"steroids" and ulcerative colitis?

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading and trying to learn all I can before even thinking of taking something like H-Drol or M-drol(or similar). I am anemic due to Ulcerative Colitis. My question is if I were to cycle one of the said supps, would it be a bad choice due to the condition I have? I am still on prednisone which I have to slowly taper off of and I take a drug called Asacol for my condition which I will have to take forever.

Any input on this?

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading and trying to learn all I can before even thinking of taking something like H-Drol or M-drol(or similar). I am anemic due to Ulcerative Colitis. My question is if I were to cycle one of the said supps, would it be a bad choice due to the condition I have? I am still on prednisone which I have to slowly taper off of and I take a drug called Asacol for my condition which I will have to take forever.

Any input on this?
My brother has ulcerative colitis so I've done my fair share of research. Bad idea, IMO. I'd stay away.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
We are not doctors. Would you seriously take advice regarding your life from internet clowns?
Ask your doctor!

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
ive had crohn's for almost 9 years. prednisone is the most evil drug and i feel ur pain, asacol helps...but after years of use it didnt help.

long story short, i had surgery back in march and then in july after i was fully recovered (and had been back in the gym for about 6 weeks) i ran a test cycle with dbol to kickstart and epi to end it. ive never felt better in my life.

BUT, im not so sure how good of an idea of running steroids WHILE ur having symptoms of ur illness and on a cortico-steriod.

i see no conflictions with the asacol, but DO NOT run anything while on the prednisone

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hard to talk to a doctor about this sort of thing when you know what their answer will be regardless of previous health concerns. My personal opinion would be to not do it. Having suffered through some of that agony myself, I know how miserable you can be. The chance to make it worse would be the deciding factor.

Considering the medications too, you would want to keep close track of your blood/liver values.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive had crohn's for almost 9 years. prednisone is the most evil drug and i feel ur pain, asacol helps...but after years of use it didnt help.

long story short, i had surgery back in march and then in july after i was fully recovered (and had been back in the gym for about 6 weeks) i ran a test cycle with dbol to kickstart and epi to end it. ive never felt better in my life.

BUT, im not so sure how good of an idea of running steroids WHILE ur having symptoms of ur illness and on a cortico-steriod.

i see no conflictions with the asacol, but DO NOT run anything while on the prednisone

chrons and ulcerative colitis are very similar, but its the layers of the intestine and where the ulcers turn up which makes them different.

are you in remission? whats your diet like now? how have you been feeling? Control it through diet, but i would stay away from oral steroids...

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the input everyone. I think my best bet is just to work out hard and only take supplements like protein, multi vitamins and of course food following a good diet.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the input everyone. I think my best bet is just to work out hard and only take supplements like protein, multi vitamins and of course food following a good diet.

stay away from X factor and max out, and anything with AA, it causes an inflammatory response and may effect u negativly

make sure u get enough fiber, and stay away from seeds and some skins...

limit gassy foods, and dairy, limit spicy and citrus food. also make sure to take in enough water, and your iron stores are important as well.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
chrons and ulcerative colitis are very similar, but its the layers of the intestine and where the ulcers turn up which makes them different.

are you in remission? whats your diet like now? how have you been feeling? Control it through diet, but i would stay away from oral steroids...

i had a very mild case up until about a year ago and it got progressively worse which led to having 11 inches of my intestines removed last march. the "diseased" part of my intestine was so bad i caused a tiny pin hole size hole where bacteria leaked out and caused a large puss-filled abcess in my lower left abdomen....fun, right?...so surgeons went in there and had to physically clean the abcess because draining it wasnt working and they decided they might as well take out the diseased part.

i have felt like a million dollars ever since. a feeling i havent felt since i was diagnosed.

so yes i would say im in remission, but it could come back at any time. my uncle had the surgery and has been in remission for over 30 years, so i have high hopes.

my diet is nothing speacial. i eat healthy and maybe once every 2-3 weeks i MIGHT get like wendy's or something. i basically cook 98% of what i eat. whether it bothers me or not i still stay away from nuts, big servings of fruit, lettus-y things (like salads), milk.....anything thats considered "ruffage"

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
ive heard somewhere that cissus and vitamin c does wonders for this disease

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive heard somewhere that cissus and vitamin c does wonders for this disease

yea anti inflammatory (cissus) will help the inflamation, and the anti oxident and immune enhancing effects of Vit C can help with the stress and free radical formation.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established

Any input on this?
Judging by your avatar, you're naturally gifted with genetics and discipline. I hope you continue to recover and achieve your goals in the gym regardless.