Adrenal Fatigue

brooksy3434

Awards
anyone know of anyhthing that helps with adrenal fatigue? also, anything that will make it worse?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Cessation of stimulant usage will help, the flip side being continuation of stimulate usage will continue or make it worse. I can't remember the brand name off the top of my head but nutraplanet carries a product called Reset A.D. that is used to combat adrenal fatigue. Its fairly cheap and quite a few people on the boards have had success with it.

EDIT: The brand is Palo Alto Labs.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Cessation of stimulant usage will help, the flip side being continuation of stimulate usage will continue or make it worse. I can't remember the brand name off the top of my head but nutraplanet carries a product called Reset A.D. that is used to combat adrenal fatigue. Its fairly cheap and quite a few people on the boards have had success with it.

EDIT: The brand is Palo Alto Labs.
Excellent summary.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I tried Reset and I can tell the difference.
I've ran it once and experienced some success with it... It wasn't nearly as amazing as i thought it would be, but if i run it again I'll probably end up running higher dosages.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Basically, you want to reduce your stress levels. Immediately and completely restructuring your life in order to do this is ridiculous if not impossible, imo. Small steps over time is the best way to do this if you are serious about it.

Now, a rather long-winded answer based on a "holistic" approach:

For our case, you can separate stress into two categories: physiological (body) and psychological (mind). Physiological stress is stress exerted on the body by external forces, like poor diet, lack of sleep, excessive 'drug' use (stims, alcohol, recreational substances), etc.

To reduce this kind of stress you need to fix the above problems. Of course, this is easier said than done for a lot of folks. But gradual and consistent progress in the right direction is a winner for sure.

On the other hand, psychological stress is internally generated. From there, the mental representation (i.e. "mind sh*t") will be manifested physiologically.

Yes, it can be in response to outside factors but the key word here is in response. Generally, we react to an negative outside stimulus unconsciously: someone does something and we react w/o even thinking. With enough practice, a person can actually change their immediate response to any unpleasant stimulus.

For the normal individual, this degree of cognitive reprogramming is not really necessary. The key is developing emotional coping skills that reduce the length of your response. For example, it is ok to be pissed off at someone or worried about something for a short period of time, but when you let it ruin your day, then it becomes a problem.

Some examples of these are mindfulness practice, NLP-style reframing, deep breathing techniques, and distraction from immediate situation. Again, learning any of these is a gradual process. The first step, imo is realizing when you're not letting go of your emotions and then working from there.

The last component, relaxation techniques, can reduce both physiological and psychological stress. This can be anything from meditation, prayer, tai chi, self-hypnosis, or even taking a small part of the day for some "me time."

The trick for any of the psychological stress reducers is finding something that works for you. Once you do that, roll with it and you'll see an improvement.

I can talk about this topic ad naseum (and enjoy doing so) so if the OP or any other who happens to read this would like me to expound upon this sh*t, send me a PM.

Later y'all.

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
anyone know of anyhthing that helps with adrenal fatigue? also, anything that will make it worse?
I too have taken Reset. I have been on a ton of stimulants for the past 3 years and have been experiencing heavy adrenal fatigue. I am trying out a product called Ampheta-Restore. It seems to be working nicely. I am doing a product review log on it. Check it out.

MegaCalf

Awards
I don't have enough posts to post link but do a youtube search of "paul chek adrenal fatigue". There are other videos there as well that describe how diet effects the adrenal glands.

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
P.s. adrenalfatigue dot org is also a good site for adrenal fatigue info!

Kashish

Awards
try ampheta-restore, it helps. Just look for some information about it online, also i previously made post on it. Just have a look and give it a try, it is helpful. Good luck

healthbuff

Awards
Actually treatment for adrenal fatigue is simple. This only requires a minor lifestyle modifications such as such as having a positive outlook in life, take time to breath or should I say a quiet moment without thinking anything, spa/yoga sessions would help, regular meals, exercise and sleeping on time. This are just simple things but definitely would make a difference. As for things that will trigger adrenal fatigue, you should avoid any hydrogenated fats, caffeine, chocolate, white carbohydrates, and junk foods.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Actually treatment for adrenal fatigue is simple. This only requires a minor lifestyle modifications such as such as having a positive outlook in life, take time to breath or should I say a quiet moment without thinking anything, spa/yoga sessions would help, regular meals, exercise and sleeping on time. This are just simple things but definitely would make a difference. As for things that will trigger adrenal fatigue, you should avoid any hydrogenated fats, caffeine, chocolate, white carbohydrates, and junk foods.
How do you not think anything, just thinking about not thinking anything is thinking.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adrenal Fatigue

Adrenal fatigue is one of the health problems that I deal with myself and it is difficult to treat.
Adrenal Fatigue is a term applied to a collection of nonspecific symptoms, such as body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances and digestive problems. The term often shows up in popular health books and on alternative medicine Web sites, but it isn't an accepted medical diagnosis.
Your adrenal glands produce a variety of hormones that are essential to life. The medical term "adrenal insufficiency," or Addison's disease, refers to inadequate production of one or more of these hormones as a result of an underlying disease. Signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency include fatigue, body aches, unexplained weight loss, low blood pressure, lightheadedness and loss of body hair. Adrenal insufficiency can be diagnosed by blood tests and special stimulation tests that show inadequate levels of adrenal hormones.
Proponents of the adrenal fatigue diagnosis claim this is a mild form of adrenal insufficiency caused by chronic stress. The unproven theory behind adrenal fatigue is that your adrenal glands are unable to keep pace with the demands of perpetual fight-or-flight arousal. As a result, they can't produce quite enough of the hormones you need to feel good. Existing blood tests, according to this theory, aren't sensitive enough to detect such a small decline in adrenal function — but your body is. That's why you feel tired, weak and depressed.
It's frustrating to have persistent symptoms your doctor can't readily explain. But accepting a medically unrecognized diagnosis from an unqualified practitioner could be worse. Unproven remedies for so-called "adrenal fatigue" may leave you feeling sicker, while the real cause — such as depression or fibromyalgia — continues to take its toll.

Cures and Remedies for Adrenal Fatigue:

As I said above, adrenal fatigue is complicated and not an easy problem to correct. It may take one to two years to cure. Many times there are underlying health problems that are causing adrenal fatigue. In this case you need to find out what the cause is. It could be an ongoing infection or inflammation. It can be candida overgrowth, irritable bowel syndrome, or any of a number of health problems that cause ongoing stress to the adrenals. The underlying cause needs to be addressed as well or you will never be able to heal your adrenal glands.
Below are some supplements, herbs, hormonals and some advise to help you with adrenal fatigue.

Supplements That Help Adrenal Fatigue

•Vitamin C (2,000-4,000 mg/day sustained release) -- best taken with bioflavonoids.
•Vitamin E w/mixed tocopherols (800 IU/day)
•Vitamin B100 Complex
•Niacin (125-150 mg/day) -- as inositol hexaniacinate. (Although it is recommended to use 125-150 mg each day, I have found it very hard to find niacin as inositol hexaniacinate in less than 500 mg. It is okay to take at this level as the body flushes what it doesn't need.)
•Pyridoxine B6 (150 mg/day)
•Pantothenic Acid B5 (1200-1500 mg/day)
•Magnesium Citrate (400-1200 mg) -- I like this best in the powdered form such as in Natural Calm. This form of magnesium makes sure it is absorbed.
•Liquid Trace Minerals -- they have a calming effect
•Free-Form Amino Acids
•Proline (500 mg daily) -- Proline is helpful in rebuilding connective tissues. Weak adrenals are often associated with poor quality connective tissues and whatever helps connective tissues seems to help adrenals as well.
•Adrenal Glandular -- or desiccated adrenal gland is extremely important in the initial phases of adrenal repair since it provides raw materials to support adrenal function. It also contains some important adrenal hormones.

Herbs That Help Adrenal Fatigue

•Rhodiola Rosea -- It enhances memory and concentration. It has been shown to reduce stress-induced fatigue and improve mental performance.
•Ashwagandha -- It has been shown to have a sedating effect on the body and helps to rebuild the digestive and nervous system.
•Eleuthero Root or Siberian Ginseng -- It has been used traditionally to stimulate and nourish the adrenal glands and increases mental alertness. Eleuthero is considered an "adaptogen" which means it can help the body adapt to stress.
•Cordyceps -- This is a Chinese mushroom used for supporting the adrenal gland and can also normalize immune function and support kidney, lung, liver, nervous system and cardiovascular function.

Hormones That Help Adrenal Fatigue

As for hormones, it is a good idea to be tested and find out what your hormone levels are before supplementing them. This way you'll know exactly what hormones are deficient. The three hormones below are most often supplemented when dealing with adrenal fatigue.
•DHEA - This is a basic adrenal hormone that the adrenals will convert into other hormones. If someone is very deficient in this hormone they may only be able to tolerate a small amount such as 5 mg. The average adult dose ranges between 10 and 25 mg. DHEA will also go on to become sex hormones such as testosterone and estrogen.
•Pregnenolone - This is a precursor to many of the hormones produced by the adrenal glands. It is a raw material that supports basic adrenal function. Pregnenolone is best taken towards the evening but may be taken earlier if it interferes with sleep. The usual dose is 25 mg.
•Progesterone Cream - Progesterone is the building block for many other major hormones such as cortisol, DHEA, testosterone and estrogen. If you are under a lot of stress and your adrenals are pumping out cortisol, your body will use available progesterone. If too much progesterone is used to produce cortisol, like with adrenal fatigue, not enough is produced to make testosterone which is needed for a woman’s healthy libido. I recommend progesterone in the form of a skin cream. Always make sure that it says progesterone USP so you know it's real progesterone.

Life Style Changes That Help Adrenal Fatigue

•Removal of the stressors. This is the most important step. Emotional stressors such as marital, family, relationship, or financial problems needs to be dealt with and normalized.
•Rest and sleep are extremely important. You will need nine hours of sleep and maybe more for a very long time. Also rest after meals, at midmorning and mid-afternoon if possible.
•Gentle walking is beneficial but vigorous exercise depletes the adrenals. Deep breathing and stretching is also beneficial. You should exercise to relax rather than to build muscles or lose weight.
•Replace toxic cleaning products used around the house with natural products. There are natural alternatives available for cleaning. Hair dyes, shampoos, makeup and skin care products need to be replaced with natural versions. Adrenals are stressed by chemicals and so this is very important.
•Detoxification sauna therapy using an infrared sauna will greatly speed up recovery. If you are in adrenal burnout, use the sauna daily for no more than 30 minutes. Once or twice a week is excellent for prevention.

Adrenal Fatigue Diet

It may benefit you to add salt to your diet, especially upon rising and at least a half-hour before you have the lowest energy of the day. Take 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoonful of sea salt, Celtic salt or sea salt w/kelp powder, in an 8 oz glass of water.
Below is a great article explaining the need for salt in adrenal fatigue. Don't let the title throw you off as you will see the connection to CFS as well.
Nutritional Considerations in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
When the adrenal glands are fatigued they do not produce enough aldosterone. Aldosterone regulates the amount of sodium and potassium in the body. When aldosterone becomes deficient not enough salt is retained in the body. If you have been craving salt, this is probably the reason. There is a discussion about aldosterone at the Web page below. You'll have to scroll down to find it -- or read the whole article as there is a lot of good information here. I don't like some of his diet recommendations as he wants to restrict eating red meats, etc.

ross2009

ross2009

Awards
wow, this is very nice info. thanks for posting sir.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
How do you not think anything, just thinking about not thinking anything is thinking.
Eckharte Tolle. The Power of Now. Buy it. It will change your life.

Believe it or not, with enough practice you don't get caught in a cognitive thought process of thinking about not thinking.... if that makes sense. The best way to describe it is a total overwhelming sense of presence and the present moment, time is inconsequential and you are 100% aware with none of the annoying and incessant internal dialogue that for some reason people think is normal.

healthbuff

Awards
What I mean by this is by not thinking about anything that makes you stressful or pressured it is simply giving your mind a chance to relax.

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
Also, regarding detoxification in terms of aiding adrenal fatigue; I have found that this is a easier said than done; especially when taking a myriad of supplements to help with the condition. For example, look at the half-life of Benadryl. That alone is a tough hurdle to pass. Milk thistle is good, but other things need to be in the mix. Also, the time of day at which these detox supplements are taken plays a factor. For example, with the Ampheta-Restore stuff, I found that I saw a better result when taking my last dose right before bed time. A-R has vitamin c in it, as well as milk thistle. I read that the two of these, especially taken before bed can increase the acidity of your urine's ph level, causing you to expel toxins including prescription drugs like Adderall that help cause adrenal fatigue in the first place. I feel that the period directly before bed time is a crucial period in terms of supplementation, with adrenal fatigue kept in mind. Has anyone else experienced the same kind of results with time-of-day supplement change?

orangerain

Awards
I too have taken Reset. I have been on a ton of stimulants for the past 3 years and have been experiencing heavy adrenal fatigue. I am trying out a product called Ampheta-Restore. It seems to be working nicely. I am doing a product review log on it. Check it out.
Only tried ampheta-restore to boost the effects of fat burners - but yes, I've read a lot of good reviews on ampheta-restore for fighting off adrenal fatigue. :) Will follow your blog about it.