Creatine...waste of money?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. "why in the hell have you been taking legal AAS and havnt even touched creatine???"
    this is because I dont trust OTC supplements, I was always taught to believe that pharmaceutical strength medications are a better deal than those supps

Im 29 and have been working out for 5ish years. I have a pituitary tumor so I dont secrete much test, but wasnt diagnosed and ditn recieve TRT till 2 years ago.

As for looking at creatine studies, I have honestly not foudn any studies that compare the anabolic properties of creatine to AAS, so my questrion still remained unanswered. Creatine mediates protein syunthesis via this and that factor, same explanations for AAS. What I wanted was a comparison.

As for side effects of creatine, I have read some articles about it being responsible for renal failure, as the kidneys have had to work a bit too hard since creatine is excreted in urine. But then, that was only a few.

Thanks for teh advice though, Ill be trying creatine

2. Quote Originally Posted by rombusempire View Post
    "why in the hell have you been taking legal AAS and havnt even touched creatine???"
    this is because I dont trust OTC supplements, I was always taught to believe that pharmaceutical strength medications are a better deal than those supps

Im 29 and have been working out for 5ish years. I have a pituitary tumor so I dont secrete much test, but wasnt diagnosed and ditn recieve TRT till 2 years ago.

As for looking at creatine studies, I have honestly not foudn any studies that compare the anabolic properties of creatine to AAS, so my questrion still remained unanswered. Creatine mediates protein syunthesis via this and that factor, same explanations for AAS. What I wanted was a comparison.

As for side effects of creatine, I have read some articles about it being responsible for renal failure, as the kidneys have had to work a bit too hard since creatine is excreted in urine. But then, that was only a few.

Thanks for teh advice though, Ill be trying creatine
    Sounds solid then. You should definitely looked into creatine first things, sucks it took so long for you to find this place and get steered in the right direction for such a "staple" supp IMO.

YES creatine has been overblown as a kidney killer... namely cause of highschool kids and other people who just overdose the hell outta everything past the point of feasible return benefits only to realize the metabolite produced by unused creatine (creatinine) is highly toxic and is definitely not good for your liver.

Basically the proper recommended dose of 10g creatine monohydrate for a week of loading then down to a daily pre or post workout 5g will NOT give any ill effects, only benefits. although any amount of monohydrate can give some stomach cramps, diarhea, or bloating, most is avoidable if you pay attention to your diet and dont take monohydrate with stuff like orange juice(did this once and puked 5 min later)

Honestly like the others have said take a wide spectrum version of the compound so you will have a better absorbtion of the compound, more benifits from the different types, less sides and most likely a longer half life in the body.

Benefits from increased ATP production to speedy recovery (both interset/workout and muscle rehabilitation) have already been mentioned and really I dont see why some one WOULDNT take creatine, responsibly. Its produced in your own body the same as testosterone and basically necessary to function and we can exploit its benefits like many other amino acids, hormones and compounds we take on a daily to increase our muscle mass and improve our body functions.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rombusempire View Post
    Creatine is nothing like steroids. You're comparing apples to oranges so I'm not surprised theres no studies.

There is nothing like steroids...

Steroids are stronger than creatine in terms of muscle building.

If you're natural though, creatine is the strongest thing out there for muscle building. It will hydrate the muscles and make them look really full (almost looks like you're on steroids) but one must remember it is water weight. Now this environment in the muscles is better at building muscle than a "normal" environment. I'm not going into why because it's too long and complicated and I don't even understand most of it, but it is.

I have gotten steroid like gains in appearance from creatine alone before. It is mild, but enough for people to say "How did you get so big so fast?"

But no steroid like gains strength, and no steroid like gains in actual muscle built.

Overtime, using creatine will allow way more muscle built than naturally can do within that same time span.

But no, nothing compares to steroids but other steroids.

4. Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    Creatine is nothing like steroids. You're comparing apples to oranges so I'm not surprised theres no studies.

There is nothing like steroids...

Steroids are stronger than creatine in terms of muscle building.

If you're natural though, creatine is the strongest thing out there for muscle building. It will hydrate the muscles and make them look really full (almost looks like you're on steroids) but one must remember it is water weight. Now this environment in the muscles is better at building muscle than a "normal" environment. I'm not going into why because it's too long and complicated and I don't even understand most of it, but it is.

I have gotten steroid like gains in appearance from creatine alone before. It is mild, but enough for people to say "How did you get so big so fast?"

But no steroid like gains strength, and no steroid like gains in actual muscle built.

Overtime, using creatine will allow way more muscle built than naturally can do within that same time span.

But no, nothing compares to steroids but other steroids.
    Layman's terms: creatine + water intake = swelling" of muscle cells. This swelling of the cells makes it easier for them to tear b/c they are already full. Thus increasing the size of those muslces over time. Assuming the person's diet is in check.

I know chocolate gets this but I just wanted to explain this.

5. I am going to go against the grain here and say creatine CAN BE better than some PH's (steroids).

I have run PH's and gotten SQAUT out of them yet still got some unwelcomed sides to boot.

Creatine is a time tested proven supp that no bodybuilder or powerlifter should be w/o.

For me, depending on the muscle groups worked that day, 5-10 grams PRE and 5-10 grams POST swell me up very nicely.

The strength gains from use are inarguable for me.

The fascia stretching of my muscles from all the water infused into my muscle bellies from use is also inarguable.

Nothing gives me that SWOLE look like Creatine PRE-w/o especially when I add BCAA's and a tiny amount of sugar to the mix (all the sugar in some pre-made formulas is OVERKILL!).

I have run hard core cycles (high dosed tren, etc) and creratine STILL has it's special place in my heart and always will as it just fills you out very well!

As an aside, I use 5 grams PRE-treadmill or elliptical for my cardio days and it improves the heck out of my endurance.

6. I thought good old MONO (creapure that is) is the best stuff, and that all the other forms are just "gimmicks" but a few of you are saying the opposite?

f bb.com lol

7. You guys want a HUGE pump?

try combining creatine monohydrate, some complex carbs and some p-slin! Seriously takes creatines glycogen shuttling properties to an entirely new level, you'll be blown away.

Seriously one of the biggest, longest lasting pumps I've ever had, insane strength and interset revovery that definitely rivaled any of my androgen driven workouts.

Similar Forum Threads

1. OTC PCT is a waste of time and money.
    By timmmah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:51 PM
  2. Are supplements a waste of money?
    By lozgod in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
  3. Waste of money?
    By AntM1564 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 02:35 PM
  4. Waste of Money?