Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Was Gerard Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

Was Gerard Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I am almost sure that he was on at least a TRT dose of test while training for the movie. Most of the guys in it probably were. I have read articles on the very intense training they went through when preparing the for filming. Grueling endurance and strength training mostly. Regardless, they were all in very good shape.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I think alot of them were. Unless you are very genetically gifted and live a muscle building lifestyle, it is very hard to have a physique like that without juice.

A lot of actors probably get on gear for their movie roles.

Hugh Jackman in X-Men.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
300 was a great movie, but I think Gerald Butler was on steroids.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do the drugs used behind the scenes affect your opinion of the film?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's all good, just wasn't sure what the tone was. I'm sure some people will say that. But who cares.

It could also be a li'l CGI. Maybe it's CGI and Steroids. That'd definitely make them look like they could kick some ass.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was going to say. The CGI really enhanced what was already there, however there was still a lot of work involved.

I was watching the movie 'P.S. I love you' that had Hillary Swank and Gerald Butler in it. This was also released in 2007 and he looks almost malnourshed in the movie.

.......someone told me it was a good movie. They were wrong. I didn't like it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Over 100 views and only 12 votes. Worst participation ever.

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
Yes, most of them were. Alot of actors use. 50 cent, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, the new 007 guy, forget his name. There are alot more.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Daniel Craig ? Hm, I'm not so sure about that. He wasn't anything too crazy in 007.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Brad Pitt was in 'Troy' though.

Stallone was in the new 'Rocky' movie. lol.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Brad Pitt was in 'Troy' though.

Stallone was in the new 'Rocky' movie. lol.
Stallone was in every movie from early 80's up. I remember way back in the day when he befriended Mr Weider and Ahnold... He bacame ripped in no time. They did use a nice CGI/airbrush 'enhancing effect' in 300, but Butler was definitely on M1T.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I was going to say. The CGI really enhanced what was already there, however there was still a lot of work involved.

I was watching the movie 'P.S. I love you' that had Hillary Swank and Gerald Butler in it. This was also released in 2007 and he looks almost malnourshed in the movie.

.......someone told me it was a good movie. They were wrong. I didn't like it.
First hint: It has Hillary Swank in it. :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Stallone was in every movie from early 80's up. I remember way back in the day when he befriended Mr Weider and Ahnold... He bacame ripped in no time. They did use a nice CGI/airbrush 'enhancing effect' in 300, but Butler was definitely on M1T.

lol, Butler was on M1T ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

Yeah Stallone became well acquainted with steroids at a very early age.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Robert Downy Jr. was also juiced for Ironman. Nothing too special or anything though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

N/m. I take it back. Daniel Craig was probably on sauce too.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I'd say so too. This was just before the Bond flick in '04:

DanCr.jpg

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Daniel's chest looks sunken in that pic above. His delts are much bigger in the bond flick too.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Daniel's chest looks sunken in that pic above. His delts are much bigger in the bond flick too.
It looks like his hair's much fuller up top, in the front in the bond pic too, which was after.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely feel that many stars run low-dose Test and some Anavar before filming. We cannot forget the ability to eat, sleep, and breathe training. While many of us are dedicated as possible, the natural stresses of payed labor can cause some very real hormonal changes that affect our ability to gain. If you had access to an entire team of outside perspective (that, really, is what a trainer provides), the highest quality food being cooked for you (as we all miss meals due to laziness), the highest quality equipment, and were being payed to get huge, your progress would be phenomenal! However, with that being said, I assume low-dose Test and Var would be the drugs of choice due to low side-effect profile and low proclivity for bloat.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I definitely feel that many stars run low-dose Test and some Anavar before filming. We cannot forget the ability to eat, sleep, and breathe training. While many of us are dedicated as possible, the natural stresses of payed labor can cause some very real hormonal changes that affect our ability to gain. If you had access to an entire team of outside perspective (that, really, is what a trainer provides), the highest quality food being cooked for you (as we all miss meals due to laziness), the highest quality equipment, and were being payed to get huge, your progress would be phenomenal! However, with that being said, I assume low-dose Test and Var would be the drugs of choice due to low side-effect profile and low proclivity for bloat.
Yeah I've thought that before. With that type of support system it'd be much easier to transform your body at will.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

Primo ? Deca ?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Primo ? Deca ?
I would assume neither of those; legitimate Primo is difficult to come by, even for people of that 'stature', and Deca can be associated with water retention. If I was given 16 weeks to transform my body, without the ability to run a bulk-cut phase, I would choose Testosterone Cypionate and Anavar.

EDIT: And Trenbolone, but the health implications are fairly prominent there.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Put it this way:

You could not take an average, untrained, individual and modify their body to the point they are within the film, without assistance from anabolic and androgenic compounds.

Conversely, you could not take an average, untrained, individual and modify their body with anabolic and androgenic compounds without assistance from a very strict nutritional and training regime.

These results are from the combination of the two, IMO.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Their job is to look good, so they commit 100% of their time to training, eating, juicing, etc....that's what they get paid as actors to do.

However, I'm willing to get 99.99% of those Hollywood actors use anabolics for their films that require a 'big' look.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

X-Men was a great movie, but man that Hugh Jackman, that guy was on steroids.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
this has been something ive always wondered about actors when i see them in movies with a body better then years of work i have put into mine. although i have read that a lot of the abs in 300 where CGIed in, i would say out of all the spartans, some one was on something. even though they have trainers, nutritionists/cooks, and all the tools at there disposal. CGI, lighting, makup only goes so far. and we all know this to be a marathon not a sprint. i guess for the roles (achilles, king leonides, ect.) an un natural look is what is desired, and makes the characters that much more bad ass.
but that is just me rambling on my .02 c

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Actors will say stuff like they worked out # hrs a day, etc, etc. I'm sure they trained for the role and dieted properly, but they also were 'on'. They just don't admit that last part.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
And then you have guys who stop taking 'roids to look more 'normal' in movies...

Arnold.jpg

Dwayne.jpg

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
lol, arnold is a given.

The Rock is smaller now than when he was in WWE. I think he admitted to jucing awhile ago.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What do you think about Tobey McGuire in spiderman ? He's not that old, plus he wasn't really 'huge' per se.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. Most of the actors mentioned here are not using anything but hard work and a good diet. If you think you can't attain those physiques except through steroid usage then you really know nothing about training and diet.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
God those Christian Bale photos are absurd. I seen both movies but seein the pics side by side is crazy. I think he lost 70 pounds for the Machinist movie. I think Tobey McGuire could go either way. He's now THAT big, but quite a bit bigger than normally.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. Most of the actors mentioned here are not using anything but hard work and a good diet. If you think you can't attain those physiques except through steroid usage then you really know nothing about training and diet.
I know about diet, but I just don't know how to pack on 30 pounds of pure muscle in 3 months. I must've missed that class.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

I highly doubt Hollywood actors life a muscle building life style. In the same respect they also have their own stressful lives as they films for many, many hours at a time.

On top of that I guess any 30-40 yr old male can slap on 60 lbs of muscle in 6 months no problem.

Even for a young 18 yr old male with good genetics, 30 lbs of DRY muscle in 3 months is absurd.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
God those Christian Bale photos are absurd. I seen both movies but seein the pics side by side is crazy. I think he lost 70 pounds for the Machinist movie. I think Tobey McGuire could go either way. He's now THAT big, but quite a bit bigger than normally.

Well, Christian Bale dropped to 130lbs in The Machinist. In 6 months he got to 230lbs for Batman @ 6'1". He was approx 30 yrs old when he did this.

protein shakes and red meat isn't going to put on 100lbs of muscle in 6 months.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Well, Christian Bale dropped to 130lbs in The Machinist. In 6 months he got to 230lbs for Batman @ 6'1". He was approx 30 yrs old when he did this.

You forget about muscle memory. Bale has always had a great, great physique and great genetics. With the right training and diet it would be very easy for him to do that. Somethings very wrong when you think drugs are the only way to achieve a good physique.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established

Holy *****, I never really though much about the difference. That's like 16-17 pounds a month. That's a lot of protein... :food:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
You forget about muscle memory. Bale has always had a great, great physique and great genetics. With the right training and diet it would be very easy for him to do that. Somethings very wrong when you think drugs are the only way to achieve a good physique.
Drugs are the only way IMO. I'd never have the abs I do now if it wasn't for that 3 month crack binge.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Did you just see those Machinist pics I posted ? Muscle memory ? Christian Bale looks partially dead in those photos.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
In 6 months time, drugs are a vital part of it.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
I dunno about Hugh Jackman. He's a pretty big guy anyways (n.h.).