Advice

dillianc

Awards
So I am 145lbs and 5'10 I would say I am mesomorphic. I went down from 210LBS (not of muscle) in the last year and 3/4. It has been a long journey but now I want to put on some healthy weight (muscle) and need some diet advice.

I work out like crazy with a mixture of resistance and cross-fit training. I want to put on 15lbs of muscle within a year or so, I think this is reasonable. I do a pretty good job of tracking my caloric intake and currently it sits between 1800-2200 daily and is fairly clean. lots of veggies, lean meats, whole grains etc.

I am not trying to bulk and cut, but rather build and stay lean. I dont want to put on fat just muscle.

How should I approach the eating? I am currenlty putting more emphasis on my post and pre workout meals trying to make sure that i eat a good breakfast consisiting of oats, egg whites, berries, and turkey.Followed by protein and glutamine afterwards my workout and some complex carbohydrates. I try and eat throughout the day at least snacking every 2-3 hours.

Any suggestions. I dont know how many calories a day I should be ingesting just to fuel my body and a dietician is very expensive ha ha.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
So I am 145lbs and 5'10 I would say I am mesomorphic. I went down from 210LBS (not of muscle) in the last year and 3/4. It has been a long journey but now I want to put on some healthy weight (muscle) and need some diet advice.

I work out like crazy with a mixture of resistance and cross-fit training. I want to put on 15lbs of muscle within a year or so, I think this is reasonable. I do a pretty good job of tracking my caloric intake and currently it sits between 1800-2200 daily and is fairly clean. lots of veggies, lean meats, whole grains etc.

I am not trying to bulk and cut, but rather build and stay lean. I dont want to put on fat just muscle.

How should I approach the eating? I am currenlty putting more emphasis on my post and pre workout meals trying to make sure that i eat a good breakfast consisiting of oats, egg whites, berries, and turkey.Followed by protein and glutamine afterwards my workout and some complex carbohydrates. I try and eat throughout the day at least snacking every 2-3 hours.

Any suggestions. I dont know how many calories a day I should be ingesting just to fuel my body and a dietician is very expensive ha ha.

To promote lean gains, circle your carbs around the times you are most active and go at a 'slight' caloric surpluss. Aim for about 1-2 pounds gained each month. This will promote lean gains with VERY minimal fat gain. 15 sounds like too high of a goal. If you hit that at the end of the year I assure you allot of it is fat. 5-10lbs is a more realistic goal. Do a lean bulk and you won't have to cut long either when your done.

Congrats on loosing all the fat brotha and good luck on the bulk!

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
its good that you know your cals, that will help...

first, get about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight to start. I would start adding calories to your training days. Once you have that i would start adding more carbs to your meals after your training... This will be your caloric increase. Get yourself calipered every couple of weeks and keep adding more calories till the BF starts to increase. Then cut back a few cals and hold it there for a month or two than re-evaluate...