M-drol volume

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Got a quick question. I have done cycles before including m-drol, havoc, epi, and some other non-hormonal stuff too. Anyway, I have always bumped up the volume when going on cycle. This has worked well, excluding the knee injury from my last havoc cycle (not sure if it was related but I think so).

Anyway, I have started the stronglift 5x5 program. I didnt start with the low weights that Medhi recommends, but maybe 75% of my 5x5 max. I have been making good progress and all, but I am wondering if I am "wasting" some of the advantages of the M-drol? Should I bump up volume or swap plans until off cycle?

Thoughts?

I am eating over maintainance but gaining fat with muscle so I may cut this back a little.

No cardio, but due to above reason, I may re-introduce some light stuff on off days from lifting.

NOT a support supps or "Do I need OTC or Nolva" thred. Just wondering about the volume, and maybe the calories. Not a newbie, but I also know I dont know everything.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Should I take my m-drol with everclear to help it absorb into the bloodstream? I m also thinking of doubling up on the dose.

Ok.....just kidding. But this cycle is already begun and I would hate to miss out on gains. The 5x5 talks specifically about avoiding doing extra, but they also arent assuming m-drol is in play I assume.

Thoughts on above? Thanks/reps.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Anyone? So the newbs get answers and I ask for an opinion and get nothing. I know how to run these, and know that typically you up volume. I am just wondering about the stronglift 5x5 with mdrol as it specifically calls to NOT do extra. Also, this is first time I have run ph that ive gained so much fat compared to muscle.

Thoughts.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it were me I would think about what works for me already and go from there.

The huge advantage of anabolics is recovery so personally I would always lean towards higher volume if hypertrophy was the goal. It is harder to overtrain while on this type of compound than training naturally so take advantage of it.

The way I would look at it is you can always cut back on volume if it isn't working for you. Generally I would start with a more traditional hypertrophy programme unless I have reason to believe this wouldn't be best. 5 x 5 is not strictly a size programme so if you aren't growing like you would like try something that is more associated with muscle growth and scale down if you overestimate how much volume you can handle.

This is coming from a training perspective, not someone who is experienced in anabolics so someone who has used M-Drol or similar compounds are welcome to chime in with personal experiences.

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
If it were me I would think about what works for me already and go from there.

The huge advantage of anabolics is recovery so personally I would always lean towards higher volume if hypertrophy was the goal. It is harder to overtrain while on this type of compound than training naturally so take advantage of it.

The way I would look at it is you can always cut back on volume if it isn't working for you. Generally I would start with a more traditional hypertrophy programme unless I have reason to believe this wouldn't be best. 5 x 5 is not strictly a size programme so if you aren't growing like you would like try something that is more associated with muscle growth and scale down if you overestimate how much volume you can handle.

This is coming from a training perspective, not someone who is experienced in anabolics so someone who has used M-Drol or similar compounds are welcome to chime in with personal experiences.
Thanks for advice. I may actually stop and start over. 1/2 way through a 6 week pulse and starting to get sick now. WTF!! Anyway, going to see hwo it plays out tomorow. I will probably go back to 5x5 when back off, but I think I will up volume in meantime.

Thanks man.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for advice. I may actually stop and start over. 1/2 way through a 6 week pulse and starting to get sick now. WTF!! Anyway, going to see hwo it plays out tomorow. I will probably go back to 5x5 when back off, but I think I will up volume in meantime.

Thanks man.
Besides the training style... your pulsing mdrol????

Let us know how that went for ya with pct and sides ect if you dont mind, Id be interested to find out!!

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Besides the training style... your pulsing mdrol????

Let us know how that went for ya with pct and sides ect if you dont mind, Id be interested to find out!!
Thought about posting log but thought m-drol being not so recent, not much interest would be out there.

I just may post a log here (rather a link, as this isnt right section)

But in general, not bad on the sides and decent gains so far.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
the reason I think a ton of people aren't responding is that it's different for everyone. You can certainly train a lot harder but as for what will work for you there is no formula. Its not like

(normal training volume ) * (roids) * 1.438 = fukin huge

when I've used mdrol I always up the reps a bit just because the pump is so facking awesome but the general rule when on juice is not that a certain way of working out is best but just that whatever works best for you, do that, but go a little harder and more frequently. just my .02