I need accutane info...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna use accutane for my upcoming PCT cuz I get a considerable amount of acne on the face then. Was using Minocycline, but that ain't cuttin' it no more.

I was thinking of using about 40mg to start myself out on and acess how I'm doing. Is that a good idea?

Also, tests need to be run during this time, so is a liver panel enough, or should I opt for additional ones? If so, which ones?

Some fast input would be nice as I'm ordering tomorrow, etc...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hey J, it kinda builds up in your system so if you take right from the start, sometime 20 is good enough, but usually 40 before it's all over. I never go higher than 40, I'm supp. with tret cream if needed. Never had a bad liver check at 40mg or less. As for the mino, if you take a little break every now and then it will work better when you start back. Oh yeah, take the acc w/ food it helps absorbsion.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey J, it kinda builds up in your system so if you take right from the start, sometime 20 is good enough, but usually 40 before it's all over. I never go higher than 40, I'm supp. with tret cream if needed. Never had a bad liver check at 40mg or less. As for the mino, if you take a little break every now and then it will work better when you start back. Oh yeah, take the acc w/ food it helps absorbsion.

Thanks bro.....I think I'll just start off with 20 at first. I just got done reading a shitload of info from guys that have used it before. They say after so long, you may even be able to get away with 40mg EOD that would be the ****, and also cheap.

I gotta stock up on some lotion, chapstick, etc, now... :trout:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro.....I think I'll just start off with 20 at first. I just got done reading a shitload of info from guys that have used it before. They say after so long, you may even be able to get away with 40mg EOD that would be the ****, and also cheap.

I gotta stock up on some lotion, chapstick, etc, now... :trout:
No prob, they told you right. A lot of times 20 is enough, unless you get a late start on it.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
been wondering about this myself as during PCT my acne just got HORRIBLE last time....on the chest/back, not as much the face though, luckily :)

I've been taking 6-8 grams vitamin B5 for the last 2 weeks, that does seem to be helping, although I should have started earlier (I understand the same is true with accutane). Next time I'll be starting right at post cycle, I'm thinking 20 and B5 should do it

Peal

Banned
Awards
20 should do it for you, I'd start at that dosage to see how you respond anyway. Blood work might not be a bad idea before you start it.

MDK_Killer

Awards
good stuff

Yeah that other crap dosnt work. I took accutane, and all of the acne I got on my back is gone. It has some side effects though and its hard for the doctor to give it to you.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that other crap dosnt work. I took accutane, and all of the acne I got on my back is gone. It has some side effects though and its hard for the doctor to give it to you.

How long did you take it for and at what dose(es)?

Hows about everyone who's used it in the past/present, list your time on it and amount of dose used. Thanks...

cobra1414

Awards
40mg for 5 months was the first cycle my dermatologist had me run. When you first start it you'll likely break out real bad, but you should be totally clear after the first month.

Ran it second time at a higher dose (wanna say 80ed but I honestly can't remember) for 5 months because acne came back. Worked great again while on. Acne came back again, though it was never even close to as bad as before.

I've pretty much been using retin-a ever since and that keeps me almost totally clear. I've pretty much lost hope that I'll ever be "off-meds" for acne though.

Peal

Banned
Awards
40mg for 5 months was the first cycle my dermatologist had me run. When you first start it you'll likely break out real bad, but you should be totally clear after the first month.

Ran it second time at a higher dose (wanna say 80ed but I honestly can't remember) for 5 months because acne came back. Worked great again while on. Acne came back again, though it was never even close to as bad as before.

I've pretty much been using retin-a ever since and that keeps me almost totally clear. I've pretty much lost hope that I'll ever be "off-meds" for acne though.
I once used to think that I would forever be dependent upon meds for acne control, but one day I just stopped and the acne hasn't come back.