Steroids for Physical Therapy... A Medicinal use Theory

giguy

Awards
Hi all,

So Im 25 250 lbs 6 ft 1in. I have never taken juice before so i wanted to come on some forums and ask a couple of questions to you guys who have some experience, so i can get a sense of what i may be dealing with.

Here is my issue. I was an athletic guy, I served in the army, and lifted religiously for a couple years at one point in time... until my injuries.

I suffered a herniated disc in the lower back. As well as had a nerve pinched in my neck and also had a torn labrum in my shoulder. My back injury was bad enough that i had to have back surgery, so needless to say i lift very carefully now days and if I do squats I use the smith bar and I go light ~135 and a little more if my back is feeling good that day. I experienced a pinched nerve and felt the shock running down my leg thus half of my backside had muscle atrophy due to the nerve shock.

The pinched nerve in my neck was not taken care of like it should have so when a nerve is pinched the muscles around it atrophy at alarming rates and its very difficult to build that muscle back up. Its like its plateaued.

Ive been living for a while with these horrible muscle imbalances.. Ive put on weight because i cant run or lift like I used to.

SO heres the ingenious idea.

I need something to shock these muscles into growth, and its not going to be extremely heavy lifting because of the injuries. I was thinking that if I got on anabolics and worked as hard as I could (still keeping in mind the injuries), then maybe I could return my body to a more comfortable mobile state (because i have muscle imbalances due to pinched nerve injuries)

For those of you who dont know what a pinched nerve injury feels like, imagine the feeling of getting stabbed repetitively in the area of where your nerve runs through whichever muscle, until it atrophies, but all the other muscles around it are the same.
Fatigue now sets in on that muscle early when you get up in the morning, and other muscles around the injured one overcompensate for it.

1. Well all of you cant be doctors, HA! but you should have some thoughts.

2. I plan on getting some anabolics, and i was hoping some of you would recommend which types I should go on, be it that I cannot fully maximize my lifting potential because of the injuries.

Thanks for your help, Im looking forward to your posts!

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I'd get some MGF which could potentially helpe with nerve repair, as well as some acetylcarnitine, agmatine, and creatine... although in most studies nerve repair is induced via injection, but there could be a systemic effect. Agmatine causes the release of peptides such as NGF. As far as juice goes, steroids with medicinal uses in cachexia are deca and oxandralone (anavar), as well as possibly ostarine (although you could consider it a gamble because of the infancy of the field of SARMs). SAMe which increases the amount of polyamines availabe could also help, along with cynatine, a protein that could help inhibit catabloic enzymes in the joints. If I were you I'd get in with a GOOD chiropractic, many offer deals on initial consultations, and you can tell pretty quickly if you are compatible with the doctor, as well as if he or she is competent. i would look into something like Z-health, which helps to retrain your muscles into a more natural state, as well as provide prehabilitative advantages. Eric Cressey and his buddies have also published a lot of good, free information on the net about pre/rehabilitation. Warming up, isolating each side of the body individually, and starting light to correct imbalances before you move on are all imperative. Us guys with injuries don't have the luxury of getting up, squatting 400 with no warm-up, then eating mcdonalds and growing. However, when we take the proper measures, we can effecively control and manage our injuries.