CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

Page 4 of 15 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Get to fukkin eat some fukkin food again tonight. yeah buddy!!!!

2. Registered User

I wish I was, but I'm too broke to buy the necessary foods
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaarb UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!! !!!!!!!!word. just movin' this thread to the top so as to keep it from being buried, ya heard?

man, can't wait for my cocoa krispies (only 3g fat with skim milk, of course) HA............HA!

P.S.- i feel i'm losing weight, as i just bought a smaller pair of jeans with a relaxed fit, and not loose! yeah, buddy. i'm wearing what would have been thigh/nut huggers already now. but anyways, i still feel a bit fat. any reasons why? i mean, i'm losing weight, yet i can still bend down and grab the same handful of fat. weird. maybe i'll just not fixate and keep getting my weight up (the iron, not the body).
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

waxy maize shake, 2 gatorades down and i to go. this sucks. i'm about to puke. i have to have 153g of simple carbs or some shvt???????? after the first gatorade i couldn't fit anymore. now, i'm breaking into a sweat with every sip
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

is anyone else on the anabolic diet ALWAY hungry...ill eat a meal and 40 mins later im starving lol. so weird. good way to bulk and still lose fat tho :]
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TNASTYII View Post
    is anyone else on the anabolic diet ALWAY hungry...ill eat a meal and 40 mins later im starving lol. so weird. good way to bulk and still lose fat tho :]
    absolutely.....this was my first week though. by wed, and yesterday(thurs.) i was a complete prick to anyone around. today though i wasn't that hungry and was on the diet until about 7. now i'm carb loading and this part is actually harder then i thought.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    absolutely.....this was my first week though. by wed, and yesterday(thurs.) i was a complete prick to anyone around. today though i wasn't that hungry and was on the diet until about 7. now i'm carb loading and this part is actually harder then i thought.
    the first one after the induction phase is a bit hard at first. you'll be straight soon enough.
  8. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

I'm jealous of you guys already carbing up. I'm waiting till tomorrow so I can drink beer and eat chips while I watch football.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I'm jealous of you guys already carbing up. I'm waiting till tomorrow so I can drink beer and eat chips while I watch football.
    i'm doing the 48 hour carb up. simple first 24, complex 2nd, and beer falls into both of these categories
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  266 lbs.

350 grams of carbs after my depletion workout I'm feeling like King Kong on Cocaine. God damn, this feeling makes the entire week of emptiness worth it ;P Probably one of the only "natural" highs I can get past drug testing =D
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

i feel tired as ****. i keep eating though, or trying anyway. rice crispy treats were just made. can't wait
  12. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

i'm doing the 48 hour carb up. simple first 24, complex 2nd, and beer falls into both of these categories
    Me too, but I like watching football all day, including the Sunday Night Game
  13. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

i feel tired as ****. i keep eating though, or trying anyway. rice crispy treats were just made. can't wait
    Mmmmmmm. Good idea. Rice Krispy Treats.....mmmmmmm.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Me too, but I like watching football all day, including the Sunday Night Game
    so, how would you do that? Stay on low carb throughout Friday night, then do a depletion workout sat. morning? High carb, all friday and sat.? that sounds interesting. that actually sounds great. ckd football diet. nice
  15. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

so, how would you do that? Stay on low carb throughout Friday night, then do a depletion workout sat. morning? High carb, all friday and sat.? that sounds interesting. that actually sounds great. ckd football diet. nice
    Exactly. Just did my depletion workout (8am Sat morning) and had my waxy maize/whey shake (120g carbs/50g protein). Its time for a day of sugar cereal! I went to Costco yesterday and got the Apple Jacks/ Froot Loops/ Corn Pops three pack. Gonna be some good eating!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Exactly. Just did my depletion workout (8am Sat morning) and had my waxy maize/whey shake (120g carbs/50g protein). Its time for a day of sugar cereal! I went to Costco yesterday and got the Apple Jacks/ Froot Loops/ Corn Pops three pack. Gonna be some good eating!
    haha, i hear ya. how many carbs per mg of waxy maize?
  17. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

haha, i hear ya. how many carbs per mg of waxy maize?
    Not sure what you mean. Its 4 scoops of waxy maize (30g carbs per scoop)
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

that's pretty much what i mean. but i got the kwick carb from nutra planet and it has no scooper. i've been using a protien scooper
  19. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

that's pretty much what i mean. but i got the kwick carb from nutra planet and it has no scooper. i've been using a protien scooper
    Ah ok. I got mine from the Vitamin Shop. I think I overpaid...5 pounds for 35 bucks. Came with a scooper though!
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I do basically the same thing.. But all in one day now.. Start off simplier, then taper to more complex.

I did the duchane way for a while, and i ALWAYS felt like **** on Fridays liquid/simple carbs..

I feel much better now, and can say i am making the same progress, and just about the same "rebound" from refeeds.

What worked for me though, is to not take so much liquid carbs.. I'd still have some gatorade/WMS after my workout, but I started to eat different kinds of gummy candies like sour patch kids, mike and ike, sweedish fish, gummy bears, etc. Lots of sugar, no/low fat, and don't make me feel like a piece of ****, or have to run to the bathroom every 15 min.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I think my head is gonna fall off. This is the end of the first week for me - me. want. carbs!

I swear, tomorrows carbed liquids/foods better be amazing!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

yo mah ma, as cosmo kramer would say. i've been going about this thing a bit wrong, i think. i've been trying to do this like a conventional diet, and just staying a few 100 below my maintenance. and i had lost weight last week, the water and whatnot. but nothing since then. i think after having read this: Determining the Maximum Dietary Deficit for Fat Loss

i will lower my cals more. i'm sitting at about 15% fat right now, and weighing in at about 200. that would mean i could safely lose up to 20 lbs. of fat. i've been taking in 950g of carbs on my carbup friday/sat. morning and 2250+ cals sunday through friday evening.

i suspect that i could lower them more. i'm dropping down to 1850 and lowering my carb up to 750g from 950 starting this next week. heck i'd also read that individuals with more fat shouldn't overdo their carbup, but i'll try and stick to guidlines. i'm also gonna, as suggested by CryingEmo, incorporate some HIT. I'll be doing that three times a week.

time to eat less and work more i reckon. unless anyone has a better idea. botch? rugger?
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    yo mah ma, as cosmo kramer would say. i've been going about this thing a bit wrong, i think. i've been trying to do this like a conventional diet, and just staying a few 100 below my maintenance. and i had lost weight last week, the water and whatnot. but nothing since then. i think after having read this: Determining the Maximum Dietary Deficit for Fat Loss

i will lower my cals more. i'm sitting at about 15% fat right now, and weighing in at about 200. that would mean i could safely lose up to 20 lbs. of fat. i've been taking in 950g of carbs on my carbup friday/sat. morning and 2250+ cals sunday through friday evening.

i suspect that i could lower them more. i'm dropping down to 1850 and lowering my carb up to 750g from 950 starting this next week. heck i'd also read that individuals with more fat shouldn't overdo their carbup, but i'll try and stick to guidlines. i'm also gonna, as suggested by CryingEmo, incorporate some HIT. I'll be doing that three times a week.

time to eat less and work more i reckon. unless anyone has a better idea. botch? rugger?
    Do you fluctuate your cals at all durring the week?

Honestly 2250 is decently low for someone your weight/bf. If i were you id (these numbers are just an example) try to fluctuate. You can do this based on Training days/non training days, whatever you wanna do.

Also what is your current cardio lookin like?

2250 x 5=11,250

Sun-1800
    Mon-2600
    Tue-2125
    Wed-2600
    thur-2125
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Have you heard anything about Trimax (Tricana) on the Anabolic Diet? I have some of that from when they sold it at Custom Nutrition Warehouse.
    Tricana...this is a metabolite of T3, no? I really can't comment on this product because I know very little about it and I don't know anyone personally who has had experience with it.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Do you fluctuate your cals at all durring the week?

Honestly 2250 is decently low for someone your weight/bf. If i were you id (these numbers are just an example) try to fluctuate. You can do this based on Training days/non training days, whatever you wanna do.

Also what is your current cardio lookin like?

2250 x 5=11,250

Sun-1800
    Mon-2600
    Tue-2125
    Wed-2600
    thur-2125
    Great advice!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

i was just at costco and picked up some grape juice b/c it has 39g of suger per 8 oz. its from concentrate but now i'm worried that the sugar is from the fruit which if i'm right, you're supposed to stay away from. anyone have an answer, i know the answer it probably pretty obvious to everyone but me
  27. Registered User

I forgot how much carb ups suck after the initial meal. I can't eat anymore without feeling sick to my stomach.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.

Good thread brother. Don't know much about CKD but have read the anabolic diet e-book (http://www.scribd.com/doc/2437047/Anabolic-Diet) posted by another member here a while back. Ive been on it for a few months now and found it really helpful this summer with preserving muscle while working a very physically demanding job. I would advise anyone interested in the anabolic diet to skip the first carb-up altogether so as to ensure that your body has gone through the "metabolic shift." I would also recommend that carbs be kept to an absolute minimum, meaning only vegtables and nuts and the like, during the trace carb fazes. You do not want to be eating 40 grams of carbs a day if you are following Di Pascuale's diet. Another important thing to consider is that this diet has the potential to be very dangerous, particularly while using a substance known to wreak havoc on cholesterol levels (ie Superdrol). It can be done safely, but healthier food choices need to be made, and EPA/DHA supplementation becomes even more essential.

I really don't know why this diet is not more popular and I applaud you for offering your help and providing guidance to all the members here. I myself am in the midst of conducting an experiment regarding the anabolic diet and a nice, long, 20+ week aas cycle. I will let the board know how it goes.

PS- I avoid simple carbs during carb ups precisely because they make me feel like sh*t. Ive found that I feel better and still get the same pumped look/feeling consuming 'good carbs'. With the ability to add in all kinds of fat, you can make whole wheat pasta and oats taste pretty f*cking awesome anyway.
  29. Registered User

i can't remember why fructose carbs are bad for carb-ups. Anyone remember?
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IroNwIlL2006 View Post
    Good thread brother. Don't know much about CKD but have read the anabolic diet e-book (http://www.scribd.com/doc/2437047/Anabolic-Diet) posted by another member here a while back. Ive been on it for a few months now and found it really helpful this summer with preserving muscle while working a very physically demanding job. I would advise anyone interested in the anabolic diet to skip the first carb-up altogether so as to ensure that your body has gone through the "metabolic shift." I would also recommend that carbs be kept to an absolute minimum, meaning only vegtables and nuts and the like, during the trace carb fazes. You do not want to be eating 40 grams of carbs a day if you are following Di Pascuale's diet. Another important thing to consider is that this diet has the potential to be very dangerous, particularly while using a substance known to wreak havoc on cholesterol levels (ie Superdrol). It can be done safely, but healthier food choices need to be made, and EPA/DHA supplementation becomes even more essential.

I really don't know why this diet is not more popular and I applaud you for offering your help and providing guidance to all the members here. I myself am in the midst of conducting an experiment regarding the anabolic diet and a nice, long, 20+ week aas cycle. I will let the board know how it goes.

PS- I avoid simple carbs during carb ups precisely because they make me feel like sh*t. Ive found that I feel better and still get the same pumped look/feeling consuming 'good carbs'. With the ability to add in all kinds of fat, you can make whole wheat pasta and oats taste pretty f*cking awesome anyway.
    Great input bro! Keep us posted on the results of your cycle.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Fructose preferentially refills liver glycogen. We are primarily trying to feed the muscles.
  32. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Pretty sure it is because it is used by the liver, rather then to fill muscle glycogen.
  33. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    Fructose preferentially refills liver glycogen. We are primarily trying to feed the muscles.
    bastard lol
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

muhuhahahahaha!!! Beat you to it
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    does this have to do with "fruit" drinks. my grape juice is from concentrate and says nothing about being real fruit juice. any thoughts?
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

does this have to do with "fruit" drinks. my grape juice is from concentrate and says nothing about being real fruit juice. any thoughts?
    I tend to shy away from fruit drinks made from concentrate because like you said, often times they don't tell you how much real fruit juice is in there. But if it says "fruit juice" on the bottle, then legally in the US it must come from 100% fruit juice. If it is a blend of fruit juice and other ingredients then it may be called something like a "fruit drink" but it cannot say "fruit juice" on the label. Either way, it would be best to stay away from the juice drinks that don't tell you the content. But a "fruit drink" may contain something like 1% of fruit juice from concentrate which would be a negligible amount of fructose. So if the label says "1% fruit juice from concentrate" then this is okay to consume.
  37. Registered User

I guess my liver is full as **** right now, then
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

well, sunday (1700) and today (1800) i ate lower cals. lowered em from 2200 where i was at last week. no energy loss whatsoever. my lifts continue to improve bit by bit. and i'm incorporating that HIT into the routine. this week will be a 10 minute session after each lift. next week, will be two more sessions, 15 minutes on tue/thur. then i'll up them two to 20 minutes the next week. and then the week after, i'll lower my cals again by 100 or so. this all also includes lowering the carbup a bit. by about 4-6 weeks, i should be all good. gonna order me some BCAA'S to sip on with meals. i'll then of course lower my real food protein a bit. but i feel i want me some of that good BCAA power. gonna go with NP's bulk. no added crap in it, like aspartame, glutamine, etc.

just an update for y'all. i'll let you guys know next week how this week has gone.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    well, sunday (1700) and today (1800) i ate lower cals. lowered em from 2200 where i was at last week. no energy loss whatsoever. my lifts continue to improve bit by bit. and i'm incorporating that HIT into the routine. this week will be a 10 minute session after each lift. next week, will be two more sessions, 15 minutes on tue/thur. then i'll up them two to 20 minutes the next week. and then the week after, i'll lower my cals again by 100 or so. this all also includes lowering the carbup a bit. by about 4-6 weeks, i should be all good. gonna order me some BCAA'S to sip on with meals. i'll then of course lower my real food protein a bit. but i feel i want me some of that good BCAA power. gonna go with NP's bulk. no added crap in it, like aspartame, glutamine, etc.

just an update for y'all. i'll let you guys know next week how this week has gone.
    how many carbs right now on your carb up? and what is your weight?
  40. Registered User

I guess my liver is full as **** right now, then

Actually when you're liver is full, it spills over into fat after you consume excess fructose. The body stores fructose in the liver only, so if you eat 10 bowls of fruit it spills over and you get fat.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 03:33 AM
  2. Molecular Nutrition's MEGA Testing Stacking Thread
    By jjohn in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 05:52 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 01:48 AM