Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 1: PAL's Anabolic Edge (sponsored)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much thanks to Palo Alto Labs for sponsoring this log. This is the second log I have done for them, and it is always an honor to work with this company and to use their products.

In Part 1 of my log, I will be logging Palo Alto Lab's Anabolic Edge. This will be the beginning of my comparison log between Anabolic Edge and Controlled Labs Blue Gene. That log (Part 2) will immediately follow this log, and I will be reviewing both supplements for their effects and stacking potential (which I believe is going to be the next big thing).

For those of you unfamiliar with the product, CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT IT @ NUTRAPLANET

Lets get started with my stats:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 167 lbs
BF% (est.): 8-9%
Body-type: Meso-Endo
Ancestry: Irish American

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites (scrambled), 2 slices of Ezekiel bread w/natty peanut butter, 1/2 cup of fat-free plain yogurt, 1/2 cup of Ezekiel cereal, handfull of blueberries, 12oz of Smart Balance skim milk, 2 cups of coffee

Meal 2: 1 scoop of Scivation Whey

Meal 3: 2 Whole wheat pita pockets, each with 1 can of tuna, some light mayo, banana peppers, and romaine lettuce

Meal 4: 1 scoop of Scivation Whey

Meal 5: 8oz chicken breast, breaded with Ezekial cereal, browned in olive oil, and baked in fat-free Italian dressing, one large salad with either Romaine lettuce or spinach

Meal 6: 1 scoop of ON Casein, 1tbsp natty peanut butter

Supplement schedule:

CLA: 2g with meal one, 1g with meal 3, 1g with meal 5, and 1g with meal 6

Whey/Casein: 1 scoop of whey taken twice daily, 1 scoop of Casein taken once daily

L-Leucine: 15g taken intra-workout

Multi-vitamin: 1 vitamin taken twice daily

Napalm: 3 pumps used on cardio days

Training:

My training schedule is somewhat elaborate. I have my entire body split up into two workouts, branching from those two splits I have a total of four workouts; a low-rep day (3-6reps), and a high-rep day (10-15reps) for each muscle group. I label my workouts as A1, B1, A2, and B2. Specifics:

A1 (High-rep): Chest/Hams/Arms/Calves

Chest: (Superset working sets)

Cable X-over: 2 warmups, 4 working sets
Incline DB Press: 4 working sets

Hams:

Kneeling Leg Curl: 2 warmups, 4 working
Good mornings: 4 working

Arms: (Superset all sets)

Overhead tricep press: 2 warmup, 4 working
Preacher curl: 2 warmup, 4 working

Calves:

Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets

B1 (High rep): Quads/Delts/Back/Traps

Quads:

Leg extensions: 2 warmup, 4 working
Squats: 2 warmup, 4 working

Delts: (Superset working sets)

DB Lateral Raises: 2 warmup, 4 working
DB Reverse Grip Front Raises: 4 working

Back/Rear delts: (Superset working sets)

Seated Row: 2 warmup, 4 working
Rear delt DB Flyes: 4 working

DB Shurgs: 4 working

A2 (Low rep): Chest/Hams/Arms/Calves

Chest: Flat Bench BB Press- 2 warmup, 4 working

Hams: Stiff Legged Deadlifts- 2 warmup, 4 working

Arms (Superset all sets):
Tricep Pressdown: 2 warmup, 4 working
Seated DB Hammer Curl: 2 warmup, 4 working

Calves: Seated Calf Raise- 4 working

B2 (Low rep): Quads/Delts/Back/Traps

Quads: Squats- 2 warmup, 4 working

Delts: Seated DB Press - 2 warmup, 4working

Back: Close Grip Pullup (weighted) - 2 warmup, 4 working

Traps: Rack Shrugs- 4 working

I lift three days a week, which means that each muscle group gets worked twice a week every other weeks. Example:

Week 1
Mon:A1
Wed:B1
Fri:A2

Week2
Mon:B2
Wed:A1
Fri:B1

My cardio days are Tue/Thur, and I do one hour of cardio at moderate intensity. I usually do 20min/20/20 on Stairmill/Treadmill/Spin Bike. The treadmill is done at 15% incline and 3.3mph.

I recieved my bottle of Anabolic Edge in the mail today, and will be starting near the end of August. I have just a little bit left on my LG Sciences log, and I will get this ball rolling by the end of the week.

I will be taking the higher dose of Anabolic Edge (AE), meaning I will be taking 6 caps daily spread out evenly through the day.

Any questions or comments are always welcome.

Thanks again to everyone that made this possible.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best of wishes on maximum results :thumbsup:

Good luck!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's a few recent photos to give you an idea of where I'm at:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im with ya brotha...reppin irish american all day baby!! :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clean abs, big Flip'n Wheels and a terrific back. Your quads are exceptional.

This isn't meant to be derogatory, but you really "look" Irish.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clean abs, big Flip'n Wheels and a terrific back. Your quads are exceptional.

This isn't meant to be derogatory, but you really "look" Irish.
I take ALL of that as a complement! Haha.

Thanks for dropping in guys. It should be a great log.

As for the clean abs, I'd really like to get them "cleaner" if at all possible. Genetically, I'm gifted with fat over the bottom part of my abdomen and it is a real pain to get rid of. I've done it, but I have to be really lean to get rid of it. Hopefully I can take care of that in the next month. Back when I shaved, I looked a lot leaner, but my skin is real sensative and I got sick of dealing with razor burn and everything that comes with shaving.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I take ALL of that as a complement! Haha.

Thanks for dropping in guys. It should be a great log.

As for the clean abs, I'd really like to get them "cleaner" if at all possible. Genetically, I'm gifted with fat over the bottom part of my abdomen and it is a real pain to get rid of. I've done it, but I have to be really lean to get rid of it. Hopefully I can take care of that in the next month. Back when I shaved, I looked a lot leaner, but my skin is real sensative and I got sick of dealing with razor burn and everything that comes with shaving.
eff shaving...you show off that irish body hair we're so famous for, haha

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fuzz adds to the Irish'ness. Your back is surprisingly big. I wouldn't have projected that your back was as wide & thick as it is, judging by your front shots. I don't mean that in a bad way, it just surprised me, from the front you look very fit, from the back you look very bodybuilder (quads too, obviously), by front I'm just talking about the torso, your quad development is solid.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, Luck on the product mate. I cant wait to start mine myself.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
eff shaving...you show off that irish body hair we're so famous for, haha
Hahah. Ya, I don't mind so much anymore.

I forgot to add that I usually have one cheat meal a weak. They have been getting more and more timid recently because I'm just getting bored with them. I've found ways to be completely content eating healthy food and just spicing it up a little. This Friday we are having a going-away-party for a guy my bro works with. We're going to a local pub and I'll probably have a steak-burger and a half-gallon of porter. That will probably be my last indulging meal until around the end of September when I go to a concert in Baton Rouge.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fuzz adds to the Irish'ness. Your back is surprisingly big. I wouldn't have projected that your back was as wide & thick as it is, judging by your front shots. I don't mean that in a bad way, it just surprised me, from the front you look very fit, from the back you look very bodybuilder (quads too, obviously), by front I'm just talking about the torso, your quad development is solid.
Thanks, Volcom. My back has always been one of my stronger points. I have always been pretty happy with it.

Subbed, Luck on the product mate. I cant wait to start mine myself.
Thanks for joining, Zero. Make sure to send me the link to yours when you start it. We will probably actually start AE at around the same time.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All right I'm here Irish. Looking good & nice layout with diet & training. This product looks extremely interesting.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
in!!! will be interested to see how this compares to BG

BravoLima

BravoLima

Awards
Looks like I'm late to the party. Good Luck!!! Can't wait to see the results.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to see all you guys in here.

Bravo, you're not late at all. Haven't even taken my first dose yet. I've just got a few days left on my LG Sciences log and I will be starting AE. I just wanted to give this thing a jumpstart so everyone would be subbed when I started the product.

Can't wait!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Props on the side. Very cleaver title! :thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you guys are interested in my training prior to Anabolic Edge, I have a link to my LG Sciences log in my sig which I am updating daily. Once I start AE I will post my most recent weights and lifts for each of my four workouts. That way we can compare the results start to finish.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
2 logs at once huh? You multi tasking sob. lol Tear sh1t up!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
So are you indeed getting started before the 1st? Be interesting to see what I have to look forward to if this kicks off early. :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So are you indeed getting started before the 1st? Be interesting to see what I have to look forward to if this kicks off early. :D
My thoughts exactly

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
subb. Lookn good Irish! Those quads and that back are massive! Lookn forward to seeing what this does for you

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
subb. Lookn good Irish! Those quads and that back are massive! Lookn forward to seeing what this does for you
Would it be gay if I told you you had nice legs? :lol:

Seriously, I'm jealous of anyone who has thick, defined legs like that (you and Distilled come to mind.) My legs are 'ehhh' from year of neglect. Back in HS they were monstrously big, but I just started working them again about a year ago, and doing squats maybe 6 months ago. One day at a time...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be gay if I told you you had nice legs? :lol:

Seriously, I'm jealous of anyone who has thick, defined legs like that (you and Distilled come to mind.) My legs are 'ehhh' from year of neglect. Back in HS they were monstrously big, but I just started working them again about a year ago, and doing squats maybe 6 months ago. One day at a time...
werd

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Irishmen has a set of 4x4 wheels, no doubt.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahah. Thanks for the complements. I have always been pretty happy with my legs. Back when I got into bodybuilding about 6 years ago I never wanted to be the guy that had skinny legs and a big upper body, so since day one I've pretty much trained them harder than any other bodypart. I don't think I would even workout if something prevented me from training my legs. I'd probably just be the "healthy" guy.

Just got a great workout in. It was my "A2" workout. Bench was up from last week. Still nothing to write home about. My bench has always been kind of pathetic. One day at a time ;)... More detail on the workout in my LG log.

Heading to the pub in a couple hours for my buddy's going away party. Cheat meal night. Going to get a steak-burger and some porter. Cheers!...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice generic mouth wash :lol: Have fun man!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cant argue with that

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
the song in your avatar sounds awesome, dude you look pimp lol. I am part Irish, but it only shows in my beard. My chin hair is red.....while the rest of my hair is black......Irish peeps get all the ladies too....

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the song in your avatar sounds awesome, dude you look pimp lol. I am part Irish, but it only shows in my beard. My chin hair is red.....while the rest of my hair is black......Irish peeps get all the ladies too....
Ya, Dropkick Murphys. They are a great band. Missed them by five days last time I went to Boston. Huge bummer. I was driving up to Gloucester to hang out at the beach and I heard on the radio that they were going to be back for some big concert. I left the 5th, they came the 10th. :(

As for the ladies, hopefully I can get some good pictures tonight at the pub. It's a party, so we will see.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahah. Thanks for the complements. I have always been pretty happy with my legs. Back when I got into bodybuilding about 6 years ago I never wanted to be the guy that had skinny legs and a big upper body, so since day one I've pretty much trained them harder than any other bodypart. I don't think I would even workout if something prevented me from training my legs. I'd probably just be the "healthy" guy.

Just got a great workout in. It was my "A2" workout. Bench was up from last week. Still nothing to write home about. My bench has always been kind of pathetic. One day at a time ;)... More detail on the workout in my LG log.

Heading to the pub in a couple hours for my buddy's going away party. Cheat meal night. Going to get a steak-burger and some porter. Cheers!...
Very "Gangs of New York," bud. If you've never seen the movie then it's not as funny of a comment.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very "Gangs of New York," bud. If you've never seen the movie then it's not as funny of a comment.
Ya, I've seen it. haha.

I like to represent when I go to the pub around here. Let everyone know, "Hey, I'm Irish, I'm a professional man, and I mean business." --- "Now get me a burger, some porter and a couple fine wenches!"

That tramp, Fay, is about to hit my town in a few hours. Looks like rain for a couple days I'm guessing.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its been over here in Orlando for the last 4 days. Just constant rain and wind. Ive had to run to my car and run through foot deep puddles all week!! :aargh:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its been over here in Orlando for the last 4 days. Just constant rain and wind. Ive had to run to my car and run through foot deep puddles all week!! :aargh:
Ya, I hear yuh. I enjoy thunderstorms, but constant rain when you need to get stuff done can be an annoyance.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just had myself a grand cheat meal: Steak burger with Jack cheese, mushrooms and onions, steak fries, a loaf of dark bread with a glaze, fried green beans, a coffee with two shots of Jameson, and 4 pints of Irish Red microbrew. Ahhhmazing. That's it for my large cheat meals for a while.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I didnt even realize you had the Murphy's as your avi. You dig on Flogging Molly too? I've seen both live and even though I love me some dropkick...Flogging Molly's live quality was intense!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didnt even realize you had the Murphy's as your avi. You dig on Flogging Molly too? I've seen both live and even though I love me some dropkick...Flogging Molly's live quality was intense!
I totally agree. I'm going to see FM for the third time on Sept. 23rd in Baton Rouge.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I totally agree. I'm going to see FM for the third time on Sept. 23rd in Baton Rouge.
Thats awesome. They'll be in Philly on the 16th but I don't think i'll be able to get off of work for it. I am going on vacation this coming week and the on the 12th I have Yankee tickets. I've seen them more than most see them in a lifetime though, haha, so I guess i'm blessed either way!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you listen to The Tossers at all? Another great Irish Rock group. They come from Chicago's Southside, which is where I'm originally from. That's the big Irish part of Chicago.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know your Irish :lol: but keep in mind drinking on your cycle can be detrimental to your gains. Just my .02

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know your Irish :lol: but keep in mind drinking on your cycle can be detrimental to your gains. Just my .02
Yep. As I said, that was my last lavish cheat meal for a good while. I may have a pint on the weekend or something every once in a while, but I don't see myself drinking too much for a while. But honestly, it has never really seemed to affect me if I keep it to once a week or less. I never really go way overboard anyways. There is a reason I do so much cardio. If I have some whiskey, beer, or scotch then so be it. I try not to worry about it. I'd like to enjoy life.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Yep. As I said, that was my last lavish cheat meal for a good while. I may have a pint on the weekend or something every once in a while, but I don't see myself drinking too much for a while. But honestly, it has never really seemed to affect me if I keep it to once a week or less. I never really go way overboard anyways. There is a reason I do so much cardio. If I have some whiskey, beer, or scotch then so be it. I try not to worry about it. I'd like to enjoy life.
Yeah i feel the same way, once a week or so and I am fine. Its that drinking 3 or more nights a week that gets you good and fat(and lazy:yawn:)