Poll: Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

Page 1 of 25 123 ... Last
  1. Was Gerard Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?


    Was Gerard Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?


  2. I am almost sure that he was on at least a TRT dose of test while training for the movie. Most of the guys in it probably were. I have read articles on the very intense training they went through when preparing the for filming. Grueling endurance and strength training mostly. Regardless, they were all in very good shape.

  3. Yeah I think alot of them were. Unless you are very genetically gifted and live a muscle building lifestyle, it is very hard to have a physique like that without juice.

    A lot of actors probably get on gear for their movie roles.


    Hugh Jackman in X-Men.
    •   
       


  4. 300 was a great movie, but I think Gerald Butler was on steroids.

  5. Do the drugs used behind the scenes affect your opinion of the film?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  6. Not at all. I'm just inquiring.

  7. it's all good, just wasn't sure what the tone was. I'm sure some people will say that. But who cares.

    It could also be a li'l CGI. Maybe it's CGI and Steroids. That'd definitely make them look like they could kick some ass.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  8. Yeah, I was going to say. The CGI really enhanced what was already there, however there was still a lot of work involved.


    I was watching the movie 'P.S. I love you' that had Hillary Swank and Gerald Butler in it. This was also released in 2007 and he looks almost malnourshed in the movie.


    .......someone told me it was a good movie. They were wrong. I didn't like it.

  9. Over 100 views and only 12 votes. Worst participation ever.

  10. Yes, most of them were. Alot of actors use. 50 cent, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, the new 007 guy, forget his name. There are alot more.

  11. Daniel Craig ? Hm, I'm not so sure about that. He wasn't anything too crazy in 007.

  12. Brad Pitt was in 'Troy' though.

    Stallone was in the new 'Rocky' movie. lol.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Brad Pitt was in 'Troy' though.

    Stallone was in the new 'Rocky' movie. lol.
    Stallone was in every movie from early 80's up. I remember way back in the day when he befriended Mr Weider and Ahnold... He bacame ripped in no time. They did use a nice CGI/airbrush 'enhancing effect' in 300, but Butler was definitely on M1T.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say. The CGI really enhanced what was already there, however there was still a lot of work involved.


    I was watching the movie 'P.S. I love you' that had Hillary Swank and Gerald Butler in it. This was also released in 2007 and he looks almost malnourshed in the movie.


    .......someone told me it was a good movie. They were wrong. I didn't like it.
    First hint: It has Hillary Swank in it.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Stallone was in every movie from early 80's up. I remember way back in the day when he befriended Mr Weider and Ahnold... He bacame ripped in no time. They did use a nice CGI/airbrush 'enhancing effect' in 300, but Butler was definitely on M1T.


    lol, Butler was on M1T ?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Stallone was in every movie from early 80's up. I remember way back in the day when he befriended Mr Weider and Ahnold... He bacame ripped in no time. They did use a nice CGI/airbrush 'enhancing effect' in 300, but Butler was definitely on M1T.

    Yeah Stallone became well acquainted with steroids at a very early age.

  17. Robert Downy Jr. was also juiced for Ironman. Nothing too special or anything though.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Robert Downy Jr. was also juiced for Ironman. Nothing too special or anything though.
    Downy rules. He made an autobiography at an early age called Less Than Zero. New movie looks pretty funny.


    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.







  19. N/m. I take it back. Daniel Craig was probably on sauce too.

  20. I'd say so too. This was just before the Bond flick in '04:


    Name:  DanCr.jpg
Views: 9417
Size:  34.1 KB

  21. Daniel's chest looks sunken in that pic above. His delts are much bigger in the bond flick too.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Daniel's chest looks sunken in that pic above. His delts are much bigger in the bond flick too.
    It looks like his hair's much fuller up top, in the front in the bond pic too, which was after.

  23. I definitely feel that many stars run low-dose Test and some Anavar before filming. We cannot forget the ability to eat, sleep, and breathe training. While many of us are dedicated as possible, the natural stresses of payed labor can cause some very real hormonal changes that affect our ability to gain. If you had access to an entire team of outside perspective (that, really, is what a trainer provides), the highest quality food being cooked for you (as we all miss meals due to laziness), the highest quality equipment, and were being payed to get huge, your progress would be phenomenal! However, with that being said, I assume low-dose Test and Var would be the drugs of choice due to low side-effect profile and low proclivity for bloat.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I definitely feel that many stars run low-dose Test and some Anavar before filming. We cannot forget the ability to eat, sleep, and breathe training. While many of us are dedicated as possible, the natural stresses of payed labor can cause some very real hormonal changes that affect our ability to gain. If you had access to an entire team of outside perspective (that, really, is what a trainer provides), the highest quality food being cooked for you (as we all miss meals due to laziness), the highest quality equipment, and were being payed to get huge, your progress would be phenomenal! However, with that being said, I assume low-dose Test and Var would be the drugs of choice due to low side-effect profile and low proclivity for bloat.
    Yeah I've thought that before. With that type of support system it'd be much easier to transform your body at will.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I definitely feel that many stars run low-dose Test and some Anavar before filming. We cannot forget the ability to eat, sleep, and breathe training. While many of us are dedicated as possible, the natural stresses of payed labor can cause some very real hormonal changes that affect our ability to gain. If you had access to an entire team of outside perspective (that, really, is what a trainer provides), the highest quality food being cooked for you (as we all miss meals due to laziness), the highest quality equipment, and were being payed to get huge, your progress would be phenomenal! However, with that being said, I assume low-dose Test and Var would be the drugs of choice due to low side-effect profile and low proclivity for bloat.

    Primo ? Deca ?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Primo ? Deca ?
    I would assume neither of those; legitimate Primo is difficult to come by, even for people of that 'stature', and Deca can be associated with water retention. If I was given 16 weeks to transform my body, without the ability to run a bulk-cut phase, I would choose Testosterone Cypionate and Anavar.

    EDIT: And Trenbolone, but the health implications are fairly prominent there.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post






    N/m. I take it back. Daniel Craig was probably on sauce too.
    He was definetly was on the juice. He trained for a solid 6 months for that film

  28. Put it this way:

    You could not take an average, untrained, individual and modify their body to the point they are within the film, without assistance from anabolic and androgenic compounds.

    Conversely, you could not take an average, untrained, individual and modify their body with anabolic and androgenic compounds without assistance from a very strict nutritional and training regime.

    These results are from the combination of the two, IMO.

  29. Their job is to look good, so they commit 100% of their time to training, eating, juicing, etc....that's what they get paid as actors to do.


    However, I'm willing to get 99.99% of those Hollywood actors use anabolics for their films that require a 'big' look.








  30. X-Men was a great movie, but man that Hugh Jackman, that guy was on steroids.

  31. this has been something ive always wondered about actors when i see them in movies with a body better then years of work i have put into mine. although i have read that a lot of the abs in 300 where CGIed in, i would say out of all the spartans, some one was on something. even though they have trainers, nutritionists/cooks, and all the tools at there disposal. CGI, lighting, makup only goes so far. and we all know this to be a marathon not a sprint. i guess for the roles (achilles, king leonides, ect.) an un natural look is what is desired, and makes the characters that much more bad ass.
    but that is just me rambling on my .02 c

  32. Actors will say stuff like they worked out # hrs a day, etc, etc. I'm sure they trained for the role and dieted properly, but they also were 'on'. They just don't admit that last part.

  33. And then you have guys who stop taking 'roids to look more 'normal' in movies...


    Name:  Arnold.jpg
Views: 3162
Size:  37.6 KB


    Name:  Dwayne.jpg
Views: 3243
Size:  36.8 KB

  34. lol, arnold is a given.

    The Rock is smaller now than when he was in WWE. I think he admitted to jucing awhile ago.

  35. What do you think about Tobey McGuire in spiderman ? He's not that old, plus he wasn't really 'huge' per se.

  36. Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. Most of the actors mentioned here are not using anything but hard work and a good diet. If you think you can't attain those physiques except through steroid usage then you really know nothing about training and diet.

  37. God those Christian Bale photos are absurd. I seen both movies but seein the pics side by side is crazy. I think he lost 70 pounds for the Machinist movie. I think Tobey McGuire could go either way. He's now THAT big, but quite a bit bigger than normally.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. OMG-DINKY AZZ BUTLER MAKES THE FINAL
    By thebigt in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 01:18 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 10:33 PM
  3. Disaster Movie- Possibly Worst Movie of all time
    By RoadBlocK in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
  4. Free mock Stock Game, based on movie and movie stars
    By bombBoogie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 03:57 PM
  5. A Spartan Workout ~Gerard Butler
    By OCCFan023 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Log in
Log in