CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

Page 5 of 15 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Manimalia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,473
    Rep Power
    818
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    93.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    how many carbs right now on your carb up? and what is your weight?
    i weigh right now a bit under 200. and as far as my carb up, i was initially hitting 950. and then this past week i hit it down to 850. i was thinking that i'd stick at 800 til i shed a bit more weight, though.

  2. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Actually when you're liver is full, it spills over into fat after you consume excess fructose. The body stores fructose in the liver only, so if you eat 10 bowls of fruit it spills over and you get fat.
    LOL great. Luckily I only got about 165g fructose carbs.
  3. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    LOL great. Luckily I only got about 165g fructose carbs.
    You're cool then.

    The good news is that it uses liver glycogen as one of the first sources of energy, so even when you're filling up, it's likely tapping into it.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Any truth to the atkins method of "total carbs"?
  5. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Any truth to the atkins method of "total carbs"?
    how does that go?
  6. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Any truth to the atkins method of "total carbs"?

    It's all subjective. Everyone requires or uses a different number of calories and carbs depending on a million factors.
  7. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    It's all subjective. Everyone requires or uses a different number of calories and carbs depending on a million factors.
    I meant "net carbs" as in the net carb amount (the important number in atkins) = total carbs-alcohol sugars-fiber= net carbs.

    Another Question- Who thinks DinoBites (mimic fruity pebbles) are fructose?
  8. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I meant "net carbs" as in the net carb amount (the important number in atkins) = total carbs-alcohol sugars-fiber= net carbs.

    Another Question- Who thinks DinoBites (mimic fruity pebbles) are fructose?
    I would say dinobites are not fructose. How much sugar per serving in those?
  9. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    I would say dinobites are not fructose. How much sugar per serving in those?
    Don't know, don't care
  10. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Don't know, don't care
    why the **** did you ask then
  11. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Because if it's fructose I don't want to eat much of them. If they aren't, well then I don't care!
  12. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    i don't know what the hell is going on this week. i'm carb-loading right now and i keep breaking into sweats everytime i eat cereal or drink gatorade. any clue?
  13. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Don't know but I feel super bloated and lethargic right now. BLAH.
  14. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Don't know but I feel super bloated and lethargic right now. BLAH.
    I stole your frosting idea from another thread. Yum.
  15. New Member
    Esox Express's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    250
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    21.02%

    So I just did a killer legs workout on thursday, with my carb-up being on wednesday. I am deathly sore right now (saturday). I have been eating a ton of protein, but my recovery time still blows. Does this have to do with having no carbs, or am I doing something wrong?

    After my workout on wednesday, this is what my day looked like.

    Post-Workout- 1 egg, 1.5 scoops ON Whey in water, 2TBS NPB

    1 hour later- 1 can Tuna w/ Mayo a handful of walnuts, and a spinach salad with EVOO

    the rest of the day was basically 30-50g protein every 2-3 hours, along with various sources of fat.

    I repeated the same thing yesterday with my chest/tricep workout, and my arms feel fine. Why are my legs always still really sore for 2-3 days after i work them?
  16. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    So I just did a killer legs workout on thursday, with my carb-up being on wednesday. I am deathly sore right now (saturday). I have been eating a ton of protein, but my recovery time still blows. Does this have to do with having no carbs, or am I doing something wrong?

    After my workout on wednesday, this is what my day looked like.

    Post-Workout- 1 egg, 1.5 scoops ON Whey in water, 2TBS NPB

    1 hour later- 1 can Tuna w/ Mayo a handful of walnuts, and a spinach salad with EVOO

    the rest of the day was basically 30-50g protein every 2-3 hours, along with various sources of fat.

    I repeated the same thing yesterday with my chest/tricep workout, and my arms feel fine. Why are my legs always still really sore for 2-3 days after i work them?
    Are you eating enough calories and do you have a high enough percentage of fat in your diet?
  17. New Member
    Esox Express's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    250
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    21.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Are you eating enough calories and do you have a high enough percentage of fat in your diet?
    roughly 3000 calories. I weigh about 150. That should be plenty, right? It might be not enough fat, I'll try to get some more in.

    It just seems weird that my upper body always recovers fine, but my legs suck.
  18. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    roughly 3000 calories. I weigh about 150. That should be plenty, right? It might be not enough fat, I'll try to get some more in.

    It just seems weird that my upper body always recovers fine, but my legs suck.
    I'd think 3000 would be enough. You should be getting 65-70% fats. How long have you been on the diet?
  19. New Member
    Esox Express's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    250
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    21.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I'd think 3000 would be enough. You should be getting 65-70% fats. How long have you been on the diet?
    This is my 6th week. I haven't really been doing any really intense weight workouts yet though, as I wanted to be sure I had made the "metabolic shift". It's my first time, so I get a little nervous about everything
  20. Advanced Member
    ThomasRivera's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    814
    Rep Power
    486
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I meant "net carbs" as in the net carb amount (the important number in atkins) = total carbs-alcohol sugars-fiber= net carbs.

    Another Question- Who thinks DinoBites (mimic fruity pebbles) are fructose?
    Subtract the fiber.

    Can't find any info on dinobites, they usually have a breakdown on Nutritiondata.com of the sucrose, glucose, fructose, etc that a product has. Doesn't even list it for fruity pebbles.

    Some people respond badly to alcohol sugars, I just avoid them in general.
  21. Advanced Member
    TNASTYII's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    348
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    20.76%

    well i started again finally...its been 3 days. im not really suffering bc ive done this diet twice in the past so im use to it. im just ready for some carbs! my workouts are amazing str is off the chain. i look really flat right now...im guessing cuz of the no carbs :/
  22. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    Subtract the fiber.

    Can't find any info on dinobites, they usually have a breakdown on Nutritiondata.com of the sucrose, glucose, fructose, etc that a product has. Doesn't even list it for fruity pebbles.

    Some people respond badly to alcohol sugars, I just avoid them in general.
    fructose i knew about but am i supposed to stay away from glucose and sucrose? are they derivatives of fructose? is there anything else to stay away from? also, i read somewhere that you aren't supposed to have that much fat later in the day (after your workout if you workout at night). anyone hear anything about this?
  23. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    How much weight do you guys put on over the weekend from glycogen?
  24. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    about 4 4.5 lbs. you?
  25. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    well I didn't work out yesterday but I had practice. I weighed myself mid-day today and there was no difference between today and friday :/
  26. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Last week i put on 7.4 lbs. Typical for me is about 5-7lbs.
  27. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    well WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  28. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Even today, i am up 4.6lbs over friday.. I usually baseline around Wed-Thur..

    Did you have a weak re-feed? What do you typically gain? Any other changes?
  29. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It definitely wasn't weak but it wasn't awesome. I honestly haven't been keeping track of weights after refeed. I thought about it today and couldn't figure out why I haven't been doing it.

    I definitely didn't go all out on carbs but it was pretty hefty. Lots of simple carbs with some complex mixed in.
  30. New Member
    Kalakbar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  266 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    106
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    34.71%

    4.5 pounds on a weekend of refeeding? God damn. It is not uncommon for me to wake up Friday morning at 277, low carb until 5pm, have a depletion workout, and then hi carb and go to bed at 290. I normally wake up Monday at 288 or so, and then steadily lose about 2-3 lbs a day during the low carb portion of the diet (eating about 3000 calories a day, with about 40 minutes of fasted, low intensity cardio with BCAAs).

    Honestly not sure what it is all about with the huge weight gain/loss. Going to try this next weekend with no sugary start, and just 48 hours of slow carbs (oatmeal, potatoes, whole wheat bread/pasta).

    On a side note, overall I am looking better/stronger (most of my lifts has gone up at least 20 lbs) at the same weight, but I've noticed I'm getting stretch marks on my biceps. I'm not sure if its due to the weight flucuation, or the DermaTherm I've been trying recently, but it's kinda confusing

    Regards,
    Matt.
  31. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    maybe i'll buy a scale. the only scale i use is at the gym so i don't get to weigh myself until about 5:30 at night. either way i'll see what my weight is friday before depletion workout and then monday before workout. what's the rule on working out during carb up? also, its only week three but i think i'm going to change that most of my calories come earlier in the day as opposed to at night.
  32. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1266
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    6-8 normally. Since I started this superdrol cycle its up to like 10-12 a refeed.
  33. Advanced Member
    ThomasRivera's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    814
    Rep Power
    486
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%

    Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    fructose i knew about but am i supposed to stay away from glucose and sucrose? are they derivatives of fructose? is there anything else to stay away from? also, i read somewhere that you aren't supposed to have that much fat later in the day (after your workout if you workout at night). anyone hear anything about this?

    No, I was just saying that Nutritiondata.com usually lists the breakdowns of sugar in a product. Not suggesting that glucose or surcrose are bad.
  34. Advanced Member
    TNASTYII's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    348
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    20.76%

    just got back from the gym....added 15lbs to my close grip bench press haha. i love this diet. carbing up tommorow!
  35. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    471
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    So I just did a killer legs workout on thursday, with my carb-up being on wednesday. I am deathly sore right now (saturday). I have been eating a ton of protein, but my recovery time still blows. Does this have to do with having no carbs, or am I doing something wrong?

    After my workout on wednesday, this is what my day looked like.

    Post-Workout- 1 egg, 1.5 scoops ON Whey in water, 2TBS NPB

    1 hour later- 1 can Tuna w/ Mayo a handful of walnuts, and a spinach salad with EVOO

    the rest of the day was basically 30-50g protein every 2-3 hours, along with various sources of fat.

    I repeated the same thing yesterday with my chest/tricep workout, and my arms feel fine. Why are my legs always still really sore for 2-3 days after i work them?
    I would guess that you just had a killer leg workout like you said. If I push my legs enough in the gym then they won't recover for up to a week sometimes. The legs can take a great beating in the gym...and sometimes you don't realize it until days later when the soreness kicks in.
  36. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    471
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    Subtract the fiber.

    Can't find any info on dinobites, they usually have a breakdown on Nutritiondata.com of the sucrose, glucose, fructose, etc that a product has. Doesn't even list it for fruity pebbles.

    Some people respond badly to alcohol sugars, I just avoid them in general.
    I would also avoid sugar alcohol's on this diet. They use a different energy substrate and may take away from your bodies ability to burn fat as its primary fuel source.

    The same holds true for those of you who consume MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides) such as coconut oil. They have a different structure than other fats that we preferentially consume on this diet and should be avoided for their ability to use a different energy substrate.
  37. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    471
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    How much weight do you guys put on over the weekend from glycogen?
    Initially, probably the first 1.5-2 months I started this diet I would gain about 7-9 lbs. over the course of the carb up. But after that period, my fluctuation was somewhere between 1-3 lbs. per week once my body was adjusted.
  38. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    471
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    well I didn't work out yesterday but I had practice. I weighed myself mid-day today and there was no difference between today and friday :/
    Speaking of practice Rugby is kicking my a$$ right now. My foot is injured and I can't ****ing walk or run right now. But I'm lovin' the sport and I've learned so much since I began playing. (my apologies for the hijack)
  39. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    471
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    maybe i'll buy a scale. the only scale i use is at the gym so i don't get to weigh myself until about 5:30 at night. either way i'll see what my weight is friday before depletion workout and then monday before workout. what's the rule on working out during carb up? also, its only week three but i think i'm going to change that most of my calories come earlier in the day as opposed to at night.
    IMO it is not a great idea. This is the time when you should be focused on replenishing your glycogen stores and working out will do just the opposite. If you choose to exercise over the carb up you may notice that you come into your low carb week flatter than usual. For myself, this means less intense workouts during the low carb week which in the long run = less results.
  40. New Member
    austink3417's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    63.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    IMO it is not a great idea. This is the time when you should be focused on replenishing your glycogen stores and working out will do just the opposite. If you choose to exercise over the carb up you may notice that you come into your low carb week flatter than usual. For myself, this means less intense workouts during the low carb week which in the long run = less results.
    good deal. i like the idea of sitting around eating. what about eating majority of calories earlier in day than later? also, is there anything besides fructose that should be avoided during carb up?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:33 AM
  2. Molecular Nutrition's MEGA Testing Stacking Thread
    By jjohn in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 07:52 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in