CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

Page 11 of 15 First ... 6910111213 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Rugger, that is the most phenomenal thing I have ever seen. I was looking forward to carb up this weekend, but I feel I am going to go to full depletion and hit a full 12 days on <30. I am pretty happy about this, since it will be assuring that I am fully depleted.

Here is my question for everyone out there, for the remainder of my carb down (9 more amazing days) before my carb up, how should my workouts go? I was planning to do my weekly protocol as follows:

Sat: Depletion WO Carb Up
    Sun: Carb Up
    Mon: Chest/shoulders/triceps
    Tues: Legs
    Wednesday: Back/Biceps
    Thursday: Cardio/HIIT
    Friday: Cardio/HIIT

OR...instead of going the full 12 days should I just test for when I am in keto? Thoughts? Flames? Kick my ass? =)

Lucky

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

im in with you^^ day six right now..six days left before by carb up.. i feel like ive been doing depletion work outs every day..
  3. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyKid57 View Post
    Here is my question for everyone out there, for the remainder of my carb down (9 more amazing days) before my carb up, how should my workouts go?
    I think trial and error is the way to go. What you can do during a workout when carb depleted is an individual thing.

When I initially started on this diet, I was pretty useless in the gym on Thursday and Friday, so I used to have lighter workouts later in the week. Lately, I think my body has adapted to the diet enough that I can do full workouts throughout the week.
    •   

4. Registered User

This weekend I'm going to buy 3 of the 5 dollar cesars pizzas, lots of cereal and baked goods, maybe a burrito or three.

I can never force myself to eat enough volume, though. I always feel TERRIBLE.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

My training style right now is 8-12 reps, whatever feels right that day, my energy levels in the gym and out of the gym are usually pretty high regardless of how many days i've gone low carb. The only time where I felt really fatigued was before thanksgivings when I did a circuit style training, which i'm not too accustomed too.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

So here is a question about carbing up. I am going to be running a 12 initial depletion phase (so far so good, and btw, those hot wings were really good to me)... when I get to my carb up, I will hit it for probably a 36 hour span between Saturday afternoon and Sunday early evening.

I see a lot of dudes pulling off the ice cream and sugary cereals and what not, and I know that the first half of the carb is supposedly good to take in simple carbs and the second half to take in complex. This recomp is really important to me, and normally I do not process carbohydrates all that well, so I was wondering if it was possible to clean up the carb a bit? I am going to stay away from fruits, since I find fructose to be pretty much useless since I won't be working out until long after the carb up.

My main question, I guess, is: if I do not start with the initial high glycemic sugars, will that be very detrimental to my muscle growth in the coming week from the lack of a giant INITIAL insulin spike? Or can I keep it pretty clean for the most part and keep my mind at ease?
  7. Registered User

You need fast actors after depletion so you fill up quickly. Complex will not do that, so yes it's important. You don't have to eat junk food, but it helps.......a lot. You aren't going to get fat from pigging out on crap, as long as the rest of your week is legit, I promise.
    See the post above about a guy losing 25 pounds from a refeed and look at what he ate.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Haha, cool man. Greatly appreciated. I guess I will just "have" to go with the frozen yogurt and sprinkles.
  9. Registered User

Haha, cool man. Greatly appreciated. I guess I will just "have" to go with the frozen yogurt and sprinkles.
    Stay away from the frozen yogurt as it probably has fructose in it.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Stay away from the frozen yogurt as it probably has fructose in it.
    Ah, touche'.
  11. Registered User

Stick with cookies and cake
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Bread is a good friend of yours. I actually get a good deal of pasta in, along with some candy.
  13. Registered User

Poptarts, too. Make sure to get the ones with 37g per tart. That's 296 carbs per box and boxes are usually 2.40ish. That's almost as cheap as it gets for carbs.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

White rice, dextrose, pancakes, french toast.
  15. Registered User

Ice cream, mini ice cream bars, honey, cereal, pudding, strudel, cake, brownies
  16. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Anything I've been craving all week!

Rice, noodles, pizza, bread, candy, BEER.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

SOOOOOO GOOD!!! I found zero calorie chocolate dip at the grocery store tonight, just for some taste...and honestly, I should have passed. Word of advice, steer clear of "Walden Farms Calorie Free" ANYTHING. Aigh... where is my Reddi-Whip....GRRRRRR!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

i have been lifting harder and heavier then ever .. even with the carb depeletion.. low reps..going for extra weight each workout.. training hard as ever and im gaining size.. havent lost more then 3-4 pounds in first week but body fat is way down.. i look alot bigger and i have been lifting as heavy as possible and not falling into the trend of light weight high reps while cutting
  19. Registered User

SOOOOOO GOOD!!! I found zero calorie chocolate dip at the grocery store tonight, just for some taste...and honestly, I should have passed. Word of advice, steer clear of "Walden Farms Calorie Free" ANYTHING. Aigh... where is my Reddi-Whip....GRRRRRR!
    I use walden farms everything. EVERYTHING! LOL.
    I have every salad dressing they make plus the chocolate and butterscotch sauce.

There is also a store by my house that sells low carb ice cream and ice cream bars. Something like 2g carbs per serving in each. Stuff is awesome.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

ZACH I LOVE IT. I have noticed the same thing, although I must admit I have been implementing BOTH styles of training recently. Going really heavy for 6 reps or so and going higher rep with moderate weight (20 reps) but. Just got my Ketosticks tonight, anyone recommend time of day to run a test so as to get the most accurate reading?
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

I use walden farms everything. EVERYTHING! LOL.
    I have every salad dressing they make plus the chocolate and butterscotch sauce.
    I was just eating it straight out of the jar, lol. Crazy... but I JUST finished mixing some Reddi-Whip in there, omg... dude, it's like chocolate mousse. Go to your fridge right now and HIT IT!!!
  22. Registered User

Never used em. I can generally feel when I'm in keto and when I'm not.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

ZACH I LOVE IT. I have noticed the same thing, although I must admit I have been implementing BOTH styles of training recently. Going really heavy for 6 reps or so and going higher rep with moderate weight (20 reps) but. Just got my Ketosticks tonight, anyone recommend time of day to run a test so as to get the most accurate reading?
    Never. I think its a big waste of money.

You will test negative if you drink too much water, you will test too dark if you drank little water, a number of things can throw them off. Do it right in the morning I guess.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Blast. LoL. I wonder if they will take a bottle back with 49 Ketostix......... 0=).
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Use them for now. They are a helpful tool when starting out just as a crutch, a security blanket.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Hey BigZach... only a couple more days until your carb up, man! Don't rub it in too much when you get there and I still have a week, lol.
  27. Registered User

Hey BigZach... only a couple more days until your carb up, man! Don't rub it in too much when you get there and I still have a week, lol.
    After your first meal of a refeed you wont like refeeds anymore
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Ya, my a** tends to explode during refeeds.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

yeah, they also take getting used to. I was sweating and feeling sick drinking gatorade the first carb up. you just get used to it. I don't know how long ago this thread started, but i'm down about 20lbs.:bb3:
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

honestly i got the biggest craving for carbs last night... i sucked on two cough drops and drank half of a sprite zero.. it really killed my cravings...
    other then that im loving the vascularity ive been getting lately.. ppl have been noticing too, bunch of ppl including my gf who works out with me are thinking about hopping on..
    i reccomend this diet to anyone who between 10-20% bf looking to decrease that small pouch under your belly and/or just add some vascularity and muscle definition!!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Yeah, question about that... I have noticed I have been able to maintain my vascularity... my question is "HOW!?" I mean, I know just from normal blood flow you will look vascular, but I always assumed sick vascularity came from the shuttling of glucose to the muscle... if I am depleted or in keto, how is this so pronounced?
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

my guess is .. simply from reduction of body fat and water under the skin.. ive lost a good amount of water weight/bloat!
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Yeah, question about that... I have noticed I have been able to maintain my vascularity... my question is "HOW!?" I mean, I know just from normal blood flow you will look vascular, but I always assumed sick vascularity came from the shuttling of glucose to the muscle... if I am depleted or in keto, how is this so pronounced?
    From what I read, ketosis can induce changes in vascularity. Basically maintaining the blood flow, just more blood flowing.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Water under the skin and a reduction in body fat also play a role. Your muscles can tend to look flat at the end of the week, thats the only difference I noticed.
  35. Registered User

Hello guys,
    Just a quick question about the keto diet : i'm on keto diet since 2 weeks (well, not sure yet, i realised that i take 36 gr of carbs/day, so i had to decrease carbs).
    What if i don't do the w.e. carb loading ? i don't feel the need to (i like what i eat during the week) ?
    I have to make some adjustments as i ate these 2 weeks about 50% prot. 40 % fat and 10% carb (too much carbs on cottage cheese)
    JB
  36. Registered User

Some people do just fine without refeeds.
    The refeeds are there primarily to allow you to lift heavy early in the week, and secondly to help growth. If you're cutting it isn't a big deal.

I'd recommend at least 1 huge refeed meal, though.
  37. Registered User

I'd recommend at least 1 huge refeed meal, though.
    Ok i'll have one saturday night... i misss pizzas !
    JB
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

The carb load is beneficial on a few levels.

Increased glycogen content in the muscles -
    Better apperance
    Better performance the first few workouts in the week
    Mechanical strength enhancement due to size increase

Metabolically -
    During sub maintenance caloric intake the carb load helps too boost metabolism by raising caloric intake and restricting adipose tissue gain
    Increase GH, Insulin and test in unison for a very anabolic situation

It's also mentally easier to get in some carbs, reward system and all.
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

heres the start of my refeed. This should get me through till about 1-2pm.
  40. Registered User

lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 03:33 AM
  2. Molecular Nutrition's MEGA Testing Stacking Thread
    By jjohn in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 05:52 PM