Aspirated and still had a coughing fit after injection?

friction515

friction515

Awards
  • Established
Got halfway through a glute injection and started tasting it in my mouth. Well at that point i asperated again and no blood. Then My lungs felt messed up. I aspirated again and this time the needle moved alittle and there was blood in it so i quit. Had a bad coughing fit and all its just ending now.

Questions:
Am I physically going to be ok?
Is the ml of test wasted?

BigMatty

Awards
Sounds like you went through a vein or vessel with the pin. you could have moved it around too much or got shakey causing you to get the blood on the second aspiration. physically you should be ok since the coughing etc have subsided. if they didnt well then you would have had a serious problem(911) as for the test i dont believe it is wasted but i could be wrong so maybe someone else can verify that for me. Hope that helped.

size

Awards
  • Established
You should be fine. Most likely you passed through a vein or moved the needle into a vein. In either case, this could have allowed a small amount of oil to enter your blood stream.

If one injects directly into a vein, one may cause an oil induced pulmonary embolism, in which case you will need to seek medical attention rapidly.

friction515

friction515

Awards
  • Established
I still feel wierd and am now running a fever of 99.6. Do you think this is due directly to this?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Got halfway through a glute injection and started tasting it in my mouth. Well at that point i asperated again and no blood. Then My lungs felt messed up. I aspirated again and this time the needle moved alittle and there was blood in it so i quit. Had a bad coughing fit and all its just ending now.

Questions:
Am I physically going to be ok?
Is the ml of test wasted?
what substance were you injecting

friction515

friction515

Awards
  • Established
Woke up this morning and all is well. Thanks for the help though.

MTNMEDIC

Pulminary embolisim,..not much they can do for ya really. whew ! be careful bra.

size

Awards
  • Established
Woke up this morning and all is well. Thanks for the help though.
I am glad to see that you are feeling better. It is always best to be cautious when using AAS especially injectables. Anxiety about these issues often can be a problem, even when no medical risk is present.

BigMatty

Awards
Glad to see your feeling ok now. safety is key, be carefull

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Stupid question but what dose coughing have to do with injections. I ask that because i got bad case of coughing last week after injecting tren enthate!!!

size

Awards
  • Established
Stupid question but what dose coughing have to do with injections. I ask that because i got bad case of coughing last week after injecting tren enthate!!!
Coughing can be a symptom of a pulmonary embolism, which can be caused by injecting oil into a vein.

Bob Hedrick

Awards
The oil travels very quickly to the lungs. It also, thankfully, is broken down very quickly in the bloodstream so you are generally fine in a few minutes. (Just scares the tar out of you until its over.)

friction515

friction515

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, its very scary. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me out with this. I'll be much, much more careful in the future.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man good to hear it's all okay. Pinning scares the living hell out of me and this is one of those reasons. I know how scary it can be when you're not sure what's going on but you're afraid of hitting the emergency room for something uneeded.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
so if you continue coughing couple of days after the injection, then the problem with coughing has nothing to do with hitting a vien?!

size

Awards
  • Established
so if you continue coughing couple of days after the injection, then the problem with coughing has nothing to do with hitting a vien?!
I like to believe that it is not related. However, if the coughing started following an injection and has not ceased then I would consider that it could be related. A pulmonary embolism can cause permanent damage to parts of the lungs from lack of blood flow to the lung tissue.

size

Awards
  • Established
It's unbelievable that in the late 80s/early 90s I was injecting like a madman and never aspirated and never died. Without message boards like this, so many people would probably be dead by now...
It is amazing that today individuals still question the necessity for aspiration. An oil induced pulmonary embolism is nothing to mock. Injecting needs to be taken very seriously and professionally otherwise it can be a serious mistake.

Good link.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
I like to believe that it is not related. However, if the coughing started following an injection and has not ceased then I would consider that it could be related. A pulmonary embolism can cause permanent damage to parts of the lungs from lack of blood flow to the lung tissue.
I dont think its pulmonary embolism since i think i was coughing before i even started the cycle. Problem is my gear color is dark amber, so i worried that when i aspiritate and draw blood i wont be able to tell because the dark color of the oil. I also almost always get buble when i aspiritate........blah i dont know this **** scares me for some reason.

size

Awards
  • Established
I dont think its pulmonary embolism since i think i was coughing before i even started the cycle. Problem is my gear color is dark amber, so i worried that when i aspiritate and draw blood i wont be able to tell because the dark color of the oil. I also almost always get buble when i aspiritate........blah i dont know this **** scares me for some reason.
Since you were coughing before, I think you are alright. :)

Being concerned about inejcting is healthy, in my opinion. If one is not concerned then I think one might get sloppy/careless.

In regards to aspiration and the amber oil, when one aspirates when in a vein, blood RAPIDLY jumps into the barrel holding the oil. The slightest of a retraction on the plunger will cause this to occur. One should be able to see this occur even with amber colored oil. Just remember to always be safe and practice caution.