MVP - LaDanian Tomlinson
ROY (Offense) - Vernon Davis
ROY (Defense) - Ernie Sims
Breakout Player - Frank Gore

NFC Champs - Carolina Panthers
AFC Champs - Kansas City Chiefs
Surprise Team of the Year - Arizona Cardinals

Super Bowl Champs - Carolina Panthers

Yes, I know, very bold picks. I am a Charger fan who attends Florida State. So ive seen a lot of the player picks. I love Davis, and Sims can be great but inconsistant. From what it looked like Gore was having some solid games towards the end. If he can stay heathly I think he will do well. As much as I hate to say it I think the Chiefs will have a pretty good team this year, especially since they just missed the playoffs last year. And I have always wanted the Cards to do well. Another team to watch will be the 49ers, they had a great draft and Smith is a year experienced now. I know it is early and I am not the biggest NFL fan, but hey thats my picks and Ill stick to them until right before the season when everything shakes out. So what does everyone else think so far?

Spartan117

Awards
My opinion:

MVP: Steve Smith
ROY (offensive): Vernon Davis- should be Da'Brickashaw, but a lineman would never win that.
ROY(D): Don't know
Breakout player: Cedric Benson

NFC: Dallas Cowboys
AFC: Indy Colts/Denver Broncos

I think Alex Smith will be a bust with the 49ers. I didn't understand that pick over Aaron Rodgers...oh well. I do think the Cardinals are capable of something big but I don't know if Denny Green is the man. The Bengals might be in the mix if Palmer can comeback. Just so ya'll know I pick the Cowboys every year. I'll get it right one of these days.:)

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I didn't understand the Smith over Rodgers pick either, but Davis should help him out tremondously. The cowboys do have a legit shot this year with TO and a kicker who can make a fg now. I dunno about Steve Smith, Keyshawn might take away some of his catches.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
MVP: Tom Brady
ROY(offense): Vernon Davis or Reggie Bush
ROY(Defense):Mario Williams or Michael Huff

NFC Champs: NY Giants
AFC Champs: New England

Super Bowl Champs: New England

Surprise Team: Green Bay Packers

Breakout Player: Frank Gore, Chris Simms, Cedric Benson, Phillip Rivers.

BTW, I know Alex Smith didn't look good, but how many 21 year old rookie QB's come in and and make a 2-14 franchise into a Super Bowl contender overnight ? They may be even worse this year with the losses of Andre Carter, Ahmed Plummer, and Julian Peterson. They filled those spots with rookies or special teams players for crying out loud. Manny Lawson replacing Andre Carter is the only spot where they seemed to have taken a calculated risk but the others are pretty pathetic. They should have also traded Eric Johnson, he has decent trade value and is now a backup because they drafted Vernon Davis. If they were actually doing their homework they could have traded Johnson and another draft pick for Deuce McAllister or Javon Walker.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm.....I don't see anything about the frickin Seahawks....That's who I pick to go all the way. Why not, they added Nate Burleson (however lost the best guard in the NFL Steve Hutchinson)- and had a great draft, they're on there way to their first super bowl ring.:woohoo:

Spartan117

Awards
Hmmmm.....I don't see anything about the frickin Seahawks....That's who I pick to go all the way. Why not, they added Nate Burleson (however lost the best guard in the NFL Steve Hutchinson)- and had a great draft, they're on there way to their first super bowl ring.:woohoo:

Yeah, I agree. I just tend to forget about them stuck way up there in Seattle by themselves. They prolly have one of the top 4 O's in the league.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
The only reason why I didn't pick them was because of Hutchinson, him and Jones is an amazing side for blocking. I think they are a very good team, but I kinda want to see a change in championship teams. But there is no reason not to have them there.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior -

Great pick with Micheal Huff, he just slipped my mind. He is going to be one hell of a player. I also think Manny Lawson will be a good player, but I think Sims will definitly be the main defender for the Lions this season. Its still early, and yeah the Niners are kinda looking weak again. But I think Davis will do tons for Smith and Lawson looks good to me.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior -

Great pick with Micheal Huff, he just slipped my mind. He is going to be one hell of a player. I also think Manny Lawson will be a good player, but I think Sims will definitly be the main defender for the Lions this season. Its still early, and yeah the Niners are kinda looking weak again. But I think Davis will do tons for Smith and Lawson looks good to me.
Yes, Huff will be a helluva player. I would've also been extremely happy with Huff if the 49ers had drafted him. Lawson has great pass rushing ability but they question his ability to play the run since he's only 240, but he actually had more tackles then Mario Williams playing on the same D-Line. Sims should be great with his coverage ability, motor, and quickness but I like Huff better and he definitely will get tested playing in the AFC West with Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates, one of the few picks where the Raiders actually made sense LOL.

raider1

raider1

Awards
Let me tell you Huff is the real deal , wait until he clocks Gonzalez and Gates going over the middle .. I would have liked if the Raiders could have drafted the linebacker from Ohio State's AJ Hawk, but Huff was a slam-dunk choice. Huff was the best defensive back in college football last season and he will be an instant starter. He has the quickness and speed to play cornerback, but he's a ball-hawking safety. What's great about Huff is his versatility in the third-down package. The Raiders have three great offenses to stuff in the AFC West and Huff gives them a chance of stopping somebody. Al Davis was thinking quarterback, but he also knew that his team didn't have time to develop another one. The Raiders need to start winning and Huff loved his visit with new head coach Art Shell. A very solid and predictable selection.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
MVP: Larry Johnson

ROY(offense): Reggie Bush
ROY(Defense):Michael Huff

NFC Champs: Carolina
AFC Champs: Pitt

Super Bowl Champs: Carolina

Surprise Team: Arizona Cardinals

Breakout Player: Roy Williams and Chester Taylor

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Make that 2 of us:cheers:
Haha I am in Cowboy country now, so I already hear the hype. I will say that division will be killer. With the Skins spending all that money, the Giants are still a good team, Philly will be ok as long as Donovan can be Donovan and the new improved Cowboys who now have a kicker as well!!! Should be an interesting season in that division. I say the Giants and Cowboys make the playoffs out of there. Skins will choke and Philly wont be able to constantly compete with those teams.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cowboyz will be sick if they can get their running game going...Julius Jones if he could stay healthy would make that offense crazy!!...Marion Barber the Third isnt too bad either

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Cowboyz will be sick if they can get their running game going...Julius Jones if he could stay healthy would make that offense crazy!!...Marion Barber the Third isnt too bad either
I read today that Parcells likes Barber more than Jones right now because of blocking and pass catching. Both are solid runners, wonder how it will shake out.

raider1

raider1

Awards
I love it , it's all good now .. but mark my words .. T.O. is a cancer on a team... this guy is all about him.. no team for T.O.
I can't wait for the first Parcells and T.O. confrontation.. Parcells is no Andy Reid ..he will get right in that dudes face..

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Da Bills will be the champs!

ok maybe not.

I like hoo-dey, hoo-dey. the bengals look good.

If atlanta had a passing game...or a clue...

Spartan117

Awards
I read today that Parcells likes Barber more than Jones right now because of blocking and pass catching. Both are solid runners, wonder how it will shake out.

Yeah, I'm not too impressed with Jones. He has flashes, but never is really consistent. Barber 3 looks solid and more consistent. T O will have one good year with us, but don't ask me about next year. The Giants look tough so we have a lot of work ahead of us.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I love it , it's all good now .. but mark my words .. T.O. is a cancer on a team... this guy is all about him.. no team for T.O.
I can't wait for the first Parcells and T.O. confrontation.. Parcells is no Andy Reid ..he will get right in that dudes face..
I can not wait for that. TO vs Parcells, that will be great tv.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I can not wait for that. TO vs Parcells, that will be great tv.
LOL, it's only a matter of time. TO is 2 for 2 in failed relationships with a team. I bet Parcells will be a lot tougher then Mariucci or Reid. Good bye Dallas team chemistry, it was good to know you existed for a while :twisted:

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Alex Smith is an overrated pile of crap who had one good/lucky NCAA season with a great team. His team got him the #1 pick, now SF is going to have to suffer through it.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Antonio Bryant, Vernon Davis and Big Norv Turner + Frank Gore...oh yeah and they added that OLineman from Dallas..I dunno Frisco might not be as bad as u think...if Arnaz Battle can stay healthy...they might sneak away with a few more wins then anticipated

Spartan117

Awards
the 49ers might not be that bad, maybe around a .500 team, but the QB is going to be the big issue. I think Alex Smith is a Ken Dorsey clone.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I want to say the Niners will win at least 6 games, because I think they have the talent, but then again I look at their division and think that they wont be able to. They might still be a little too young. I dunno.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The 49ers are better than last year, but not by musch because they did improve their offense but they had some losses on defense that will hurt them. Julian Peterson was their best player and he's a Seahawk now, Andre Carter was much better than what his stats show. If you saw him play, you'd know what I'm talking about BUT he's a Redskin now. They lost Ahmed Plummer, but he was getting injured a lot so maybe that won't be as noticeable. Manny Lawson will not be able to duplicate Julian Peterson's impact at this point, maybe 3-4 years from now if he turns out as good as everyone says he is.

Alex Smith should probably not be called a bust yet. Expecting him to be great without any receivers, a puss in the backfield for most the year (Barlow), and a herrendous O-Line aren't ideal to the development of a 21 year old QB. If he shows the same as he did last year then I'll expect him to be more like Akili Smith and less like Peyton Manning, if he does improve then it may be the beginning of something good for the 49ers.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Alex Smith certainly didn't have have good year last year, but neither did most all-time great QB's. Expecting a rookie 21 year old QB to single handedly make a team good is not realistic. He had no receiving threats, not even mediocre receivers. He didn't have support from the running game until Gore and Hicks got many carries the last 2 games, which they unfortunately won. The pass protection was mediocre at best, and horrendous most of the time. If he doesn't throw for 2,500-3,000 yards, and TD-INT ratio of about 1.5-1 or better, and completion percentage of 57-60% then I'll be more inclined to say he's on his way to being a bust, otherwise I still gotta believe :)

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if he's got any skill...this will be the year to show the kid can do ...just make sure Frank Gore becomes ur fulltime Back and not Mr Buster Barlow

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
if he's got any skill...this will be the year to show the kid can do ...just make sure Frank Gore becomes ur fulltime Back and not Mr Buster Barlow
I agree, this is the year where he must show considerable improvement. This is also it for Barlow, he's playing for a contract at this point and needs to improve potential buyers for next year. He can at least be a productive receiver out of the backfield, which is odd since at 240, he should be roughing up defenses, not playing like a scat-back

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Alex Smith certainly didn't have have good year last year, but neither did most all-time great QB's. Expecting a rookie 21 year old QB to single handedly make a team good is not realistic. He had no receiving threats, not even mediocre receivers. He didn't have support from the running game until Gore and Hicks got many carries the last 2 games, which they unfortunately won. The pass protection was mediocre at best, and horrendous most of the time. If he doesn't throw for 2,500-3,000 yards, and TD-INT ratio of about 1.5-1 or better, and completion percentage of 57-60% then I'll be more inclined to say he's on his way to being a bust, otherwise I still gotta believe :)
I agree, there is no why you can call Alex Smith a bust after one season. Doesn't anyone remember Payton Manning's rookie season. Didn't he throw like 20+ INT's or soemthing like that. Now he is considered the best QB in the NFL, you gotta give the kid some time, especially when thrown right into the mix. Hopefully Phillip Rivers can be special this year, he certainly has a great mix of talent around him to make it a little easier. Unlike Smith had last year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I agree, there is no why you can call Alex Smith a bust after one season. Doesn't anyone remember Payton Manning's rookie season. Didn't he throw like 20+ INT's or soemthing like that. Now he is considered the best QB in the NFL, you gotta give the kid some time, especially when thrown right into the mix. Hopefully Phillip Rivers can be special this year, he certainly has a great mix of talent around him to make it a little easier. Unlike Smith had last year.
EXACTLY ! Even Brett Favre was considered a great QB when he was throwing 15-20 INT's early in his career and he had Sterling Sharpe at WR, Smith has nobody !

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
This ones easy. Green Bay all the way!!!! Of course I say that every year.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Packers are the worst team in their division...I doubt they even win more then 8 games

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
MVP - i think that Alexander can do it again.
ROY (Offense) - Reggie Bush
Breakout Player - Chris Simms/Carnell Williams (one of the two)

NFC Champs - Tampa Bay
AFC Champs - Pittsburgh
Surprise Team of the Year - Saints

Super Bowl Champs - Pittsburgh

im a Huge Tampa fan but i dont think that anyone could stand up to Pittsburgh this year. The Steelers have once again about the best team in the league. Reggie Bush if he gets started on the right foot WILL run for HUGE #'s along with Deuce in the backfield and Brees throwing the ball should provide a Great offense. Chris Simms is promising, and we all saw what Carnell can do even getting injured--if he can avoid that this year look for 1500. Simms has Boston now and if he can stay healthy he'll open up the running game. ALSTOTT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A BEAST!!

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Caddy is a definate canidate...I dunno about Simms though....that rookie QB in camp is impressing Gruden as well

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I guess they should give one more team a chance to win.....

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know....but I'll never turn against my boys.......

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Simms is for sure the man~!!
I have watched many Bucs games, as I lived in FL. But Simms is stiffy iffy to me. He obviously is improving, but his recievers are average. Clayton had a great rookie year and then dissappeared, Galloway is a great deep reciever still(he is old now but still their #1) and Boston hasn't been anything in years. He roided up and forgot how to catch the ball(then of coarse gets hurt). Alex Smith is their best recieving option, and I think he will bloom into a top TE. If Caddy can stay healthy hopefully it will open up the WR's and let Simms do well. Although I think Carolina will take the divison, but TB can handle GB and ATL. I would like to see TB do well, but I don't think their offense is seasoned enough to move far enough in the playoffs.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
i hear ya on the Bosdon injury thing, HOPEFULLY he can bounce back and be what he is able to be (Great) Clayton NEEDs to have a big impact to open the feild for Galloway to catch the deep ball, there offensive line got some help this year so lets hope caddy can run through them, i have a feeling that this is going to be Alstotts last year so lets hope for the best!! :)

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your trippen buddy claiming Alex Smith is better then Michael CLayton....the guy was injured with a bum shoulder all of last year...Dude will bounce back hard this year...Alex Smith wasnt even a top 20 Tightend last year...SHiet...Old Man Galloway is light years ahead of him

kingivan

Awards
first of all the comeback team and possible superbowl champs is the eagles it is far to early to see if reggie bush is hype or not

tplant

Awards
MVP: kurt Warner(that's right)
O ROY: reggie Bush or kellen Clemens if he winds up starting
D ROY: Michael huff

AFC Champs: Pats
NFC Champs: Panthers

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
AFC: Denver Broncos
NFC: Dallas Cowboys

SuperBowl Champs: Broncos--this is the year we break thru.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Packers are the worst team in their division...I doubt they even win more then 8 games
The Packers will be all right this year bro. Chicago will be a bigger target. Minnesota & Detroit have not separated themselves from the Packers IMO. The thing is with Favre at the helm, anything can happen . . . good OR bad, we'll just wait and see.

BTW, I can't wait for football and it's only July, babseball is frickin boring and every other sport on TV sucks a little worse then baseball from a viewers standpoint.