Phenibut and Elavil

Malfie

Awards
I've recently started looking into various supplements for social anxiety and have so far tried Valerian, Passionflower, Hops, L-Theanine, and Picamilon, and of the five, Picamilon has been the best, although it makes me feel too energized and even a bit aggressive, and none have really helped social anxiety much.

So, I'm looking into trying Phenibut, but have read a few times that it could be a Serotonergic and I'm taking Elavil (Amitriptyline), which is a Tricyclic antidepressant, 50mg at night, and wonder if it's okay to combine the two?

Also, due to Phenibut's sedative effects and Elavil being very sedative, I'm concerned that Phenibut may just put me to sleep!

Is it okay to take Phenibut if already on a Tricyclic antidepressant :confused:

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can't see why there would be any dramas in doing so. Phenibut is not for everyone though. I personally feel like I'm drunk when I use it. You will also build up a tolerance to it fairly rapidly if you start using it frequently. It takes about two hours to kick in depending on your dosage. Experiment and see what happens. It's the only way you'll know :)

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're already taking a lot of things that could revive or amplify phenibut's effects, especially the L-Theanine. In my case, L-Theanine amplifies the relaxation of phenibut, but I don't know how or if it really revives it in my case. I never take phenibut more than twice a week to avoid tolerance, so if tolerance did develop, I would expect an increase in the valerian and L-theanine and others would bring it back around completely. At least I hope that to be the case, as if there were a way to extend phenibut's effects forever that'd be awesome.

Malfie

Awards
You're already taking a lot of things that could revive or amplify phenibut's effects, especially the L-Theanine.
I'm not taking the other supplements on a daily basis, they're just supps I've tried out to find out their effects on anxiety. If and when I try Phenibut, the only other drug I'll be taking at the same time is the Elavil and I only intend to take Phenibut as-needed due to the tolerance issues I've read about. I plan to start low, as low as 250mg, which may not make me feel much at all, but I guess it's best to be cautious. Thanks for the replies!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7