Cycle log w/ pics suggetions appreciated

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Anyone have thoughts or specific things that they've done to help their chest grow? I'm getting a lot stronger but I swear my chest just won't grow. My chest day looks like this:

Incline bench 4x10 finishing at 245lbs
    Flat flyes 4x12
    Incline DB press 4x8 finishing with 100lbs
    Cable crossover 4x12

I'm hitting chest twice a week and on the second day my routine looks like this

Incline DB 4x6-8 heavy as possible
    Flat bench 4x6-8 heavy as possible usually around 275 with a 5th set at 185 for as many reps as possible
    Cable crossovers at alternating positions 4x12
    4 sets of 25 push ups
    4 sets of 15 dips

Any ideas thoughts or suggestions would be great.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

I do cheat twice per week as well. What I do is switch it up from one day of heavy compounds and the next workout I go light and super set eith flys. I also like to pyramid with little rest.
    Expect problems and eat them for breakfast like a CHAMP!http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253163-halfhuman-takes-mdx.html#post4571200
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

What are your thoughts on going very heavy and using a rep range of only 3-5?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25
    What are your thoughts on going very heavy and using a rep range of only 3-5?
    If your doing cheat twice per week it'll gain will stall and get used to going heavy all the time. It good to shock the muscles. You can go heavy say mon and thur go with higher reps (12-15) I like to superset with flys when In in the 12-15 range.
    Expect problems and eat them for breakfast like a CHAMP!http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253163-halfhuman-takes-mdx.html#post4571200
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    If your doing cheat twice per week it'll gain will stall and get used to going heavy all the time. It good to shock the muscles. You can go heavy say mon and thur go with higher reps (12-15) I like to superset with flys when In in the 12-15 range.
    Solid plan
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  204 lbs.

[QUOTE=hardwork25;3321170]Anyone have thoughts or specific things that they've done to help their chest grow? I'm getting a lot stronger but I swear my chest just won't grow.

First off, you're pretty shredded bro especially w Crohns this cycle should get you yuuuuge. Currently on my first, just Test E 425 (and a little d-bol start winny tabs finish).

One thing that I do usually second third or fourth exercise in my chest routine is supersets with cables then incline pushups on a box. First set you'll do a lot of pushups but by fourth set you'll probably be doing 10-15 and less and less if you want to add more sets (I time myself and rest 1 min btwn). Definitely a good way to shock the chest and add a ton of volume to your routine, although obviously it's not heavy.

Just my two cents on something to throw in, if anything every once in a while...keep it up broski!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  204 lbs.

PS I got into great shape one summer not even going to the gym and just doing tons of sets of pull-ups, pushups and ball crunches (the "prison" routine). High volume could definitely work but I'm going with more of a mix now.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.

Have no idea how you get that skinny, but you look good.
    Keep up good work, you are nice and toned.

I would def add an AI to your cycle. Letro or something.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it a ton. Helps keep me motivated. That and seeing some of you mutherfers pictures all super hyoooge and swole.

There is so much info out there im just trying to make sure im hitting the fundamentals and building from that. Love the idea of a prison routine might throw that in there one week as a micro cycle to change it up.

Keep the suggestions coming guys please and any critique you might have I'd like to hear it.

I will post more pics tomorrow specifically of my chest and back and see what your guys thoughts are.

"stay pissed, stay focused"
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Looks sweet man. Im in for the ride. As far as chest goes... increase the time under tension TOT. Bring the weights down slower and explode up, this causes your muscles to recruit more fiber for the amount of stress you put on em when coming down with the weight. Just a thought since its something I do and it works for me. Good luck and keep killing it.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice
  11. Registered User

Incorporate any and all lifting principles to keep ur chest guessing on the routine. Incline movements, and especially DB incline at 30* has helped tremendously in my chest growth. While others steer away from the smith machine, I also use it from time to time for a good shock to my chest. Another very helpful workout that is often overlooked it DB pullovers and straight bar pullovers...
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

^^^^^ x2 all that ^^^^
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Really interested in seeing where this goes for you bro! I have high hopes and to add to what others said you are hella shredded already. We gonna get some leg shots?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  204 lbs.

Also don't forget pre-exhaustion - i.e. isolation exercises like cables / DB flys and getting your chest tired first before bench and other compounds so your chest, and not your tri's, is the one that's doing all the work and will be burning like a mofo. Sort of similar to the cable / inc pushup supersets, and again I wouldn't do it all the time but definitely a good way to switch it up.

By the way, what's your ab routine like?? I know it's mainly a matter of having low body fat but just curious that's definitely one of your strong points brah!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Thanks guys I'm excited about the journey.

I cut alcohol completely out of my diet and am trying to eat anything and everything as long as its not fast food and loaded with fat. I'm practically doing zero cardio except when I'm lifting it's intense fast and I'm sweating my ass off.

3 days a week I get up at 5:30 and do abs and calves. I am lucky in the fact that I have good genetics when it comes to abs but I also make sure that when I'm in the gym I try not to sit and each exercise I focus on squeezing my stomach.

Leg pics are coming tomorrow. Chest an back pics will be posted today.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Thanks for the tips on my chest I will be incorporating those ideas into my routine progressively.

Quick question for you guys:

In college I was 225 lbs outside linebacker. Yesterday I weighed in at 203. I still have 12 weeks left on my cycle. Do you think it's realistic to put on another 30 pounds or more? I only ask because since my body has been there before I would "hope" that getting back there wouldn't be as difficult as say someone who's gettin there for the first time? Does that make sense?

Thanks again fellas
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  204 lbs.

Take whatever I say w a grain of salt bc I'm not that experienced with AAS, but that definitely makes sense. I'll bet you're more solid now than back then, I think at ~21 years old most guys can have better separation and size in some respects but as you get to later 20's you dense up a little if that makes any sense. So I would bet if you got back to 225 it would be a better 225, and on what you're taking (I think it was > 1 g per week total AAS right?) you should have no problem as long as you keep your macros up and keep the Crohn's at bay...

Also a decent amt would be water but that's ok just make sure to follow the vets' advice on good pct n stuff
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Trying to get to that weight can be done. But it will not be a clean shredded 225. You will definitely put on fat and a good deal of water weight. I would rather be a shredded 200 than a "puffy" 225.

I'm a fan of clean bulking vs. Dirty since having done both. After a dirty bulk you gave months to shred that extra fat off. If its clean you will gain quality muscle that stays around.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Yeah I'm trying very hard to clean bulk. Especially with my crohns I'm trying not to dump a bunch of crap in my body. My diet is mostly chicken tuna oats lean deli meat eggs peanut butter fruit and almonds.

My diet on a normal day

6am- weight gainer shake
    8am- oatmeal, banana, 3 eggs
    10am- yogurt almonds
    11:30am-protein shake
    1pm-large sub sandwich and fruit
    3pm- 6oz tuna
    5pm-protein shake
    6pm-banana, almonds
    7:30pm-protein shake (after workout)
    8:30pm- 2 whole chicken breasts
    10pm-casein protein shake

Obviously this varies and some days I eat more than this but this is a typical normal day for me for the most part. Thoughts?? Suggestions??
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Forgot to add that I'm adding 2 tablespoons olive oil to my protein shakes and also eating natural peanut butter on whole wheat toast most mornings.

I'm trying to add more pasta for carbs and I know I need to eat more meat just difficult right now working two jobs. I'm very rarely around any cooking appliance lol.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Chest day last night and it went like this:

Incline bench press
    225x6
    235x5
    245x3

DB incline press
    100x4
    95x6
    90x8

Flat flyes
    4x12

Cable crossovers superset with pushups
    4x8
    10 pushups between each set
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Yeah I'm trying very hard to clean bulk. Especially with my crohns I'm trying not to dump a bunch of crap in my body. My diet is mostly chicken tuna oats lean deli meat eggs peanut butter fruit and almonds.

My diet on a normal day

6am- weight gainer shake
    8am- oatmeal, banana, 3 eggs
    10am- yogurt almonds
    11:30am-protein shake
    1pm-large sub sandwich and fruit
    3pm- 6oz tuna
    5pm-protein shake
    6pm-banana, almonds
    7:30pm-protein shake (after workout)
    8:30pm- 2 whole chicken breasts
    10pm-casein protein shake

Obviously this varies and some days I eat more than this but this is a typical normal day for me for the most part. Thoughts?? Suggestions??
    That looks like a very good & clean diet. The only thing I'd change is add a decent amt of carbs for right after workouts. I assume the "protein shake" after workout is only protein, but from what I've read on more than a few occasions after glycogen consuming workouts (aka workouts) you need carbsrotein at a 2:1 ratio. Maybe you could get away with less like 1.5 or 1:1, but definitely need to have carbs after workout that's a critical time, especially if you're going for gaining muscle & mass.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/198301-first-cycle-log.html
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Ok I'll incorporate carbs right after my workout as well. Suggestions? I don't want anything to heavy like pasta as I think I'll feel very full. Also should I consume them right after or say an hour after my workout with my meal?
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Forgot to post a few new pics so here they are:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Looking lean bro....I was wondering does anyone take in say a cookie or so post workout with your protein shake? For the insulin spike and for the simple carbs?
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Looking lean bro....I was wondering does anyone take in say a cookie or so post workout with your protein shake? For the insulin spike and for the simple carbs?
    Not a cookie exactly but I'm with you on the simple carbs right after and before workout. Pre-workout my latest favorite has been rice crispy treats, 57 g carbs 26 sugar, 2 protein and 8 fat. After workout I take Size-Up from met-rx and that's like 60 g protein 80 carbs + a banana.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

A cookie would be perfect easy quick plus wouldn't make me feel bloated.

I like that idea
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Ok I'll incorporate carbs right after my workout as well. Suggestions? I don't want anything to heavy like pasta as I think I'll feel very full. Also should I consume them right after or say an hour after my workout with my meal?
    Right after for sure, there's a window of like 15 to 45 min after your workout where your muscles are like a sponge. Even throwing in a banana with your protein (I personally love banana + chocolate) would be much better than just protein. But I prefer a shake like either Size-Up from Met-Rx or Tech X Mass from Bodytech. 4 scoops is 60 g protein / 80 or 90 g carbs but you can tweak it like 3 scoops + a scoop of just whey if you want the same protein but not so many carbs.

I think it's better for you / easier to digest liquid nutrients right after workout anyway, and then have a good meal like hour and a half or two hrs later. Dude if you haven't been eating carbs post workout you will blow up! Probably get a lot stronger too, especially on this cycle.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Perfect doing them both like those ideas a lot. Plus gets me a little bit of sweets in my diet.

Thanks
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25
    A cookie would be perfect easy quick plus wouldn't make me feel bloated.

I like that idea
    Yea that's what I do. I take about two girl scout cookies lol. Delicious.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 09:08 PM
  2. new cycle...input appreciated
    By JTwitch in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
  3. Gyno question, suggetions please
    By cabby in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 10:58 AM