KLEEN is Recovering & Breaking PR's with Wendlers 531 & FINAFLEX!

Page 2 of 13 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Diet looks solid. Nice job on the bench PR bro! Watch out though I'm nipping at your heels. I have chest tomorrow so we shall see! Nice dips as well, especially at your weight man.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Nice Kleen 295 x 6 is beastly brother!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Diet looks solid. Nice job on the bench PR bro! Watch out though I'm nipping at your heels. I have chest tomorrow so we shall see! Nice dips as well, especially at your weight man.
    Yeah you are definitely nipping at my heels on bench. I think 2 weeks ago I might have powered through this a bit more, that or if I had worked out at night. I seem to be stronger in the evenings... The test has been out of my system for a full week and I can feel it this week. Glycogen retention is down, libido is down a bit and I am relatively agitated from the SERM but give me another week and see where I am. I am still on target for my big goals, and after 10 months on a cruise I don't expect this is going to be an easy or snappy PCT. So it will be fortitude and attitude for the first 2-3 weeks.

On thing to mention... My joints are already drying out. I am now taking my Animal Flex pack again as of today. Should remedy it pretty quickly then I also have a deload coming up the week after next so that will be good. During the deload I will do 3-5 sets of the main exercises at 50% of my max for 10 reps then go walk on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Holy crap it is just later in the same day and I can feel my joints getting dryer and dryer. I took the stairs a little bit ago and could feel it in my knees, on top of that the arthritis in my shoulders is flairing up. I think it is from taking Lean Extreme and my cortisol being low, add to it that PCT Revolution Black is also a pretty strong cortisol blocker and I think I may have the culprit. I will drop the Lean Extreme a couple days to see if it everything chills a bit.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I can't even mess with cort blockers because of this and any AIs are run at bare minimum doses as well.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I can't even mess with cort blockers because of this and any AIs are run at bare minimum doses as well.
    Yeah I think I am basically going to realize I am in the same boat... I thought maybe I did something wrong with my shoulders but then my knees started and sure I dead lifted on Tuesday, but no way that would be effecting me all the sudden. Adding in the PCT Rev Black and Lean Extreme are the only things I have done. Makes sense really with what the Doc told me about the arthritis if there is nothing to control the swelling it will hurt. It isn't horrible but I won't push through just to show fortitude either. I can do without the Cort control but it is nice when trying to not lose muscle in PCT. I may not need it anyway since I probably has some test going from the HCG just not much.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

My joints are ok, as a matter of fact I have been front squatting without knee wraps but that will change as I do lower reps at heavier weight. I do have a pull or tear in my front delt but it's very easy to work around so far.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Kleen...Spud Belt working out well? Looking into a purchase and wanted your feedback.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Kleen...Spud Belt working out well? Looking into a purchase and wanted your feedback.
    Why a spud belt? I love my inzer forever belt.
    SFW and GFH
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I have a spud DL belt. It's awesome. Good quality durable and more comfortable for high rep squats but obviously less support. I use mine as a sled waist harness as well. Definitely recommend all spud products Marc does a great job with them.

Only problem I have with mine is size. It was fine when I was larger. Now with a smaller waist it isn't as tight. You can email Marc or ask on QA on Elite about sizing the belt. He is very helpful.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

good talk in heah!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I was asking about the Spud because he said he had just picked one up. They look like a comfortable belt and I can pick one up fairly cheap. No decision yet though.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I was asking about the Spud because he said he had just picked one up. They look like a comfortable belt and I can pick one up fairly cheap. No decision yet though.
    Ahh ok just curious. Elitefts also has their own brand of belts now which aren't a bad price either.
    SFW and GFH
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I actually just picked up an Elite benching belt that was on sale. These are for my son who has decided that he wants to try powerlifting.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I actually just picked up an Elite benching belt that was on sale. These are for my son who has decided that he wants to try powerlifting.
    From hockey to powerlifting? Great move! Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way. I do still recommend the forever belt by inzer. I bought mine 5 years ago at 200 lbs body weight. It still fits at 250+ and it feels like its just now becoming broken in. These things really do last forever.
    SFW and GFH
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Thx Inarius!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I never use belts anymore but I remember liking my son's inzer lever belt.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

i don't lift heavy enuff weights to have to wear a belt..

FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I've never used one either but he hopefully will when his weights progress.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

I'm with Snags, I don't use heavy enough weights to have to wear a belt either, I'm all about the high volume, high intensity, high reps sh!t myself!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I just do my core work with Wheel of Death and yah don't do anthing less than 5 reps any longer and keep my form very clean. I am getting better development than ever.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

I love it, I got it for the comfort and ease of use. I really don't have a waist so the extremely hard belts are just not for me. If some how I became competitive that would be different. I don't think the dead lift belt is a sanctioned belt due to the velcro even though it will not slip. For something to start with I LOVE IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Why a spud belt? I love my inzer forever belt.
    Well like I said I don't have a waist and don't want to bruise my hips and ribs every time I put one on. However for most who plan to get serious about PLifting then maybe a good latch belt is the way to go. I used to have one. It got soaked in Tropical Storm Allison when my house flooded and then the layers started to come apart.

Very comfortable and worth the price.

Ahh ok just curious. Elitefts also has their own brand of belts now which aren't a bad price either.
    Oufinny picked one up from the he seems to like it.
    Nice!

From hockey to powerlifting? Great move! Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way. I do still recommend the forever belt by inzer. I bought mine 5 years ago at 200 lbs body weight. It still fits at 250+ and it feels like its just now becoming broken in. These things really do last forever.
    That is a good spread on that weight, means it is landing in the right spots!

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

Normally I don't either. I put one on for my all out set only none of the others get belt action.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I'm with Snags, I don't use heavy enough weights to have to wear a belt either, I'm all about the high volume, high intensity, high reps sh!t myself!
    Yeah that is good stuff too, it all works! You know me I am ADHD all over the the place when it comes to things I like variety.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I just do my core work with Wheel of Death and yah don't do anthing less than 5 reps any longer and keep my form very clean. I am getting better development than ever.
    Good stuff.

Okay since I am in here, I am still hovering around 210, trying very hard to maintain this weight. Strength seems to be sticking around. I have been averaging about 2500 calories a day. Bumping up and down a bit. I did my workout this evening and it was a good one this is my 3rd week on 5-3-1 so it was the actual 5-3-1 pattern I followed for reps.

Standing Military Press - 85x5, 110x5, 130x3, 165x5, 185x3, 205x3 & 3/4 Damn I was so close to finishing that fourth rep I could taste it but I was not going to squirm to get it so I re-racked it. Either way this is a PR!

1 minute rest periods rest of workout.

Seated Lifestyle MTS Shoulder press neutral grip - 155x10, 155x10, 155x8, 140x6, 110x6

Chins - 10, 10, 9, 6, 3 that one minute wasn't long enough here!

DB Laterals 25x10, 25x10, 25x10
    DB Rear Laterals 17.5x12, 17.5x10, 15x8

EZ Bar Curls 115x6, 115x6, 115x3, 55x15

I really have to say I am enjoying the stack so far. CreaTrona has not failed to impress me. I feel it is a part of me not losing too much strength. I get some pretty good pumps after the heavy weights are over and I go for a few reps. The IGNITE 2 is enough to wake me up in the morning and get training done or to come in after work and still get to be reasonably early. I have been using 2 scoops of CELL SHOCK post workout on days where it is not during my fast and I can feel myself swell up plus it tastes good!

Right now I am feeling pretty good about my recovery even though libido is still not up I can feel things getting better and the boys are getting fuller. I will start my Endosurge soon to free up the testosterone I have managed to start creating and see what happens after that.

My arthritis does feel better after slowing down on the anti-cort stuff. It is a little tingly today but I have a deload week next week so I am good. Loving the fact my shoulders seem full. My deload week should have me feeling like a million bucks. Just doing bench on Thursday then upper body gets a nice rest.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I love it, I got it for the comfort and ease of use. I really don't have a waist so the extremely hard belts are just not for me. If some how I became competitive that would be different. I don't think the dead lift belt is a sanctioned belt due to the velcro even though it will not slip. For something to start with I LOVE IT!
    Well like I said I don't have a waist and don't want to bruise my hips and ribs every time I put one on. However for most who plan to get serious about PLifting then maybe a good latch belt is the way to go. I used to have one. It got soaked in Tropical Storm Allison when my house flooded and then the layers started to come apart.

Very comfortable and worth the price.

Oufinny picked one up from the he seems to like it.
    Nice!

That is a good spread on that weight, means it is landing in the right spots!

Normally I don't either. I put one on for my all out set only none of the others get belt action.

Yeah that is good stuff too, it all works! You know me I am ADHD all over the the place when it comes to things I like variety.

Good stuff.

Okay since I am in here, I am still hovering around 210, trying very hard to maintain this weight. Strength seems to be sticking around. I have been averaging about 2500 calories a day. Bumping up and down a bit. I did my workout this evening and it was a good one this is my 3rd week on 5-3-1 so it was the actual 5-3-1 pattern I followed for reps.

Standing Military Press - 85x5, 110x5, 130x3, 165x5, 185x3, 205x3 & 3/4 Damn I was so close to finishing that fourth rep I could taste it but I was not going to squirm to get it so I re-racked it. Either way this is a PR!

1 minute rest periods rest of workout.

Seated Lifestyle MTS Shoulder press neutral grip - 155x10, 155x10, 155x8, 140x6, 110x6

Chins - 10, 10, 9, 6, 3 that one minute wasn't long enough here!

DB Laterals 25x10, 25x10, 25x10
    DB Rear Laterals 17.5x12, 17.5x10, 15x8

EZ Bar Curls 115x6, 115x6, 115x3, 55x15

I really have to say I am enjoying the stack so far. CreaTrona has not failed to impress me. I feel it is a part of me not losing too much strength. I get some pretty good pumps after the heavy weights are over and I go for a few reps. The IGNITE 2 is enough to wake me up in the morning and get training done or to come in after work and still get to be reasonably early. I have been using 2 scoops of CELL SHOCK post workout on days where it is not during my fast and I can feel myself swell up plus it tastes good!

Right now I am feeling pretty good about my recovery even though libido is still not up I can feel things getting better and the boys are getting fuller. I will start my Endosurge soon to free up the testosterone I have managed to start creating and see what happens after that.

My arthritis does feel better after slowing down on the anti-cort stuff. It is a little tingly today but I have a deload week next week so I am good. Loving the fact my shoulders seem full. My deload week should have me feeling like a million bucks. Just doing bench on Thursday then upper body gets a nice rest.
    Those numbers on military and EZ bar curl are sick brotato! Nice work!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

It's been a long time since I've used the ez bar but I can't even think about putting that kind of weight above my heard even seated. I used to really be able to rock seated military but standing is way more difficult.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Killing it. Awesome update kleen.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Standing BB military is an exercise that truly displays raw strength...which by the way you have in spades Kleen! Very nice numbers.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Answers

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Standing BB military is an exercise that truly displays raw strength...which by the way you have in spades Kleen! Very nice numbers.
    Heck yeah!!! Kleen's the man!!!!

I wish I had a tall enough ceiling in my home gym to do those -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

205 standing is impressive. I got up to that but at a much higher weight. 40 lbs. heavier than you. When I lost that weight my numbers dropped.

A note on spud belt. I believe it is legal as long as it is the single ply on IPF. I use mine for DL and anything else like GM, SLDL, row, etc. super comfy and easily adjusted. Just get the right size.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Those numbers on military and EZ bar curl are sick brotato! Nice work!
    Thanks I am working hard to try to keep strength on the up trend being that my test is lower right now. From what I can tell when I put the new numbers in the max calculator my strength is sticking around the same as when I was still on...

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    It's been a long time since I've used the ez bar but I can't even think about putting that kind of weight above my heard even seated. I used to really be able to rock seated military but standing is way more difficult.
    Yeah I like the EZ Bar I feel I can hit brachialis and the biceps with it pretty good and after the chins I am already toasty in the supinated position.

Thanks! I am trying to kill it up in here... Like we talked about in IM this is really my first time training for strength.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Heck yeah!!! Kleen's the man!!!!

I wish I had a tall enough ceiling in my home gym to do those -
    They are pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I am gonna do my best.

Okay update time. I got home last night and the wife had reheated some pot roast we had the other day it was very low fat. On top of the before she ever got to it I had already went in once it was cold and skimmed the fat from the top of the bowl. So it was pretty darn lean. I had about a pound of it last night with 1 cup mashed potatoes and finished it off with a bit of Dump Cake to get my carbs up higher. I also had 2 scoops of CELL SHOCK post workout with my aminos.

I am pretty excited about the new Aminos we have coming out BCAA + SAA it is going to be sweet to have that around.

Okay not for this mornings lift. Today was dead lifts. I went in like a week ago after my first workout and recalculated my estimated max because it was just too high. I could tell by how hard the first week was. So now I went to print out this weeks workouts and printed the first one with the higher weights so some of my lower sets should have been lower weights, I will list what they should have been off to the side if they were incorrect.

Dead Lifts
    210x5 should have been 195
    260x5 should have been 245
    315x3 should have been 295
    395x5 should have been 370
    445x3 should have been 420
    470x3
    This is also a PR!!! This was the correct weight I was supposed to use remembered what it was from looking yesterday the old sheet had me doing 500 I don't think I would have got too many there.. I think I could have probably pulled a 4rth if I had not been lifting about 20 lbs over on each of the build up sets.

Romanian Dead Lifts to 1 inch from floor - 275x10 x5 sets

Hanging Leg Raises feet up to bar - 2 sets of 10, 1 of 7
    Planks - 60 seconds x2

Today I broke my fast early at 10AM 1.5 cups Oats, 3 scoops Trutein Vanilla 2 tbls spoon of heavy cream...
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    205 standing is impressive. I got up to that but at a much higher weight. 40 lbs. heavier than you. When I lost that weight my numbers dropped.

A note on spud belt. I believe it is legal as long as it is the single ply on IPF. I use mine for DL and anything else like GM, SLDL, row, etc. super comfy and easily adjusted. Just get the right size.
    Oh okay, I got the 3 ply one, it is still comfortable and feels sturdy enough to squat in which is why I chose to do a triple ply at this point. Just using it as added insurance, I have not used a belt in so long I feel my core is more than up to the task however my desire not to see injury again requires that I have some support. I don't think that I will be competing any time soon. I may be wrong but I don't think my numbers would be competitive at this juncture. Now who knows how I will feel after a few cycles of 531 but for now it is very fun to push / pull some numbers!
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I think your numbers are fine. Probably be a 500 DL at least in comp. that's damn good.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I have the three ply as well. Love it.

By the way it's on sale on elitefts right now.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    I think your numbers are fine. Probably be a 500 DL at least in comp. that's damn good.
    Sounds good maybe we will see what happens down the road if my bench and squat keep climbing.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Yah if I was still going for big numbers on deads and doing 3's I'd be using a belf for sure. Doing 8's my grip wears out before my back does
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

No Doubt Doug! The high reps are a beast on the grip!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    No Doubt Doug! The high reps are a beast on the grip!
    Yah it's a good governor, makes it more idiot proof
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

My grip has got better just since starting this. I can crush a Sprite can! No really I was pretty surprised when I pulled the 470x3 with no wraps.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Answers

wouldn't miss this kleen! As long as there's going to be pop tart re feeds . Even if not ill still stay
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

When you calculated your numbers did you base them off of your 1rm or 90% of your 1rm?
    SFW and GFH
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jay breaking PRs with Intimidate and HGHpro
    By jaycuda in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 05:50 PM
  2. WarcraftJJS is recovering with Millennuim Sport Tech's RPG
    By WarcraftJJS in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 09:04 PM
  3. GMG is recovering faster than you with LG's GHENERATE!
    By GMG760 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
  4. Bigla2004 is zappin PR's with CORE ZAP (sponsored)
    By bigla2004 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 10:38 PM
  5. Why Is It Bad To Mix Creatine With...?
    By BIGNBUFF in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 01:51 PM