2 DAYS ON RECREATE/PWFULL/AP-feeling like an alpha FE-MALE !!!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 9

Woken up by the lawn mower, VERY ANGRY !!!

It took a BIT of willpower to restrain myself from :aargh::aargh: out at my neighbour to “get f.cked” .

Took 2 Recreate and cheered up. Still, by mid afternoon, premature awakening took its toll and I was as motivated to hit the gym as I was to get out of bed at 6AM :yawn: Nevertheless, I forced myself to go, if nothing else than out of curiosity to see whether 1Recreate/1PwFULL would bring the alpha-FEMALE attitude back. In all honesty, I wasn’t expecting much…

Started my workout with some core-warmup and then straight to deads (what better way to put the supps to test :D)

A side note: Like I said, my PR on deads is 165lb 6 reps, however, that was more than 3 months ago, since then I’ve regressed quite a bit. Of late, at 148.5lb I’m already in serious trouble and at 154 I’m REALLY PUSHING THE LIMITS.

The numbers speak for themselves:

DEAD workout :

PRIOR TO Recreate/PwFULL/AP
POST Recreate/PwFULL/AP

set 1. 132lb: 8 reps
set 1. 132lb: 8

set 2. 143lb: 6
set 2. 148lb: 6 well that was EASY !!!

set 3. 154lb: 5
set 3. 159.5lb: 5 that was worth the effort, great form*

set 4. 165lb: 1 - horrible form, not even under a threat of death could I have squeezed another rep :sad:

set 4. 165lb dropset 154lb: 4,3 - great form*

SET 5!!!!! 165lb dropset 154lb dropset 143lb: 3,3,4 - great form*

* actually had someone watching me for the sake of getting an unbiased opinion :thumbsup:

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Excellent feedback. Great log and great to see you are getting the results form the stack. :)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Awesome pics! What kind of bike do you ride?

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Awesome pics! What kind of bike do you ride?
Thanks, Shaddow! It is a Jamis Dakar Xam1 with
130mm travel Fox DHX Air 3.0 shock and
140mm Fox 32 Float-RL, air spring fork (Fox rules !!!! :head:)

I looooove it !

Attachments

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Excellent feedback. Great log and great to see you are getting the results form the stack. :)
Most definitely Mickfootie, I AM GETTING RESULTS FROM THE USP STACK !!!! :thumbsup:

DAY 11

NEW PRs in Bench Press, Chest Dumbell Press & Bicep Cable Curl :bb3:

Last week's bench:
3 sets, 88lb, reps to failure 6/5/5

Today's:
set 1. 88lb, reps to failure 8
set 2. 93.5lb.................5/5
set 3. 98lb ....................2,
(yes I know that was cocky of me, but I couldn't help myself, I had to try :p)

set 4. 93.5lb .................8
(last 3 assisted, my favourite spotter appeared, luckily, because the bar wasn't going anywhere and I was determined not to let it go :lol:)

Chest Dumbell Press, up by 11lb
(when I grabbed a pair of 38.5lb dumbells, I got a "you- are- just- a- girl, -put -'em- back- before- you- hurt- yourself " look from a couple of guys
:rasp: :rasp: .... I thought....

Bicep Cable Curl, up by 8.8lb :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the lifts! That's awesome. Keep proving those guys wrong.

I tend to be the opposite in the gym when I see women with relatively heavy weight. I get excited for them.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most definitely Mickfootie, I AM GETTING RESULTS FROM THE USP STACK !!!! :thumbsup:

DAY 11

NEW PRs in Bench Press, Chest Dumbell Press & Bicep Cable Curl :bb3:

Last week's bench:
3 sets, 88lb, reps to failure 6/5/5

Today's:
set 1. 88lb, reps to failure 8
set 2. 93.5lb.................5/5
set 3. 98lb ....................2,
(yes I know that was cocky of me, but I couldn't help myself, I had to try :p)

set 4. 93.5lb .................8
(last 3 assisted, my favourite spotter appeared, luckily, because the bar wasn't going anywhere and I was determined not to let it go :lol:)

Chest Dumbell Press, up by 11lb
(when I grabbed a pair of 38.5lb dumbells, I got a "you- are- just- a- girl, -put -'em- back- before- you- hurt- yourself " look from a couple of guys
:rasp: :rasp: .... I thought....

Bicep Cable Curl, up by 8.8lb :D
Awesome job, lady! And yeah, next time you get those looks, you'll probably notice that they're only doing that because THEY can barely do that weight! (I laugh at most of the guys in the gym who think they're so tough, because the 'little girl' works harder and heavier than 99% of them!) :toofunny: Keep up the good work!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the PR's!!!
Congrats on the lifts! That's awesome. Keep proving those guys wrong.
Thanks guys, I never thought I'd say this but: BENCH DAY IS NO LONGER MY LEAST FAVOURITE TRAINING DAY :woohoo:

I tend to be the opposite in the gym when I see women with relatively heavy weight. I get excited for them.

Maybe I should go and train in your gym, Irish :D
...on a second thought, "proving people wrong" can be a great motivational boost, not to mention the amusement factor :lol:

What can I say, I'm only human :p

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job, lady! And yeah, next time you get those looks, you'll probably notice that they're only doing that because THEY can barely do that weight! (I laugh at most of the guys in the gym who think they're so tough, because the 'little girl' works harder and heavier than 99% of them!) :toofunny: Keep up the good work!

Thanks Lady-Terminator :)
In fact, both of these guys were using 33lb dumbells, I asked them "how much longer to go?" and the reply was "2 more sets"....And I thought, "stuff that, I ain't gonna sit around and wait, I'll go and get me some 38lb's".....Ahahaha, you should have seen their faces :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Even Alpha-FE-Males need their rest - looks like you respond well to the products DragonFly - don't be shy about pushing up that carb intake on AP.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even Alpha-FE-Males need their rest - looks like you respond well to the products DragonFly - don't be shy about pushing up that carb intake on AP.
Agreed. If you feel you need to up the carbs, then go for it.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As your body become accustomed to AP use, you will need to up the carb intake (slightly of course). Keep an eye on your body composition and you will be fine.

Great work so far maam!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Lady-Terminator :)
In fact, both of these guys were using 33lb dumbells, I asked them "how much longer to go?" and the reply was "2 more sets"....And I thought, "stuff that, I ain't gonna sit around and wait, I'll go and get me some 38lb's".....Ahahaha, you should have seen their faces :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:
Yeah. I get the same responses. Besides, it's always good to push yourself, go up that extra weight, surprise yourself (I know I did, when I thought that perhaps it might have been too hard, and you find that it's actually easy, and then you smile, and it makes a crappy session better!) It's all about getting better. Anyways, enjoy your day off :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah. I get the same responses. Besides, it's always good to push yourself, go up that extra weight, surprise yourself (I know I did, when I thought that perhaps it might have been too hard, and you find that it's actually easy, and then you smile, and it makes a crappy session better!) It's all about getting better. Anyways, enjoy your day off :)
I completely agree about pushing yourself. Especially on the bigger lifts like squat, bench, and deadlift. I always seem to be able to do more than I think. If I feel I've done my 3-rep max, I add another 10lbs or 15lbs, and I usually hit three reps again. I love those days in the gym!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. If you feel you need to up the carbs, then go for it.
As your body become accustomed to AP use, you will need to up the carb intake (slightly of course). Keep an eye on your body composition and you will be fine.
I've already done so ! I'm EATING CARBS AS IF THERE WAS NO TOMORROW !

Seriously, 1st week:
2AP: 3 x 30-40g/day (cardio/rest days)
2AP: 4 x 30-40g/day (weight training)​

2nd week:
3AP: 3 x 50-60g/day (cardio/rest days)
3AP: 4 x 50-60g/day (weight training)​
I haven't gone through as much bread and oats in 3 years as I did in this last two weeks !!!! :fool2:

* 3 weeks prior to the stack, my diet was similar to week 1 in terms of carb consumption, except that I was consuming increased carbs ~120g/day, only on weight training days.
On non-weight training days : carbs < 50g/day.

* At the end of those 3 weeks I could barely see my abs :sad: :rant:
and there was no significant increase in strenght :rant: :rant: :frustrate:

Prior to that, I was maintaining my definition by following a semi-keto diet with >50g carbs/day with very rare refeads (such as: an 8hr biking race, :lol:)

* The reason why I went on an increased crab diet prior running the AP/Recreate/PowerFULL stack is to get a better evaluation of its effectiveness.

Basically, instead of "adding supplements and changing diet", I opted for "adding supplements to the existing diet". This way any results would likely be due to addition of supplements and not due to a change in diet.

* RESULTS: Adding AP/Recreate/PowerFULL allowed me to increase carbs even further,
from 90-120/day to ~200-240g/day with no significant icrease in BF% :chick:

* End of week 2, I am as cut as I was on my semi-keto diet of
<50g carbs/day and I broke PRs in DEADS, BENCH and BI CURLS
:clean:

I sound like a USPLabs rep :lol:

Side note: squats and powercleans increased as well as some other exercises, but I'm not here to write in epic proportions ;)

Think it is soon time to add P-slin into the equation :thumbsup:
....and also, time to post some pics, just in case you all started thinking that I'M SOOO FULL OF $HIT :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I completely agree about pushing yourself. Especially on the bigger lifts like squat, bench, and deadlift. I always seem to be able to do more than I think. If I feel I've done my 3-rep max, I add another 10lbs or 15lbs, and I usually hit three reps again. I love those days in the gym!
Bodybuilding is all about getting BETTER, and you don't get better if you don't push yourself. I lift as hard and as heavy as I can EVERY session (no 'easy' sessions for Rosie, unless my body FORCES me to go down in weight!) The ONLY exceptions ARE Legs' exercises; I don't lift anywhere near my 1RM, simply because lifting heavy INcreases the muscle mass in my legs and glutes so fast that it's not funny, and they are the areas where I wouldn't mind having LESS muscle!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's my week off, and you are all making me want to train SOOOO bad. This only throws fuel in the fire for when I start Part 2 of my log on Thursday.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Think it is soon time to add P-slin into the equation
yeah girl - now we're talking! I love that P-Slin.

:head:Bring. :head: It. :head:On. :head:

I guess you need to decide how you're going to dose it.

....and also, time to post some pics, just in case you all started thinking that I'M SOOO FULL OF $HIT
lol - Im sure everyone's keen to see your progress.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established

DAY 13

Side note: squats and powercleans increased as well as some other exercises, but I'm not here to write in epic proportions ;)

OK, OK, I LIED, so :shoot: me !

* Smith machine squats..........up by 22lb
(FINALLY putting the 44lb plates on the bar, I thought it would have taken another year to do that :lol:)

* Jumping squats ..........up by 11lb

* Leg ext..........up by 11lb

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on increasing those lifts. I bet you could even do more. I know on Leg Extensions and Squats I can always suprise myself.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Irish, true, I could have done more (I actually put that note in my gym log book- no need to be foolin' around with "endless" pre-warm ups !!!)
I did so many sets it was ridiculous, I kept adding the plates thinking - but surely this SHOULD be hard....instead it was :yawn:

At least next time, I know where to go from ! :head:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Irish, true, I could have done more (I actually put that note in my gym log book- no need to be foolin' around with "endless" pre-warm ups !!!)
I did so many sets it was ridiculous, I kept adding the plates thinking - but surely this SHOULD be hard....instead it was :yawn:

At least next time, I know where to go from ! :head:
That's exactly what happens to me sometimes. I get upset after I've done my four working sets knowing I probably could have bumped it up another 10lbs; however, as you said, ya just make a note and be sure to bump it up next time. Leaves you feeling excited for the next time you hit those exercises.

I need to take a picture of me sleeping like you did for yourself. Instead of typing out "Rest Day" just post a picture instead. Nuf ced.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
That's exactly what happens to me sometimes. I get upset after I've done my four working sets knowing I probably could have bumped it up another 10lbs; however, as you said, ya just make a note and be sure to bump it up next time. Leaves you feeling excited for the next time you hit those exercises.
Definitely :dance::dance::dance:

Waiting till the next session is agonzing though :lol:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 15&DAY16

DAY15 was baaaaaad! I could barely squat down to the toilet without gritting my teeth :D

DAY16, getting there, can’t believe remnants of DOMS are still hanging around, three days after the session :eek:

Then again, I never broke a PRs on :squat: by 22lb, usually it is more around a 5 pound mark.

Didn’t feel like having ANOTHER rest day so I decided to hit the gym for a shoulder/back workout (more upper back stuff, no point doing deadlifts if legs and CNS have BARELY recovered.

DAY 16-1st session since the stack where I started feeling mental fatigue and a slight lack of drive.

No surprise there, last two weeks have been ABNORMALLY INTENSE, plus, both DAY14&15 WERE NOT used for complete REST, still did some HIIT cardio, which was WROOONG !!!! OVERTRAINING !!!!

Rest means rest, not bashing yourself with a cardio session !!!!!
:banned:

Anyways, the "crappy session" on day 16 was rescued by a PR in dumbbell shoulder press up by 11lb !!!!!

I actually thought I was lifting the same weight as before the stack, it is not until later, when I went back through my log book, that I realized I broke the PR!

Shoulders are definitely getting bigger, shame I don't have some "before" pics !

Attachments

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very impressive shape and cuts in your upper back.

Keep pushing through it, carb up and get back to it!!!!!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders and back look GREAT! Excellent build!

And congrats on another PR! :)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Wow, great upper back definition.

Sorry I'm late for the party!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope you know how to sew...

...'cause you're ripped!

derrrrr.

But seriously, you look great!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Wow, great upper back definition.
Sorry I'm late for the party!
Thanks TimberLakers, and you're never late for the :djparty:
(speaks the person who went through 30 pages of Volcom's log :icon_lol:)

I hope you know how to sew...
...'cause you're ripped!
derrrrr.
But seriously, you look great!
:lol:

Thanks to everyone for your approval ! It means a lot to me 'cause to most people in my surroundings - I'm just a nutcase :fool2:

Reading these posts just makes me want to smash some weights !!!! :aargh: :clean:
Adrenal fatigue ?!!!!! Pfeeew!!!! :FUfinger: :rasp:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks to everyone for your approval ! It means a lot to me 'cause to most people in my surroundings - I'm just a nutcase
Infidels just don't understand!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks to everyone for your approval ! It means a lot to me 'cause to most people in my surroundings - I'm just a nutcase
Infidels just don't understand!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Thanks TimberLakers, and you're never late for the :djparty:
(speaks the person who went through 30 pages of Volcom's log :icon_lol:)
Some people still show up in the Beatdown log after reading 47 pages. I just want to send them an apology.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
DAY 18

If you asked what happened to DAY 17, well, I was a LAZY AR$E and did NOOOTHING FOR A CHANGE !!!!!

...And it worked,

DAY 18
I felt like a timed bomb, bench and bi's I thought, they always need improvement !

I had my mind set on squeezing some more reps at 98lb mark :smite: where I "failed" a week ago:

set 1. 88lb..............8
set 2. 93.5lb..........5/5
set 3. 98lb.............2 (damn bastard :aargh:)

After a warmup and an easy set at 90lb I set the bar at
* 100lb :D reps 6/6/6 (last three reps of each set were assisted)

Then I went back to the previous "working weight" :
* 93.5lb ........... 6/6/5 without spotting

While this progress wasn't as dramatic as last week's, it was still progress, besides, it would be unrealistic to expect a linear rise in strength on a weekly basis....to a certain extent....

Bi's cable curls went up by 8.8lb, AGAIN !!!!

If I continue at this rate i'll be able to curl my own body weight in two weeks :lol:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Wow, you went from 2*98...

to punching out 3*6*100? That's nasty!