I find I'm stronger on the NG than WG. Is that just me ?

Nice long weekend in Las Vegas, and now a nice quiet 4 days off at home...

Work has got me a little twisted as of late - so I'm taking a little TL time to attack the video games / weights.
You are lucky if work got you twisted only "as of late" :) If it was up to me I would bring in a law for 3-day long weekends :D ....but it is not up to me :ntome:

:lol:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Eh, I guess its been more than "as of late" - hence the quasi burnout.

Something has gotta give. :lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Sam, will definitely keep up the :eek: work, the short term goal is to get them up to 22lb. I find I'm stronger on the NG than WG. Is that just me ?
That's natural, due to the proximal and distal insertion points of the lats being more or less vertical, when the muscle contracts, it contracts most efficiently when it draws vertical insertion point A downward and (lower) vertical insertion point B, upward, in a straight line'ish. WG, for one, makes that very efficient vertical contraction a bit diagonal, as oppose to the contractile mechanics of a NG. It's too late at night for me to get into the differing levels of assistance by the teres muscles, rhomboids and aromio traps, relative to the varying grips, but bottom line, "in general" close grip pull ups should be easier.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
That's natural, due to the proximal and distal insertion points of the lats being more or less vertical, when the muscle contracts, it contracts most efficiently when it draws vertical insertion point A downward and (lower) vertical insertion point B, upward, in a straight line'ish. WG, for one, makes that very efficient vertical contraction a bit diagonal, as oppose to the contractile mechanics of a NG. It's too late at night for me to get into the differing levels of assistance by the teres muscles, rhomboids and aromio traps, relative to the varying grips, but bottom line, "in general" close grip pull ups should be easier.
Makes sense :)

WEEK 12

* Something happened yesterday that tempted me to quit my log. It was one of those moments when circumstances in life hit you really hard that you feel like quitting on everything and surrendering to apathy and despair. Well, through my faith I learned better than trusting circumstances. In other words, circumstances in life tend to change and if you put your faith in them, good chances are you’ll end up disappointed.

* A stronghold built on earthly things is no stronghold !

* Besides, there is much to gain from suffering. For suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope" (Romans 5:3-4, NRSV). :D

* And so I diverted my attention back to Him:

For I am the Lord, I change not
Return unto me, and I will return unto you
Malachi 3:1-18

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.​

* Last time I hit 187lb was in January this year and since the beginning of this log, max I lifted on deads was 154ish and that was deads alone, not superseting with squats. :biglaugh:

Attachments

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
* Not a big deal you say ? Fair enough, after all, I’ve done it before....well, how about this:

220lb – SMITH SQUATS

MAX I’VE EVER DONE ON SQUATS OF ANY KIND : 187LB 3-4 reps

Attachments

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
* The most amazing thing is that through the whole workout I didn’t feel like I was exerting myself a great deal. I simply lifted and at the end, walked out of the gym feeling like I’ve done nothing at all. Well true, I had DIVINE help once again :)

* No workout tomorrow, I'll be attending a wake for a dear friend that passed away.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
I've just signed in for a 70km mountainbiking race this Sunday. I haven't done any mountainbiking for almost a year now :fool2: :lol:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kilometer is a type of wolf - only found in australia.

The bike riders are riding away from a pack of 70 hungry kms... hence the name of the race.
Ahhhhh... understand now. Next thing you know you will tell me that santa clause isnt real.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
What is a km?
Ah, if it ain't Adams, brings a good laugh whenever he appears :rofl:

Don't be silly. I see that dude every Christmas at the mall.
HAHA ! That reminds me of something.....Once, long time ago when I was little kid I left a note under a Christmas tree. It read: If you are Santaclaus, please sign !
Come Christmas day I retrieved the note and saw my dad's writing. I can't remember what exactly it said, all I remember is being REALLY angry with my dad :lmao:

kilometer - the race is just over 43 miles.

Sorry to hear about your friend, DFly.
Thanks TL.

Even alpha females cry sometimes. It was hard not to but in the end I managed to pull myself together because Chris Alexander would have not wished to see anyone crying at his farewell. Chris was a very charismatic person. He was joyful in a manner that is rare to see these days. One of those people that when you meet them, you end up wondering: How do they do it ? Is there a genetic predisposition to joy ? Oh, I wish I had it. Wouldn’t it be wonderful ?

I knew Chris for 8 years, he was a professor and academic adviser at my university. He helped me tremendously during my early career. I am not the only person whom Chris helped. Amongst colleague and friends Chris was known as a man of great integrity, modesty, a man who always saw best in people, had a kind word for everyone and was always willing to help. He had no enemies because he was too busy making friends.

A colleague of Chris spoke these words at the wake today: People, go and emulate Chris, if you do so this world will be a better place.

So you see now, there is no genetic predisposition to such character. It is a matter of choice.

If I was farewelled with similar words, I’d say I lived a good life :)

Few weeks ago I said this to a great friend of mine and a fellow Christian: At the end of today I sat down thinking....the problem with Christians is that sometimes we focus too much on what God can do for us instead of focusing on what can we do for Him.

Whether you are a believer or not, you could agree that self-centredness is a source of much misery in today’s world.

From my own experience, when I started fixing that problem, my life took a dramatic shift :)

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:20-26).

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
my girlfriend is an alpha female and shes ****in' BOMB

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah whatever happened to DragonFly???

thundergod