High doses of nandrolone decanoate reduce volume of testis and length of seminiferous

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
High doses of nandrolone decanoate reduce volume of testis and length of seminiferous tubules in rats.

Noorafshan A, Karbalay-Doust S, Ardekani FM.

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. [email protected]

Anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) compounds rank among the drugs most widely abused with the goal of improving athletic ability, appearance, or muscle mass. It has been shown that these compounds have adverse effects on human and animal physiology and sperm quality, but quantitative structural changes of the testis have received less attention. The present study was conducted to evaluate the effects of nandrolone decanoate, which is one of the AAS compounds, on testis weight and volume, diameter and length of seminiferous tubules in rats by unbiased stereological methods. Adult rats were divided into three groups. The first comprised control rats; the second and third groups received low and high doses of nandrolone decanoate for 14 weeks. The rats were then left untreated for 14 weeks. After removal of the testis, stereological study of these tissues showed that the mean volume of testis and length of the seminiferous tubules in the animals that received high doses of nandrolone decanoate were reduced approximately 32% (p<0.01) and approximately 31% (p<0.04), respectively, in comparison with the control group. It can be concluded that the high doses of nandrolone decanoate produce structural changes in the rat testis that remain 14 weeks after stopping injection of the drug.

PMID: 15723686 [PubMed - in process]

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
After removal of the testis, stereological study of these tissues showed that the mean volume of testis and length of the seminiferous tubules in the animals that received high doses of nandrolone decanoate were reduced approximately 32% (p<0.01) and approximately 31% (p<0.04), respectively, in comparison with the control group.[PubMed - in process]
Man, am I glad I'm not a lab rat. :box: They should have at least given the poor fucker some clomid before they neutered him, so that he could have died with some shred of respect.

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
Man, am I glad I'm not a lab rat. :box: They should have at least given the poor fucker some clomid before they neutered him, so that he could have died with some shred of respect.
For real. But does the article mention what the mg/kg doses were? I mean, we could be talking huge amounts administered to these rats. Nonetheless, another err on the side of caution.:think:

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hehe... poor basterds.

But I'm not surprised at all.. It's deca afterall. :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
ok ... so we now know that your nuts shrink while you're on gear and if you don't do PCT they won't come back ... got it

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
ok ... so we now know that your nuts shrink while you're on gear and if you don't do PCT they won't come back ... got it
Exactly, that was my point about giving the poor fuckers some clomid.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
poor rats. :(

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
**** the rats, i just got some deca for myself.... oh well, i have plenty of testicles to spare:trout: