2 DAYS ON RECREATE/PWFULL/AP-feeling like an alpha FE-MALE !!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No good.

I'm fighting a sore throat, myself. Just hoping it doesn't turn into anything worse.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No good.

I'm fighting a sore throat, myself. Just hoping it doesn't turn into anything worse.
Get on to Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix it with hot water and honey initially, then sip it straight out the bottle throughout the day. It'll kill the bad bacteria and prevent more from building up.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get on to Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix it with hot water and honey initially, then sip it straight out the bottle throughout the day. It'll kill the bad bacteria and prevent more from building up.
...or just drink a nice warm glass of HARDEN THE FCUK UP!!!

(just kidding with ya Irish...)

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
...or just drink a nice warm glass of HARDEN THE FCUK UP!!!

(just kidding with ya Irish...)
:lol:

I'M BACK !!! :smite:

I had what I call "a bulker's worse nightmare":
virus

Not the first time either, had it about a year ago, I spend 4 days in bed with a bucket at hand, couldn't retain ANY FLUIDS, not even water. Had fever, joint and muscle ache, throbbing headache and literally felt like dying. I lost about 10 pounds and towards the end of it I looked like a walking zoombie.

This time around I went to the hospital and got a shot against vomiting. It worked :woohoo:

I've been off training for three days and I did loose some weight but I should be able to bounce back quickly...I hope. Feel a bit itchy to hit the gym today but I know I probably shouldn't

I'm not looking forward finding out how much my lifts went down

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not looking forward finding out how much my lifts went down
This is by far the WORST part about getting sick. Four days isn't a huge deal, though. Once you hydrate, you'll be fine.

After my first Test cycle I cought the flu. Lost EVERYTHING I had gained and then some. My strength was non-existent. I wanted to cry.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
welcome back dragonfly!!!

:thumbsup:
Thanks Suncloud, it is GREAT TO BE BACK ! :dance:

This is by far the WORST part about getting sick. Four days isn't a huge deal, though. Once you hydrate, you'll be fine.

After my first Test cycle I cought the flu. Lost EVERYTHING I had gained and then some. My strength was non-existent. I wanted to cry.
I KNOW the feeling !!!! You're busting your ar$e out in the gym, you're watching your diet, half of the world thinks you're crazy but who cares, you're doing well, strength is going up...and then you get sick...and it is all back to "square 1".

It happens too often to me, it is like 1 step forward 2 steps back. NOT FUNNY !!!! :frustrate:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 21

“Curiosity killed the cat”, I CONFESS, I COULD NOT RESTRAIN MYSELF FROM THE GYM! OK, guys give me a break, lemme explain before you start bashing me :D

True, I felt like dead meat for the whole day yesterday. After I came back from the hospital, I did pretty much nothin’ other than eating and sleeping.

Then, this morning I got delivered a parcel, and I thought….Oh $hit, P-SLIN ?! Already, HOW CAN I NOT TRY IT OUT ?!!! Any resistance would have been futile….

*15min later: carb load
*45min later 2PwFULL/1Recreate
*1hr later...
:woohoo: GYM TIME !!!​

FEELING A BIT HYPO (think I may have underestimated the carb load, damn !!!)

Hit the cables for some kneeling crunches (I only do these as a core warmup prior any compound stuff such as deads or squats)

*129.8lb……….10 reps, TOO EASY !!!
*140.8lb……… 10, TOO EASY ?!!!! :confused: that was my max effort last time
*149.6lb…….... 10, well, finally something worth the effort !
*158lb dropset 149.6lb dropset 140.8lb……….. .8/8/8 right, I’m warmed up !

Pendlay row superset Overhead squat (that one’s going to be interesting, LEGS FEEL WEAK AND SHAKY and the HYPO AIN’T gettin’ BETTER !!)

….New PR on Pendlay Row, up by 11lb !!! (104.5lb 6reps)

….Overhead squat – no improvement but no regress either (66lb 6 reps, I know that sounds miserably low, but if done properly –A$$ TO THE GROUND, this exercise is quite challenging. Plus, it is even harder when supersetted with a compound back movement because it uses core, back and shoulder muscles.

OK, now to the DEADS :)fool2:, LEGS FEEL LIKE JELLY, there’s no strength in the quads today, think the virus got them somehow!)

*115.5lb………..8
*136.84lb………8
*154lb………….5

*165lb dropset 154lb: 4,3 current PR - and that is by STARTING DEADS STRAIGHT AFTER A CORE WARMUP, NOT AFTER
1) BACK PRE-EXHAUSTION WITH A PR-BREAKING PENDLAY ROW and
2) the "vomiting-bastard-
-virus" sickness episode!!

should I load the bar to 165 or to 170.5? :think:

HELL, I TRAIN TO GAIN, NOT TO MAINTAIN :head: :smite:

At this point I needed some extra motivation from my ipod:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

*170.5lb dropset 159.5lb dropset 148.5lb …………4/4/4 NEW PR !!!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hitting the P-Slin - no carb fear here!

Things are getting real interesting Miss Dragonfly.

What are you going to add in next????

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Prodigy! Nice! And another PR after coming back from illness and going hypo? Good job! :clap2:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Prodigy! Nice! And another PR after coming back from illness and going hypo? Good job! :clap2:
Thanks Shaddow, makes me wonder how much would I have done if I hadn't been sick :think:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 22

SERIOUS DOMS today, back is ROOOOTED :lol:

Looking back at the workout I did yesterday, it looks kind of unreal.
I CANNOT BELIEVE believe WHAT I HAD DONE, considering I felt half dead the day before. :confused:
I blame it ALL on PwFULL !

The stuff is INSANE!!!! When I'm on it, it feels like some weird hallucinogens have possessed my mind!

Everything seems EASY, no weight is too heavy, no PR is unbreakable, no effort is too great!

There is no procrastination about the next upcoming set, you just go ahead and DO IT! :head:

And then, you stack some more weigh on and you DO IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN!!! :head::head::head:

The shear brutality of the workout becomes only evident THE DAY AFTER....
When you start experiencing the TRUE, VICIOUS FACE of DOMS like you never did before ! :eek:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I'm a dude; however, I get jealous thinking about how much more women see as far as results from these types of supplements.

I do remember taking PowerFull a while back. It was good stuff. I dosed it real high. I think I was doing 15 caps/day. Yum.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 22

SERIOUS DOMS today, back is ROOOOTED :lol:

Looking back at the workout I did yesterday, it looks kind of unreal.
I CANNOT BELIEVE believe WHAT I HAD DONE, considering I felt half dead the day before. :confused:
I blame it ALL on PwFULL !

The stuff is INSANE!!!! When I'm on it, it feels like some weird hallucinogens have possessed my mind!

Everything seems EASY, no weight is too heavy, no PR is unbreakable, no effort is too great!

There is no procrastination about the next upcoming set, you just go ahead and DO IT! :head:

And then, you stack some more weigh on and you DO IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN!!! :head::head::head:

The shear brutality of the workout becomes only evident THE DAY AFTER....
When you start experiencing the TRUE, VICIOUS FACE of DOMS like you never did before ! :eek:
THIS is what it's all about, lady!!! Great stuff! :thumbsup:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I'm a dude; however, I get jealous thinking about how much more women see as far as results from these types of supplements.

I do remember taking PowerFull a while back. It was good stuff. I dosed it real high. I think I was doing 15 caps/day. Yum.
:think:

+ 15 PwFULL =

Black-Dragon-n_013.jpg

Hmmmm...perhaps I SHOULD try that ! :head:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, awesome visual.

That's going to be similar with me on M-Drol.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya, it was amazing. But, it was the older formula. It was pretty normal for people to be taking 9caps/day.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Ya, it was amazing. But, it was the older formula. It was pretty normal for people to be taking 9caps/day.

Right, thanks for that, I was just about to swallow a third of the bottle content :icon_lol:

Seriously, think I'll try to ramp up PwFULL at 3 pre-WO (currently taking 2).

I've actually went down on Recreate, I only take 2 daily in split doses morning/pre-WO. I found 3 caps per day (2 in the morning) is an overkill unless I'm doing morning HIIT. Recreate just stimulates me WAY TOO MUCH :rofl:

Can't imagine having TOO MUCH PwFULL though, no such thing ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't imagine having TOO MUCH PwFULL though, no such thing ;)
I agree with that. I believe it's one of those supplements where you can greatly vary the dosage. Next time I buy some, either 1-C or PF, I'm going to dose it real high again.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 24

Bench, Bi's and Tri's - still in the RECOVERY phase, didn't feel 100% but positive aggression was there so I didn't feel like resting (haha, what a convenient excuse, as if I EVER DO :lol:)

A bit of a disappointing session really, just maintenance. Numbers stayed the same. I think my body is getting used to this particular routine so it may be time for a change.

In reality I shouldn't complain, you CAN'T EXPECT PROGRESS ALL THE TIME. Besides, if I'm sick or over-trained, upper body is where I lose strength first, so, it DOESN'T MATTER if lifts HAVEN'T INCREASED, it is more important at this stage that they HAVEN'T GONE DOWN ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 24

Bench, Bi's and Tri's - still in the RECOVERY phase, didn't feel 100% but positive aggression was there so I didn't feel like resting (haha, what a convenient excuse, as if I EVER DO :lol:)

A bit of a disappointing session really, just maintenance. Numbers stayed the same. I think my body is getting used to this particular routine so it may be time for a change.

In reality I shouldn't complain, you CAN'T EXPECT PROGRESS ALL THE TIME. Besides, if I'm sick or over-trained, upper body is where I lose strength first, so, it DOESN'T MATTER if lifts HAVEN'T INCREASED, it is more important at this stage that they HAVEN'T GONE DOWN ;)
Definitely keep that in mind! Don't forget that you were sick for a little while. Not seeing any loss from that is huge! Just push it harder next time. Don't be bummed out.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Definitely keep that in mind! Don't forget that you were sick for a little while. Not seeing any loss from that is huge! Just push it harder next time. Don't be bummed out.
HA ! You beat me to it Irish, yeah definitely not bummed out, just a bit impatient that's all, can't wait till I start putting the 44lb plates on the bench-bar, like all the boys do ! :D

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 25

LEGS :head:

OK, so it has been almost two weeks since my last hard core leg workout.
I hit the gym geared on 3 PwFULL :head: :head: :head:

* Warmup- walking dumbell lunges, went REALLY LIGHT on these, 3 X 10 strides, 33lb dumbells

* On to the real thing : Smith machine squats, Now, ANYTIHING on a SMITH IS particularly BRUTAL in my gym 'cause the machine hasn't been lubricated in years :fool2:, so you could probably double the weight if you weren't pushing against ALL THAT resistance.

Just as I loaded up the bar to my previous max 137.5lb, my EX walks over to me (haven't seen him in the gym in ages), he takes a look at the Smith and asks me: WHAT ARE YOU DOIN'G WITH ALL THAT? You're not lifting it are you ? :blink: :confused:

I was going to be a smartar$e and reply : No, I just set it up for you ...

but I "behaved" myself ...

Then he had another look at the Smith, then at my legs and then at his legs and he said: I can't believe this, I'M JEALOUS !

I replied (without even trying to "behave myself") : SO YOU SHOULD BE :lol:

Finally onto my workout,
* squeezed 8 reps at 137.5lb and bumped the weight to 143lb and pushed another 10 reps :woohoo:

* Leg Curls superset Jumping Dumbell Squats

I WAS STOKED, went up by 6lb on a leg curl, I've been curling the same weight for so long it wasn't funny
:frustrate: :aargh::aargh: :rant: :whiner:

...and then I was jumping with 2 X 33lb dumbells as if it WERE A JOKE, last time I was dying with that weight, pulling out 4 jumps barely in a VEEERY SLOOOOW motion. This time I was knocking out 8 reps and it was FUN !!!! :saw:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
* squeezed 8 reps at 137.5lb and bumped the weight to 143lb and pushed another 10 reps :woohoo:
I LOVE it!

Very happy for you.

Doing a set of what feels like you went to failure, adding weight and blasting even more reps than the last set...ahhh, it's bliss.

After your ex said he was jealous of your legs you should have cocked your head to the side, looked his legs up and down, and said, "Ya, I would be too."...and then performed one of the many variations of the Bluth Chicken Dance...

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE it!

Very happy for you.
Doing a set of what feels like you went to failure, adding weight and blasting even more reps than the last set...ahhh, it's bliss.

After your ex said he was jealous of your legs you should have cocked your head to the side, looked his legs up and down, and said, "Ya, I would be too."...and then performed one of the many variations of the Bluth Chicken Dance...

:toofunny:

I'm very happy too, 2nd day after LEG torture: DOOOOMS OOOOUCH !

It is 32C here in North QLD and it is going to get worse...

I feel as alive as a vegetable...and it is not even summer ... morning HIT is becoming less and less appealing... :ntome:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:toofunny:

I'm very happy too, 2nd day after LEG torture: DOOOOMS OOOOUCH !

It is 32C here in North QLD and it is going to get worse...

I feel as alive as a vegetable...and it is not even summer ... morning HIT is becoming less and less appealing... :ntome:
Ewwww...How humid does it get there?

It's FINALLY starting to cool off in Florida. Humidity is the first thing to go down, and then the temp. I've been enjoying the cool mornings; sitting outside, smelling the salty air, sipping coffee and lisening to music. Do that for about a half-hour after breakfast and then hit the gym.

Man, I've got it rough :p

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Its REALLY cooling down in the Rotten Apple... Looking at 40s and 50s in the morning commute... Dipping low in the evening. I love leaving the bedroom window wide open and sleeping when its like this.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its REALLY cooling down in the Rotten Apple... Looking at 40s and 50s in the morning commute... Dipping low in the evening. I love leaving the bedroom window wide open and sleeping when its like this.
Yep. I've been leaving my front door open all day. Have a nice breeze coming in through the screen door.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Ewwww...How humid does it get there?

It's FINALLY starting to cool off in Florida. Humidity is the first thing to go down, and then the temp. I've been enjoying the cool mornings; sitting outside, smelling the salty air, sipping coffee and lisening to music. Do that for about a half-hour after breakfast and then hit the gym.

Man, I've got it rough :p
I HATE YOU ! :p

It can get close to 80% humidity here in summer, plus the temperatures get just slightly below the 40C mark. It is a freakin' paradise for snakes and reptiles....speaking of which...

Started a new job today, I'm a postdoctoral scientist in a medical research lab. I will be evaluating the effectiveness of certain lipid/cholesterol lowering drugs on suppressing aortic aneurysm in mice...if that means anything :D

Anyways, today I inspected the mice I'm supposed to be using for my experiment. To my utter horror, more than half of them (25 out of 48) died from .... now this is where it gets exciting...a SNAKE ATTACK !!!! :wtf:

A snake got in the animal house and in the mouse cage and ate some mice, the ones that it left died from shock !!! These particular mice were shipped from a breeding facility in the US (THEY ARE GENETICALLY MODIFIED AND QUITE SPECIAL- translated: REALLY EXPENSIVE MICE ! )
Apparently snake-break-ins have been a problem for a long time and the room is meant to be renovated to prevent this from happening again.
Think the culprit was one of these:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sheesh! We have lots of Pygmy Rattlesnakes around here, but nothing that big.

Congrats on the new job. I guess you can conclude that the drug has no calming effects if the mice died from shock...

And yes, the US is known for having a superior mice population. The problem is, many of the mice become hooked on steroids at an early age, and often develop problems due to poor cholesterol/lipid profiles...hence the study I imagine. ;)

For example, this particular mouse enjoys excessive use of Testosterone Enanthate, Anadrol, and, while not a steroid, coccaine. We think it's only a matter of time for him...

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Wow... be careful!
As long as it is just carpet pythons I'm cool, it is these guys I wouldn't be too thrilled to step over:

Deadly Beauty, the Coastal Taipan ( Oxyuranus Scutellatus ), it is the fourth most deadly snake in the world. A 1 mg dose of its neurotoxic venom is lethal to humans and its bite averages a yield of 100-400 mg. The Coastal Taipan is found in the northeastern, coastal region of Australia (right where I live, seen a few around, SCARY!!!!!!). It can grow to over 10 feet in length.
What makes this snake dangerous is its aggressive behaviour. It KNOWS its superiority (like you couldn’t tell from the photos, :lol:). Also, unlike others in its family (elapids) that, after striking a victim, will hold on and chew, the taipan strikes REPEATEDLY. Often it strikes so fast that victims may not have time to react before being bitten several times.

Coastal Taipan’s closest cousin is THE WORLD’S No.1, THE MOST TOXIC SNAKE OF ALL: THE FIERCE SNAKE or Inland Taipan ( Oxyuranus Microlepidotus ). If bitten, death is imminent within few minutes. Maximum survival time recorded after Taipan's bite is not more than one hour. Maximum yield recorded (from a single bite of Inland Taipan) is 110mg. Just few mg of Inland Taipan's venom is enough to kill over 100 people or 250,000 mice !!! Lucky the Inland Taipan inhabits only remote areas of central Australia …

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Righto, so much for RANDOM DISCUSSION :rofl:

Almost forgot where I was:

DAY 28

Had two rest days which was good, that is the bare minimum for recovery after a leg day :lol:

It was shoulder/upper back day, I've been neglecting that part of late so it was about time to hit it hard again.
Went back to 2 PwFULL instead of 3. Only because I'm trying to make the bottle last till I get my next order in from NP, then I'll ramp it up to 3 and keep it at that :head:

It wasn't the greatest workout of all, meaning, I wasn't pushing myself out of my comfort zone until the very end of the workout. I felt quite drained at the beginning, think it is mainly due to sleep deprivation from the last couple of days :yawn:

Anyways, I managed to bump up :

* Smith shoulder press - by 5.5lb
* Upright barbell rows - by 5.5lb
* Lat pulldown - by 11lb :confused: :jaw:​

SERIOUSLY, I was not expecting that AT ALL , at this point all the motivation rushed in and I was going hardcore :aargh::aargh::aargh:, set the pin at 121lb , IN TOTAL DISBELIEF and pulled it out again, so it wasn't a delusion after all!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Just let it be said... if I run into any snake - there is a high liklihood of me turning and running like a little b*tch.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Just let it be said... if I run into any snake - there is a high liklihood of me turning and running like a little b*tch.
:lol:

I just saw a carpet snake coming back from the gym ! Ahh, got to love the tropics, it was bigger than the one on the pics, maybe it is the same snake that ate my mice ! Wish I had a camera, damn it !!!!!!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Hey awesome a QLD girl. I'll be there next year! Hopefully I don't run into any snakes! Dont have to many snakes here in kiwi land!

:)

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Hey awesome a QLD girl. I'll be there next year! Hopefully I don't run into any snakes! Dont have to many snakes here in kiwi land!

:)
Welcome CM, yeah KIWI - land is quite docile, you sure you want to leave it behind ?!

Sea here is infested with sharks, box jellyfishes, sea snakes, salt water crocs, poisonous cone shells and stone fishes ... did I leave something out ?! :think:

Snakes and spiders (Australia is claimed to have the nine most poisonous spiders in the world!) will haunt you on the land, and hell, even the plants are vicious! The world's most painful plant - the stinging tree lives here. What a welcoming land this is :lol: