KLEEN is Recovering & Breaking PR's with Wendlers 531 & FINAFLEX!

Page 4 of 17 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Yah I can understand the thong, I was wearing long shorts though
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug


  2. Hey Kleen, just trying to get caught up here and see how recovery is treating you. How far along through this are you?


    Things look to be going pretty good so far. Keep it up buddy!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
    •   
       


  3. Late to the party, but I am IN.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Hey Kleen, just trying to get caught up here and see how recovery is treating you. How far along through this are you?


    Things look to be going pretty good so far. Keep it up buddy!
    So far I am 2 weeks into the actual PCT and that started 2 weeks after the last shot of testosterone. So about 2.5 weeks since the test was pretty much out of my system, and I took my last EPIVAR.

    I slept in this morning so no workout until this evening but I am hitting 305 for my last set for as many reps as possible tonight. Hopefully the lift goes off without a hitch and I pop up 3-4 of them. I will update after the lift.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Late to the party, but I am IN.
    Hey Frank, just in here trying to lift heavy. Glad you came over to check it out.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   
       


  6. Love those rep PRs. Makes your balls bigger. It's a fact.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Hey Frank, just in here trying to lift heavy. Glad you came over to check it out.
    Hell yea. Can't miss this epicness.

    I smashed SOHP today myself. I am on the 5 wave so it is pretty light but I hit a rep PR of 185 x12.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Love those rep PRs. Makes your balls bigger. It's a fact.
    Oh fug I better stay away from them ... my balls are already too big...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Hey Frank, just in here trying to lift heavy. Glad you came over to check it out.
    Kleen you are strong as fck as it is! making me wanna train for some power! Losing quite a bit of strength on my current cut
    RecoverBro ELITE

  10. Well I think my run with 5-3-1 is over for a while... Remember last week I was complaining about arthritis in my shoulder, well apparently it was aggravation from heavy bench. I got in yesterday and lifted just fine on bench but it was feeling really iffy. Not painful or anything but like something wasn't right. I got through all of my work sets and hit 305x3 for clean reps but and when I got up about 2 minutes later my shoulder started to ache. I called it a day and went home. I should have taken some aleve but I didn't. Well I woke up this morning and there is definitely something wrong with the shoulder. I don't think it is major or I hope not. However during squats it was aching, I did all my work sets, hit 410x3 without a spot then went to Leg Press 6 plates per side for 5 sets of 10, and leg curls for 5x10.

    It is bitching at me now. I have a deload week here this coming week. I am going to deload and revamp my approach here. I said if this proved to much for my old joints I was going to change it up abruptly and that is the plan. Had this been an error in form or some "mistake" I made other than overloading my joints I wouldn't be stopping but I have not had any reps on anything that were not clean and in good form. It doesn't feel muscular in origin so not worried about the rotator, just think I have roughed up the cartilage a bit. Up until a month ago I had not lifted much more than 255 for reps then making the steady climb based off of my estimated maxes I think my strength is just more than my cartilage can recover from.

    I really can't afford down time this year if I am going to do a BB comp later so the adjustment is a must even though my ego says I could recover and start with lower estimated maxes to allow the connective tissue to strengthen. Perhaps I can revisit this at another time or simply modify the plan to 15/12/8 or something like that.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  11. Chris if you would practice what you've taught me then you woudn't have as many issues When I saw you take on 5/3/1 I thought Chris knows what he's doing, but you're a bodybuilder, keep the inner bonehead in check lol. You have probably just done that.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  12. Could always just follow 531 for lagging lifts. I adjusted my bench setup and took a more narrow grip keeping more elbow tuck and have never had another shoulder problem.

    You might just try 531 for squat and deadlift.

  13. Doug you know that is right. I really do think had I started with an estimated max about another 10% lower I would have probably been fine for months. Problem is that I found myself going from 255 for reps to lifting 40-50 lbs more with in a month or so. I think most people who start out with this program are already used to lifting less reps for heavier weight and the joints and tendons are ready for it. In my case everything had been in the 12 rep range with some dropping to the 8 reps on occasion. Sure 275x10 equates to around 360-370 as a max but the fact is 275 was as high as I had been IN YEARS.

    I think what I will do now is try to figure out what program I want to do and go back to adding a tiny bit to the bar at a time or a rep when I can. I am going to concentrate on arms and shoulders and legs most of this year. So I need to set my program up for that. Legs is just hard work, but the Arms I think will get a day to themselves for a bit and shoulders will be my primary pressing and dips will take care of my chest for a bit.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  14. Sorry to hear about the shoulder kleen. Hopefully like you said it's just a little roughed up cartridge and heals up fast for ya.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Doug you know that is right. I really do think had I started with an estimated max about another 10% lower I would have probably been fine for months. Problem is that I found myself going from 255 for reps to lifting 40-50 lbs more with in a month or so. I think most people who start out with this program are already used to lifting less reps for heavier weight and the joints and tendons are ready for it. In my case everything had been in the 12 rep range with some dropping to the 8 reps on occasion. Sure 275x10 equates to around 360-370 as a max but the fact is 275 was as high as I had been IN YEARS.

    I think what I will do now is try to figure out what program I want to do and go back to adding a tiny bit to the bar at a time or a rep when I can. I am going to concentrate on arms and shoulders and legs most of this year. So I need to set my program up for that. Legs is just hard work, but the Arms I think will get a day to themselves for a bit and shoulders will be my primary pressing and dips will take care of my chest for a bit.
    Chris what I am going to to do is do my power routine but instead of 5's I am going to go more 8's, simple as that so 5 X 8 for some sets others exercises I will do 3 8's and a 12 and 15. If I do progression I should be rock solid and 8's will do a good a job as 5's for my power. For me that doesn't really change till I go over 10 reps.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  16. Yeah that was my thought, keep it over 8 and I can still lift some great weights and remain pretty safe.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the shoulder kleen. Hopefully like you said it's just a little roughed up cartridge and heals up fast for ya.
    Thanks Dan, yeah it is really hard to tell right now. I can tell for sure it is cartilage but if i sheered some of it off or not remains to be seen. The arthritis in there makes it susceptible to being ripped a little easier since it is already deteriorating. I stopped and didn't go farther so I think I am probably okay.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  18. I am feeling the same effects right now as you bubba. I have stayed above 8 reps since my odometer hit 50 and this low rep stuff has me hobbled. I even dialed my maxes down quite a bit. I have back today and I can barely grip with my right hand. Should be interesting. Looks like hypertrophy will become a staple. Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I have stayed above 8 reps since my odometer hit 50 and this low rep stuff has me hobbled.
    lol on odometer GB.
    sad to hear these issues tho, truly.
    i went down to 6x6 today, finished with a set of 4 (still rep at 4 & 5 from time to time..not much tho)
    if i wasn't on a mission this winter, i'd bypass all this heavy shizz and stick with 8-range and up as well.

  20. I am down to 5's but using HST style so only 2 weeks of 5's ..and itt's progressive.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  21. I am thinking if hitting up an HST-7 style lift after my deload. Seems like things will be right where I want them regarding rep range.

    Monday - Triceps / Biceps
    Triceps


    • Close-grip bench press 3-4 x 8-12
    • Weighted or machine dip 3 x 8-12
    • Overhead cable extension 7 x 8-12
    • Skull crushers 7 x 8-12


    Biceps

    • Alternate dumbbell curls 3-4 x 8-12
    • Machine preacher curl 3 x 8-12
    • EZ-bar curl 7 x 8-12 (rest 30-45 seconds between sets while sipping water)



    Tuesday - Legs
    Quads

    • Leg extensions 3-4 x 8-15
    • Squats 4 x 8-12
    • Hack squat or leg press 3 x 8-15
    • Leg extension or leg press 7 x 8-15


    Hamstrings

    • Lying leg curls 3-4 x 10-15
    • Stiff-leg deadlift 3-4 x 10-12
    • Single leg curl 3-4 x 10-15 each leg
    • Seated leg curls 7 x 10-15


    Wednesday - Chest and Triceps
    Chest

    • Incline dumbbell press 3-4 x 8-12
    • Incline dumbbell flye 3 x 8-12
    • Flat Hammer or dumbbell press 3 x 8-12
    • Pec deck or cable crossover 7 x 8-12


    Triceps

    • Close-grip bench press 3-4 x 8-12
    • Weighted or machine dip 3 x 8-12
    • Overhead cable extension 7 x 8-12
    • Skull crushers 7 x 8-12


    Thursday - Back & Calves
    Back


    • Neutral-grip chin-ups 3 x failure
    • Wide-grip pulldowns 3 x 8-12
    • Barbell row 3 x 8-12
    • Hammer Strength row 3 x 8-12
    • Machine or cable pullover 7 x 8-15



    Saturday - Shoulders and Biceps
    Shoulders

    • Seated dumbbell press 4 x 8-12
    • Barbell or dumbbell front raise 3 x 8-12
    • Dumbbell lateral raise 3 x 8-12
    • Lateral raise machine 7 x 8-12


    Biceps

    • Alternate dumbbell curls 3-4 x 8-12
    • Machine preacher curl 3 x 8-12
    • EZ-bar curl 7 x 8-12 (rest 30-45 seconds between sets while sipping water)
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol on odometer GB.
    sad to hear these issues tho, truly.
    i went down to 6x6 today, finished with a set of 4 (still rep at 4 & 5 from time to time..not much tho)
    if i wasn't on a mission this winter, i'd bypass all this heavy shizz and stick with 8-range and up as well.
    Here we go!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  23. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol on odometer GB.
    sad to hear these issues tho, truly.
    i went down to 6x6 today, finished with a set of 4 (still rep at 4 & 5 from time to time..not much tho)
    if i wasn't on a mission this winter, i'd bypass all this heavy shizz and stick with 8-range and up as well.
    I think had I not been in the 3-5 range the week before then hit the 1-3 range I would have been fine. A dip down to 4-6 never really hurts me too much it is the repeated trips to that range.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  24. Injuries come from over use in a strength program. Low reps high rest periods. Limited accessory movements. And accessory work should be done with lighter weight and strict form. Basically keep it simple and short. Hard to do when you are used to do such high rep volume work.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Injuries come from over use in a strength program. Low reps high rest periods. Limited accessory movements. And accessory work should be done with lighter weight and strict form. Basically keep it simple and short. Hard to do when you are used to do such high rep volume work.
    No doubt but I already have arthritis in both my shoulders. I am a stickler for form. Just was too much weight for my connective tissue all at once.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  26. <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj3evCBlGLk" target="_blank">

    This contest is going from now until Friday December 21, the prize is a FINAFLEX FREAK PACK! The FINAFLEX FREAK pack contains:

    1 Bottle of any product we currently carry,
    1 FINAFLEX Performance Bracelet in pink or black,
    1 set of FINAFLEX Stereo Headphones
    1 FINAFLEX FREAK T-Shirt!


    Rules are really that you need to use Kraft JetPuffed Marshmallows Full size only, no mini's considered just to keep everything fair for everyone. Post your video in response to this one with the same title and then put a link to your video on our Facebook page here in response to this one video. FINAFLEX | Facebook

    Only entries linked on the FINAFLEX Facebook page will be considered.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, now get to stuffing those faces!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  27. ^^
    dude you are a pro. i see a hot dog eating contest win in your future.
    glad i can't enter - marshmallows do not make any appearances in my meal plan.


    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Here we go!
    Good Buddy??

  28. Too cute Kleen!! Great stuff.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  29. I've been doing a FST-7 for the past month and absolutlely LOVE it sofar. The only bad part is doing the fascia stretches and flexes between sets makes u look like a douche in the gym lol. The pumps are amazing tho and my strength has stayed constant even tho I'm not going quite as heavy as I normally do on certain exercises.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  30. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well I think my run with 5-3-1 is over for a while... Remember last week I was complaining about arthritis in my shoulder, well apparently it was aggravation from heavy bench. I got in yesterday and lifted just fine on bench but it was feeling really iffy. Not painful or anything but like something wasn't right. I got through all of my work sets and hit 305x3 for clean reps but and when I got up about 2 minutes later my shoulder started to ache. I called it a day and went home. I should have taken some aleve but I didn't. Well I woke up this morning and there is definitely something wrong with the shoulder. I don't think it is major or I hope not. However during squats it was aching, I did all my work sets, hit 410x3 without a spot then went to Leg Press 6 plates per side for 5 sets of 10, and leg curls for 5x10.

    It is bitching at me now. I have a deload week here this coming week. I am going to deload and revamp my approach here. I said if this proved to much for my old joints I was going to change it up abruptly and that is the plan. Had this been an error in form or some "mistake" I made other than overloading my joints I wouldn't be stopping but I have not had any reps on anything that were not clean and in good form. It doesn't feel muscular in origin so not worried about the rotator, just think I have roughed up the cartilage a bit. Up until a month ago I had not lifted much more than 255 for reps then making the steady climb based off of my estimated maxes I think my strength is just more than my cartilage can recover from.

    I really can't afford down time this year if I am going to do a BB comp later so the adjustment is a must even though my ego says I could recover and start with lower estimated maxes to allow the connective tissue to strengthen. Perhaps I can revisit this at another time or simply modify the plan to 15/12/8 or something like that.
    Bro that sucks! I just injured myself more with my back. It sucks having injuries when your mind is telling you to smash some weights. I feel ya bro! Get better Big Man!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Jay breaking PRs with Intimidate and HGHpro
    By jaycuda in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
  2. WarcraftJJS is recovering with Millennuim Sport Tech's RPG
    By WarcraftJJS in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 10:04 PM
  3. GMG is recovering faster than you with LG's GHENERATE!
    By GMG760 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
  4. Bigla2004 is zappin PR's with CORE ZAP (sponsored)
    By bigla2004 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 11:38 PM
  5. Why Is It Bad To Mix Creatine With...?
    By BIGNBUFF in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 02:51 PM
Log in
Log in