pinning scare, almost crapped myself

quakebks

Awards
so today i was pinning, i was injecting slowly like normal. i was almost done when i heard a crack in the syringe. i went to remove the pin and there was no needle. i started to freak thinking in came off in my leg. i then looked at the syringe and some how the needle and its surrounding broke and went back up into the plunger which at first i couldnt see. has anyone ever had anything like that happen? because i was about to s**t myself.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
what the **** kind of syringe are you using? What are you describing should not be possible.

nothing can go INTO the plunger. Stuff can go into the syringe, because the syringe is hollow, but the plunger is not hollow... You should re-write your post.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so today i was pinning, i was injecting slowly like normal. i was almost done when i heard a crack in the syringe. i went to remove the pin and there was no needle. i started to freak thinking in came off in my leg. i then looked at the syringe and some how the needle and its surrounding broke and went back up into the plunger which at first i couldnt see. has anyone ever had anything like that happen? because i was about to s**t myself.
Are you using some type of safety needle? There are some products that will retract back (as a safety mechanism) after you've depressed the plunger and injected.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
thats mad wierd... but maybe u should check the needle and syringe before u inject, like grab it and shake it a little a guess to make sure its not gonna brake. If it actually broke and went back into the syringe then you were lucky. Idk what i would do if the needle stays in my leg....

also, maybe ur using a safe needle. the ones they give you flu shots with?

thapr3dat0r

Awards
What they said ^^

Probably a retractable needle. My nurse was telling me about them as she was injecting me with one for the flu. The first thing that came to mind was, "Hmm, good for gear?" Ha ha

Cant wait to finally pin

Angel of Debt

Angel of Debt

Awards
Yeah, those are safety syringes that will retract the needle into the syringe after fully dispensing the product. No chance of any one getting stuck by used needles. Weird how he didnt know the kind of needle he had

heres a diagram

lifesystemsonline.com/ClickZip%20Framed.JPG

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
that's interesting i have never heard of these before. If you buy safety syringes though, shouldn't you realize it?

quakebks

Awards
lol well i dont know if they are stolen, someone else picked them up. yea see i didnt know their was a such thing as a saftey needle, and this hasnt happenned until now, i mean im my 4th week in. either way i freaked out like yall wouldnt believe.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that's interesting i have never heard of these before. If you buy safety syringes though, shouldn't you realize it?
Yes, you definitely should. The needle itself will typically retract back after you've fully depress the plunger when injecting; it's common to hear a "click" when this happens. It's more common to see them though with either insulin, heparin/lovenox, or intradermal needle setups.

Unless you're a health care professional administering injections to a patient population, there is really no need to use a safety syringe for personal use. The premise is to reduce the risk of accidental needle stick/exposure.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaha, sorry, but I can totally picture your face and reaction.