CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

Page 9 of 20 First ... 7891011 ... Last

1. I enjoy the carb load. I enjoy the hell out of it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by TNASTYII View Post
    any of you guys gain fat over the refeed? haha. i think i gained alittle but it will come off this week im sure. str is still off the chain. str training plus this diet of awesome. up 7lbs on inclines PLUS 2 reps and plus 10lbs on declines same reps. freakin sweet
    If you're putting on any fat whatsoever over the refeed then something is wrong with your macros during the carb up. It may be hard to judge though if you already have a fat pad because when your muscles fill up with glycogen you will look bigger all around.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    If you're putting on any fat whatsoever over the refeed then something is wrong with your macros during the carb up. It may be hard to judge though if you already have a fat pad because when your muscles fill up with glycogen you will look bigger all around.
    im just saying my pants got tighter. but its pretty much back to where it was b4 the refeed. prob just all the food i ate haha

4. Quote Originally Posted by TNASTYII View Post
    im just saying my pants got tighter. but its pretty much back to where it was b4 the refeed. prob just all the food i ate haha
    That's strange. I'm significantly bigger than you, plus I tend to go up about 12 lbs on a refeed, and I actually went down an inch on the waist when I measured today (right at the end of the refeed).

5. For me, successful carb ups result in a tightening of the core as well. When I eat everyting in sight over the weekend (supersized mickey dee's meals, diner food, and such) then my belt fits tighter and I have in fact put on some fat. I am not suggesting that this is the case with you, Tnasty, I'm rather just trying to remind people of the importance of watching and physically counting your macros over the carb ups until you have it down to a point where you no longer need to count them.

6. yea they prob were out of wack. but it was sooo goood lol. i weighed myself today 3 days after refeed and i dropped 2 lbs. anyone ever make a meat crust pizza during the week?

7. Well I did something right this weekend. I only did carb up on saturday, worked out today, was about 3 pounds up. Also have some ****ing insane pumps. Haven't felt anything like this since Havoc.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Well I did something right this weekend. I only did carb up on saturday, worked out today, was about 3 pounds up. Also have some ****ing insane pumps. Haven't felt anything like this since Havoc.
    what did your carb up look like? did it go friday afternoon/night or only sat? what food did you eat? did sunday look like any other week day? Are you using this to lose weight or something else? sorry so many questions, but this is the first diet i've tried to take serious.

9. No worries mate. I had previously been doing 2 full days for carb up, but I'm trying to cut the last bit of fat to get to 10% before my winter bulk so I've decided to go down to 1 day of carbs. Sunday was just a normal day with my normal diet.

I started friday afternoon with lots of cereal. Had about 30 cookies and half gallon of milk, some bread and a 250g carb drink before bed. Saturday was lots of wheaties, english muffins, peanut butter, some jumbo tortillas, **** like that. Pretty much whatever I felt like. The whole carb up probably didn't go over 600-700 carbs.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    For me, successful carb ups result in a tightening of the core as well.
    Same here. I generally look both bigger and leaner when I'm carbing up. The next morning, I tend to look a little puffy tho but I do have trouble getting enough water in me when I'm forcing down retarded amounts of sugar cereal, lol.

Any tips on keeping the fluid intake up? After three bowls of fruity pebbles, that extra 16 oz of water just kills me.
    •   

11. Keep a gallon of water in the refrigerator and sip from it during the day, it's not so hard to get through two gallons when your used to it.

12. couldnt you avoid the fat gain and eat complex carbs over the carb up? but the whole gole is a huge insulin response correct? and complex carbs wont give you that. id feel alot better eating alittle more complex than simple.

13. Quote Originally Posted by TNASTYII View Post
    couldnt you avoid the fat gain and eat complex carbs over the carb up?
    Are you asking if you could avoid fat gain by eating low glycemic carbs instead of higher glycemic carbs over the carb up? The whole reason why we eat the simple carbs at the beginning of the carb up is because
    a.) we have an altered insulin sensitivity from individuals on a carbohydrate based diet and therefore will not suffer any negative effects
    b.) they taste fukkin delicious
    and
    c.) simply because if the goal is glycogen supercompensation then we want to stuff ourselves with a very large amount of carbs during the first 24 hours. I don't know about you, but if I tried to eat 150g of low glycemic carbs w/ a shlt ton of protein (60-75g) every 2 hours during the initial stage of the carb up I think it would be extremely difficult. It is hard enough trying to eat that much of simple sugars or glucose polymers.

but the whole gole is a huge insulin response correct?
    True.

and complex carbs wont give you that.
    False.

id feel alot better eating alittle more complex than simple
    May I ask why?

14. Here is a quote from a fellow member on AM who has been using the anabolic diet for some time now:

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2 View Post
    Another update for anyone interested. Well, 8 months is a long time. I'm down to 250. 8" off the waist. Caloric intake down to 1900/day. Changed my workout over to a more hypertrophy focused routine, so, can't say for certain about the strength loss, but, I would say it's minimal. Started recreate/DCP stack on Monday. If anyone is interested in the results, I'd be more than happy to post. Anyway, this diet DOES work, just not used to being on a diet this long. This week is week 36, lost 41lbs. So, I guess I'm right on track. If no further interest, I'll post my end results with a pic perhaps.

15. Im going back on a CKD for my cut. I really think I can make my carb loads a ton better this time around after reading all the info in here (and some usnic acid of DNP ). Thanks guys
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

16. Forgot to mention that my ratios have gone from 60/40 fat/protein to 40/60 fat/protein.

17. i think i posted on friday before depletion workout that i was 236. I didn't go to the gym yesterday but today was 239. so maybe i was above 240 sunday night into monday

18. Awesome Distilled...you'll have to let us know how the DNP goes!
    I think I may run another quick cut as well before rugby season CKD style. But for now I'm having too much fun putting on a little lean mass while sticking myself with some peptides.

19. Quote Originally Posted by scotty2 View Post
    Forgot to mention that my ratios have gone from 60/40 fat/protein to 40/60 fat/protein.
    Good to see you in this thread Scotty and that is an important additional piece of information.
    Bro if I recall correctly you were throwing up some very impressive numbers in the gym. Keep it up, champ. LOL.

20. Can anyone post their tension workouts? I cant seem to find them just the depletion workouts.

21. Just do two circuits of exercises for every major group working to exhaustion.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Just do two circuits of exercises for every major group working to exhaustion.
    Tension workouts are the non-carb depletion workouts? You do circuit training for those?

I do this split:

Monday- Legs
    Wednesday- Back
    Thursday- Shoulders/Chest/Arms
    Friday- Depletion

23. I just started using Gut Health and I'm liking it so far. My stomach feels more comfortable....like I'm absorbing the nutrients in the food better. Anyone else have experience using Gut Health while on CKD or AD?

24. my workout:
    mon: chest/tris
    tues: back/bi's
    wed: legs
    thurs: shoulder
    friday: depletion

pretty weak by thurs. though.......still tweaking the workouts

25. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I just started using Gut Health and I'm liking it so far. My stomach feels more comfortable....like I'm absorbing the nutrients in the food better. Anyone else have experience using Gut Health while on CKD or AD?
    I haven't ever had digestion or poopy problems on CKD, so no on my part@!

26. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I haven't ever had digestion or poopy problems on CKD, so no on my part@!
    Me either, but it seems like it still helps me digest.

27. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I just started using Gut Health and I'm liking it so far. My stomach feels more comfortable....like I'm absorbing the nutrients in the food better. Anyone else have experience using Gut Health while on CKD or AD?
    i dont sh!t as much as i used to. then a lot on the weekend

28. I **** once a day during the week and it's tiny!

29. I was thinking a tension workout like this
    Mon: Chest/Tri's
    Tue: Back/Shoulders
    Wed: Legs/Bis
    Thur: OFF
    Fri: depletion

Any reason not to?

30. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I was thinking a tension workout like this
    Mon: Chest/Tri's
    Tue: Back/Shoulders
    Wed: Legs/Bis
    Thur: OFF
    Fri: depletion

Any reason not to?
    The first obvious thing that would pop to my mind would be your physical state on friday in terms of how sore your legs and biceps would be.

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:33 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:48 AM