Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 1: PAL's Anabolic Edge (sponsored)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^x2! Dedicated man! sheesh

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya, going without cardio now is kind of hard for me. Especially since I've upped the carbs a little. I feel like I can't miss out. It's weird how for so long you want to see your weight go up on the scale, and then after dieting for so long you hate to see your weight go up. You have to remind yourself that it's probably muscle.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to post these up. They were taken a few days ago.

Today is my final workout day on AE. I'll post up my final overall review this evening, and a link to my next log for Blue Gene which won't start quite right away.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd guess around 8-9%.
I'd guess around that. It looks lower when I shave, though.

To give you an idea, here's a picture of me back in June when I was about 173 and fully shaved...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookn thick and cut bro!! Back and chest look bigger to me since last pics. Back is looking WIDE mah friend!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking very Irish my friend, keep it up.

My favorite picture is still the Gangs of New York look when you were on your way out to the pub.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cheat Meal Night

Buddy and I cooked up some Corned Beef and Cabbage with some Samuel Adams Octoberfest. It was AMAZING!...

Last edited:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PAL's Anabolic Edge Final Review

Well, here it is...my FINAL review of Palo Alto Labs Anabolic Edge...

I had a great time running this product. Again, PAL has impressed me with an outstanding supplement that exceeded my goals. The most noticeable improvements in my training were...

Increased Endurance
Better Breathing
Increased Strength
Increased Vascularity

I give the product an 8/10. If I were to run it again, it would be a great addition to a testosterone improvement stack. It really acts incredibly for endurance, and really improved my workouts.

Squats went up over 30lbs
Bench went up over 15lbs
SLDL went up over 20lbs

Thanks again for choosing me to log this product.

A link to my Controlled Labs Blue Gene log will be up in this thread soon. Look out for it.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
your cheat night beats mine. I had 2 miller lite's and a nathan's hot dog...lol

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Great results, Irish! Good log! Looking forward to running this in my test boosting stack in the coming weeks!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Jeez, dude. I'm sorry. That sounds horrible. I'd give you my leftovers if I could.
I wrote about it in my log. I went to a yankee game that got fuggin rained out and all I have to show for it is my sh1tty cheat night.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I wrote about it in my log. I went to a yankee game that got fuggin rained out and all I have to show for it is my sh1tty cheat night.
Oh, that blows! Rainouts SUCK! :aargh:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Oh, that blows! Rainouts SUCK! :aargh:
I've been to at least 4 dozen games in my lifetime and this was my first. Worst part is with traffic, my travel time to get there and home was about 7 hours....to have a crappy cheat meal and not even see my team in their last year at the stadium.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I've been to at least 4 dozen games in my lifetime and this was my first. Worst part is with traffic, my travel time to get there and home was about 7 hours....to have a crappy cheat meal and not even see my team in their last year at the stadium.
That's brutal, man! Sorry things turned out that way.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice cheat meals. I had me a half bag of tortilla chips, an entire thing of salsa, an entire tray of sushi. :food: It was awesome

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good review IC, and nice gains you made along the way, very impressive.

Good looking cheat meal too btw - I like the mix of culturality there, the German-inspired corned beef/cabbage combo, and the Sam Adams brings to mind pure Irishness!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Definitely sux man, and especially since it's like the last homestand for the stadium right? You should try to see if they'll honor those tix for the very last game the 21st, just so you could say you were at the last game there ever.

And who knows - they're playing Baltimore that day, so they might even be able to get a win going out the door! :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist the inferred slight there, not a Yanks fan myself..)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Definitely sux man, and especially since it's like the last homestand for the stadium right? You should try to see if they'll honor those tix for the very last game the 21st, just so you could say you were at the last game there ever.

And who knows - they're playing Baltimore that day, so they might even be able to get a win going out the door! :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist the inferred slight there, not a Yanks fan myself..)
Yeah it was supposed to be the 1st game of the last homestand ever. 10 home games left. The make up game is tonight at 7pm but I have to go in to work at 3pm. If I was still at an hourly type job I would just go to the game...but now with being salary and all, I would be really screwing someone over if I decided not to show up today!

Yah...I know...they suck this year, haha.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yah...I know...they suck this year, haha.

Doing better than my Tigers.. Ah well, like they say - there's always next year.

Kudos to your loyalty to the job - that's impressive considering you seem to be a diehard fan..

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Doing better than my Tigers.. Ah well, like they say - there's always next year.

Kudos to your loyalty to the job - that's impressive considering you seem to be a diehard fan..
yah i've been a fan since birth basically. Something I had no choice in, haha.

I have no loyalty to my job though, so I cannot accept the kudos. I simply don't want to screw over any of the management team...and I don't want to screw over my workers by having them work for someone who's really cranky because I called out. I hate my job actually...lol.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you guys think about me taking a week off of training before I start BG? Not a week off the diet, but just lifting.

The last time I took a week off was July 1-5th when I was in Boston. So it's been about ten weeks. Everything has been getting trained hard, and each muscle group is getting worked twice a week every other week. I think I could use some recovery time.

Thoughts?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Irish, if you think you need some down time, then you do. Don't ignore your body's signals.

Take a couple 3-4 days off and see how you're feeling at that point, then go from there.

I can tell you from personal experience, not taking time off can snowball on ya. I hate down time, but it's a necessity.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take the rest, its a two-in-one. First, you get to recovery physically, which after 10 weeks is well needed. Secondly, you get a week to let your system clear out any residual components of your previous supp, which would be the best situation before starting an analytical assessment of a new product.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will probably take you guys' advice and take the week off. Normally I don't take off until it has been AT LEAST twelve weeks, but my training regimine is pretty rough on me, and I feel like this will probably help.

I ended up cheating on my diet again tonight, sadly. However, since I did an hour of cardio today (normally an off day but I figured why the heck not) I probably shouldn't feel as bad as I do. I went to the pub and I had some big chicken burger with a bunch of toppings on it, a few fries (asked for beans but they screwed itup), and about 20oz of stout. Didn't really plan on any of this tonight, but my bro invited me to a birthday party for one of his co-workers so I tagged along. I felt proud that I only had a little beer. They kept shoving it in my face but I kindly rejected it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't trump your show of discipline in controlling your alcohol consumption, but i can come close.

Took my brother to a Nightwish, Sonata Arctic concert last night. I got bored and famished (i was pretty much a taxi), I mean, FAMISHED.

Concert ended. In Downtown Los Angeles, there are hot dog carts where these vendors cook bacon wrapped hot dogs with the ambrosia like scent of grilled onions and peppers to accompany it.

This heart attack in a bun is one of the best tasting things I can think of. I passed by one of these vendor carts drooling, begging myself to let me have JUST ONE, grilled onions smell so damn good and so does grilling bacon, on top of that, hot dogs are one of my biggest guilty pleasures. It was all bad, because its all too good.

However, I fought my hunger pains and innate desire for this downtown L.A. ghetto treat and waited until I got home, where I had not as good, but 10'x's as healthy Salmon.

Good job on your end though, and wise choice with the forced recovery, I know how that goes. I have a hard time staying still.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I can't trump your show of discipline in controlling your alcohol consumption, but i can come close.

Took my brother to a Nightwish, Sonata Arctic concert last night. I got bored and famished (i was pretty much a taxi), I mean, FAMISHED.

Concert ended. In Downtown Los Angeles, there are hot dog carts where these vendors cook bacon wrapped hot dogs with the ambrosia like scent of grilled onions and peppers to accompany it.

This heart attack in a bun is one of the best tasting things I can think of. I passed by one of these vendor carts drooling, begging myself to let me have JUST ONE, grilled onions smell so damn good and so does grilling bacon, on top of that, hot dogs are one of my biggest guilty pleasures. It was all bad, because its all too good.

However, I fought my hunger pains and innate desire for this downtown L.A. ghetto treat and waited until I got home, where I had not as good, but 10'x's as healthy Salmon.

Good job on your end though, and wise choice with the forced recovery, I know how that goes. I have a hard time staying still.
I don't know how you do it, man. I mean, my diet is pretty damn clean, but in the rare event that I am out and I'm starving like that, I'd rather eat something greasy/fatty/unhealthy with a decent amount of protein in it than continue to walk around starving. And then I'll usually chase it with something healthy once I get home. :D

I just kinda figure my body will be happier trying to do something with bad food than with no food.

I would've tossed the bacon though... :p

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know how you do it, man. I mean, my diet is pretty damn clean, but in the rare event that I am out and I'm starving like that, I'd rather eat something greasy/fatty/unhealthy with a decent amount of protein in it than continue to walk around starving. And then I'll usually chase it with something healthy once I get home. :D

I just kinda figure my body will be happier trying to do something with bad food than with no food.

I would've tossed the bacon though... :p
I tend to be the same way. As long as it had a decent amount of protein, I'm fine. I usually carry around a bunch of those little packets of beef jerky in the case I need food. I tend to always be prepared. If I don't get food every few hours I get very cranky.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided that I will be taking off Sept 18th - Sept 24th. I will start up Blue Gene next Thursday after my break/recovery period. I will probably let up on my diet a tad, but nothing crazy. This morning I ended up having a medium sized pancake made with whole wheat blend flour. I didn't plan on it, but damn my brother leaving it out and saying, "I left some batter for you if you wanted to make a pancake." - He knows I didn't want to make a pancake, but I think he enjoys tempting me.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If I don't get food every few hours I get very cranky.
I was going to post that as soon as I read Volcom's post and then saw you beat me to it, haha.

I have gotten myself so trained to eat every 2.5-3.5 hours now that not eating during that time frame makes me a jerk, haha

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I was going to post that as soon as I read Volcom's post and then saw you beat me to it, haha.

I have gotten myself so trained to eat every 2.5-3.5 hours now that not eating during that time frame makes me a jerk, haha
I'm right there with you guys. My boss gets mad at me sometimes for always eating at my desk so much (something about it being "unprofessional", blah blah blah). I told her I am not fun to be around when I'm hungry and she just doesn't get it. One time she actually took my food away from me cuz we had outside visitors and I got pissed!!! :aargh: I told her, "Look, I get cranky, tired, and irritable if I'm hungry and I don't eat. I'm not hurting anyone, I'm just eating some food. Don't take my food away from me!" :aargh::aargh::aargh:

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm right there with you guys. My boss gets mad at me sometimes for always eating at my desk so much (something about it being "unprofessional", blah blah blah). I told her I am not fun to be around when I'm hungry and she just doesn't get it. One time she actually took my food away from me cuz we had outside visitors and I got pissed!!! :aargh: I told her, "Look, I get cranky, tired, and irritable if I'm hungry and I don't eat. I'm not hurting anyone, I'm just eating some food. Don't take my food away from me!" :aargh::aargh::aargh:

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Exactly. I've had the same problem. I'm sooo much more productive when I'm content after I eat. I don't even require a break, as long as I can eat when I need to. I don't mind working twelve hours straight as long as I have my food with me and don't get bugged about it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been preparing for a good restful week. I've got some things laid out to get done to try to make myself productive with all the free time I'm going to have.

I didn't mention yesterdays workout which was kind of odd. Some exercises went up, some exercises I felt extremely fatigued and went down. During some of the workout I was amped to be there, other parts I just wanted to go home. I can definitely tell I'm not really taking anything anymore to increase productivity in the gym.

I carbed up tonight in preparation for tomorrow mornings high-rep workout. The last workout before my break.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck holmes

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm officially on break. Had an unimpressive workout today, but pretty much what I expected. Most exercises were down. The absence of Anabolic Edge is very notable. Can't wait to start Blue Gene in a week. I feel I should be fully recovered and ready to hit it hard again.

I probably won't be lurking around the forums a ton. I've got a lot of school stuff going on this week, and my trip to Baton Rouge this coming Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone that kept up with my log. The link to the Blue Gene log will be posted probably Monday of next week.

Cheers, everyone.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Enjoy your time off, bro! Good luck with the school stuff and have a good trip!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have fun brosiheim!