CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

Page 11 of 20 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    So your answer is water?
    Ah ok, I understand the question now.....work with me....I'm slower than Palin's youngest kid....

Yes, mainly water.

2. I always mixed my WMS in gatorade.

I don't really consume allot of liquid carbs anymore on refeeds. Maybe one 50-75g drink. Liquid carbs really made me feel like a piece of ****.

When i followed the "Duchane" refeed, after 1-2 liquid carb meals, i felt like hell the rest of the day. My stomach would get so ****ed up.
    •   

3. What are you guys' favorite CHEAP high calorie foods for AD?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    What are you guys' favorite CHEAP high calorie foods for AD?
    80/20 ground beef. I can find it for $1.99/lb. Whole eggs were cheap at one time but not anymore.

What do you guys think of using a DC workout mon-wed then a depleation workout friday? I'm really liking this DC stuff.

Mon: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Tue: Bicep/Forarm/BacK
    Wed: Calfs/hams/quads

I may have already asked this but I dont think so, I've been so effin busy...........if so just give me a good ol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

5. Where the **** do you find beef at that price? All the stores around me only have 85/15 and it's 6.98 for 2 pounds.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Where the **** do you find beef at that price? All the stores around me only have 85/15 and it's 6.98 for 2 pounds.
    Where do you live?

I go to BJ's, sams club, or sometimes Giant Eagle will have it for $2.09 (I dont mind the extra $.10 for the convinince of it being 1 block away.)

BJ's will have 90/10 for $2.59/lb non-sale.

7. I guess I need a membership at a wholesale place

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I guess I need a membership at a wholesale place
    My roomates mom has a membership to BJ's and my mom has a membership to Sams club so we luck out. I'd advise it though for sure.

I only spend $50/week on food now...Was about 75+ before. I can also get a 10lb bag of chicken breast(boneless/skinless) for $22.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    My roomates mom has a membership to BJ's

What a coincidence. I have a membership to your roommates mom's BJ's.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    My roomates mom has a membership to BJ's and my mom has a membership to Sams club so we luck out. I'd advise it though for sure.

I only spend $50/week on food now...Was about 75+ before. I can also get a 10lb bag of chicken breast(boneless/skinless) for $22.
    Does sams have all of the regular foods? Meats/cheeses/nuts/eggs/etc? I've only been to a Costco before. Also, with sams, are the portions small enough to be able to use it all before it rots? Hopefully that last question makes sense.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    What are you guys' favorite CHEAP high calorie foods for AD?
    Ground pork, 21 grams of fat per a serving, 20 grams of protein, 2.79 a pound.

Ground beef 80/20 2.89 a pound

12. Foods I am using now for the anabolic diet (bulking with this):

whole eggs
    turkey bacon
    safflower oil (mixed with whey shakes)
    enova oil (mixed with whey shakes)
    avocados (tons of fiber and good fat)
    ground beef
    salmon

I even use chicken and tuna. Steak is usually expensive compared to the above foods. At least in my area.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

13. How do you eat your avacados?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    How do you eat your avacados?
    RAW.....mmmmmmmmm.

As for cheap high cal foods:

EGGS! I go through about 48 a week. Drink em raw most of the time.

Meatzza! Mix ground beef with eggs, make a thin pizza crust on a pan. Cover in cheese and spices. Cook. So good. You can cut it into slices and its money.

15. Eggs are a pretty good cost/calorie ratio but not as good as walnuts, which is the cheapest I have found so far at .00218 cents per calorie from a non whole-sale grocery store.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Eggs are a pretty good cost/calorie ratio but not as good as walnuts, which is the cheapest I have found so far at .00218 cents per calorie from a non whole-sale grocery store.
    Wow....you calculated the calorie to cent ratio? Seriously?

17. Lol yes. I'm a bit OCD about analysis.

PS- I miss wrote, that. I meant .218 cents per calorie

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I meant .218 cents per calorie
    Well that changes everything!

19. It sure does!

20. how is everyone still doing on this diet???? i told my girlfriend i didn't think **** was happening and she said she could definately see a difference. as she put it, my body was "condensing." anyone else have some feedback?

21. Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    how is everyone still doing on this diet???? i told my girlfriend i didn't think **** was happening and she said she could definately see a difference. as she put it, my body was "condensing." anyone else have some feedback?
    No one noticed I lost any weight until about the 40lb. mark.. It works. I am down 9.5" in the waist, close to 50lbs. I've also been at it for about 9 months. Be patient.

22. Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    how is everyone still doing on this diet???? i told my girlfriend i didn't think **** was happening and she said she could definately see a difference. as she put it, my body was "condensing." anyone else have some feedback?

Didn't you just come off some mega-cycle?

23. i don't know about mega-cycle. nothing thundergod does or anything. that was about 2.5 weeks ago. i'm trying to cut pretty hard right now. I got up to like 242 while on. i'm going to weigh myself today at the gym.

24. Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    I love this diet.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    How do you eat your avacados?
    Raw
    ForeRunner Labs

26. http://www.elise.com/recipes/archive..._guacamole.php

I would take out the tomatoes, leave everything else carb friendly in and use it on some sort of thin cheese chip made from parmesean baked in the oven

27. Guys - do atkins advantage bars fit into this diet atall?

I had a mega craving tonight and cained 2 of them, they had 2 impact carbs each but a total of 36g of carbs between them.

i am confused as to which to take on board?

did i just phuck up my ketosis

28. I don't buy that impact carb ****!

29. Most 'bars' are loaded with a bunch of shat. I generally dont even look at them.
    ForeRunner Labs

30. Quote Originally Posted by 0-hero View Post
    Guys - do atkins advantage bars fit into this diet atall?

I had a mega craving tonight and cained 2 of them, they had 2 impact carbs each but a total of 36g of carbs between them.

i am confused as to which to take on board?

did i just phuck up my ketosis
    You'll be fine, but like Rugger and Noyd I avoid them all together. Just resume your regular dieting.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:33 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:48 AM